• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

snap0212

cameltoe said:
Break the layers down for us...

Layer 1 triangle, 2 triangle etc...

thanks man
How to make the GAF-Logo:

Layer 1: Circle Color: White

Layer 2: The grin-thingy Color: bright(er) orange

Layer 3: The grin-thingy Color: dark(er) grey

Layer 4: Triangle Color: Orange

Layer 5: Triangle Color: Orange

Layer 6: Triangle Color: Grey

Layer 7: Triangle Color: Grey

Layer 8: Square Color: White (your background, the "n")

If you only have six layers, just skip layer 2 and layer 3.

backflip10019 said:
Well I mean with the hitboxes/lag as they are, body shots haven't really killed that often for me. Headshots, yes, but with anywhere else it seems like I have to pump at least 2 into them to take them down.

hmm, I'll check it out later haven't even picked up a sniper in this yet and I'm like 40 or 41. So I'll just hope my connection is good for that game. :D

knitoe said:
My opinion is slowing turning. At first, yes, no more BS deaths like MW2. Now, jump guy from behind, put 3-5 bullets into him and he either turns around kills me or disappear around a corner. Makes me want to throw my controller. Happens way too often. Lag netcode sucks in this game. Put in MW2 and drops guy 99% of the time.

Yeah this is my experience as well. Unfortunately.

knitoe said:
My opinion is slowing turning. At first, yes, no more BS deaths like MW2. Now, jump guy from behind, put 3-5 bullets into him and he either turns around kills me or disappear around a corner. Makes me want to throw my controller. Happens way too often. Lag netcode sucks in this game. Put in MW2 and drops guy 99% of the time.

Yup sounds the same as what I get 99% of the time.

Managed a 30-2 game on firing range last night in TDM. Managed to get a chopper gunner and raped. Probably the best killstreak in the game imo if you can manage to get that high. Also managed a 22-0 game on Hanoi (chopper gunner again) on wednesday. :D

BTW I noticed that sometimes not all of your recent games show up. I had an awesome ballistic knife kill on Grid yesterday, and the game never appeared in my list, but earlier and later games did. Makes no sense.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Well who doesn't love getting shot around corners and 10ft knife lunges?

JB1981

dope4goldrope said:
What'd I'd like to know is why when I explicitly tell the search "Locale Only" I often end up in games where the players are in completely different countries. The matchmaking is busted, it's not pairing together players properly. I'd say this is where most of the lag is coming from, just being placed with the wrong set of people.

This x a million!

MDavis360 said:
Yeah this is my experience as well. Unfortunately.

I think I could love this game and I still find enjoyment with it, but that feeling is slowly being tempered by the lag and by the community. I can't compete with the kiddies that have to hide in every corner. Combine this with lag and this metagame of hide-and-seek can be very unfun. It's tiring when you put in so much work to get kills while the kiddos (who apparently don't go to school anymore) simply sit in a corner and get just as many because of lag and cowardice.

Played a game with a dude that sounded just like El Presador. I know it wasn't him, but his voice, speech patterns and rage were incredibly similar. Now that was entertaining.

Patch did nothing for me. Sadly, the day I got the game I upgraded to a Geforce 460 because I thought the stuttering was my old graphics card.

I installed the card and got the patch and the game is still unplayable.

belvedere

Junior Butler
FirstInHell said:
Patch did nothing for me. Sadly, the day I got the game I upgraded to a Geforce 460 because I thought the stuttering was my old graphics card.

The patch helped but certainly didn't resolve the issue. I'm thinking it's still not optimized for multi-core configurations (somehow).

I know this is obvious for most people but it almost slipped by me. The SP graphics auto-detection really bumped up my settings to ridiculously high levels, unsuitable for MP. After knocking down AA and a few other settings a couple of notches, many of those hiccups went away in MP. I started doing a helluva lot better in MP after that.

So there's definitely a lag issue, but there's also 2x/4x core optimization issue as well.

J-Rzez

I must be odd, as everyone keeps voting for nuketown, but yet I think it maybe one of the worst maps ever put into a FPS.

J-Rzez said:
I must be odd, as everyone keeps voting for nuketown, but yet I think it maybe one of the worst maps ever put into a FPS.
Agreed. I was in a lobby last night where players voted it in three times in a row.

Accidentus

Neo Member
J-Rzez said:
Small maps just don't work in CoD games, idk why the devs keep insisting on putting them in. Shipment, Roundhouse, Rust, and now Nuketown. All of them terrible.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
FirstInHell said:

same for me :((

Rubenov

FirstInHell said:

Look for servers that say "NOLAG" in their name description. It worked for me.

oneHeero

I'm not having problems. Sure there is lag here and there but every game has had it. Every game has the same fucken complaints. I was shooting the guy and he turned and shot me and killed me, game sucks i put 3-5 bullets or a whole clip into him blablabla. Same shit every game. Learn to adjust/adapt to the inabilities of the game and move fwd.

Several guns are worth using.

M16 is still a beast if you can learn how to shoot from the hip in close quarters. I also use the Famas a lot.

Now, my main gun is a type of gun I'ver NEVER used before in a FPS. I always stick to the early AR. But right now I use the Skorpion, a beast in previous COD when used right so I gave it a shot now.

Only 20 in the clip at first, can take out 2-3 guys with that amount though. How? With skills. Its a hi dmg gun. I just added extended mag for 30 in the clip. A lot of these maps are small and have hidden areas.

The best gun at the moment would be a SMG because of the fire rate and how easy people pop up or out of areas.

Fuck Nuketown, I dont like Hanoi either.

J-Rzez said:

The maps sucks but it's the one of the few maps in the game that knows that the game on the disc says "Call of Duty" on it. Ya know, the game that became huge by having the excitement of a Quake/Unreal game but the mechanics of a Counterstrike/Rainbow 6 game.

Does anyone know how to disable the menu music? I hear the same loop over and over again while waiting in-between games and it's getting rather frustrating.

Kusagari

J-Rzez said:

It's the only map where people can be as cheap as they usually were in MW2 so everyone on Xbox Live loves it.

J-Rzez

Accidentus said:
Small maps just don't work in CoD games, idk why the devs keep insisting on putting them in. Shipment, Roundhouse, Rust, and now Nuketown. All of them terrible.

Yep, and that's primarily due to the crap respawn system. Not to mention in Nuketown you have two narrow sides to go through, and up the middle. On domination I was able to shut down two of those myself.

People don't seem to understand how the respawn system works. When you hold two spots, don't press on into that third in a tight game, causing them to spawn into a different location, most likely behind everyone, and they take the spots while wiping out your team due to the free flankjob.

Then again, this game is catered to the extreme-casuals who don't understand such concepts.

Koroshi said:
Agreed. I was in a lobby last night where players voted it in three times in a row.

I just turned off the damn game because people voted it 5 times in a row. No thank you.

Animal

Banned
As annoying as nuketown is, I credit it with getting me up to speed quickly on the CoD multiplayer required skills.

WJD

This crossbow gun thing is probably the worst weapon I have ever seen multiplayer FPS. Good lord, everyones running round with the fucking thing.

JB1981

oneHeero said:
I'm not having problems. Sure there is lag here and there but every game has had it. Every game has the same fucken complaints. I was shooting the guy and he turned and shot me and killed me, game sucks i put 3-5 bullets or a whole clip into him blablabla. Same shit every game. Learn to adjust/adapt to the inabilities of the game and move fwd.

Several guns are worth using.

M16 is still a beast if you can learn how to shoot from the hip in close quarters. I also use the Famas a lot.

Now, my main gun is a type of gun I'ver NEVER used before in a FPS. I always stick to the early AR. But right now I use the Skorpion, a beast in previous COD when used right so I gave it a shot now.

Only 20 in the clip at first, can take out 2-3 guys with that amount though. How? With skills. Its a hi dmg gun. I just added extended mag for 30 in the clip. A lot of these maps are small and have hidden areas.

The best gun at the moment would be a SMG because of the fire rate and how easy people pop up or out of areas.

Fuck Nuketown, I dont like Hanoi either.

Kinda true .... though just coming off playing MW1 and MW2 recently, I feel like the lag in this game is even worse ... and my ability to actually stay alive after killing one guy is greatly diminished. I kill a guy, then get killed. Kill a guy, get killed. Over and over. It's weird!!

So how does the M14 compare to its COD4 counterpart? That gun was, for me, the best assault rifle in the game because of the OHK headshots and ability to restock ammo by killing snipers.

TestOfTide said:
So how does the M14 compare to its COD4 counterpart? That gun was, for me, the best assault rifle in the game because of the OHK headshots and ability to restock ammo by killing snipers.

Its my 2nd favorite AR in the game so far. Its powerful and accurate. :D

The one redeeming thing about nuke town is that it's hard to camp on it, every area has two ways in and all corners are in reach of grenades, plus the game will sometimes randomly swap sides for spawning which fucks things up so much it's a good laugh.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Diablohead said:
The one redeeming thing about nuke town is that it's hard to camp on it, every area has two ways in and all corners are in reach of grenades, plus the game will sometimes randomly swap sides for spawning which fucks things up so much it's a good laugh.

Scorpion is pretty awesome on NukeTown

Xater

Anerythristic said:
Dude, I'm not being an asshole..sell it. If you are not having fun don't torture yourself. If you are a shooter fan there are plenty of others avaialble.

I don't think you are an asshole don't worry. I am just really angry about all these issues online and the constant locking up of he game. If I knew they patch this stuff soon I probably would not think about it that much. At the core this still is a very fun game if only it wasn't for the technical issues... :(

oneHeero

JB1981 said:
Kinda true .... though just coming off playing MW1 and MW2 recently, I feel like the lag in this game is even worse ... and my ability to actually stay alive after killing one guy is greatly diminished. I kill a guy, then get killed. Kill a guy, get killed. Over and over. It's weird!!
O yea, I kinda chalk that up to launch problems. Sold more than others so servers more strained maybe? lol thats what I like to think.

Regharding the deaths, thats the thing about all COD games. Its what makes people hate and love it. So easy to have awesome games and so easy to just go on a long slump LOL.

You find the type of gunner you are and setup for it. I like to run and gun, I go with Hardline(spy plane, care, and that 3 drop bomb one). Hardline+spy allows me to run and gun cuz I know where peeps are. I use Marathon to get away from bs as quickly as possible. I have steady aim pro as well since I run and gun with SMG or m16.

I use claymores but rarely LOL depends on map, if not I just dont use it. I use semtex but nades arent as effective as other games. And I use flash bangs.

I play impatiently so while I put up tons of kills I can die a lot so frustration levels are crazy high with me too.

But being a run and gun player with a SMG and decent skills with hardline gives u a great cchance to last longer. You get 2 quick kills, plant a claymore somewhere u can b safe, unload spy plane and play smart til u get care package and drop it, than hide till care is out and u can grab it.

If you need help, use a sentry gun in ur kill streak as well.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
It's so transparent in this game when I've pulled host. :lol :lol I'm a fairly standard player... just about a 1.0 K/D ratio on the nose.

But every once in a while, I'll just BEAST through a round of TDM, despite changing nothing about my play style. End up going like 20kills / 7 deaths.

At one point I had THREE opponents on screen. Managed to just stand stationary and kill all three in quick succession, like it was single player. Nuts.

iam220

Accidentus said:

They work just fine, it's a cluster-fuck thats for sure but that's what I find fun about it. I'm coming into this game straight from COD4 where I've spent 95% of my time playing on a 24/7 FFA killhouse server. So nuketown is right up my alley.

Alucrid

Banned
GDJustin said:
It's so transparent in this game when I've pulled host. :lol :lol I'm a fairly standard player... just about a 1.0 K/D ratio on the nose.

But every once in a while, I'll just BEAST through a round of TDM, despite changing nothing about my play style. End up going like 20kills / 7 deaths.

At one point I had THREE opponents on screen. Managed to just stand stationary and kill all three in quick succession, like it was single player. Nuts.

Oh. That's why I was doing good sometimes. :lol

snap0212

Wow, the screenshot feature also seems really nice. The rendered screenshot is 2560 x 1440px. :lol

MrMister said:
I loved Sniping (read: not quick scoping) in CoD4 and WaW and I'm sad it's been so... nerfed in BO. :(
It's still possible, though. It's just a lot harder than it was in Modern Warfare 2 and that's probably a good thing. You'll just have to adapt. Here's a clip of one quick scope (to show that it's still possible) and two no scopes. I'm surprised how well the no scoping works. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06_cJX3gnEY

J-Rzez said:
You're not odd. They should just rename it "Clusterfuck" and be done with it.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Alucrid said:
Oh. That's why I was doing good sometimes. :lol

Well, I mean I'm just guessing. We can both pretend we just managed to somehow play like CoD Gods for one round, if we want. :D :D

:lol :lol just played three straight matches on Nuketown.

i can see why people hate it but like someone said, it feels like Quake with its super fast match length and run in gun at its fastest.

:lol I love when they catch you stationary or even camping a bit and they try to line up an embarrising head shot for a humiliating kill cam and you quickly spin around and knife them out of pure luck or because you know they are there, its like the 12th greatest thing in the entire world.

Manus

Red Blaster said:
I'm shooting from the hip way more here than in MW2, the guns have so much recoil I end up with headshots usually :D

Same. I do so much more hip firing in BO than I did in MW2.

Top Bottom