• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Mik2121 said:
Woooooo, I just got my first hate mail because of my pink heart sight :lol :lol

"fucking homo i bet u like it up your ass f u"
Just report him and move on. :p

Playing some more tonight can't wait to unlock the AK47, an level 34 now and having a BLAST with the game its so good back to COD4 good.

I have put in more time than some people do on a part time job this week :lol :lol :lol :lol.

Mik2121 said:
Woooooo, I just got my first hate mail because of my pink heart sight :lol :lol

"fucking homo i bet u like it up your ass f u"
Do you seriously use the heart sight? It's really hard to aim with that thing.:lol

Mik2121

buy teh haloz said:
Do you seriously use the heart sight? It's really hard to aim with that thing.:lol
I do and I'm getting pretty good results too. Also I bet a lot of people gets pissed off when they see the killcam.

I will post pics in a bit, hold on.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Mik2121 said:
I do and I'm getting pretty good results too. Also I bet a lot of people gets pissed off when they see the killcam.

I will post pics in a bit, hold on.
I laughed so hard when I saw a killcam from someone who was using the heart sight. It seems like it would be hard to use. Some people were raging over their mics the whole time because of it. :lol

Mik2121

screenshot.5c63597b2fb1cd74e1f85f7c5dcb5b11ed77137c1a30ea9d.232654845233_med.jpg

I finished this game 10 - 5 because I kept checking gaf, but otherwise I've had many games with pretty good results, and while it's a bit hard to get some headshots from very long distances, having an enemy get pissed off or make them laugh is more worth it :p

(Dunno what's the deal with the screenshot.. it looks completely pixelated but obviously in-game it didn't look like that :p)

snap0212

Does anyone else have problems with the sound when uploading a video to YouTube? Seems laggy as hell. Is there a way to fix this?

edit:
Mik2121 said:
screenshot.5c63597b2fb1cd74e1f85f7c5dcb5b11ed77137c1a30ea9d.232654845233_med.jpg

I finished this game 10 - 5 because I kept checking gaf, but otherwise I've had many games with pretty good results, and while it's a bit hard to get some headshots from very long distances, having an enemy get pissed off or make them laugh is more worth it :p

(Dunno what's the deal with the screenshot.. it looks completely pixelated but obviously in-game it didn't look like that :p)

Save it to your hard drive and upload it somewhere. The result will be perfect! :)

.nimrod

Is it just me or is the aim assist in multiplayer kinda weird?
It somehow tracks enemies through walls before they run around the corner so i can see them, and sometimes it aims just right next to a guy and i'm having a hard time staying on target o_O

snap0212 said:
Does anyone else have problems with the sound when uploading a video to YouTube? Seems laggy as hell. Is there a way to fix this?
Yeah, i do have that sometimes, but i've no idea how to fix it.

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
Stallion Free said:
I'm all about going it Predator style with 3 red dots.

I like the look of that as well. However, I don't use it because I'm not sure if it's precise enough. opinion?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
My favorite reticule option is the four arrows with a dot in the middle. It's pretty precise. I also changed it to green so it sticks out nicely from everything else.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
h0pper said:
I like the look of that as well. However, I don't use it because I'm not sure if it's precise enough. opinion?
It's not really that precise , but so long as you center the target between the 3 dots when they are far away it works fine.

NIN90

snap0212 said:

edit:

Save it to your hard drive and upload it somewhere. The result will be perfect! :)

Someone took a shit all over that sniper rifle? :lol

Mik2121

snap0212 said:
I'm on the PS3 as well. :p

Found a new way:

Take a look at the link:
http://cdn.callofduty.com/theater/6...e1f85f7c5dcb5b11ed77137c1a30ea9d.232654845233_med.jpg

Now delete the bolded part and you'll get the high-res image:

http://cdn.callofduty.com/theater/6...5f7c5dcb5b11ed77137c1a30ea9d.232654845233.jpg

:)
Yeah i did at for the Nuketown pic I posted last page, but for this pic even if i take out the _med part it is still pixelated. I think it's because of the post-processing blur when you zoom-in.

LordAlu

Has anyone managed Executive Order on Veteran? This shit is really pissing me off! I've already
blown up the rocket
and am heading through the corridors of the base. At the checkpoint i'm at, I'm about to enter a room with several computers, before a long corridor, with various boxes and a room along the right with more computers.

Normally in this situation I would hang back in the small room and pick off enemies as the come down the long corridor, but unfortunately after 20 minutes of doing this it was pretty obvious it was a bottomless enemy pit. So to stop it I'm gonna have to go down the corridor, which seems impossible. Very rarely i'll make it down to the room on the right, only to get killed there.

Anyone else managed it, and if so got any advice? I'm not sure how much longer my controller can withstand being thrown against the wall!

snap0212

Mik2121 said:
Yeah i did at for the Nuketown pic I posted last page, but for this pic even if i take out the _med part it is still pixelated. I think it's because of the post-processing blur when you zoom-in.
Ah, sorry. Maybe if you wait a couple of seconds before you take the screenshot? Everything should be loaded by then and the huge pixels should be gone. Not 100% sure about that, though.

NIN90 said:
Someone took a shit all over that sniper rifle? :lol
:(

Mik2121

snap0212 said:
Ah, sorry. Maybe if you wait a couple of seconds before you take the screenshot? Everything should be loaded by then and the huge pixels should be gone. Not 100% sure about that, though.

:(
Thing is, it wasn't like that while checking the replay. I think it's doing that just where it was blurred. Guess the screenshot tool can't do certain post processing effects?

Dipswitch

SmokeMaxX said:
Not that I'm questioning your decision or anything, but I honestly don't understand people who pay full price for a game and then don't play the multiplayer or who base their financial decisions on the single player. That nets you what? ~6 hours?
I've played far more than that of Black Ops on the first night I had it and I hadn't even touched single player yet.

Multiplayer really ain't my cup of tea. The value equation may look significantly better for folks who enjoy that. If I'd enjoyed the single player more, I really wouldn't have had any issue forking out $60. I have zero regrets having done exactly the same thing for COD4 and MW2.

Dilly

Banned
Dipswitch said:
Multiplayer really ain't my cup of tea. The value equation may look significantly better for folks who enjoy that. If I'd enjoyed the single player more, I really wouldn't have had any issue forking out $60. I have zero regrets having done exactly the same thing for COD4 and MW2.

Wow, I seriously wouldn't even consider buying these games for SP alone.

todahawk

After hearing all the shit about MP, I finally got around to trying it out last night. Very pleasantly surprised at how much I like it. Seems balanced even though I'm very low level. Enemies go down pretty easily with the 16 and MP5, no real problems with lag or framerate.

Levels are nicely laid out, not a lot of cheap kills so far.

Anyone know what websites are showing MP stats? Didn't see a spot on the offical BO site..

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I got a hate mail from someone accusing me of modding because I was using an MP5K with Rapid Fire. :lol

So good.

That playercard is WRONG :lol

I just got the game willing cam twice by going crazy at 7400 score because I really wanted them. Was exhilariting, you can do anything you put your mind to!

One of them was with RC, I boosted right away and screamed ITS MINE AGAIN BITCHES. And so it was :D

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
The FAL would be so awesome if the general laggyness of this game wasn't terrible. It's good when it works, but if one or two bullets doesn't connect even though you're aiming right at them, you're screwed. And the killcams piss me off in the game even more than MW2.

Also I miss the xp bar at the bottom and my file share clip won't appear on the website.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Aggrotek said:
here is my player card:

http://imgur.com/esYrh.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That one is great too. I wish I had the patience the make an awesome emblem. I only have a 2 layer one with a shield and a fist.

[QUOTE=NameGenerated]
Also I miss the xp bar at the bottom.[/QUOTE]
Me too but you can check it when you hit start.

snap0212

Really seems like very few are using the NeoGAF player card. Haven't seen anyone online who uses it. I'll probably keep it since I don't have any ideas for good ones. :)

.nimrod

I really wish there was a perk that allowed you to survive a melee attack, or that it at least would take 2 knife swings unless you knife someone from behind.

KiKaL

Anyone else on PC having trouble getting into Zombie games? It usually says it finds 19ish games. Trys to join. Sometimes it joins the lobby and then usually seems to disconnect me or something. I've only been able to successfully get into one game.

TheOddOne

Fuck the enemy spawns in Veteran, I'm not dying because of me doing something stupid its the games fucking fault.

If I don't progress, I get more enemies. When I try to progres, I get shot from every angle possible.

I'm done with this game in multi, I think. It has just as many flaws as MW2 but without any of the really cool shit to make up for it. I spawned four times earlier in the sights of an enemy. Atrocious.

It honestly amazes me people think this is an improvement.

LordAlu said:
This game is almost, ALMOST as bad as World at War when played on Veteran. With MW and MW2 it was hard, and frustrating, but never did it feel truly cheap. Executive Order reminds me of exactly why I never did WaW in Veteran. Poor level design, horrendous player AI, bottomless enemy pits and broken checkpoints. Ugh.

I've beaten ever CoD to date on Veteran.

Not this one.

I think it may be the hardest one yet. There are parts on normal where I died multiple times.

KiKaL said:
Anyone else on PC having trouble getting into Zombie games? It usually says it finds 19ish games. Trys to join. Sometimes it joins the lobby and then usually seems to disconnect me or something. I've only been able to successfully get into one game.
Yes, its hard as hell to get into a game.

Raiden said:
Second Chance pro is easily the best perk in the entire game! I cannot tell you how many times i got revived thanks to that.

Ghost
Sleight of Hand
Second Chance

Win!

Same here, but it ROYALLY pisses me off when Im downed and there is a dude standing right over top of me and doesnt revive me!!!!

.nimrod

PRO-TIP: Jump-crouching through windows or onto ledges is way faster and safer than climbing since you can still aim and shoot!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Foliorum Viridum said:
I'm done with this game in multi, I think. It has just as many flaws as MW2 but without any of the really cool shit to make up for it. I spawned four times earlier in the sights of an enemy. Atrocious.

It honestly amazes me people think this is an improvement.
I'm getting there too. I just spawned twice in a hotzone and then lagged out of my next match. I was at school for MW2, so I did have like T1 or whatever, but it was bandwidth capped and I never ever saw lag.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
jonnybryce said:
Yeah, I think that a lot too. Seems like once your out of harms way you die, but I think they manage to kill you just as you make it to the clear, not that bullets are following you.

It's that disguised lag. Just like when they see you for a full second or two before you see them.

NameGenerated said:
The FAL would be so awesome if the general laggyness of this game wasn't terrible. It's good when it works, but if one or two bullets doesn't connect even though you're aiming right at them, you're screwed. And the killcams piss me off in the game even more than MW2.

Also I miss the xp bar at the bottom and my file share clip won't appear on the website.

Exactly, when you have a good connection it dominates, but in games with lag 6 bullets to get 3 to register = you a deadman.

Animator

Kyoufu said:
I would suck a dick the size of a rocket for someone to put down a turret so I can get ghost pro :(

I finally found one yesterday after like 10 hours of searching for it. Never prestiging again.

Top Bottom