• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

cameltoe

PaNaMa said:
On 360, with a 7.1 Sony ES2400 home theatre system, I hear no footsteps. I'm regularly stabbed out by dudes with tactical mask, marthon, etc and had no idea they were chasing me, or rolling up on me at all. The broken spawn system amplifies this problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6ZWYXqbQWc

The only time I hear footsteps are my own (when I'm not using ninja) and only then when I'm sprinting on on metal grates and stuff.

I have Ninja Pro unlocked, which gives me the benefit of making no sound, and even then I don't hear enemies clomping up behind me for the stab. I have my speakers up so loud my friends complain about the sound feeding back.

In MW2 the bad thing was if you hear Johnny Lightweight Command Marathon sprinting toward you at 80MPH, you could at least turn and fire a couple rounds into him before he pressed the teleportation/stab/win button. In Black Ops, the win button is scaled back little with commando gone, but even that is somewhat nullfied by the relative weakness of guns. Not having footsteps just compounds the problem

I agree with this. I was looking forward to unlocking NP because all footsteps were so quite...but it doesnt seem to do anything. I still use it because my footsteps are so damn loud it drives me crazy.

Vahn said in a twitter that the intention was to reduce soundwhoring, now clearly they've gone too far and it seemed he kinda acknowledged that so we will probably see it patched. However he did say the footsteps will never be as loud as in MW2.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Also, I've sorted out my Playercard

CE5Ew.jpg

celestial body said:
Vahn said in a twitter that the intention was to reduce soundwhoring, now clearly they've gone too far and it seemed he kinda acknowledged that so we will probably see it patched. However he did say the footsteps will never be as loud as in MW2.

I never even heard of the term soundwhoring. I guess I was a soundwhore then, huh? Oh well, just as long as they boost it a bit because it is completely ineffective right now.

McBacon said:
Also, I've sorted out my Playercard

http://i.imgur.com/CE5Ew.jpg

nice :lol

W1SSY

Started single player and trying to go through on Veteran but it just seems impossible. I beat MW2 on veteran and it was a challenge but not even close to as hard as this is. Sadly I am still really early in the game and cannot beat it.

Trying to go through the tunnels after
destroying the rocket with the valkyrie
is impossible and I just find myself trying to run through it faster after I die multiple times. It also to me seems like I should have got a checkpoint but the checkpoints are spread out so much I have to repeat the same thing over and over.

Loxley

You know what's weird?

I loved Barebones in MW2 because I was in the camp that hated the absurd killstreaks. But in Black Ops I find myself completely ignoring the Barebones playlists entirely because Treyarch did such a good job of keeping the Killstreaks in check that they don't bother me in the slightest :lol They basically fixed a problem that Black Ops doesn't have.

snack

I'm having major trouble duplicating the GAF emblem... Could someone do screenshots of each layer? That'd be much appreciated. :)

W1SSY said:
Started single player and trying to go through on Veteran but it just seems impossible. I beat MW2 on veteran and it was a challenge but not even close to as hard as this is. Sadly I am still really early in the game and cannot beat it.

Trying to go through the tunnels after
destroying the rocket with the valkyrie
is impossible and I just find myself trying to run through it faster after I die multiple times. It also to me seems like I should have got a checkpoint but the checkpoints are spread out so much I have to repeat the same thing over and over.

It only gets worse from there on Vet. I actually don't remember having huge problems right after that part, but later there are some sequences that take just a ton of trial and error to figure out and it is frustrating. This crap should be play-tested at the hardest level and scaled down. Seems like the test the easy and just up the bullet damage and some sequences just don't work anymore and actually I think I ruined some cinematic moments because I gamed the triggers and then cleared the area out from a spot I shouldn't have been in. It slow motioned and stuff and I thought oh, bullets should probably be flying around me but it just looked kind of stupid. Going to play on easy and action movie through it instead now, replay on vet for the trophies.

iam220

I'll try asking again;

Where and how do you change your kill streaks? Tried going through the MP menus yesterday and couldn't find it.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
anyone know if the 3rd patch is out yet?

Loxley

iam220 said:
I'll try asking again;

Where and how do you change your kill streaks? Tried going through the MP menus yesterday and couldn't find it.

On the 360 (assuming the same with the PS3), Killstreaks are under the "Player Match" multiplayer menu option; located right under Create A Class and Contracts.

Neverfade

Ikuu said:
No way, one claymore is perfectly fine. If anything they need to add a delay to the Claymore so you can plant it as you die and kill someone right away.

There is a delay, it's called pressing up to equip it now.

Have you guys tried playing splitscreen? I don't want to complain because just the fact that they offer it is great enough but man it looks like a psp game and that is no exaggeration.

Hacker pro is awesome! I walk up to this enemy care package and it says "take contents and booby trap". So I'm like, ok! Right as I finish someone walks up on me and thinking he's all cute kills me with his pistol in the back. A couple seconds after I respawn I see +100. :lol

iam220

Loxley said:
On the 360 (assuming the same with the PS3), Killstreaks are under the "Player Match" multiplayer menu option; located right under Create A Class and Contracts.

Thanks, I'm on pc and I don't recall a "Player match" option. Anyone on PC know where to find it?

edit: according to youtube videos, its under "operations" in the PC version, can't believe i missed it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Reposting for a new page.

For some reason when I join my friends I end up blocking the party from getting into a lobby, I'm assuming it's because my router did not have it's ports forwarded, so I DMZed my Xbox, and forwarded my ports. My question though is howcome when I put my 360 into manual IP instead of automatic does it immediately make my Nat strict.

Does this have to do with it being a DHCP automatic IP setting by default in my router, so when I try to assign a static IP it makes it strict?

MDavis360 said:
By the time I get the Pro Perks I want it will be time to Prestige. :(

Agree with you. I am having a hell of a time with some of the right place, right time ones.

I simply have yet to be in a situation where I melee kill two enemies in 5 seconds, even with the Ballistic Knife I think I killed two guys with it in under ten seconds though :lol

I played Objective based games ALL night last night and ran into (1) Sentry Gun , I did destoy it totally forgetting that I had switched classes and did not have a build with the ghost perk on at that moment. I literally shouted at the screen.

zero margin said:
Hacker pro is awesome! I walk up to this enemy care package and it says "take contents and booby trap". So I'm like, ok! Right as I finish someone walks up on me and thinking he's all cute kills me with his pistol in the back. A couple seconds after I respawn I see +100. :lol

I'm trying to get Hacker Pro right now but that 3rd challenge is a bitch!

I'm still not feeling this and it's annoying me. :( Everything feels like a step backwards from the Modern Warfare games. In the SP there's nothing that's shocking or gripping me, and in the multiplayer I just find it a bit lifeless compared to the mad battlefield in the previous games.

I mean, I'm having fun, but there's no spark there. I was utterly addicted to MW/2 by this time after their releases.

JB1981

Foliorum Viridum said:
I'm still not feeling this and it's annoying me. :( Everything feels like a step backwards from the Modern Warfare games. In the SP there's nothing that's shocking or gripping me, and in the multiplayer I just find it a bit lifeless compared to the mad battlefield in the previous games.

I mean, I'm having fun, but there's no spark there. I was utterly addicted to MW/2 by this time after their releases.

Exactly how I feel and I don't believe it's the formula, I just feel the core gameplay in this version is kind of stale.

iam220

subversus said:
Nope, stuttering is still there.

:( it seemed fixed for me.

They're working on it though ..

IN PROGRESS

* GPU hitching on certain graphics cards.
* Incomplete server browser results.
* Improvements to Quickmatch joins (results with better ping and reduced lag).
* Zombies "The game session is no longer available" error.

Belfast

Just saying, I find LMG camping with a Motion Sensor to be very profitable. Claymore works if you're not good at monitoring your mini-map. Otherwise, you can see pretty much anyone coming and I think it works against people with Ghost, as well.

NekoFever

I just finished the campaign for the first time. Good lord. Even for a game that followed Modern Warfare 2, that story was impressively ridiculous :lol

In general I thought the best bits of Black Ops were really damn good, but conversely the bad parts could have come out of COD3. The good outweighed the bad, though.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
11 deaths in 1 match thanks to shitty ass lag. Had to leave, i couldn't get a kill at all.

MDavis360 said:
I'm trying to get Hacker Pro right now but that 3rd challenge is a bitch!

Was that the kill the enemies in the motion tracker/jammer radius? I did save that one for last and it took maybe 5-6 games. Best thing is find the hot spot on every map, drop the beacon and sit in a corner. Yeah it's kinda shitty camping like that but it will go quickly.

Belfast said:
Just saying, I find LMG camping with a Motion Sensor to be very profitable. Claymore works if you're not good at monitoring your mini-map. Otherwise, you can see pretty much anyone coming and I think it works against people with Ghost, as well.

motion tracker is amazing, treyarch obviously knows this seeing as it's the most expensive equipment to buy (5K).

SmokeMaxX

MDavis360 said:
Remember how in MW2 if you quit a game and then tried to join a new one- it would put you right back in the match you left?

That's gone. :D
You wish. I just had this happen to me earlier today. The one time I EVER leave a game and it was only because I had a red bar and only had X minutes left to finish a contract. I leave, get a loss, rejoin the exact same game, leave, and get TWO LOSSES out of ONE GAME.

Anerythristic said:
Agree with you. I am having a hell of a time with some of the right place, right time ones.

I simply have yet to be in a situation where I melee kill two enemies in 5 seconds, even with the Ballistic Knife I think I killed two guys with it in under ten seconds though :lol

I played Objective based games ALL night last night and ran into (1) Sentry Gun , I did destoy it totally forgetting that I had switched classes and did not have a build with the ghost perk on at that moment. I literally shouted at the screen.

I FINALLY got that this morning. I've been running with Hacker with the hopes of spotting a Sentry Gun. I finally see one one of the opposite side of the map and I've racing over there hoping I won't be seen!

Anerythristic said:

Guys, if you're having trouble with the Sentry Gun requirement, equip the Sentry Gun killstreak and toss it to where enemies are spawning and then hope that they pick it up and place it. Then wait and destroy. Might work out in your favor.

ZZMitch

I have been having some weird issues (on the PC version here), where I will randomly lose a few minutes of gametime.

For example, I just bought layers 5 and 6 to finish the neogaf logo I was making, using the 1600 or so credits I had gained from the last two games. I had gained a level too, to level 26. When I was finished the logo, I realized I was back to level 25 again and I had lost the credits I had gained from the last two games. It also re-locked layers 5 and 6, although my emblem still shows all 6 layers.

Very weird.

Top Bottom