• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I guess out of all the good maps, excluding Nuke Town, I dislike Havanna the most for some reason. It's still good but I think it's the worst out of the others.

Launch is by far my least favorite map.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
aaah bollocks to this man. I even turned off one of my GPUs and the game didn't lose/gain a single ounce of performance. Holy mother of god this game needs fixing :mad:

update notes:

Hey PC community.

We are listening and have been working on updates. We have deployed a few already below, with more to come. Stay tuned here.

11/10

* gameservers.com has bumped sv_maxrate to 25000 across all servers to reduce lag
* gameservers.com continues to improve official server distribution

11/11

* Friends fix for join in progress and Friends tab in server browser.
* Performance improvement for dual and quad core.

Regards,
-JD

More coming and it does not fix all of the problems and not for everyone just so you know.

Brian Fellows said:
Mine has done that too. I also got a nice blue and brown checkerboard pattern once.

yep had the checkerboard a few times tho mines green and brown

Also firing range is my most hated map, has the worst spawn points in the game.

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
theatre mode is just such a good addition. that RC-XD chase video that was posted here made me :lol

too bad my theatre only has my videos from my first 10 matches D;

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Scalpel Knight said:
What the hell? So, I finished an online match (PS3) and left the lobby. Left the game running for a bit. Turned back, looked at my screen, and saw this:
15z5stg.jpg

Game had a fucking seizure. Goddamn.

YOU JUST UNLOCKED THE 8TH CORE HOLY SHIT NEXTGEN STARTS NOW

Belfast

So, what's the verdict on hacks? Are they out there? Do they work as intended? I'm seeing an awful lot of lucky shots and quick-aiming (zooming from one target to the next), but as usual for Call of Duty, that could just be due to a combination of shitty netcode and terrible killcams. And it's not like these people are getting stellar scores all the time, either. Thought that might be due to the lack of really good camping spots.

HomShaBom

Banned
Scalpel Knight said:
What the hell? So, I finished an online match (PS3) and left the lobby. Left the game running for a bit. Turned back, looked at my screen, and saw this:
15z5stg.jpg

TELL ME WHAT THE NUMBERS MEAN

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Damn, this game is FUN. Owes everything to COD4 but what the hell, fun is fun.

I sucked REALLY hard at MW2 but seem to be at or near the top in a lot of matches here. Sometimes I still suck hard though. My favourite mode is HQ. Always hectic and pretty tactic at the same time.

Shooting Range is an awesome map. I like targets moving and blocking the windows in some wagons :lol I had an adrenaline rush capturing and protecting the headquarters alone at the beginning of the match My team was blocked somewhere and the opposite team kept coming and coming. I'd killed five-six of them sitting in the corner and then they outnumbered me.

push back NVA on veteran?.. FUCK NO.

i switched to hardened and that saved the game for me. Tha level has the worst case (and too visible) of spawning enemies and fucked up save points in the game. cheap shit.

quadrax1s

Neo Member
Diablohead said:
for fucks sake the lag in this game with full green ping is just wrong, how can you play a twitch shooter when collisions are not client side, terrible :/ so many times I have fired first to have them turn and shoot me like I was stood there, MW2 never had this problem.

Makes me want to sell this and just buy MW2 second hand so I have my own copy instead of playing a friends, black ops started off well but the netcode is just no good.

Oh and spawns are so annoyingly shit that it ruins nearly every game mode.
Man, I agree with you. I don't understand how they managed to make it even worse than MW2 in regards to the netcode. The lag is so bad if you like to play at a fast pace like I do even though they tell me that my connection is just fine. I'd rather put up with danger close and commando than play with this kind of lag.

Neuromancer said:
So there's no Dragon Breath rounds in MP, huh? =(

Well no, but to clarify they let you have this underrbarrel flamethrower but its not as devastating as it sounds. You have to get up close and use it accuretly to kill quickly with it. You not gonna torch a group of people with it or anything.

Scalpel Knight said:
15z5stg.jpg

Skynet is trying to warn you.

VaLiancY

Wager matches are srs bsns people.

I'm sitting on 2nd place and I'm tailing behind 1st place by a kill and then boom a fucking Tomahawk gets casted down from God into my head."Bankrupt" I wanted to rage so badly.

Edit - I'm loving it more than HC S&D.

Xater

Scalpel Knight said:
http://i56.tinypic.com/15z5stg.jpg[IMG]
Game had a fucking [I]seizure.[/I] Goddamn.[/QUOTE]

That would have scared the shit out of me. :lol

They really need to patch the PS3 version.

@VaLiancY: For me my "favorite" wager moment happened during a sharpshooter game. I was totally in the money until the last weapon cycle, and then the game went int "LULZ rocket launchers for everyone"- mode. :lol

snack

VaLiancY said:
Wager matches are srs bsns people.

I'm sitting on 2nd place and I'm tailing behind 1st place by a kill and then boom a fucking Tomahawk gets casted down from God into my head."Bankrupt" I wanted to rage so badly.

Edit - I'm loving it more than HC S&D.
:lol

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Ballistik said:
I've got another video for you guys that shows what you all know already, bad spawns..
I was going to put a specific spot but there's bad spawns all throughout the game. Here's the worst one one though

That's nothing. Havana is by far the worst for spawn trapping.
If they get you, you will spawn in one corner of a map with basically only a choke point immediately after that.

NightBlade88 said:
The flamethrower is arguably the most garbage weapon in the game. Jesus can't kill shit with it.
I kill plenty with it. It goes perfect with my M14. Whenever I'm going in a building I always switch to it since the M14 isn't ideal for CQC. You just got to learn how to use it, lead, etc. I've gotten double kills in Search and have been put on the final kill cam torching them. :D

NYR

_Alkaline_ said:
Really?

I'm pumping it out of my 5.1 but most of the guns sound like pellets and the toink toink psshh of the grenades is weak.
Yeah, the sound in this game is horrid. I've never had to tweak my receiver in order to play a game in 5.1 or PL IIx in 7.1 without almost all of the sound coming out of the rear speakers. It is very terrible, I've gotten to the point where I play in Stereo rather then in Dolby Digital just so the sound is mostly out of the front and center speakers.

Animal

Banned
Scalpel Knight said:
15z5stg.jpg

For some reason the game has used the Menu font blob bitmap as texture for all the geometry that was visible to you. This is usually a very very bad sign that things aren't alright.

Possible causes are usually dangling pointers, memory corruption and/or bad management of resource indexes.

dLMN8R

The Dutch Slayer said:
update notes:

More coming and it does not fix all of the problems and not for everyone just so you know.
Does this mean that right-click joining works through Steam now? Woo!

WOW MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS HERE !!! :D

played 5 maps on 1 server after the update and man what a world of difference!

SOLID 100 FPS and no drop what so ever yet!
No lag spikes anymore and no weird drops.

Maybe I was just lucky maybe its just me but I'm having a blast again!

specs:
i7 920
6 gig ddr3
ati hd5850
win 7 64bit

RS4-

I've been getting some Halo like sticky nade moments here and there sadly, theater mode doesn't work for me unless it's a wager match.

Najaf

Went 31-0 on Villa in TDM using Galil with extended mags.

Ran with Hardline, Slight of Hand Pro, and Last stand Pro.

RCXD, Chopper Gun, and Dogs.

The game is great. Dogs paired with chopper gunner are amazing. I was running with Chopper gun and Gunship, but by the time the gunship finishes, the match is almost over. I don't call in the killstreaks until I die or unlock the last one for obvious reasons.

-viper-

Banned
I finally caved in and got the game for the PS3 (actually, I didn't buy it. Brother got it for a cheap price, otherwise I would have never have got it).

I haven't touched the SP yet but the MP is a lot better than I assumed. There is less emphasis on achieving killstreaks and more emphasis on gunplay and shooting people. Killing someone in Black Ops feels more satisfying than any other Call Of Duty game. Good to see that there is some recoil in the weapons too.

Split screen is an AWESOME inclusion although it can it fucking laggy when the action gets heavy.

Graphics look poor though. It's pretty clear that BO is rendered at sub HD. The fact it's rendered at 540p and unable to keep up 60FPS at all times is very disappointing.

And, why the fuck can't the guest account sign in a SECOND PSN ID? I hope they patch that in. They better patch that in. Sony's FW update allowed multiple accounts to be signed in per session and Resistance 2 supports multiple account signing, so there is no reason why Black Ops shouldn't.

Top Bottom