• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

AcciDante

That
russian roulette
scene lost any intensity for me because of Worthington's absolutely awful voice acting in that part. It's so awful!

"you fucking son of a bitch. I'm gonna kill you all." in the most deadpan delivery, with an australian accent.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Ok, so Scorpion is a beastly gun. And I didn't want to unlock it! Much better than any SMGs so far and yes, I've unlocked AK-47.

DryvBy

PS3 Question:
The frame rate, so far, has been just fine, but the lag seems to be really weird. I've ran into several issues with stabbing people, where a charge and knife ends in a miss. I've also ran into me shooting people over and over, yet they someone kill me and on the kill replay, I missed all my shots. Anyone else experience this?

DryvBy2 said:
PS3 Question:
The frame rate, so far, has been just fine, but the lag seems to be really weird. I've ran into several issues with stabbing people, where a charge and knife ends in a miss. I've also ran into me shooting people over and over, yet they someone kill me and on the kill replay, I missed all my shots. Anyone else experience this?

Everyone is experiencing this some of the time.

_Bro

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Yes, I've seen The Deer Hunter. That's hardly the most subtle intertextual reference!

It was still well done and cool to witness from that perspective.

Then hopefully you've seen Red Dawn and The Rock, too.

sflufan said:
Apocalypse Now

Pretty much a reference you can count on being in a post MW1 CoD game.

Wow. Check this out.

GdLYl.png

.nimrod

Why the fuck do people keep knifing me in the back in gungame instead of shooting -.-

Also, if everybody else leaves, the last guy gets nothing o_O

Max

I am not Max
My xp went off screen earlier today too, it sorted out

.nimrod said:
Why the fuck do people keep knifing me in the back in gungame instead of shooting -.-

Also, if everybody else leaves, the last guy gets nothing o_O
because it makes you go down a level. HUMILIATION!

.nimrod

Max said:
because it makes you go down a level. HUMILIATION!
Yeah well, i know that, it just doesn't make sense. If i haven't seen the other guy and he's behind me, why doesn't he shoot to get his next weapon?

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
NinjaFridge said:
You're willing to buy an impossible scenario where not one country bothers to tell America that some crazy shit is on the way, that nobody notices the entire Russian army preparing for a massive war, but you're not willing to buy brainwashing ala MK ULTRA was successful?

You know, countries prepare for & have plans for invading a country.
It's not out of the question of making a surprise attack on America before they could fully mobilize their army to counter the invading forces in time.

One thing I dislike about Black Ops story is the revisionist history they have throughout.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
FTWer said:
It's not out of the question of making a surprise attack on America before they could fully mobilize their army to counter the invading forces in time.

One thing I dislike about Black Ops story is the revisionist history they have throughout.

But to mount and carry out an invasion without anybody else noticing?

FTWer said:

Except the way it's done in MW2 is completely and utterly bullshit. It would be completely impossible for them to have invaded America without anyone knowing. To get the invasion force within range of the US would take history's largest flotilla of ships ever, and that is not going to not go unnoticed in construction, deploying it, or getting it to the US. Invasions of such scale are never by surprise, most large invasions throughout history were seen days/weeks in advance since it's impossible to hide the prep for such a task. The invasion would be weeks in the making that anyone would clearly see happening.

Even the magic box in MW2's story still does not account for the countless other detection methods. Nor does it account for the face that the reasons for the invasion were beyond ridiculous as well.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
zero margin said:
damn that sucks, they were only in the third prestige too.

Only? Shit i'm on level 33 and i thought i was doing good. Way to make feel like shit GAF, i'm gonna go listen to some Linkin Park. You guys don't get me.

Aesthet1c

Sorry guys, I hate to be "that guy" but I'm thinking about buying the PC version, and wondering if anyone is running Black Ops with a similar setup to mine:

8800 GT 512MB Video Card
Intel E6750 @ 3.2ghz
4GB DDR2 RAM

I meet the requirements, but just barely it seems. I don't want to buy the game if it's going to be a slide show.. so if anyone has anything similar and the game is playable at medium-ish settings, let me know.

Aesthet1c said:
Sorry guys, I hate to be "that guy" but I'm thinking about buying the PC version, and wondering if anyone is running Black Ops with a similar setup to mine:

8800 GT 512MB Video Card
Intel E6750 @ 3.2ghz
4GB DDR2 RAM

I meet the requirements, but just barely it seems. I don't want to buy the game if it's going to be a slide show.. so if anyone has anything similar and the game is playable at medium-ish settings, let me know.
Just to be sure run the test yourself:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

NinjaFridge said:
Only? Shit i'm on level 33 and i thought i was doing good. Way to make feel like shit GAF, i'm gonna go listen to some Linkin Park. You guys don't get me.

They were going to go to fifteenth prestige playing 24/7. In that context they barely scratched the surface.

i can not count the times the host got migrated ending in a lost connection. Cancer fuck.

YOU HAVE TO GIVE ME MY FUCKING POINTS OR MAKE SURE THINGS ARE DONE FUCKING RIGHT

The Dutch Slayer said:
Yeah got that once just a glitch in the end no problem.

btw http://www.ustream.tv/machinima

They just got banned from XBL because MS thought they where cheating, they have been playing non stop 24/7 since day 1 but still that is bad :(:(:(.
I feel for them, they really are trying to become first to 15 prestige.

It's back up now. I've been watching this on and off. Entertaining in small doses

TheOddOne

AcciDante said:
That
russian roulette
scene lost any intensity for me because of Worthington's absolutely awful voice acting in that part. It's so awful!

"you fucking son of a bitch. I'm gonna kill you all." in the most deadpan delivery, with an australian accent.
I wish they just did the full scene from The Deer Hunter.

SmokingBarrelX said:
It's back up now. I've been watching this on and off. Entertaining in small doses
Yes it is and that is way I mentioned it, its nice to watch for max of 30 min and/or have it on in the background.
I do hope for them that they make it to 15 first because man if they are 2nd or 3rd in the world they wil be soooo mad :lol.

Pretty sure the recent patch they put out for PC has made multiplayer completely unplayable for me, non-stop stutter for the entire match (even single player is like that now) :( Really hope they get this shit together quickly.

Edit - Also, the question got buried, so here it is again :D On the 360, i can do theater mode with some friends and we can all watch the same replay and laugh hysterically at the stupid shit that goes on. I cant seem to find the option to watch a replay with friends on the PC, is this possible ?

_Bro said:
Then hopefully you've seen Red Dawn and The Rock, too.
Not Red Dawn, but I know what it's about and realise it was a big influence on the game. I loved attacking that prison and imagining I had Sean Connery by my side, however! :lol

I'm not sure what you're getting at, though? I realise that the games have big references to other mediums, but that doesn't take away the fact that experiencing it first hand in a game makes those moments unique and special in other ways.

One of my favourite moments in Black Ops is the mission where you
go down the river with the Stones playing.
Basically a massive love letter to Apocalypse Now, but still wonderful. I didn't like the fact the song restarted if you died, though. Kinda took me out of the moment. My own fault for being so retarded and not seeing some targets, I guess. :D

Najaf said:
I love how you cannot name a custom class "assault", but they let you drop Nazi or Naz1 into your clan tag. Really people?
You're not able to call a class assault because one of the default classes is already named that. It's not because Treyarch deemed it profane or whatever.

Dilly

Banned
johnFkennedy said:
You're not able to call a class assault because one of the default classes is already named that. It's not because Treyarch deemed it profane or whatever.

My custom class is called Assault on PC. :/

Kyoufu

Why the fuck doesn't the youtube upload feature work. I've tried uploading it twice and nothing on either the COD theater page or youtube :/

The 30 second render limit sucks dick too.

survivor

Banned
So I have been trying to get Ninja Pro in the last couple of days. I already finished 2 of the challenges, but I don't understand the other challenge. It says I need to get the Backstabber Medal. Is that a medal for getting the most backstab knife kills in a match? If so anyone got any tips on an easy way to do it? I already have one but I have no clue how I got it.

bathala said:
Finally got ak47u, after sticking with the default sub/with no attachment.

I hope its worth it.
It's a good all around gun, little weak at max range but control your shots and you will kill fast with it. It's also called an ak74u, people forget that the number is reversed :p

Wow weird glitch while on hardcore team death-match. I died then I re-spawned in 3rd person mode. lol It was thought to kill someone because there is no reticule in hardcore mode.:lol

survivor said:
So I have been trying to get Ninja Pro in the last couple of days. I already finished 2 of the challenges, but I don't understand the other challenge. It says I need to get the Backstabber Medal. Is that a medal for getting the most backstab knife kills in a match? If so anyone got any tips on an easy way to do it? I already have one but I have no clue how I got it.

You need 5 backstabs total all-time using Ninja.

yoopoo

Banned
survivor said:
Ninja Pro is borked in this game, no can hear each other's foot steps. Ninja Pro does not increase enemy foot steps...they're still silent.

Top Bottom