• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Severly lost my temper with the game yesterday, was getting killed around corners all the time, so dirty when you think people don't have line of sight on you yet your still dying...

Going to upload the end of a firing range match last night, this guy kills one of my team mates then instantly turns around and fires 2 bullets from his MP5 through a window just as I walk up to it and I die, craziest shit I have ever seen (don't think he even head shotted me I just went down for some reason)

kyo_daikun said:
Severly lost my temper with the game yesterday, was getting killed around corners all the time, so dirty when you think people don't have line of sight on you yet your still dying...

Going to upload the end of a firing range match last night, this guy kills one of my team mates then instantly turns around and fires 2 bullets from his MP5 through a window just as I walk up to it and I die, craziest shit I have ever seen (don't think he even head shotted me I just went down for some reason)
Yeah, I think that a lot too. Seems like once your out of harms way you die, but I think they manage to kill you just as you make it to the clear, not that bullets are following you.

snack

I joined a FFA server and it was Nuketown on repeat. I went 30-1 in a round spawnkilling like mad with my Chopper Gunner. That map is so broken!

rareside

I've seen horses banging pigs, bunnies, men.. you name it, horses bang it!

On another note, it is an incredible feeling to be the last one on your team in S&D and then proceed to kill all 5 enemies. Probably won't ever happen again so I saved it to show my grandkids.

Guenther

Mr Nightman said:
Damn me and my friend are trying to figure out the five zombie map, but were always dying at about round 8. Any of you have any good strategies or tips? Hell if two people who know what they are doing want to join the two of us, that would be badass.
Haven´t played the game yet, but basically it should be the same like WaW.
1.) Save ammo at the beginning and use the knive
2.) Go for headshots as much as possible
3.) Repair the windows as fast as possible
4.) Stick together with your team mate(s)
5.) Try to kill as much zombies as possible with the nuke (wait for more zombies to appear, before you get that item)

Raiden

Banned
Second Chance pro is easily the best perk in the entire game! I cannot tell you how many times i got revived thanks to that.

Ghost
Sleight of Hand
Second Chance

Win!

Kyoufu

It is so easy to kill someone in Second Chance though I don't really see much use. I'd rather use Ninja or something :/

Rainy Dog

jonnybryce said:
Launch. Spawned infront of two enemies, they kill me. Spawned two feet from that spot, killed them. They spawned where I spawned, killed them again.

Wtf is this shit.

Yeah, Launch has the worst spawns in the game from my experience. There's really no excuse since it's basically a split map of two sides/ends like Ambush from COD4. But sometimes it just keeps spawning both teams on the same side.

Raiden

Banned
Kyoufu said:
It is so easy to kill someone in Second Chance though I don't really see much use. I'd rather use Ninja or something :/

Python says different, also it helps that i play 90% of the time hardcore, and 1-2 pistol shots anywhere kills a guy, python kills instantly so im pretty sure i get a kill 40% of the time im shot down.

Nuke Town wouldn't be quite so bad if people actually attempted to defend the houses right in front of them, rather than rushing through the street like a bunch of headless chickens. It'd probably be better if there was just one house, then everyone would be fighting to take control of it (much like in Estate in MW2).

I don't know if it's the spawns or just bad luck but the multiplayer is weird in this.

I'm ALWAYS being shot in the back. I feel like 7/10 times I don't even see guys who kill me. They just come running up some hallway I just checked and turned away from.

It's like "always check behind you cause we're spawning dudes there" the game.

Nabs

This game is a blast. I would love a Wager Match server config that could rotate match types. I wouldn't mind having a private wager match config/playlist for friend games.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
How long, roughly, does it take to upload a clip from the Xbox to the website? It said it should be on the site like an hour ago...

I hate playing Demolition now. There are too many people who are just in it for the kills. How 6 people cannot defend a bomb is utterly beyond me. You often feel like you're doing the whole fucking thing yourself.

SmokeMaxX

AndresON777 said:
the running dive to prone is worth 60 bucks alone. plus the dogs are back!!!
That shit's so stupid. They should change the command to run + jump + prone not just run + prone. It doesn't even make sense the way it is now and it legitimately interferes with playing normally.

snap0212

Okay, who of you is unreal030 on YouTube? :lol He posted a comment on the YouTube video where I showed how to do the NeoGAF Logo in Black Ops.

clipboard02e9rg.jpg

MarshMellow96 said:
I hate playing Demolition now. There are too many people who are just in it for the kills. How 6 people cannot defend a bomb is utterly beyond me. You often feel like you're doing the whole fucking thing yourself.
I think the main problem is that there's no game mode where you can "play to get kills" for a long time without having to wait again. Team Deathmatch is cool, but the game is over pretty fast and then you have to wait about a minute until the next round starts.

zam said:
Sup dude! Me (gamertag: z4m) and aku:jiki (gamertag: DROGTURIST) played against you on Demolition on Jungle earlier today, cool to run into NeoGAF posters randomly in matchmaking :D

I've added you if you fancy hooking up online. Could do with playing with some decent players!

Does anyone feel that they just suck now compared to MW:2 and WaW? I can barely get a decent game in. I always seem to lose in a 1on1. And I definitely cannot seem to find an Assault rifle that fits me, yet I can go positive with any SMG.

.nimrod

MarkMclovin said:
Does anyone feel that they just suck now compared to MW:2 and WaW? I can barely get a decent game in. I always seem to lose in a 1on1. And I definitely cannot seem to find an Assault rifle that fits me, yet I can go positive with any SMG.
Have you tried the AUG?
It has decent accuracy and firerate and feels more like the guns from MW2.

Dipswitch

Finished the SP mode on Hardened last night. Not a bad effort, but definitely not up to par with the MW titles. The head fuck aspect of the story telling got very old towards the end and the
Reznov
twist could be seen coming a mile away. And I really didn't give a shit about any of the characters, unlike the MW titles where I couldn't help but like the supporting cast. Production values were very good - it's just a shame that
Sam Worthington
can't act his way out of a paperbag. He can play any character, as long as he's Australian.

The missions were nicely varied, but I'm still bitter about the Khe Sahn mission with the barrels. I repeated that segment literally dozens of times and eventually had to consult a walkthrough because they did such a shitty job explaining what needed to be done. The utterly irrelevant waypoint marker didn't help.

And then inexplicably the game got buggy right near the very end - specifically Rebirth island
From the second "Reverse" perspective
. Had enemies frozen in place in the labs towards the end.

This was the first Treyarch COD title I've played and decent as it was, I won't be forking out full price for their games going forward.

Daft_Cat

I'm loving this game. The Multiplayer is very much in the spirit of COD4. Intelligent map layouts, and balanced loadout and perk options. The maps themselves have that dirty Russian feel that some of the COD4 maps had, while others, like the one in the Cuban city (name escapes me) feels a lot like Cross fire. My least favourite maps are the Vietnam ones, but at least they have an intelligible design unlike some of the cluster fuck maps from MW2. Treyarch ended what I liked to call the MW2 paradox. I felt insanely overpowered for a soldier, yet at that same time, I constantly felt like all the possible game exploits lead to me consistently having my ass handed over to me on a silver platter.

The campaign is..well..a Call of Duty campaign. I can say without hesitation that it's an all around improvement on MW2's. It has that similar outrageous feel that MW2 had but it keeps it relatively grounded by keeping the scenario's believable. In other words...decent writing (for a COD game) helps the campaign by avoiding situations in which you defend a TGI Friday's from Russian paratroopers. The level with the Blackbird is the best Call of Duty mission I've played since All Ghillied Up, hands down. Overall the campaign probably falls a notch below COD 4, but above WaW, MW2, and COD 3. I'm not sure where I'd place COD2...it's either slightly above or below Black Ops.

Great work Treyarch!

However..

Whoever is making the next COD game better shake things up though. This is like the 4th or 5th game thats felt relatively similar. We need a Call of Duty 4 level improvement if this franchise is going to continue to stay creatively fresh, although I'm sure it will continue to print money no matter what they do.

SmokeMaxX

Dipswitch said:
This was the first Treyarch COD title and decent as it was, I won't be forking out full price for their games going forward.
Not that I'm questioning your decision or anything, but I honestly don't understand people who pay full price for a game and then don't play the multiplayer or who base their financial decisions on the single player. That nets you what? ~6 hours?
I've played far more than that of Black Ops on the first night I had it and I hadn't even touched single player yet.

Numpt3

.nimrod said:
Have you tried the AUG?
It has decent accuracy and firerate and feels more like the guns from MW2.

Listen to this man. I was going through a really bad lull in games, tried the AUG and it's a beast. :D

Kyoufu said:
I would suck a dick the size of a rocket for someone to put down a turret so I can get ghost pro :(

Are you using Hacker as well? Helps a lot in trying to take down the sentry... of course, someone still has to put it down.

I'm at level 43 and have only pro'd one perk, sleight of hand... seems like there's only time in a single prestige (given you want to prestige) to 'pro' a fraction of the perks.

Xater

MrCompletely said:
Are you using Hacker as well? Helps a lot in trying to take down the sentry... of course, someone still has to put it down.

I'm at level 43 and have only pro'd one perk, sleight of hand... seems like there's only time in a single prestige (given you want to prestige) to 'pro' a fraction of the perks.

I already have 4 pro perks on level 37 I think. Almost got Hardline pro just need to share one more package. It also more likely that someone will put down a turrent when you play Domination or CTF.

Xater said:
I already have 4 pro perks on level 37 I think. Almost got Hardline pro just need to share one more package. It also more likely that someone will put down a turrent when you play Domination or CTF.

I meant they don't come naturally, you must specifically pursue them, which is awesome.

I've only got 3 pro perks (Hardened, Lightweight and Warlord). Most pro versions are a bit to much trouble to get, although Hardened Pro is amazing.

Kyoufu

MrCompletely said:

I just bought Hacker now, going to use it but the problem as you said is people not putting turrets down. :(

dakster

Neo Member
Just got the game yesterday. What's up with the footsteps? couldn't hear shit until they were on top of me. Biggest gripe by a mile. Thought it might be my headphones so unplugged them. Have a decent surround sound setup, nope! just as bad.

Maps are going to take me a hell of a long time to memorise, maybe not a bad thing. Is it just me, or are some of them fucking huge, and on multiple levels?

Spawning! Had to rage quit amongst A rage of expletives. Spawned three times in a row in front of a cobra gun ship. That's not mentioning, the amount of times someone who I just killed spawned right behind me.

I sold WAW and MW2 within the week of buying them. This time I'm going to try and persevere.

I remember when COD4 came out, I was really impressed with how far consoles had come. The future looked bright. I would say that COD4 still hasn't been bested. That said, if they fix the footsteps and spawning, this could still be a great game.

Oh! another thing, the avaters feel as if there is no weight to them, anyone else feel that?

LordAlu

This game is almost, ALMOST as bad as World at War when played on Veteran. With MW and MW2 it was hard, and frustrating, but never did it feel truly cheap. Executive Order reminds me of exactly why I never did WaW in Veteran. Poor level design, horrendous player AI, bottomless enemy pits and broken checkpoints. Ugh.

sflufan

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Is anyone else having the Steam achievements fail to unlock on Veteran? I finished the first 3 levels on Vet and I got nothing.

Same here - I finished the single-player on Hardened and didn't get the Achievement for that.

Not that I give a damn of course! :p

Mik2121

Woooooo, I just got my first hate mail because of my pink heart sight :lol :lol

"fucking homo i bet u like it up your ass f u"

Weenerz

Banned
Scavenger Pro, Warlord Pro and Marathon Pro are my three perks, don't see much reason to change them.

Semtex, Nova Gas and Claymore as well.

Top Bottom