• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Twice in a row I tried to kill someone with the knife but they get me first and when it shows up on Killcam it doesn't even show me trying to knife him.

NinjaFridge said:
Twice in a row I tried to kill someone with the knife but they get me first and when it shows up on Killcam it doesn't even show me trying to knife him.
Stuff like that has been happening to me all night. Really makes me want to get rid of it.

Aggrotek

caliblue15 said:
the fire rate sucks though.
I've never had problems with it. I do get owned by the MP5 quite a bit, but I typically play longer range so it doesn't happen often.

Also, the classified sniper is awesome. Definitely glad I bought that.

Scalpel Knight said:
What the hell? So, I finished an online match (PS3) and left the lobby. Left the game running for a bit. Turned back, looked at my screen, and saw this:
(CRAZY IMAGE)
Game had a fucking seizure. Goddamn.
Yeah, this was so bad it required me to turn the PS3 off with the power switch on the back. I'm thinking of just shopping "CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS" onto this image because it perfectly represents the PS3 version right now.

kai3345

Banned
Which playlist is Nuketown most prevelent in? Everyone says they get it all the time, but I've yet to play it once. It seems like it would be fun for 2v2 or FFA

LegoDad

kai3345 said:
Which playlist is Nuketown most prevelent in? Everyone says they get it all the time, but I've yet to play it once. It seems like it would be fun for 2v2 or FFA

I get it alot in Team Deathmatch.

-Mikey-

NameGenerated said:
Late game help please.

What the hell am I supposed to do during the stealth part on Rebirth? I'm at the very beginning and at the corner where you overhear some guys talking in Russian and I get spotted every time, even when I'm right behind Reznov and in the shadows.

Knife him, ASAP.

LegoDad

LukeSmith said:
Currently using:
  • Hardline
  • Warlord
  • Ninja
Famas - Red Dot/Reflex, Extended Clip

Yep, that's what I have been using. Though I'm going to try all the Assault Rifles so I know what to unlock on my 2nd prestige.

th3dude

Today I fell in love with:

*Ghost
*Sleight of hand pro
*Marathon

With a silenced AK47u. It's absolutely deadly. No one can see you on the map and you can run and gun so easily.

NightBlade88 said:
The flamethrower is arguably the most garbage weapon in the game. Jesus can't kill shit with it.
I've been killed by it, even while I was shooting the guy running at me. Killcam didn't even show me firing at him.

Hardline Pro is just amazing. There is nothing more satisfying then going to an enemy care package that is ammo, re-rolling it, and picking up a gunship.

AnnHog

Trumpet909 said:
Hardline Pro is just amazing. There is nothing more satisfying then going to an enemy care package that is ammo, re-rolling it, and picking up a gunship.
You can reroll enemy care packages too? Wow I got to try that.

The one thing I really hate that they didn't decide to keep from MW2 was having Ghost hide you from aircraft, really stupid if you ask me. I loved being able to move while helicopters and harriers were up in MW2 while the rest of my team had to hide. Ugh, really kills the Ghost perk for me. :(

I almost can't believe how broken the pc version of this game is. Really unfair to those who preordered on steam(me). I guess I can't expect a game to run properly or even play on the same team as my friends.

LegoDad

Trumpet909 said:

I need to start sharing my care packages then, i think i need 10 to unlock pro.

Draft

jlevel13 said:
relax - it's just a fun little map - no different from rust or shipment
What I'm saying is that it IS different than Rust. Rush hid the spawns better, and Rust isn't hideous. It's like Rust's disabled brother.

spermatic cord said:
I almost can't believe how broken the pc version of this game is. Really unfair to those who preordered on steam(me). I guess I can't expect a game to run properly or even play on the same team as my friends.

With the latest patch it went from completely unplayable to just barely playable but still stutters at the worst times. I'm glad they're doing something about it. No party system on PC is bullshit though.

Akim

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
The one thing I really hate that they didn't decide to keep from MW2 was having Ghost hide you from aircraft, really stupid if you ask me. I loved being able to move while helicopters and harriers were up in MW2 while the rest of my team had to hide. Ugh, really kills the Ghost perk for me. :(

ghost pro?

KaYotiX

Banned
Love the M16 lol, almost done with the challenges for it then on to my baby the FAMAS, that is my bread and butter gun. Love 3 round burst wpns, unless I get in close quarters then I'm usually fucked by someone with a automatic gun.

knitoe

CrazedArabMan said:
You need the Pro version. Good luck destroying a sentry gun for one of req. After 10 hrs of trying, had to get sentry gun drop, let the other team steal it, follow him and destroy it after it was deploy.

LegoDad

KaYotiX said:
Love the M16 lol, almost done with the challenges for it then on to my baby the FAMAS, that is my bread and butter gun. Love 3 round burst wpns, unless I get in close quarters then I'm usually fucked by someone with a automatic gun.

Famas isn't 3 burst anymore.

BuddhaRockstar said:
With the latest patch it went from completely unplayable to just barely playable but still stutters at the worst times. I'm glad they're doing something about it. No party system on PC is bullshit though.
Yeah it should have WaW's excellent squad system at least. Total bullshit. I swear it prefers to split up friends as well. 2/3s the time we end up on separate teams.

Treyarch: PLEASE patch in the WaW squad system OR check and stick Steam friends on the same team. If you are afraid of clan pubstomping, only put pairs of friends on the same team! (Eg 2 friends on one team, the other two on the other) Or something!

knitoe said:
You need the Pro version. Good luck destroying a sentry gun for one of req. After 10 hrs of trying, had to get sentry gun drop, let the other team steal it, follow him and destroy it after it was deploy.

Ok, I didn't know it had to be pro, I just thought you had your name and red crosshairs taken away from the enemy, thanks.

KaYotiX said:

caliblue15 said:
Famas isn't 3 burst anymore.

gun_fail.gif

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
knitoe said:

Speaking of which, is there any way to boost this?
I had well over a 100 hours in MW2 & doubt I destroyed more than 3 or 4 Sentry guns in total.

Can this be done in private matches or whatnot.

FTWer said:
I had well over a 100 hours in MW2 & doubt I destroyed more than 3 or 4 Sentry guns in total.

I've logged 12 hours of TDM and I've seen maybe one sentry gun.

FTWer said:

Speaking of which since he was replying to me, I just remembered that I did already destroy a sentry gun with my knife :D do you have to have ghost equipped when you do it though or not?

knitoe

CrazedArabMan said:
Speaking of which since he was replying to me, I just remembered that I did already destroy a sentry gun with my knife :D do you have to have ghost equipped when you do it though or not?
Pretty sure, perk needs to be equip to count. To be sure, just highlight ghost perk and click more info, X button on X360. It will show what you still need for the Pro version.

FTWer said:

I had to hire two of my friends to help me out. Had them all get the sentry gun care package along with me, then we would just toss them near the enemy and hope they picked it up before our other team mates did.

knitoe said:
Pretty sure, perk needs to be equip to count. To be sure, just highlight ghost perk and click more info, X button on X360. It will show what you still need for the Pro version.

Yeah, I'll check all that here in a little bit then.

mikeGFG

Banned
Y2Kev said:
The Vietnam levels suck. The curse remains unbroken.

really? I loved the Vietnam levels. flamethrowers, foxholes, secret tunnels and lots of mud; I felt Treyarch nailed it.

What didnt you like about it? im curious.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Mike G.E.D. said:
really? I loved the Vietnam levels. flamethrowers, foxholes, secret tunnels and lots of mud; I felt Treyarch nailed it.

What didnt you like about it? im curious.
I thought the checkpoints were uneven and the mission directives became very confusing.

jlevel13

PC patch seems to have pretty much fixed the multiplayer jitter / lag or whatever it was, thank God. That was a lot faster than I imagined a solution would arrive.

Top Bottom