• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

paskowitz

I do not know what other people are experiencing but about 80% of my match have terrible lag. When I watch the kill cam its as if I did even shoot the other person, even though I fired 1/4-1/2 a clip. (BTW PS3 version)

Vahn just confirmed on his Twitter that the voting system is being changed in a future update to remove the map you just played from the choices.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Vahn just confirmed on his Twitter that the voting system was being changed in a future update to remove the map you just played from the choices.
fuck that's awesome news. One of my biggest complaints is playing the same damn maps in search and destroy over and over. I think I've seen 3 of the 14 maps about 400 times and the rest once each.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
* 11/10
* - Users’ rank and stats can get wiped under very specific conditions

11/11
* - Online number counts were not updating properly; these are now reporting exact online numbers
* - Parties getting disbanded when host did not find a match quickly

IN PROGRESS

* - Improved matchmaking to find matches faster
* - Improved match and host selection; will result in much better networking conditions for all games (a.k.a., decreased lag)
* - Weekly and Monthly leaderboards stats reporting incorrectly for kills, deaths and assists (All Time leaderboard not affected by this)
* - Additional improvements to party system

Regards,
-JD

PS3 ver, old?

mjc

I'm enjoying this much more than MW2 so far. The only MP map I really don't like atm is Nuketown. Mostly because the spawns are broken.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Vahn just confirmed on his Twitter that the voting system is being changed in a future update to remove the map you just played from the choices.

Good to hear.

I'd also like them to fix the thing where when you are in a party and they start looking for a game but you can't actually see that is what they are doing so you just think they are sitting there.

Of course that should probably come after all the other broken things about matchmaking including losing your party which happens a shitload currently.

Najaf

Alienshogun said:
Guess I'm one of the few people who keep going back to the Einfeld and the M14.

Both are great. I picked up an M14 with reflex site on Nuketown when my Galil ran out and was impressed. I still have not bought it. It is so hard to leave my Galil and its perfect balance of power, rate of fire, kick and iron sites. It is so good. I ran with it for 3 hours without putting an attachment on it. I just did not see the need for one. Finally I threw on extended mags just for kicks. It is a beast.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-Pyromaniac- said:
The FAL is a superior M14.

What's better about it? I don't have it unlocked yet.

Edit: Also the fact that rendering videos is free, and auto upload to youtube is awesome. Why didn't Bungie do this?!?

X26

Banned
paskowitz said:
I do not know what other people are experiencing but about 80% of my match have terrible lag. When I watch the kill cam its as if I did even shoot the other person, even though I fired 1/4-1/2 a clip. (BTW PS3 version)

it was pretty bad for me too tonight, people warping everywhere, stuttering, etc (360 version)

Alienshogun said:
What's better about it? I don't have it unlocked yet.

Edit: Also the fact that rendering videos is free, and auto upload to youtube is awesome. Why didn't Bungie do this?!?
It does more damage, is more accurate, has more range. I think it just about outclasses it in every category. At least that's what I noticed when I unlocked it, after having been a fan of the M14 in COD4.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Omiee said:
iv not used steam for black ops.
any where i can download it.

You can't not use Steam if you're playing a legit copy. If you're not that's your own problem, fix it yourself.

Stoney Mason said:
I like some of them but I prefer the maps of MW 2. They felt more balanced for more weapon types.

A lot of these maps are so tight and clustered and full of stuff that it really encourages everybody to be an SMG player so you can react quickly and pump out bullets. It feels like you get punished on a lot of maps if you break out of that mold. (I'm not saying every map is that way but a lot of them feel that way imo) And the sniper nerfing doesn't help. You use to have support on your team with a few snipers to clear away people but I'm not seeing that happpen alot. I almost never get killed by snipers which is a sign that something is off. Every game is going to be balanced differently but right now I'd like to see distance combat buffed a bit in a few ways.

That's how I feel as well. It feels like they designed the game for pure run and gun.

MechDX

Had this game sitting in its Amazon box since launch day. Finally got home from work tonight to play and wouldnt ya know....damn RROD. This is my 4th 360. fuck

so tonight i was in the midst of unloading a clip with my aug and the gun just stopped shooting...it just fucking froze on me.....i have never seen that in a COD game.. needless to say i died.... the lag blows big time.

Kusagari

Is the campaign glitched? I'm on the first mission and have failed 20 times when this tank comes out getting "Your actions have caused your team to be killed."

What the fuck is this?

Najaf

Kusagari said:
Is the campaign glitched? I'm on the first mission and have failed 20 times when this tank comes out getting "Your actions have caused your team to be killed."

What the fuck is this?

Don't shoot the tank with the RPG. Just run out toward the road and it will take care of itself. I just followed the bearded guy out to the main road and then friendlies came.

Kusagari

Najaf said:
Don't shoot the tank with the RPG. Just run out toward the road and it will take care of itself. I just followed the bearded guy out to the main road and then friendlies came.

I am. It says mission failed when I do that too.

Man, playing on the hardest difficulty is pretty much insanity.

It took me probably an hour to get through what would amount to five or ten minutes of easy or normal gameplay. yeesh.

Accidentus

Neo Member
blindrocket said:
Man, playing on the hardest difficulty is pretty much insanity.

It took me probably an hour to get through what would amount to five or ten minutes of easy or normal gameplay. yeesh.
Veteran difficulty is a kick in the balls with every CoD. I wouldn't recommend it if you want to actually have fun with the game.

paskowitz said:

PS3 version has actually been extreeemely smooth for me...

Scarecrow

Just finished the story. I half suspected you'd get to play out what they infer from that last cutscene. Would that have gone too far?

VariantX

has anyone had this glitch during campaign where suddenly there's a guy who you nor the npc's on your team are able to kill?

I was in one of the missions in the later half of the game and suddenly my bullets would go right through this guy and then he kills me. I start over in that same section and the bug is still active and he kills me again. Eventually, I run around with him chasing me in circles until i run out the door, run back in just to buy me enough time to get to the next section of the game without getting shot up.

I have the 360 version of the game just to be clear.

Ferny

The party system needs to get fixed ASAP. I was with three other friends and we kept getting kicked out the lobby when joining a game or not getting into one at all. An issue not just in this CoD either.

ZZMitch

VariantX said:
has anyone had this glitch during campaign where suddenly there's a guy who you nor the npc's on your team are able to kill a enemy soldier on the 360 ver?

I was in one of the missions in the later half of the game and suddenly my bullets would go right through this guy and then he kills me. I start over in that same section and the bug is still active and he kills me again. Eventually I run around with him chasing me in circles until i run out the door, run back in just to buy me enough time to get to the next section of the game without getting shot up.

I never got that glitch on the PC version, and I bet it was annoying, but it sounds funny reading it! :lol

Animal

Banned
VariantX said:
has anyone had this glitch during campaign where suddenly there's a guy who you nor the npc's on your team are able to kill?

I was in one of the missions in the later half of the game and suddenly my bullets would go right through this guy and then he kills me. I start over in that same section and the bug is still active and he kills me again. Eventually, I run around with him chasing me in circles until i run out the door, run back in just to buy me enough time to get to the next section of the game without getting shot up.

I have the 360 version of the game just to be clear.

I've encountered a similar but not identical glitch towards the very end of the campaign in
Steiner's lab full of monkey cages as you walk in for the second time as Hudson after the big fight outside in a pressurized suit.
There was an enemy in opposite rooms just floating in the air with their hands and legs spread out like the famous DaVinci drawing. Completely motionless and not reacting to any bullets or anything. They we're just like the props around them. I ignored it and kept going because I was itching to conclude the campaign :lol

BTW I'm playing on 360.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Alright idiotic question incoming (you have been warned):

When do I show up on enemy radar? Is it when I sprint as well as shoot? I know when the UAV (or whatever it is called is up, unless I have Ghost). But what about if I have the Ninja perk?

I've put a good amount of time into the multiplayer, and I'm really liking it. I think the maps are well-designed. I'd like a few that would favor sniping/long-range combat, but I think things favor run-and-gun even more when people are trying to learn the layout.

Treyarch did a great job of toning down a lot of the overpowered stuff from MW2. I also like how the attack chopper is much less powerful. I've had no problems with the RC-XD, diving to prone, dogs, or any perks or killstreaks. I'm playing on Wii, so there's no chopper gunner though.

Spawns have screwed me a few times, but not more than CoD4. The biggest problem (with Wii at least) is that there are a few bugs that require you to reenter your profile or control info in order to play online correctly. Also, there's lag, but I'm willing to give that time. After all, the footsteps sound issue was fixed.

The biggest negative to me about the game is the unlocking structure. The Pros aren't as difficult as I thought, but I find myself playing in ways I'd prefer not to in order to farm for them. It's just annoying, as is the fact that you have to unlock EVERYTHING. But that's Activision's way of making sure people don't trade back in the game, I suppose. The constant carrot on a stick. Hopefully other publishers don't follow suit for other competitive games or we'll be unlocking Hadoukens.

Those complaints aside, I'm pleasantly surprised by the balance of the game thus far. I'm hoping things slow down a little, but my experience has been positive so I'm willing to give Treyarch the benefit of the doubt.

Najaf

xxracerxx said:
Alright idiotic question incoming (you have been warned):

When do I show up on enemy radar? Is it when I sprint as well as shoot? I know when the UAV (or whatever it is called is up, unless I have Ghost). But what about if I have the Ninja perk?

Just shooting unless there is a UAV or SR71 up or you have a suppressor equipped.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Najaf said:
Just shooting unless there is a UAV or SR71 up or you have a suppressor equipped.
Perfect, thanks for letting me know. For some reason I always thought that sprinting made me show up on radar.

VariantX

Wow, at the floating guy bug. I was hoping the worst id see is floating apples lol. Hope my bug dosent happen again in a future play through where its required that i kill all the enemies in order to advance. Would be frustrating on a higher difficulty level to know youd have to restart the entire mission from scratch.

geebee

Banned
Buggy single player... man. It's mostly graphics related, but in a few hours I noticed an NPC walking through a wall, a gun suddenly disappearing from a character's hands at the end of a level, a soldier's surrender animation suddenly stopping which caused the character model to stay frozen, and some ragdoll physics issues in a vehicle section. One time I exited back to the main menu and the loading screen turned into some checkerboard.

For a game so hyped, it's both funny and disappointing. Then again they probably wanted this out right before the holidays.

Weenerz

Banned
I've been trying to take a break from MP so I don't get burned out. I know I'll probably stop cold turkey when Cataclysm comes out December 7th, but I am having too much fun to burn out this early. Feels like leveling is quite a bit faster than CoD4/MW2, already lvl26 and it's only been about 6 hours.

Kind of regretting picking this up on PC instead of 360. Most of my friends are on 360 and the community is a lot larger. Maybe I will ask for 360 version for xmas.

Top Bottom