• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Barebones pure is awesome.

team deathmatch
no attachments
no killstreaks
no perks
no equipment

radar is still up but you'll only see opponents when they fire (and they have no way of suppressing it)

Animal

Banned
Beer Monkey said:
Barebones pure is awesome.

team deathmatch
no attachments
no killstreaks
no perks
no equipment

radar is still up but you'll only see opponents when they fire (and they have no way of suppressing it)

Ya its really awesome. I would actually like if they didn't show up as dots but rather an area of probable origin. This would make it closer to locating by ear.

RJNavarrete said:
OK, I'm having trouble with theater. Where the hell do I find my VIP code to link my 360 account to the CoD website?

VIP code? I'm not sure, I had an old old account, but I had to re-register with a whole new email and password to get my old one to work. Confused the hell out of me, my old login and stuff actually works.

Salsa

The_Inquisitor said:
Kind of regretting picking this up on PC instead of 360. Most of my friends are on 360 and the community is a lot larger. Maybe I will ask for 360 version for xmas.

pretty sure that will change when they fix the multiplayer PC issues

VaLiancY

careful said:
I think M14 kicks vertically, while FAL has horizontal recoil.
M14 also has the neck multiplier.
The irons are great(gamers have been looking down them for years now:lol) so I tend to take the grip with it and bring the pain.

dwebo

Whoever it was at Treyarch that received playtester reports saying push back the NVA might be a bit too hard on veteran and instead decided, "nah, let's keep it like that," needs to be smacked in the face.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
RJNavarrete said:
Am I gonna have to find a copy of WaW just to get a VIP code?! :lol

What? I'm on PS3 and it just asked me to login to my PSN account to link to the Theater mode.

Salsa

Beer Monkey said:
You are pretty sure that most of his friends playing on 360 will switch to PC?

Yeah that wasnt really clear, i was refering to the fact that the community probably isnt as big because of the MP performance issues.

DoomGyver

Just finished it on Veteran. I will never play a CoD campaign again. Cheap shit all around, you'd think after x amount of CoDs they'd learn to program AI that wasn't cheap but challenging at the same time. Or you know, make it obvious as to what we're supposed to be doing.

And the infinitely respawning enemies, I thought people bitched about it enough to the point where they would eliminate it completely, guess Treyarch doesn't care.

Animal

Banned
RJNavarrete said:
Am I gonna have to find a copy of WaW just to get a VIP code?! :lol

I had the same problem. They copypasta the FAQ from WaW or something and the links as well :lol

Click on the "Theatre Beta" button at on the top menu bar and it will walk you through the process of linking your account.

SalsaShark said:
Yeah that wasnt really clear, i was refering to the fact that the community probably isnt as big because of the MP performance issues.

I don't think a CoD game post-CoD2 has ever have as big of a community on PC as 360.

unomas

Banned
Picked this up with the get a year of live for $30 when buying Black Ops. Beat the last 3 COD games on Veteran and this will be no different from what I can see, I'm through the first two levels and will start the multiplayer when I'm done with the campaign. So far the campaign is good, and as mentioned by others the campaign has a decent story this time that so far I'm actually interested in. It will be interesting to see how it all turns out.

A friend and I were trying to link our respective gamertags to the theater website to upload videos but somehow in the process my tag got linked to her CoD website account and now I can't link mine to my account because it's already linked to hers. Any ideas?

The M.O.B

So Zombie mode is farked too on PC.

If you want to play it online, somebody has to host it themselves, which usually results in the host having a ping of 50 and everybody else having a ping of 300+

For the past 3 days, I have had not one smooth game or a good ping.

Also, the dogs are just cheap.

SpacLock

I'm a click away from ordering this off of Amazon, but I need a little push. The only reason I am considering this is because everyone on my friends list has moved from Halo Reach to Call of Duty, like overnight.

Now I absolutely dread Treyarch's past CoDs and I think they're a sub par Developer when put next to Infinity Ward (or what used to be IW), so I'm wondering just how much better this is compared to their last efforts. The reviews seem to say that this is their (treyarch) best one, and it seems like it's actually on the same level as MW and MW2, but I'd rather hear that from GAF just to be sure.

One of my main concerns is about the netcode and if there tends to be a lot of lag when playing (360 version) because when skimming through this thread there seemed to be talk of lag here and there. I've also come across a couple of posts from people complaining about party disconnection and etc.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

quick first reactions:

+killstreaks don't count toward more killstreaks
+less noob toobs since scavenger doesn't resupply
+contracts
+RC car bomb
+M14
+Tomahwak

-Nuketown
-Grenades detonation time (my dumbass needs to learn to cook them)
-SAM turret
-getting owned by everyone with a Galil
-my skills

yeah, this will be the only game I play for a while

Kind of not feeling mp. Seems WAY more random when too people turn a corner and fire. I'm literally putting bullets into people but seemingly dropping the second they fire a single bullet. It's like a coin flip.

Maybe the Einfeld just sucks. Going to switch it up.

_Bro

Banned
SpacLock said:
I'm a click away from ordering this off of Amazon, but I need a little push. The only reason I am considering this is because everyone on my friends list has moved from Halo Reach to Call of Duty, like overnight.

Now I absolutely dread Treyarch's past CoDs and I think they're a sub par Developer when put next to Infinity Ward (or what used to be IW), so I'm wondering just how much better this is compared to their last efforts. The reviews seem to say that this is their (treyarch) best one, and it seems like it's actually on the same level as MW and MW2, but I'd rather hear that from GAF just to be sure.

One of my main concerns is about the netcode and if there tends to be a lot of lag when playing (360 version) because when skimming through this thread there seemed to be talk of lag here and there. I've also come across a couple of posts from people complaining about party disconnection and etc.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
The lag is just as bad as it is with every online Xbox game.

Black Ops multiplayer is much better than the Modern Warfare ones. The maps have way better design (something Treyarch has been doing better than Infinity Ward since day 1). Trust me, this is bomb.com.

When I first got MW2 I was very "eh, this is the next game?" With Black Ops I'm actually excited to play. I think it has something to do with the balance tweaks, loss of HELICOPTER INBOUND, and design.

Seriously, the multiplayer map design is phenomenal. The spawns could really use some work but S&D is unbothered by this. The layout of the snow maps is the best of this generation.

Anyone else experiencing issues with the mp on live? I keep getting a "black ops severs are currently down" message but I see a bunch of my friends online playing the game.

SpacLock

_Bro said:
The lag is just as bad as it is with every online Xbox game.

Black Ops multiplayer is much better than the Modern Warfare ones. The maps have way better design (something Treyarch has been doing better than Infinity Ward since day 1). Trust me, this is bomb.com.

When I first got MW2 I was very "eh, this is the next game?" With Black Ops I'm actually excited to play. I think it has something to do with the balance tweaks, loss of HELICOPTER INBOUND, and design.

Seriously, the multiplayer map design is phenomenal. The spawns could really use some work but S&D is unbothered by this. The layout of the snow maps is the best of this generation.

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know of a reliable site that accepts Paypal? I have some money in my account that I'd like to use to purchase this. I didn't know Amazon doesn't take Paypal. Has it always been that way?

G-Fex

I did the coolest ballistic knife kill ever.

it was on nuketown and I action dived through the open door of the train car to the other side lawn, I guess I slid or something cause I shot a guy mid-air before landing finally on the lawn.

Tried the game on veteran, hardened and normal yesterday. The differnce is staggering.

If you want to enjoy the game and not get frustrated, play on normal. If you want a realchallenge, play on hardened. If you want something really really frustrating and unfair in every way, play veteran. This is not the veteran from MW2 (that would be hardened).

Mik2121

Man, what's up with everybody playin Domination and other modes like they were TDM? Seriously, there is already a TDM playlist, go there and play if you just wanna kill...

Mik2121 said:
Man, what's up with everybody playin Domination and other modes like they were TDM? Seriously, there is already a TDM playlist, go there and play if you just wanna kill...

This has always been an issue. Same with Headquarters. Same with Sabotage. Same with CTF.

Mik2121 said:

I thought I was the only one that thought this way. For the love of god when your team is losing 150 to 10 in domination stop running around killing people.

It seems like the guns you start with in MP, more than the past few games, are terribly underpowered compared to the later guns. The Enfield is the worst thing ever. Getting owned by people with the Famas, Aug, and Galil. Ugh.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
_Alkaline_ said:
This has always been an issue. Same with Headquarters. Same with Sabotage. Same with CTF.

I don't know how it is on consoles but I haven't noticed people on PC playing it like TDM. May be it's in my limited experience though.

CartridgeBlower said:
It seems like the guns you start with in MP, more than the past few games, are terribly underpowered compared to the later guns. The Enfield is the worst thing ever.

I've found this too. With the exception of the MP5K & HK-21, the beginner guns are pretty shit compared to the likes of the FAMAS, Galil and AK74u.

Just got stuck on a Domination match where a party of five was somehow allowed to be placed on a team that only had two people left. Even worse, the game refused to find us teammates for the rest of the game.

So yeah, we got fucked in the face 7-on-4. On Nuketown.

This bullshit has happened on every game since CoD4. Neither Infinity Ward nor Treyarch has proven capable of fixing it.

Time for a new fucking engine please.

Max

I am not Max
CartridgeBlower said:
It seems like the guns you start with in MP, more than the past few games, are terribly underpowered compared to the later guns. The Enfield is the worst thing ever. Getting owned by people with the Famas, Aug, and Gallio. Ugh.
Isn't that the point, to rank up and get better equipment? Still I get good ratios with the beginning weapons

Top Bottom