• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

snap0212 said:
Wow, the screenshot feature also seems really nice. The rendered screenshot is 2560 x 1440px. :lol

It's still possible, though. It's just a lot harder than it was in Modern Warfare 2 and that's probably a good thing. You'll just have to adapt. Here's a clip of one quick scope (to show that it's still possible) and two no scopes. I'm surprised how well the no scoping works. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06_cJX3gnEY

Normal sniping is a total change in sniping style. You have to pre-scope, which takes extra time and is only really good on really long views or stationary people. I have to work on it more, but it is so much harder to play successfully as a sniper now than any other gun it is kind of discouraging. I usually spend maybe 30% of my time sniping in FPS, but it's nice when it is at least almost as usable as the other weapons :p.

PaNaMa

Banned
Check this out out. Guy gets owned by a terrible spawn, checks the video and well... see for yourself. Treyarch needs to fix this spawning problem asap, cause the same thing is happening on every map. Spawn logic fail, big time. At least now I know i'm not the only one this is happening to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6ZWYXqbQWc

friskykillface said:
i can see why people hate it but like someone said, it feels like Quake with its super fast match length and run in gun at its fastest.
That's exactly it. I think most of the Black Ops maps favor run-and-gun tactics with SMGs over a more positional control using the whole weapon set. I'm more of a bounding positional player, so this bums me out.

Also, my performance is any match is directly tied to bars of ping, like usual. 3 bars and I have to get the drop on enemies AND put most of a clip into them. 4 bars and I can actually accomplish what I set out to do. Well, that's always been COD, and I always think it'll get better in the sequels and yet it never does.

Got my money's worth anyway. Guess its back to Reach and BC2 for me.

Eh who cares how many claymores you started with, swear I remember being able to put down two then again I always had scavenger, anyway, more pressing issues, this nuketown map is a fucking epidemic. Soon as that comes up might as well find another lobby because it's staying there for a WHILE.

incoming ps3 patches:

Treyarch's to release a series of updates for the PS3 version of Call of Duty: Black Ops aimed at fixing various issues affecting the game.

Community boss Josh Olin wrote over on the developer's forums: "Hey PS3 gamers, we are listening to you and we've been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community.

"We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info."

Here are the details of what's been sorted already and what's in the works:

Live fixes
- Villa: User can clip into rock at west edge of grid zone B2 and see through to the other side
- Crisis: User can clip into LVT between grid zone A3 and B3 and see through to the other side
- User can get an infinite number of 'Sam Turret', 'Care Package' and 'Sentry Gun' killstreaks (commonly referred to as the "care package glitch")
- Radar sweep when there are only 2 players left in One in the Chamber will stop functioning if the 2 players have multiple lives when the sweep starts
- Crash when viewing content (films, clips, etc) in the Community & Recent Games menu
- Users' rank and stats can get wiped under very specific conditions
- Online number counts were not updating properly; these are now reporting exact online numbers
- Parties getting disbanded when host did not find a match quickly

In progress
- Improved matchmaking to find matches faster
- Improved match and host selection; will result in much better networking conditions for all games (a.k.a., decreased lag)
- Weekly and Monthly leaderboards stats reporting incorrectly for kills, deaths and assists (All Time leaderboard not affected by this)
- Additional improvements to party system

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=275349

Maybe they can make it run a bit smoother?

Always-honest said:
incoming patches:

Treyarch's to release a series of updates for the PS3 version of Call of Duty: Black Ops aimed at fixing various issues affecting the game.

Community boss Josh Olin wrote over on the developer's forums: "Hey PS3 gamers, we are listening to you and we've been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community.

"We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info."

Here are the details of what's been sorted already and what's in the works:

Live fixes
- Villa: User can clip into rock at west edge of grid zone B2 and see through to the other side
- Crisis: User can clip into LVT between grid zone A3 and B3 and see through to the other side
- User can get an infinite number of 'Sam Turret', 'Care Package' and 'Sentry Gun' killstreaks (commonly referred to as the "care package glitch")
- Radar sweep when there are only 2 players left in One in the Chamber will stop functioning if the 2 players have multiple lives when the sweep starts
- Crash when viewing content (films, clips, etc) in the Community & Recent Games menu
- Users' rank and stats can get wiped under very specific conditions
- Online number counts were not updating properly; these are now reporting exact online numbers
- Parties getting disbanded when host did not find a match quickly

In progress
- Improved matchmaking to find matches faster
- Improved match and host selection; will result in much better networking conditions for all games (a.k.a., decreased lag)
- Weekly and Monthly leaderboards stats reporting incorrectly for kills, deaths and assists (All Time leaderboard not affected by this)
- Additional improvements to party system

*ctrl F* nuketown ... :(

My opinion is slowing turning. At first, yes, no more BS deaths like MW2. Now, jump guy from behind, put 3-5 bullets into him and he either turns around kills me or disappear around a corner. Makes me want to throw my controller. Happens way too often. Lag netcode sucks in this game. Put in MW2 and drops guy 99% of the time.
Hit detection/netcode in this game is just as bad as it was in Waw :/

Sound system is broken obviously, making ninja a totally useless perk unless you really can't stand the sound of your own footsteps. This essentially makes FFA a gamemode where the person who manages to shoot the most other people in the back by sheer luck the winner. That or a filthy camper. The sound better be patched.

People like nuketown because you can get a ton of kills on it (already seen a couple of 100+ in demolition), gotta love the spawn trap. Plus there's no fucking campers.

zero margin said:
*ctrl F* nuketown ... :(
zero margin said:
Eh who cares how many claymores you started with, swear I remember being able to put down two then again I always had scavenger, anyway, more pressing issues, this nuketown map is a fucking epidemic. Soon as that comes up might as well find another lobby because it's staying there for a WHILE.

haven't played it once... would like to see what all the fuzz is all about.

PaNaMa said:
Check this out out. Guy gets owned by a terrible spawn, checks the video and well... see for yourself. Treyarch needs to fix this spawning problem asap, cause the same thing is happening on every map. Spawn logic fail, big time. At least now I know i'm not the only one this is happening to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6ZWYXqbQWc

Holy crap that was terrible :lol I've seen some bad spawns in BO, but NOTHING this bad, wtf

clav

If Treyarch were truly listening, spawn fixes would be on the list.

These sound like glitches they already knew before hand and already were working on a patch far before release.

claviertekky said:
If Treyarch were truly listening, spawn fixes would be on the list.

These sound like glitches they already knew before hand and already were working on a patch far before release.
indeed. None of these things were ven mentioned here. Don't tell me they're not F5-ing this thread 24/7..

RJNavarrete said:
I quoted the guy and corrected him a page ago. :/

It's ok. I still love you.

The list of fixes is nice. Matchmaking and spawning needs to come first. Second, glitches, lag and sound effects. So, they're halfway acknowledging their issues. Not bad for a start.

ShogunX

NullPointer said:
That's exactly it. I think most of the Black Ops maps favor run-and-gun tactics with SMGs over a more positional control using the whole weapon set. I'm more of a bounding positional player, so this bums me out.

Also, my performance is any match is directly tied to bars of ping, like usual. 3 bars and I have to get the drop on enemies AND put most of a clip into them. 4 bars and I can actually accomplish what I set out to do. Well, that's always been COD, and I always think it'll get better in the sequels and yet it never does.

Got my money's worth anyway. Guess its back to Reach and BC2 for me.

Me and my group of friends pretty much win 99% of our games every night by using positional control and good communication. We also regularly win Team tactical Domination matches despite being 3v4 by using the same tactics.

Running and gunning only gets you so far against a decent set of players.

Alucrid

Banned
Oh, does anyone else have problems with getting parties into match making? I tried last night and the party kept being disbanded.

ShogunX

Alucrid said:
Oh, does anyone else have problems with getting parties into match making? I tried last night and the party kept being disbanded.

Yes depending on the size of our party we do get disbanded quite a few times per night. We normally just keep trying until we finally get in a game or just swap over the party leader and try again. If that still fails try switching game types.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Had like 5 stuttering-free matches and the game is awesome again. 31-17 in demolition round on Sammit, managed to plant the bomb outside 10 seconds before the end. It was pretty desperate but successful. We won.

I also dig S&D so much. Never played it in COD4 and it was worthless in MW2 due to cheap campers galore.

Phaethon0017 said:
Didn't realize Nuketown got so much hate. I would say it's more fair and balanced than Shipment was, and that was still a blast.
I love it. Its a nice chaotic change of pace from these huge whack maps like Jungle where I spend the whole time trying to find signs of life while being shot by some dude on some rock in the sky that I'll never find.

Just had a match end as we were winning kicking to the lobby saying "you must be signed into xbox live at the start of the session" I am guessing host rage quit.

Phaethon0017 said:
Didn't realize Nuketown got so much hate. I would say it's more fair and balanced than Shipment was, and that was still a blast.

The problem is that you can keep playing on it over, and over, and over because of the "Previous" option after matches, which is just ridiculous. Too many options means people will always pick the map/gametype where kills come the easiest, and that's the meat grinder known as Nuketown.

After the match is finished, the game should just roll on to the next map with Yes/No choice and a possible random selection if majority votes "No" and no more voting if that happens.

Rainy Dog

I finally got Ghost Pro earlier and after running with it for past few hours, seems it does hide you from the Blackbird and Dogs. Though only if you don't shoot when the latter are about.

And despite that there's no longer any uber powerful shotties and machine pistols etc. secondaries, nice to see I'm the only player that seems arsed enough to carry a launcher in an attempt to keep the skies clear for my team :rolleyes

TheOddOne

Had a weird match where some guys (with rank 40-45) where camping at one spot. Shot three of them, I think they got pissed and went on a rampage.

Raiden

Banned
Ok, i just found out that instead of my perks automatically upgrading to "pro" i have to buy the upgrade, good fucking god awesome, i was playing pretty good with my basic perks, and now i have them all in pro!!!!

succes

X26

Banned
Nuketown is awesome when you're doing well, played a stretch of them earlier and had a blast. I have no idea why most people don't use flak jacket on it though, it's absolutely essential given all the nades, claymores, and rc cars flying around

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Rainy Dog said:
And despite that there's no longer any uber powerful shotties and machine pistols etc. secondaries, nice to see I'm the only player that seems arsed enough to carry a launcher in an attempt to keep the skies clear for my team :rolleyes

What platform? People write a lot of stuff here which I don't experience at all.

Quick question and I'm sorry if it's been covered in this thread already, I haven't really been keeping up.

Ninja Pro, it doesn't seem to be working as advertised. Is this a bug or is ninja pro just not as useful as these types of perks have been in the past?

X26

Banned
subversus said:
Had like 5 stuttering-free matches and the game is awesome again. 31-17 in demolition round on Sammit, managed to plant the bomb outside 10 seconds before the end. It was pretty desperate but successful. We won.

I also dig S&D so much. Never played it in COD4 and it was worthless in MW2 due to cheap campers galore.

This is what I like best about the game. I played TDM 99% of the time, now I cycle between TDM, S&D, and domination (mainly this) since the modes are a lot better without all the mw2 bs

TheOddOne

X26 said:
Nuketown is awesome when you're doing well, played a stretch of them earlier and had a blast. I have no idea why most people don't use flak jacket on it though, it's absolutely essential given all the nades, claymores, and rc cars flying around
Nuketown reminds me of the level Exodus from MW2. Maby leftover map?

iNvid02

Felix Lighter said:
Quick question and I'm sorry if it's been covered in this thread already, I haven't really been keeping up.

Ninja Pro, it doesn't seem to be working as advertised. Is this a bug or is ninja pro just not as useful as these types of perks have been in the past?

my advice would be not to waste tier 3 on ninja because you dont actually need it, just run around normally and no one will hear you anyway - its a bug right now, i guess they wanted to reduce sound hoaring but now someone can jump behind you and you wont hear them. the only thing ninja currently does is eliminate the sound you hear

Net_Wrecker said:
The problem is that you can keep playing on it over, and over, and over because of the "Previous" option after matches, which is just ridiculous. Too many options means people will always pick the map/gametype where kills come the easiest, and that's the meat grinder known as Nuketown.

After the match is finished, the game should just roll on to the next map with Yes/No choice and a possible random selection if majority votes "No" and no more voting if that happens.

This. Exactly. It's how often people want to play it that's the problem. I guess just going to have to suffer through it until the flock moves on to the next big game. I hate the first couple weeks of a new shooter coming out.

Top Bottom