• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

hamchan

Keyser Soze said:
I would have had no idea about the barrels without checking here. What a terrible mission. No idea how that could through playtesting

Thanks for the help :)

Well, it's pretty clear if you look at Woods doing it. I do agree that it's pretty poor design to not force the player to see it happen though.

ijm72

The AK74U with the Grip and Rapid Fire attachments is beastly. I was doing pretty good before with just the grip using sleight of hand pro but ever since I switched to warlord I have been mowing people down. AK74u+ Hardline + Warlord + Mararthon = Win.

MetalAlien

Banned
I almost never play the single player games. I got to burger town on MW2 but stopped there. I only play these games for the multiplayer.

Loved COD2, 3 was ok, LOVED MW1, fucking hated COD5, loved MW2, hate black ops with a passion.

I have learned my lesson. I only hope that MW3 is good since Infinity Ward is no more.

I thankfully only rented blacks ops so I am only out 9 bucks. I am returning it a day early.

ijm72 said:
The AK74U with the Grip and Rapid Fire attachments is beastly. I was doing pretty good before with just the grip using sleight of hand pro but ever since I switched to warlord I have been mowing people down. AK74u+ Hardline + Warlord + Mararthon = Win.

damn-I didn't even think about that combination....

ijm72 said:

I have been using the AK74U with the grip for the maps with more CQC and 100% agree, I use Marathon+Steady Aim+Lightweight and having having a blast mowing people down

ijm72 said:

Only one problem with that setup, you're out of ammo after 3 kills. :lol Well, 3 for me, 4 or 5 for you probably. Switch hardline to scavenger and you'll be set.

sxiwie.jpg

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMN

I have heard rumors that you can keep your emblem after prestige, is this true?

ijm72

zero margin said:
Only one problem with that setup, you're out of ammo after 3 kills. :lol Switch hardline to scavenger and you'll be set.
I might try that just to see how it goes. Usually I get about 6-7 kills before I run out of ammo so I just pick up a gun when I kill somebody.

ijm72 said:
I might try that just to see how it goes. Usually I get about 6-7 kills before I run out of ammo so I just pick up a gun when I kill somebody.

I edited above but yeah 6-7 kills that's way better accuracy than me. Anyway, as for the perk, I was a big time hardline fan for a while but after comparing getting a kill streak earlier or more ammo and nades I had to go scavenger. Pro scavenger refills lethal nades as well.

Weenerz

Banned
Come play GAFers, add me as a friend on Steam "Weenerz" or find my server in the browser, its "Weenerz House".

Doing TDM atm.

Dresden said:
By the way, guys, I hear that going ADS with shotguns increases their range now? Or is this just party chat bullshit?

Could be. I heard on the machinima stream that having one of the new custom reticle indicators increases bullet lag.

ijm72

zero margin said:
I edited above but yeah 6-7 kills that's way better accuracy than me. Anyway, as for the perk, I was a big time hardline fan for a while but after comparing getting a kill streak earlier or more ammo and nades I had to go scavenger. Pro scavenger refills lethal nades as well.
Yeah I know what you mean but it seems like there is a mental block in my head :lol Whenever I am not using hardline it seems I always die before I get my 3rd killstreak. For example if I have the chopper gunner equipped I somehow always die when I have 8 kills :lol With hardline I tend to get the 3rd killstreak more often.

ijm72 said:
Yeah I know what you mean but it seems like there is a mental block in my head :lol Whenever I am not using hardline it seems I always die before I get my 3rd killstreak. For example if I have the chopper gunner equipped I somehow always die when I have 8 kills :lol With hardline I tend to get the 3rd killstreak more often.

Yup that is a huge bonus, makes sense too, getting that second kill in a row is way easier than getting that third in a row. I felt like I wasn't a formidable player in MW2 without stopping power so I get the mental block aspect. Anyway, I digress, all depends on how you want to play I suppose and either way we all win. :lol

Wickerman

snap0212 said:
How to make the GAF-Logo:

Layer 1: Circle Color: White

Layer 2: The grin-thingy Color: bright(er) orange

Layer 3: The grin-thingy Color: dark(er) grey

Layer 4: Triangle Color: Orange

Layer 5: Triangle Color: Orange

Layer 6: Triangle Color: Grey

Layer 7: Triangle Color: Grey

Layer 8: Square Color: White (your background, the "n")

If you only have six layers, just skip layer 2 and layer 3.
I'm rocking the emblem right now. Thanks for the tips :D

zero margin said:
Could be. I heard on the machinima stream that having one of the new custom reticle indicators increases bullet lag.

Can't be true can it?

Also you do keep your emblem and layers from what I have read.

kyo_daikun said:
Can't be true can it?

I don't see how it could but I don't know a lot about game physics either. I wouldn't put too much stock in that though no.

This dude on the machinima stream talks way too much.

EDIT - :lol I think it's Josh Olin the community guy from treyarch.

Concept17

I'm loving this game. I've really only played TDM, and haven't touched single player. But the pacing and general feel of this game is sooo much better than MW2. Less killstreak BS was a much needed improvement, and so far many of the guns just feel great. There is a certain level of jankiness that kind of gives it that Treyarch feel, but it hasn't bothered me. Really though, the game just feels more tactical than MW2, but still keeps the pace pretty fast. Unlocks and leveling in this game also have a much better pacing, and you don't have 50 things thrown in your face. And spending money is great.

The only downsides so far have been lag, knife kills, and prone. Prone just seems silly in the game, its always a mess of wonky animations and sliding around that rarely give positive results to whatever monkey is doing it. So far I've rarely gotten killed by people dropping into prone, and find mobility > oh look you can only shoot my face now.

Also, customization is awesome.

RS4-

I hit prestige a few hours ago, you do keep your emblems and such. Getting the 2 melée kills within 5 seconds was annoying as hell.

kaskade

I read that article on IGN about the barrels. They could've easily had someone say something like "kick the barrels". Does this make the mission easier?

RS4- said:
I hit prestige a few hours ago, you do keep your emblems and such. Getting the 2 melée kills within 5 seconds was annoying as hell.

Could you maybe detail exactly what you get to keep and what unlocks? Would appreciate it, I'm going to be at the point tomorrow.

EDIT - unless someone else wants to know don't bother, I will prestige regardless.

Adam J.

Just beat the SP campaign...

There were a couple hiccups here and there game design-wise, but overall all I thought it was stellar and maybe better than MW2 and WAW (both games that I thought were pretty good).

Would really like to play some online multiplayer, but I rented the 360 version and am not a Gold member.

-viper- said:
Well, I tried them again on a different map and they work a treat. They're awesome!

Don't know what the hell was going on before, but everytime I shot one, I died. Weird.

I had the same issue with the Valkyrie rockets, it was on Havana on hardcore, can either of the 2 people who had the same issue confirm that it was that level they couldn't use them?

Before I had this problem I used them twice on jungle and they worked fine, can't understand how I could screw up 4 times in a row...

AppleMIX said:
So what is the best way to grind for XP and COP?

Domination and Hardcore are the modes I seem to get the most XP from, for COP just keep doing the easy contracts every 40 minutes when you can, guaranteed like 125 COP for the easiest.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Just finished the player game. It was meh-tastic. I hated how there was no flow or cohesion going from level to level & how craptacularly short levels were with any decent gameplay segments.

Definitely the worst of the series.

On the bright side, this game has the best damn faces out of any FPS, they look better than Uncharted.

Who would have thought 3 weeks ago that Kinect would work and Black Ops wouldn't. This spawn system is so broken. Never mind the issues we had getting a party of 6 into a game.
FAIL! =(

Alucrid

Banned
Neuromancer said:
Go to the barrels with the C4 on them and knife them, should help. Of course the game doesn't actually tell you this, it just says

GO TO THE TRENCHLINE

THE TRENCHLINE MASON

and

ENEMY AT THE TRENCHLINE

Edit: beaten, still, very poor game design with an incredibly unclear objective. Campaign wise I think Treyarch took a step back from W@W.

Yeah. It wasn't until I found out on the internet you need to kick the barrels. I saw Woods do and was like "Oh cool, I guess that explodes and I finish the level or something."

KaYotiX

Banned
Wife and I usually play CTF,domination and HQ. Both lvl 25 after 4-5 hrs of play. Love the contracts also, wish they gave u an hr insread if 40 mins on some of them

Dresden

Stakeout feels weak. I keep having to shoot guys three, four times to kill, whereas it's very rare for the Olympia to do that. I hear the Spas is even worse in that regard. What's the classified shotgun like?

Top Bottom