• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

snap0212

xxjuicesxx said:
I read it and still cant figure it out. A more detailed description or video would definitely be appreciated.

Would be cool to see someone I don't know rocking one randomly.
Okay. Then I'll upload a video. Will give credit to Diablo, of course. :)

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
aku:jiki said:
I just saw the dumbest killcam of the day... Dumbass had Warlord on a Stakeout. Which doesn't even have 2 attachments to put on. :lol

Sorry bro, but I'm pretty sure you're confused... Maybe the points don't carry over but there's no way you had 100k unless you're some wager match god who never bought a single weapon or attachment. And since wager match doesn't give XP so you couldn't prestige if that's all you play, you aren't. :D
I have like 60-70k at level 42..

100k by 50 doesn't seem impossible.

aku:jiki

user_nat said:
I have like 60-70k at level 42..

100k by 50 doesn't seem impossible.
He was saying he had it disposable, not total, meaning he means he made like 120-150k in one lap (as he probably bought a few weapons and perks). I don't believe that.

Just went 42-9 on Cracked, and then 52-12 on Summit. I know its only demolition, but I feel pretty good to be honest! Nothing better than napalming a bombsite then moving in to set it off. Maybe a B-52...

Which brings me to my next point: I have been playing this game totally wrong. Hell, I played MW2 wrong too. I have been relying on the damn care package for too long. I would usually go 3, 5, 7 (UAV, CP, chopper), clinging on for hope that the care package would give me something nice. It's taken me some time, but fuck it,... why the hell was I wait around for something that can give you a few kills when you could be out there getting those kills? CP takes you out of the game for far too long, for what is usually a counter-UAV or some ammo. I'm rocking 3, 5, 8 now (UAV, napalm, B-52) and it feels so much more positive. I'll probably go higher when I can afford it, but for now I'm feeling pretty good..

DidntKnowJack said:
Just got the game tonight. I've only played multi-player, about 4 and half hours of it, and I really only have one BIG complaint:

PEOPLE ONLINE, THERE ARE OTHER MAPS BESIDES NUKE TOWN!

Thank you, had to get that off my chest.
well, i'd naver played Nuke Town untill yesterday, and for some reason it was voted for since then... i played a lot of matches on it, and for a short while i laught my ass off. Goddamn what a chaotic spawn and kill fest.

I'm okay with it every once in a while. Like "Rust", really a map that should be in there.
However, most of the time, i want other levels.

Some of the levels are hard to get in to your memory by the way.. i still have no clue where i'm walking half the time.

Starting to like the online more and more.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
yes, I also have problems with connecting on PC. Just wanted to check if lag is still there... :lol

snack said:
Just curious, but does the PC version have mod tools or no?

not yet

RS4-

He was saying he had it disposable, not total, meaning he means he made like 120-150k in one lap (as he probably bought a few weapons and perks). I don't believe that.

00b4B.jpg

I only stuck with a handful of guns, 2-3 ARs and SMGs, a few perks, so the gun challenges give quite a few xp since they go up to level V I think.

And yeah, PC servers are down, took me a few mins just to log into steam, then the playercard :lol

edit - made a hipsterhitler emblem, needs more layers though! I wish it was something like Forza 3's livery editor.

To revise:

- Layers and unlocked clip art for the callsign.
- CoD points. (Maybe? I thought I did but others say you don't.)
- Gun customization (etched clan tag, stamped emblem; I haven't unlocked a gun I bought camo or a custom reticle for, nor face paint, yet so I can't see if it's kept).
- Your emblem design does not reset.
- The "Lifetime" challenge category doesn't reset.

Some of my stats just for no reason:

- I'm obivously loving the AK74u, as I have 503 kills with it with a 1.58 KD.
- Apparently I'm a shotgun pro; I have 72% accuracy with the Stakeout!
- My connection rules: I've knifed 173 people, but been knifed 279 times. Yay.
- I have respawned with a tac-insertion 1223 times, but I've only throwed 133 frags. :lol

RS4- said:
I only stuck with a handful of guns, 2-3 ARs and SMGs, a few perks, so the gun challenges give quite a few xp since they go up to level V I think.
Holy shit, I'm sorry! You're right and I was way off - I just checked my own playercard and apparently I've made 269,873 in one prestige! I had no idea, I've been buying like everything I unlock. Really didn't feel like I had that much money! :lol

Edit: Yay, my KD shot up from 1.01 to 1.17! (I'm playing on a horrendous router so an amazing game for me is a 2.0 KD...)

Raiden

Banned
RS4- said:
00b4B.jpg

And yeah, PC servers are down, took me a few mins just to log into steam, then the playercard :lol

edit - made a hipsterhitler emblem, needs more layers though! I wish it was something like Forza 3's livery editor.

So do you lose your money after you prestige?

RS4-

Raiden said:
So do you lose your money after you prestige?

For me I did or else I'd have unlocked the rest of the perks for the hell of it.

Gun customization is locked after you go prestige until you reach whatever the reqs. are for it. Only things I kept where lifetime stats (maybe lifetime & game mode challenges too) and my emblem stuff (created and purchased).

Gun challenges were reset, weapon attachments and perks as well.

Mik2121

Some random stats for me too..

I've played 10h 8m 42s.

Won 54 matches and lost 46, making it a pretty bad ratio of 1.17.

My current K/D ratio is 2.36, with 1060 Kills and 449 Deaths.

However, my aim is horrible, with a 17.02% of accuracy and 120 headshots.

My fav. weapon is the Famas with 581 kills.

Got my best accuracy with the L96A1 sniper rifle, at 40%. But I don't think I've used it all that much so that might explain it.

My most used Killstreak is the RC-XD, having used it 66 times, then the Spy Plane at 56 and the Care Package at 24. I've called the Chopper Gunner just 5 times.

I've only purchased 3 contracts, with a return on investment of 500% (spent 100CP, got 500Cp, lol).

So I contacted MS support about how the zombie maps are locked out of my region, but the Hardened Edition is stilled being sold like it's not occuring, and I contacted support about it... Guess what? They feel for me and know that it's disappointing. Disappointing?! MS and Activision literally hustled and robbed me, I don't think disappointing is the word!

What the fuck is this shit? Am I really gonna have to get off my ass and sue somebody? :(

RS4- said:
Gun customization is locked after you go prestige until you reach whatever the reqs. are for it.
It's locked until you reach that level, but when you do and if you bought a clan tag etch for that gun before, it will stay purchased so you can just unlock it. I had that on my AK74u.

Big-E

Just finished it straight through on Veteran. Certainly is the best COD campaign I think. Decent narrative to keep you going with some awesome set pieces and some good action. Loved
the Rolling Stones playing blowing shit up in Laos
. Haven't touched multiplayer too much yet but Treyarch has impressed me though if I was playing on the PS3 instead of PC than I would probably think differently.

NIN90

Bah, headshots are still worthless in this game. Their damage multiplicator is just too low (one hit kills ain't possible with non-sniper weapons) so it doesn't matter at all if you hit the head or not.

Raiden

Banned
Playing Veteran Campaign here kinda blows for me, i have finished all other cod vet campaigns with relative ease, but in each level there is this chokepoint i cant seem to get through. Gets the nerdrage out of me everytime.

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
I was never a hardcore player in previous games, but now it is my absolute preference. <3 the hardcore

Raiden

Banned
RS4- said:
For me I did or else I'd have unlocked the rest of the perks for the hell of it.

Gun customization is locked after you go prestige until you reach whatever the reqs. are for it. Only things I kept where lifetime stats (maybe lifetime & game mode challenges too) and my emblem stuff (created and purchased).

Gun challenges were reset, weapon attachments and perks as well.

Okay good to know thanks, so in short, everybody should just spend all their money on the emblems :p

Kyoufu

NIN90 said:
Bah, headshots are still worthless in this game. Their damage multiplicator is just too low (one hit kills ain't possible with non-sniper weapons) so it doesn't matter at all if you hit the head or not.

I disagree. I've had turning headshots that have saved me from inevitable death. The problem is you die so easily from getting shot in the chest/back.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
So I contacted MS support about how the zombie maps are locked out of my region, but the Hardened Edition is stilled being sold like it's not occuring, and I contacted support about it... Guess what? They feel for me and know that it's disappointing. Disappointing?! MS and Activision literally hustled and robbed me, I don't think disappointing is the word!

that's their usual practice. They've been selling Forza CE with DLC unlocked on Live when Live was not available in Russia, so people who paid extra for CE got screwed. MS is so corporate in a bad sense of the word.

NIN90

Kyoufu said:
I disagree. I've had turning headshots that have saved me from inevitable death. The problem is you die so easily from getting shot in the chest/back.

No, the headshot multiplicator is factually too low to allow one-shot kills. It's something like 1.33.
It's a decision they made when going from CoD2 to CoD4 because of the increase in automatic weapons.

NIN90 said:
I don't think you realize how hard you'd rage at this game if it had 1-shot headshots with every gun. It would be unplayable.

Just got this game yesterday, did some campaign, multiplayer, and of course, zombies!! I'm going to finish the campaign so I can
kill zombies as tricky dick
. Hope to see some of you out there.

P.S. Has this been posted, Machinima Respawn live streaming their attempts to get to 15 prestige. They are marathoning. Think it is interesting.

http://www.ustream.tv/machinima

.nimrod

They really need to get rid of imaginary sway on sniper rifles, it's bullshit that bullets sometimes don't go where i'm aiming while i'm scoped in -.-

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
.nimrod said:
They really need to get rid of imaginary sway on sniper rifles, it's bullshit that bullets sometimes don't go where i'm aiming while i'm scoped in -.-

Thank God! The best part of BO is barely any damn snipers. Thank you Treyarch! :lol

.nimrod said:

I don't particularly like snipers but sniping is basically broken in this game. Add to that the fact that all the maps are anti-sniping in their construction and you kinda wonder why they put sniper rifles in the game at all.

Cobra84

I don't think you realize how hard you'd rage at this game if it had 1-shot headshots with every gun. It would be unplayable.
It doesn't need one hit headshots, it just need a decent enough bonus to make headshots worth more than an accurate center mass shot. At best the current headshot bonus (1.4 on most guns) will reduce the number of shots to kill by only one and the 35 damage assault rifles are still 3 hits kills regardless of hit location.

I just saw the dumbest killcam of the day... Dumbass had Warlord on a Stakeout. Which doesn't even have 2 attachments to put on. :lol

While he could certainly be a dumbass, I would like to bring up the possibility of not being able to switch the perk in time before the game started. It's happened to me before a couple times.

ZZMitch

TheOddOne said:
Maby I'm in the minority, but I think the COD point system is useless and it should go back to MW2 style of progression.

Yeah, I hate how things like camo are all unlocked at once, it was cooler when you unlocked them one by one based on getting things like headshots. Its just kind of dumb that you can just buy them all.

ZZMitch said:
Yeah, I hate how things like camo are all unlocked at once, it was cooler when you unlocked them one by one based on getting things like headshots. Its just kind of dumb that you can just buy them all.

I like the new system too since you kind of need to plan your spending but I do think they could at least have had some kind of unlocks. Camo would have been a good one, that way it's more of a badge of honor instead of whose saved the most points.

TheOddOne said:
Maby I'm in the minority, but I think the COD point system is useless and it should go back to MW2 style of progression.
Maybe for cosmetic stuff, but I really like the new way for perks and attachments. Saves a lot of frustration.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
Sam Worthington can't sound like an American to save his life.
Some of the lines he completely lost his American accent. I was wondering who the hell this Australian guy was until I saw the subtitles said it was Mason. :lol

.nimrod

LabouredSubterfuge said:
I don't particularly like snipers but sniping is basically broken in this game. Add to that the fact that all the maps are anti-sniping in their construction and you kinda wonder why they put sniper rifles in the game at all.
Exactly, how can you "snipe like a real sniper" when the maps offer little to no sightlines at sniper ranges.

snap0212 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06_cJX3gnEY
You'll have to adapt, though. :)
Oh, and I'm glad you guys like the little tutorial. :)
Well, it feels like QS and noscopes are easier in Black Ops than normal sniping. I made more kills that way in my last match than by regular sniping. Unfortunately, the theater isn't working for me right now.

BattleMonkey said:
Are you holding your breath?
Yeah, but during the initial sway and sometimes when your moving, the bullet goes anywhere on the screen.
I don't want them to get rid of the sway, i just wanna see it so i can account for it. The bullet should always hit the center of my crosshair while i'm looking through the scope, anything else is bullshit.

Which map is it where one team spawns near the cocktail bar? because you can spawn camp the area in domination so badly that it ruins the map, I just quit because I was respawning in front of a enemy sniper multiple times in a row, fuck that shit treyarch.

This game is so annoying, glad I have mw2 coming on the post, fuck this game.

Two things that are just pissing me right off after a day of play today:

- Mode-specific pro perks. I fucking hate CTF - all it ends up being is both teams tac-insert in the other team's flag area. From there, about half of each team actually plays CTF. Everybody else sits in corners around the enemy team's flag, waiting for easy kills. This is mindnumbingly, soul-crushingly boring for me, but I want that Marathon Pro...
- The RC-XD. It's a fun little thing and everything, but god damn it... Enemy RC-XD incoming! Enemy RC-XD incoming! Enemy RC-XD incoming! Enemy RC-XD incoming! Enemy RC-XD incoming! Enemy RC-XD incoming! Enemy RC-XD incoming! Enemy RC-XD incoming! Enemy RC-XD incoming! The game isn't even a week old yet and that shit's already so old I roll my eyes every time I hear it now. Make it like the Grim Reaper and Death Machine, a CP-only reward.

.nimrod said:
Well, it feels like QS and noscopes are easier in Black Ops than normal sniping. I made more kills that way in my last match than by regular sniping. Unfortunately, the theater isn't working for me right now.
I definitely agree with this. The weirdo sway makes it much easier to quickscope, because the sway is much easier to handle within the first second of scoping in, than it is to pull off a regular fast snipe. If the guy moves a little and you have to adjust, you end up having to fight the sway for as long as it takes him to see you, aim and kill you.

Makes Vonderhaar's conceited comments funnier. He's all "I fixed quickscoping, I'm awesome!" but in the end all he did was make regular sniping impossible while quickscoping is just fine. :lol :lol

Edit: Oh, and switch out the unlock levels for WA2000 and L96! People who want to snipe have to wait for 27 levels to do it after each prestige now. That's bullshit. When will devs learn that nobody fucking likes spam snipers? We like bolt action. Learn it already.

snap0212

Makes Vonderhaar's conceited comments funnier. He's all "I fixed quickscoping, I'm awesome!" but in the end all he did was make regular sniping impossible while quickscoping is just fine. :lol :lol
Well, quickscoping is definitely not "just fine". :/ It's almost impossible to be consistent at it. I just tried it with bots and the problem is not that your cross-hair sways around when you zoom in, but the fact that the bullet doesn't go straight. Even if you're fast enough and press the shoot button when the cross-hairs of your scope are over his chest, you'll most likely not hit the other person.

Top Bottom