• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Mileena

Banned
snack said:
Anything on Nuketown is the worst. Shit hits the fan on that map.
I felt the same way till me and my little brother both dropped 100 on it. I've taught him well.

9Srxd.jpg

Nelo Ice

Banned
so just went 27-2 in hardcore tdm

apparently teams dont learn to not cross one of the bridges in jungle :lol

i knew the whole team was on the other side by that one high point where everyone camps
so i was just chilling on the other side of the bridge since i knew they would keep coming the same way and only one person tried to flank me and he completely failed

i ended up getting 11 straight to get my attack dogs as well and of course after i called em in i noticed the majority of the team just quit :lol

Is it just me or is there an inherent problem with the saying on the bottom:
Treyarch said:
Multiplayer: Free with every copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops

It's irritating because it's not free. It's included in the cost. I wouldn't have bought the damn game if it didn't have multiplayer. They paid developers for it, and are using profits to pay those wages. Nuff said.

They need to take that shit down. It's almost like they're mocking us out of our $60.

Smokey

Alienshogun said:
No. The sleepers were awaiting the signal order to unleash the Nova gas.

ok so wait..the numbers were for the sleepers and for mason as to when to kill kennedy, or were those 2 separate things?

fuck

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Smokey said:
ok so wait..the numbers were for the sleepers and for mason as to when to kill kennedy, or were those 2 separate things?

fuck

The numbers were a code and part of Masons programming, he was programmed to assassinate kennedy, hence the pistol flash in the pentagon. At the end of the game, as I pointed out, Mason says all the numbers, then pieces out what they mean for the player. Then you see a picture of Kennedy surrounded by people, and what looks like Mason in the crowd.

Mason DIDN'T kill the president because Reznov's additional programming messed it up.

The transmission from the boat was intended to count down for the sleepers on when to unleash the Nova gas so that the communists could invade.

Ok beat the game on hardened, story was ok but there was too many bullshit moments where it was trial and error, now I remember why I don't usually like call of duty games.

Also been playing online most of the night, there are multiple times where the enemy or your team can spawn camp the other team especially in domination, I have spawned to only die like 2 seconds after way too often, plus there are times where I will respawn in the same location 20 times in a row no matter what while the enemy will spawn randomly around the map. Terrible balance.

I've had my fun, time to sell, you will not be missed, black ops.

rodvik

jonnybryce said:
No, I want to run around like hell as I always do but not be a red dot for camping window bitches and other enemies to turn around and shoot.

Uzi? It is working very nicely for me. Seems better powered than previous COD's. Nice mobility, power a bit better than the previous 2 SMG's and it has a relatively short barrel length (helps hiding).

Not tried with Assault Rifles yet, I am hoping SMG's have a role in the game.

Loxley

Pkm said:
Haven't played single player yet, I really don't care for FPS SP games.
Zombies is pretty fun tho.

Mutiplayer is fun, but still prefer BFBC2.
So many aspects of BFBC2 trump BO but I can see the allure of BO to the masses.
It's nice to have BO since its something my 9 yr old can play competitively. Easy to use guns, generous amounts of auto-aim, spawning atop each other for increased action and easy kills for noobs to snatch up, simple to use 1 hit kill weapons etc...
I think its pretty cool how main stream and easy CoD mutiplayer has become, its nice to play a MP FPS and not get angry or feel "pwned".
Oh course for real competition and and such I'll slap BFBC2 in but to blow of steam and have a laugh CoD is great.

It's like BFBC2 gameplay is NBA Live while CoD is NBA Jam, very toungue in cheek assisted gameplay.
This is why I love listening to the shit talkers in the lobby, you'd think they just won gold at the Special Olympic.

This is a great stealth troll :lol I love it when people compare two games that have more differences than similaritites in some sort of attempt to decide which one is better. Why are you even comparing Call of Duty to Battlefield? Battlefield's focus is and always has been large-scale, team-based objective gameplay. Call of Duty's focus has always been on arcade-style small-team killboxes.

Yeah, it's easy to get kills in CoD compared to Battlefield, but that's because Call of Duty is primarily about kills (see --> Killstreaks). You're essentially acting condescending to the CoD series because it's focus is on a different aspect of team-focused shooters than Battlefield's (Call of Duty is primarily about kills, Bad Company 2 is primarily about attacking/defending objectives). Yet you're implying it's that way because it's incompetently designed.

Battlefield and CoD can't coexist apparently. Call of Duty appeals to the masses because when Joe Consumer buys a shooter, he does it because he wants to shoot people, and that's what the CoD series does best (which is why it keeps selling millions). It's no secret that for a while now, the de facto game-type in a multiplayer shooter is Team Deathmatch, it's the one people play the most. Battlefield's lack of any sort of kill-focused gametype (Squad-Deathmatch doesn't count) and constant pimping of Objective game-types pushes people away since BC2's focus is decidedly on not killing people and bragging about your K/D to your Live friends. Because right now, that's what people want to do; it's what people want out of a shooter. Five years ago it was Halo (a series that also has a primary focus on shooting people), the times change.

Smokey

Alienshogun said:
The numbers were a code and part of Masons programming, he was programmed to assassinate kennedy, hence the pistol flash in the pentagon. At the end of the game, as I pointed out, Mason says all the numbers, then pieces out what they mean for the player. Then you see a picture of Kennedy surrounded by people, and what looks like Mason in the crowd.

Mason DIDN'T kill the president because Reznov's additional programming messed it up.

The transmission from the boat was intended to count down for the sleepers on when to unleash the Nova gas so that the communists could invade.

alright thanks man. what a clusterfuck for me:lol

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Spl1nter said:
Overall COD has a pretty high guaranteed level of enjoyment and fun due to these mechanics. Battlefield as everyone knows is simply amazing when playing with friends but doesn't have that guaranteed enjoyable experience

Pretty much this. I play alone in blops but only with my friends in BFBC2. BFBC2 is simply not fun without friends.

Nard Bagman said:
I'm still waiting to play this :(

Well, one pro argument could be, if you like the MP, that the chances are higher that a patch will fix the little mess the MP is right now until you get the game. So look on the bright side.

W1SSY

I love Nuketown. By far the easiest map for I have got my chopper gunner and attack bogs multiple times on that map and usually do real good.

I've only played about 50 games so far haven't even seen all the maps and weapons and perks but yet I still find myself constantly positive with the most score yelling at the randoms on my team for being so bad. Sometimes I feel like they are just bots added in because no human beings could be that dumb and still remember to breathe!

Gah where do I apply for the GAF dream team?

Alienshogun said:
He rattles off the numbers at the very end and it breaks down to a date, and place. That's when you see the picture of Kennedy and him in the background.

Oh wow, I noticed that, but assumed that couldnt be it, so the numbers that were part of the puzzle ALL game, were literally nothing to do with the main overarching plot.

Im confused, I assumed the boat would be broadcastings those numbers, its odd that they already knew them.

I saw your clarifing post, but im still confused. :lol

xxjuicesxx said:
I've only played about 50 games so far haven't even seen all the maps and weapons and perks but yet I still find myself constantly positive with the most score yelling at the randoms on my team for being so bad. Sometimes I feel like they are just bots added in because no human beings could be that dumb and still remember to breathe!

Are you 100% that you're not, in fact, playing against bots?

Spl1nter

Loxley said:
Call of Duty is primarily about kills, Bad Company 2 is primarily about attacking/defending objectives).

Battlefield and CoD can't coexist apparently. Call of Duty appeals to the masses because when Joe Consumer buys a shooter, he does it because he wants to shoot people, and that's what the CoD series does best (which is why it keeps selling millions). It's no secret that for a while now, the de facto game-type in a multiplayer shooter is Team Deathmatch, it's the one people play the most. Battlefield's lack of any sort of kill-focused gametype (Squad-Deathmatch doesn't count) and constant pimping of Objective game-types pushes people away since BC2's focus is decidedly on not killing people

If you take a look at the two basic modes TDM and Conquest for COD and BC2, respectively you will find the basic premise and play style by pubs is the same. TDM is not about K/D, its about map control allowing you to win the round through K/D. BC2 is the same, map control wins you the round and conquest is extremely kill focused. You cant say COD is solely killed based seeing as how many objective playlists are in the game. The major difference in the games is in the spawn system. Map and weapon/movement design does play a factor especially when looking at the extremely small maps in COD but the spawn systems is the reason for major differences between the two games. They are a lot more comparable then you think.

xxjuicesxx said:

Really not a need for that imo. You're not getting paid to play the shit.

nbraun80

Major Williams said:
Is it just me or is there an inherent problem with the saying on the bottom:

It's irritating because it's not free. It's included in the cost. I wouldn't have bought the damn game if it didn't have multiplayer. They paid developers for it, and are using profits to pay those wages. Nuff said.

They need to take that shit down. It's almost like they're mocking us out of our $60.
Really? They're simply mocking the fact that there was talk about there being a subscription fee months back. Ease up.

Magik

xxjuicesxx said:

Drop your name on the online section of GAF. If you're on PSN, me and efronmofo are pretty good players.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Wow, my playercard is erased, and theater is saving someone else's games into my recent game history, wtf.

XBL version.

AmericanNinja said:
What's wrong with camping?

What's right with it?

It's a bitch way to play.

There's a difference between moving from spot to spot getting kills and simply sitting in a bush, rock, or corner the entire game not moving until you get killed, only to find another rock or bush.

It shows lack of skill and it ruins the flow of games. I can understand it in OBJ games when you are playing defense, but when you do it in TDM there's just no excuse unless you're alone playing against a party.

Edit: On another note, HOLY CRAP people suck at this game, I'm regularly in rooms with people 0.8 and under.

Mik2121

Alienshogun said:
Wow, my playercard is erased, and theater is saving someone else's games into my recent game history, wtf.

XBL version.
You sure about that? I've actually have situations where I thought exactly the same but both were because..

(Playercard erased) - It took a very LONG time to connect to the servers, so until then it would just show me as level 0 (!?) without my emblem nor anything. After about 1 or 2 minutes going back and forth from the menu to the playercard menu to everywhere.. it finally updated my info and it was all as I left it the last time

(Someone else's games) - If it's like what it happened to me, basically I kept watching some of my games and trying to find myself, without any luck. Then I remembered that I joined that game when there were only a few minutes left. I fast-forwarded and there I was :) So what the game did was to actually save the whole game even from before I joined! Dang that's pretty awesome if you ask me :p

RedStep

Nelo Ice said:
so just went 27-2 in hardcore tdm

apparently teams dont learn to not cross one of the bridges in jungle :lol

i knew the whole team was on the other side by that one high point where everyone camps
so i was just chilling on the other side of the bridge since i knew they would keep coming the same way and only one person tried to flank me and he completely failed

i ended up getting 11 straight to get my attack dogs as well and of course after i called em in i noticed the majority of the team just quit :lol
What's the difference between chillin' and campin'?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Mik2121 said:
You sure about that? I've actually have situations where I thought exactly the same but both were because..

(Playercard erased) - It took a very LONG time to connect to the servers, so until then it would just show me as level 0 (!?) without my emblem nor anything. After about 1 or 2 minutes going back and forth from the menu to the playercard menu to everywhere.. it finally updated my info and it was all as I left it the last time

(Someone else's games) - If it's like what it happened to me, basically I kept watching some of my games and trying to find myself, without any luck. Then I remembered that I joined that game when there were only a few minutes left. I fast-forwarded and there I was :) So what the game did was to actually save the whole game even from before I joined! Dang that's pretty awesome if you ask me :p

I'm positive, I just played 3 matches and in all of them it was the Majors oak leaf, not the custom alien I made, and none of my matches showed up in recent history, but when one finally did it was only 2 minutes, and it was someone else's game I wasn't even in.

Also, when I went into my player card all of my layers were cleared.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Keeps throwing me into games of domination that are nearly over and puts me on the losing team. Also, sort out re spawns died a few times yesterday because of assholes spawning right behind me.

Mik2121

Uhmm.. damn. Then I guess it was some server fuck-up. Hopefully it's not a very common error.

Man, Infinity Ward and Treyarch should team up. We need the connection quality, image quality and overal visuals of IW mixed with Treyarch's balanced gameplay, customization and fun modes :p

natedog4000 said:
Really? They're simply mocking the fact that there was talk about there being a subscription fee months back. Ease up.
:lol
How did I not hear about this. Good thing it was shot down because that would be a terrible decision, especially because the gameplay is just downright terrible.

Risette

A Good Citizen
They really need to fix the sound in this game. I can't hear anyone's footsteps other than my own and I have the sound way up, tried headphones, messed with the settings; nothing.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Mik2121 said:
Uhmm.. damn. Then I guess it was some server fuck-up. Hopefully it's not a very common error.

Man, Infinity Ward and Treyarch should team up. We need the connection quality, image quality and overal visuals of IW mixed with Treyarch's balanced gameplay, customization and fun modes :p

Really.

Nelo Ice

Banned
RedStep said:
What's the difference between chillin' and campin'?

and why should i go to the other side when the other team is too stupid to keep coming my way?

it was more well i could risk dying knowing the whole team was all in the same area or i could just let them come to me since i noticed they continued to keep crossing the bridge

so it was more like why not get some free kills until they try to punish/flank my position

edit:forgot to mention i died after i got the attack dogs since 2 ppl finally tried to flank me

then i went to on another streak and yes i ran around the map happy now? :lol

SMZC

The knifing in this game is fucking ridiculous. It's worse than in MW2. Black Ops doesn't need Commando to piss you off with knifers; the telelung with invincibility frames is still there and is still as stupid as ever. Only difference being that with the maps being much smaller and less camp friendly than MW2's, knifers have it much better than in that game to knife you, so it's much more of an annoyance (again, even without Commando). I run with an SMG class a lot of the time, and despite of having a pretty decent K/D ratio, I get knifed all over the place by AR users who are just running around like fools. I get the first shot or two on them, but the stupid lunge with its invincibility gives them the kill. I'm loving this game, I really am, overall it's a more fun and balanced game than MW2, but this knifing crap is ridiculous, and don't get me started on the respawns. Somehow Treyarch has managed the impossible: They have fucked those up even more than IW did in MW2. I just had a game where the final killcam clearly showed someone just dying and spawning literally a few feet behind my back. As ridiculous as MW2 could get, it never got THIS ridiculous.

Treyarch, fix this shit now. Your game is awesome and in my opinion better than MW2, but this crap has no excuse. While you are it, fix snipers too so they don't suck complete ass.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Oh, a tip for anyone wanting to dislodge campers, equip the jammer and nova gas.

Jammer will piss them off since they can't rely on their map, or their claymores/motion sensors anymore, and nova gas will force them from their hiding spot.

Nelo Ice

Banned
so is anyone else having probs getting randoms to take ur care package to level up hardline?

unless its something really good i just wait there and protect it until someone grabs it

last game i got a counter spy plane and no one wanted it but enemies were heading en mass to snag it so i ended up getting like 10 straight kills stopping them so hopefully a teammate would grab it :lol

nbraun80

SMZC said:
The knifing in this game is fucking ridiculous. It's worse than in MW2. Black Ops doesn't need Commando to piss you off with knifers; the telelung with invincibility frames is still there and is still as stupid as ever. Only difference being that with the maps being much smaller and less camp friendly than MW2's, knifers have it much better than in that game to knife you, so it's much more of an annoyance (again, even without Commando). I run with an SMG class a lot of the time, and despite of having a pretty decent K/D ratio, I get knifed all over the place by AR users who are just running around like fools. I get the first shot or two on them, but the stupid lunge with its invincibility gives them the kill. I'm loving this game, I really am, overall it's a more fun and balanced game than MW2, but this knifing crap is ridiculous, and don't get me started on the respawns. Somehow Treyarch has managed the impossible: They have fucked those up even more than IW did in MW2. I just had a game where the final killcam clearly showed someone just dying and spawning literally a few feet behind my back. As ridiculous as MW2 could get, it never got THIS ridiculous.

Treyarch, fix this shit now. Your game is awesome and in my opinion better than MW2, but this crap has no excuse. While you are it, fix snipers too so they don't suck complete ass.
I really don't feel that the knifing is as bad as you make it out to be. I haven't anything close to commando/tac knife...

Aigis said:
They really need to fix the sound in this game. I can't hear anyone's footsteps other than my own and I have the sound way up, tried headphones, messed with the settings; nothing.

It's a bug that Vahn has said will be addressed in the first patch.

Raelson

Nelo Ice said:
so is anyone else having probs getting randoms to take ur care package to level up hardline?

unless its something really good i just wait there and protect it until someone grabs it

last game i got a counter spy plane and no one wanted it but enemies were heading en mass to snag it so i ended up getting like 10 straight kills stopping them so hopefully a teammate would grab it :lol
I'm having trouble getting a 7 killstreak.
I'm so horrible at this game...

Top Bottom