• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Diablohead said:
Anyone could have typed that patch list, it's just bullet points of things the game has.

What's wrong with killstreaks? only the care package glitch for what I know.

No shit, that's why I said take it with a grain of salt, I merely posted it because he claims to have talked directly to a community manager. As for killstreaks, I heard they don't work in combat training, maybe that's what he's referring to.

Konig94

Neo Member
If anyone's having trouble with the ghost pro sentry gun kill, what I did was put sentry gun for my kill streak and just throw it near the enemies and hope they set it up.

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Just discovered th M14 last night, muuuuuuuch better.

Not sure if I've seen it mentioned but man does the M16 suck cock in this game.

Really? I've been loving it. It's what I use in every COD. Are you saying I'd be doing better with something else?

According to spiegel Germany Black Ops got banned in Cuba. Not due to violene in the game but because of a certain mission. :lol

Cuba calls it "a game for sociopaths".

Weenerz

Banned
Just had my best round so far, 23/4 was my k/d, but the big thing is the stars much have aligned because I got over 26k xp from that round :lol

CitizenCope said:
Really? I've been loving it. It's what I use in every COD. Are you saying I'd be doing better with something else?

Don't think so. The burst/semi AR's are the cream of the crop. I don't think you can go wrong between the M16/FAL/M14/G11. The automatic AR's completely suck.

aku:jiki

Fuck! I've only been trying for an hour but I'm already so fucking sick of being forced to play modes I hate to unlocked Pro perks. God damn it, words can't describe how much I despise CTF in CoD. Fuck you Treyarch. :(

snap0212

Anyone else having problems with uploading videos? I've linked my YouTube account and was already able to upload a 1 second clip. :lol Now it seems like the game doesn't want me to upload anything else. I just have to click "render video" and it should upload it to YouTube, right? :/

snap0212 said:
Anyone else having problems with uploading videos? I've linked my YouTube account and was already able to upload a 1 second clip. :lol Now it seems like the game doesn't want me to upload anything else. I just have to click "render video" and it should upload it to YouTube, right? :/

Has to be 30 seconds or shorter, render clip, you watch it and it then has a progress circle. Then it's a waiting game.

regs

what the fuck did they flip a switch or something? I went from actually shooting people and killing them to unloading full clips into them and having them kill me in 3 shots within 24 hours

Mully

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Just discovered th M14 last night, muuuuuuuch better.

Not sure if I've seen it mentioned but man does the M16 suck cock in this game.

The M14 is an absolute beast. Even at close range. My M14 class is Lightweight, Warlord, and Marathon with a grip and red dot attached to the M14.

alterno69 said:
Just want to say i played for 6 hours yesterday and i really like it. Played a few MW2 rounds a couple of days ago and it was a fucking mess, i loved that game too but it has turned into a fucking joke right now, might happen in Black Ops too but so far it's great. My only complaint is maybe the maps are way too open, i mean every room has like four access points, even roof tops and two story buildings have like 3 stairs or more, every one. May be good to prevent camping but i get killed from the back A LOT, that didn't happen in MW 2 so often.

I've tried to like this game but it's really a let down. Most of the assault rifles are just about useless past mid-range. The most frustrating experience is time again burying a full clip into someone and have them turn on a dime and knife me or just keep running. Knifing is as bad if not worse than MW2 because at least you had shotguns as a secondary or stopping power to put them down before they got to. As problematic as MW2 is I'm almost compelled to go back to it. You have to play hardcore to actually kill people but then that also has its drawbacks. Much camping.

cameltoe

regs said:
what the fuck did they flip a switch or something? I went from actually shooting people and killing them to unloading full clips into them and having them kill me in 3 shots within 24 hours

Last night it was fine. One burst from the G11 would kill. Then, mid round it all changed. It would take 2-3 burst to kill! WTF just happened?

I equipped dogs last night then proceeded to call them in twice in the first game then once each of the next 4 games. I only got 15 kills from them. They are super easy to kill. One dude called them in and I just stood in a corner and they all came at me....I killed 7 of those fuckers...they just run in a straight line right at you. Back to chopper gunner!

The sentry gun challenge for ghost pro is getting ridiculous. I felt so bad that I had sentry gun as a KS (I hate that streak) last night and was dropping sentry guns for people. I was the only one doing it.

Do I get lucky or are they all over a certain game mode where you find the rare Sentrygunsquatch?

JB1981

Had some fun with this last night. Games were quite laggy, though, even when using the local search function.

Also last night I felt like every time I got a kill I was immediately killed right after. I'm not sure if it's a function of the spawn system, the flow of the maps, lack of effective cover or flanking or what but it happened very frequently. Never really had that kind of experience with COD 4 or MW2.

JB1981 said:
Had some fun with this last night. Games were quite laggy, though, even when using the local search function.

Also last night I felt like every time I got a kill I was immediately killed right after. I'm not sure if it's a function of the spawn system, the flow of the maps, lack of effective cover or flanking or what but it happened very frequently. Never really had that kind of experience with COD 4 or MW2.

This is very common in Black Ops. It's the spawn system. Enemies constantly spawn close and/or behind you. You have to be seriously alert playing this game, whereas in COD4 and MW2 you usually felt pretty safe.

The maps are pretty small too which emphasises this issue.

I thought it'd be cool to post the names of my classes.

Sub Sandwich (mpk/ninja class)

Wesley Snipes (self explanatory)

I call Shotgun

A Salt Cracker (assault weapons)

Et tu Brute (another variant of the Ninja/knifing class)

cameltoe

Anerythristic said:
The sentry gun challenge for ghost pro is getting ridiculous. I felt so bad that I had sentry gun as a KS (I hate that streak) last night and was dropping sentry guns for people. I was the only one doing it.

Do I get lucky or are they all over a certain game mode where you find the rare Sentrygunsquatch?

Yea, I started playing Dom and Demo...I figured they would be used there to guard flags and shit...sure enough! Bingo. Its nice not worrying about aircraft anymore.

snap0212

cameltoe said:
after render, place it in your file share...watch vid and it should upload after you watch it.
Thanks. It's uploading at the moment. I suck at the "editing", though. Tried to slow the video down to 0.1 times the actual speed, but it doesn't really work. Well, I'll see how it looks once it's uploaded. :)

cameltoe

Foxy Fox 39 said:
I thought it'd be cool to post the names of my classes.

Sub Sandwich (mpk/ninja class)

Wesley Snipes (self explanatory)

I call Shotgun

A Salt Cracker (assault weapons)

Et tu Brute (another variant of the Ninja/knifing class)

Mine are

Custom 1

Custom 2

Custom 3

Custom 4

Custom 5

No clue whats what until I select it.....works for me.

Ugh, I wish I had more time to play this game. I feel like I've barely scratched the surface. Haven't even tried out the campaign, wager matches or replay yet. Can't wait for the weekend.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I spent a while in Wager matches last night and they're one of the best things to happen to CoD multiplayer in a long time. People were playing very actively, no camping at all, and the modes were just plain fun. Awesome addition.

RoboPlato said:
I spent a while in Wager matches last night and they're one of the best things to happen to CoD multiplayer in a long time. People were playing very actively, no camping at all, and the modes were just plain fun. Awesome addition.
How much do you wager each match? 100?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
As I suspected Gun Game is shit. I hate that it's normal mode and it's just a shitty set up. Knifing really should give you a rank up or two. It feels like absolutely no reward just taking one level away. Well CS has had years to perfect it I guess.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
backflip10019 said:
How much do you wager each match? 100?
It depends on which playlist for it you're in. Low stakes is only 10. I've only played in that list so far since I assume the people in the medium/high stakes matches are going to be way better than I am.

Stallion Free said:
As I suspected Gun Game is shit. I hate that it's normal mode and it's just a shitty set up. Knifing really should give you a rank up or two. It feels like absolutely no reward just taking one level away. Well CS has had years to perfect it I guess.
I have been unable to get into a gun game or wager match so far, it keeps disconnecting me before I even find a lobby, the servers are rather terrible for finding games right now.

RoboPlato said:
It depends on which playlist for it you're in. Low stakes is only 10. I've only played in that list so far since I assume the people in the medium/high stakes matches are going to be way better than I am.

The weekend spender/medium level one is pretty similar in difficulty. Give it a shot, I come out on top 9 times out of 10 and I'm not as hot in BO as I was in MW2.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
jonnybryce said:
The weekend spender/medium level one is pretty similar in difficulty. Give it a shot, I come out on top 9 times out of 10 and I'm not as hot in BO as I was in MW2.
Good to know. There's only been one time I haven't been In the Money so far so it would be nice to make more than the pittance you get in low stakes.

yoopoo said:
Anyone's been playing FFA? Its such a lonely and unexciting experience in this game. Maps are just too big.

I only play TDM, domination and S&D. I liked lone wolf (FFA) in halo but for some reason I don't like it at whatsoever in cod.

tiddles

Loxley said:
Like most people, I tend to find this meme not funny anymore, but holy shit that got me :lol

I do wonder how I would feel watching that scene in the real Downfall movie again... don't know if I'd be able to take it seriously!

jlevel13

Stallion Free said:

I only had time to try it once, but I feel like the low player count per match (6 or 8?) makes it feel kind of weird (coming off CS). If they can allow more players and get some interesting custom maps in there it might end up okay. Knifing is so easy in this game though - I don't agree that you should rank up from it. I don't really like the whole wagering aspect & feel like it would have been better to include the wager modes in with the other modes and just give more points or whatever to the top three.

Right I had valkyrie rockets as a killstreak, I fire the first out of a window and it blows up straight away, I then stand in a courtyard and fire it in the air (same result, im dead instantly)

This happens 3 more times (im pretty sure you only get 2 rockets so wtf?) and I give up using it, this was on hardcore so im not sure if it self destructs if it cant find any targets or something?

Weenerz

Banned
kyo_daikun said:
Right I had valkyrie rockets as a killstreak, I fire the first out of a window and it blows up straight away, I then stand in a courtyard and fire it in the air (same result, im dead instantly)

This happens 3 more times (im pretty sure you only get 2 rockets so wtf?) and I give up using it, this was on hardcore so im not sure if it self destructs if it cant find any targets or something?

Hold down the shoot button and guide it.

Wager matches are a drug. Given that your COD Points are what you use to buy upgrades you sort've grow attached to them while leveling up. When you bet $10,000 on a Wager Match it feels like you're betting with actual money, shit gets intense, because you know if you lose that money it's going to take an hour or two to get it back.

jlevel13 said:
I only had time to try it once, but I feel like the low player count per match (6 or 8?) makes it feel kind of weird (coming off CS). If they can allow more players and get some interesting custom maps in there it might end up okay. Knifing is so easy in this game though - I don't agree that you should rank up from it. I don't really like the whole wagering aspect & feel like it would have been better to include the wager modes in with the other modes and just give more points or whatever to the top three.

Because of what I just detailed, this is why I disagree. You turn Wager Matches into a casual game and it loses it's mystique (if you will). You can easily play the lowest tier with chump change (one "regular" game should bankroll like 100 Wager Matches there) if you just want to kick back and have a good time. The gambling aspect is the pièce de résistance.

RoboPlato said:

I really like the idea of this, but the number of COD points awarded is way off. I was doing the medium betting range last night; you put in 1000 but pretty much break even in 3rd place? I make as much as or more than the second place earnings when I just play regular deathmatch. They should give you the regular points you would earn during a deathmatch game and have the bets added on (or subtracted if you get lower than 3rd place).

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
This game is fucking AWESOME. It feels like MW1 but BETTER (at least in SP). And it feels like MW1 in multiplayer (you can't beat the perfection). No more cheap deaths, guns has recoil. It's good to be back. Also sound is definitely improved.

IceMarker

subversus said:
And it feels like MW1 in multiplayer (you can't beat the perfection). No more cheap deaths, guns has recoil. It's good to be back. Also sound is definitely improved.
That's pretty much how I feel, I've played the multiplayer for about 10 hours now and have only been noobtubed once. :D

Top Bottom