• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

corkscrewblow said:
So how do you upload to YT? I just see the option to render and that's it.

Your clip has to be 30 seconds or less, and then you have to link your Youtube account to your profile on CallofDuty.com

TheExodu5

Banned
jlevel13 said:
PC patch seems to have pretty much fixed the multiplayer jitter / lag or whatever it was, thank God. That was a lot faster than I imagined a solution would arrive.

Too bad performance still kind of blows.

VaLiancY

How you guys liking the Smgs? Mp5 fits me like a glove and the 74u isn't like it's cod4 but it's still a beast of a gun. I might try the Mac tomorrow with extended mags.

VaLiancY said:
How you guys liking the Smgs? Mp5 fits me like a glove and the 74u isn't like it's cod4 but it's still a beast of a gun. I might try the Mac tomorrow with extended mags.

I love the Scorpion. Has great range, but even with the extended clip it's not quite a COD4 P90.

snack

PC performance seems to be much better after the last patch. I still get some micro stuttering issues but definayely not as bad before.

oh Jungle :lol, that and the rocket base that launches during a match are the biggest camping levels i played.

really funny to hear after a game "why the fuck do you keep blowing up our spy planes and helicopters" :lol

i've been using the ak-47u a lot, love that gun.

kyo_daikun said:
Why can't you save the emblems you make yourself?

Should be able to save like 5 unique ones so you dont have to remake them everytime
And why can't you make emblems at all, in Combat Training? =(

I can't think of a single reason why they don't let you.

Raiden

Banned
Oh man i really love this game right now, and think im pretty good at it (K/D 1.63). Got a couple of chopper-gunner games, and you totally shred the game in there.

I do not like Havana and Hanoi though.

ScrubJay

Unlocked the AKS-74u last night. The gun is a right beast, it has great irons and is pretty accurate. I can see myself using this alot.

I had the misfortune of playing Nuketown 3 times in a row twice last night. Who thought this was a good map? It's just a clusterfuck of backyard brawls.

Animal

Banned
ScrubJay said:
Unlocked the AKS-74u last night. The gun is a right beast, it has great irons and is pretty accurate. I can see myself using this alot.

I had the misfortune of playing Nuketown 3 times in a row twice last night. Who thought this was a good map? It's just a clusterfuck of backyard brawls.

Add increase fire rate as a perk and you'll be cutting people down like there is no tomorrow.

VaLiancY

friskykillface said:
oh Jungle :lol, that and the rocket base that launches during a match are the biggest camping levels i played.

really funny to hear after a game "why the fuck do you keep blowing up our spy planes and helicopters" :lol

i've been using the ak-47u a lot, love that gun.
Ive come to terms that no matter what people are going to camp. It's why I carry two nova gas and tactical mask on my tdm and objective classes. That gas is a serious bitch :lol

Loxley

The patch did improve my performance, it's still sub-30 FPS though on medium settings (which is up from 15 FPS on low settings :p) but I guess for the time being it's better than nothing.

Side note: I forgot just how many drop-shotting losers there are on the PC :lol Literally ever other 1v1 encounter I have, the guy drop shots. I just anticipate it now so I just immediately aim for people's knees and catch their heads on their way down.

KiKaL

Surprised to say, I bought this game last night on an impulse after saying I wouldn't (Damn you Steam) and after initially regretting it immediately. While playing it I just thought how I could be playing MAG. Surprisingly it did run fine on my machine so that wasn't a reason. Hopped on again today and actually enjoyed it quite a bit. I definitely like it a lot better then MW2.

Where im at now the story is REALLY interesting.

This game scares the hell out of me plot wise, I feel like im being brainwashed, ive just had an epic 2 hour session and Just figured out what the numbers mean, yet I kind of dont, somehow they were the name of the ship? Im sure I heard the ship name early on anyway, besides why the hell would they implant that knowledge into Mason?

Dont spoil it if like im still to find out, im currently assualting a ship in a helicopter, but its been too many hours of gameplay and I need a break- right now all I can hear in my head is 22 46 16 8 24. :lol

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Loxley said:
Side note: I forgot just how many drop-shotting losers there are on the PC :lol Literally ever other 1v1 encounter I have, the guy drop shots. I just anticipate it now so I just immediately aim for people's knees and catch their heads on their way down.

I can't believe there isn't an accuracy penalty for a couple of seconds when you dive prone, I mean DICE figured that shit out years ago.

I finally unlocked hardcore mode tonight and played my favorite gametype, Search and Destroy.

After playing several rounds of hardcore S&D I never got any fun out of it like I did back in CoD4.

Wayyyy too much running and gunning for my tastes. Objectives were basically ignored.

I hope that this is just because everyone is coming off of playing a couple of days of straight deathmatch and it balances out soon.

I miss the simplicity of earlier CoD titles (CoD4 and earlier).

blindrocket said:
I finally unlocked hardcore mode tonight and played my favorite gametype, Search and Destroy.

After playing several rounds of hardcore S&D I never got any fun out of it like I did back in CoD4.

Wayyyy too much running and gunning for my tastes. Objectives were basically ignored.

I hope that this is just because everyone is coming off of playing a couple of days of straight deathmatch and it balances out soon.

I miss the simplicity of earlier CoD titles (CoD4 and earlier).

A lot of it is probably just because not everyone knows the maps yet.

Enjoying the game so far. A lot of stuff to like. Too much to mention so I won't even bother.

I will say the matchmaking though needs a lot of work. Especially with parties. It's kinda broken right now.

And they have over-nerfed sniping. I was a never a quickscoper or anything but based on the tight designs of the map and that random action when you scope in, its too much. They need to reverse a few things on that front.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
ScrubJay said:

its fun with a small group, it just has to be FFA.

I'm gonna talk to some people, that shit needs to get OUT of team DM

Gary Whitta said:
He seems to have no interest at all in actually capturing the points :lol

I don't know why Treyarch didn't address this. It really hampers the enjoyment of the objective game modes. I remember thinking after CoD4 that they would surely change the way XP was dished out in objective game modes to cut down on people treating it as deathmatch, but here we are 3 games later and it's EXACTLY the same.

Really disappointing, because Domination can be so much fun when people actually care about capturing the points.

g35twinturbo said:

People vote for it way too much. I don't mind it occasionally but its kinda like SWAT in reach. Democracy can be a bad thing.

CartridgeBlower said:
I don't know why Treyarch didn't address this. It really hampers the enjoyment of the objective game modes. I remember thinking after CoD4 that they would surely change the way XP was dished out in objective game modes to cut down on people treating it as deathmatch, but here we are 3 games later and it's EXACTLY the same.

Agreed. I'm never impressed with people who post these great games in Domination. It's easy to rack up kills in any objective mode if you don't actually play objectively. It's why I prefer head quarters. At least the very direct goal in that mode is still killing people.

g35twinturbo said:
its fun with a small group, it just has to be FFA.

Just get rid of the vote for previous map option, or cap it at 2-3 times in a row or something.

Stoney Mason said:
People vote for it way too much. I don't mind it occasionally but its kinda like SWAT in reach. Democracy can be a bad thing.

Exactly like the SWAT situation from a couple months ago. I was thinking that the other day.

bobs99 ... said:
Where im at now the story is REALLY interesting.

This game scares the hell out of me plot wise, I feel like im being brainwashed, ive just had an epic 2 hour session and Just figured out what the numbers mean, yet I kind of dont, somehow they were the name of the ship? Im sure I heard the ship name early on anyway, besides why the hell would they implant that knowledge into Mason?

Dont spoil it if like im still to find out, im currently assualting a ship in a helicopter, but its been too many hours of gameplay and I need a break- right now all I can hear in my head is 22 46 16 8 24. :lol

I know... it's so awesome. I loved the story mode in this. Very intriguing stuff.

I saw the Reznov being imaginary coming, but not the Russian brainwashing stuff. MK-Ultra, brainwashing, Cold War paranoia, this is all such interesting stuff that isn't done that often in games. I hope there'll be a sequel to this. There are some hints apparently to one, but seriously, I want to see a continuation of this.

TheExodu5

Banned
Honestly, the map design is pretty atrocious. There's no sense of focus to the maps whatsoever. Whatever happened to the idea of a good old chokepoint?

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
is it just me or is PC theatre mode fucked? It doesn't have any of my recent games?

Najaf

AnEternalEnigma said:

His teammates sounded like they were ready to perform sexual favors. Yes, two chopper gunners and a pack of dogs turn out lots of kills. Yes, Sandy is good. No doubt about it.

He also was playing 4v4 domination which made for less of a chance to get shot in the back. His teammates were primarily capturing the points, leaving him free to murder the other team who was trying to do the same.

It was a good match for sure. But playing on a large map with only four opponents, who are focused on objectives, makes attaining high killstreak rewards pretty easy for above average players.

I'm not talking it up to be nothing. It was an entertaining and well played match. Bravo.

TheExodu5 said:
Honestly, the map design is pretty atrocious. There's no sense of focus to the maps whatsoever. Whatever happened to the idea of a good old chokepoint?

I like some of them but I prefer the maps of MW 2. They felt more balanced for more weapon types.

A lot of these maps are so tight and clustered and full of stuff that it really encourages everybody to be an SMG player so you can react quickly and pump out bullets. It feels like you get punished on a lot of maps if you break out of that mold. (I'm not saying every map is that way but a lot of them feel that way imo) And the sniper nerfing doesn't help. You use to have support on your team with a few snipers to clear away people but I'm not seeing that happpen alot. I almost never get killed by snipers which is a sign that something is off. Every game is going to be balanced differently but right now I'd like to see distance combat buffed a bit in a few ways.

Gary Whitta said:
He seems to have no interest at all in actually capturing the points :lol

His team has 2 the majority of the game (not really smart to get 3), they were up in territory points the whole time. He was playing the objectives like he should.

Even at a point where they only had 1 territory it was almost more important for him to get the 9th and then 11th kill (to get the gunner and dogs) then worry about getting back the 2nd one. Since they were already up in points anyway. He was playing smart.

A real tip is that in objectives it doesn't matter if you win by 100 territory points or 1 5 flag caps or 1 flag cap, so sometimes its better to let them have a few seconds of them. For example you'll see this in Halo CTF when the other team basically has the flag capped sometimes its better to stop rushing out and trying to stop it and just set up your side's control again. Onslaught CTF prime example.

TheExodu5

Banned
Stoney Mason said:
I like some of them but I prefer the maps of MW 2. They felt more balanced for more weapon types.

A lot of these maps are so tight and clustered and full of stuff that it really encourages everybody to be an SMG player so you can react quickly and pump out bullets. It feels like you get punished on a lot of maps if you break out of that mold. (I'm not saying every map is that way but a lot of them feel that way imo) And the sniper nerfing doesn't help. You use to have support on your team with a few snipers to clear away people but I'm not seeing that happpen alot. I almost never get killed by snipers which is a sign that something is off. Every game is going to be balanced differently but right now I'd like to see distance combat buffed a bit in a few ways.

I thought the CoD4 maps were decent, aside from sniper fests like Block. Maps like Crash were simple, but had a clear focus, and offered situations where all weapon types had a chance to shine.

Stoney Mason said:

Agreed. I'm never impressed with people who post these great games in Domination. It's easy to rack up kills in any objective mode if you don't actually play objectively. It's why I prefer head quarters. At least the very direct goal in that mode is still killing people.

Headquarters is no better dude.

Search is the only objective game where kills mean something. Sure, getting kills and killstreaks will prevent the opposition from capturing, but if everyone on your team is just going for kills (which is more often than not the case) then it means nothing.

That said, the video is still rather impressive. His awareness is sublime.

What are the class setups and guns that people are finding useful?

I always find it useful to ask this question whenever a new COD comes out as it gets me to experiment with other setups and guns .

_Alkaline_ said:
Search is the only objective game where kills mean something.

Oh I love S&D so yeah I completely agree.

The funny thing though is I'm not going to play that mode until I get really familar with the maps via the other modes.

Dammit, I had no idea the prestige edition came with an RC car with a fucking spy cam and lcd monitor. Goddamn, I would have bought the shit out of that.:lol

Top Bottom