• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

T'Zariah

Banned
Say what you will about BO's story but it will never even come close to MW2's stupidity of having the
Russian's invade America from the EAST COAST!!
I honestly wonder what in the fuck was IW thinking when they thought of that scenario.

Kyoufu

zero margin said:
They didn't give enough incentive imo, yeah there are a few things at the end but I'm not going to be playing this long enough to prestige 14 times to see it. A new nameplate ain't worth it.

Yeah I felt this way even in COD4. Not sure why they don't give any real incentives to prestige in these games. Would it break the game to get more guns/perks in prestige?

Kyoufu said:
Yeah I felt this way even in COD4. Not sure why they don't give any real incentives to prestige in these games. Would it break the game to get more guns/perks in prestige?

Isn't there a prestige playlist in Black Ops? I could have sworn I saw that in one of the lobbies. Like it goes, core...bare bones....and then prestige is at the bottom.

Dennis

Banned
I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE THIS SHIT!

GRENADE SPAM!

Who the fuck thinks this is a good gameplay mechanic in 2010?

They fixed it in MW2 and now its back!

Fucking cheap bullshit.

Risette

A Good Citizen
DennisK4 said:

GRENADE SPAM!

Fucking cheap bullshit.
Tried flak jacket? It's really effective against grenades.

Kyoufu said:

If you're prestiging for guns or perks, then you're not doing it for "prestige." This game needs less unlockables, not more. The game is fun. That's more than enough reason to keep playing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kyoufu said:

The game already rewards people who can grind more, ala an MMO. If Prestige meant super weapons/perks, it would basically mean anyone buying the game a week after it came out would be unable to play the game online without being cannon fodder.

BuddhaRockstar said:
So I unlock sleight of hand pro, use it for quite awhile, go in to change my setup, and notice somehow I didn't complete all the requirements to unlock it. I change perks, try to go back, and now it's just regular sleight of hand.

Dammit.

Also, the requirements for some of these are so, so bad. Marathon- 15 flag caps and 10 first bloods? That takes an extraordinary amount of skill/luck, it should have been 5.

Thats actually pretty easy, I did the flag caps in maybe 6 match's as no one seems to bother, and first kill is sprint like a bastard and pray but it wasn't impossible atall, much like ninja pro with aircraft as no one seems to care about the air zone so i was racking up 1k-2k+ in points shooting stuff down per match!

This was actually going to be my first CoD I've ever prestiged in, but some of the requirements for pro perks and the grinding it takes for CoD points makes me think I won't.

DennisK4 said:

GRENADE SPAM!

Fucking cheap bullshit.
The respawning enemies are back in full force too in a lot of places.

GillianSeed79 said:
Isn't there a prestige playlist in Black Ops? I could have sworn I saw that in one of the lobbies. Like it goes, core...bare bones....and then prestige is at the bottom.

There is, but last I checked it had around..800 people or so in the TDM one. So definitely not one you go to if you want quick games to join.

Honestly, I prestige because it gives me something to shoot for. I'll do what I did in the last CoD's and stop at whatever symbol I think looks the coolest.

RedSwirl

DennisK4 said:

GRENADE SPAM!

Fucking cheap bullshit.

At least I won't have to deal with it in 32 player games anymore. Jesus Christ.

Does anyone else, on the ps3 at least, sometimes get killed by what looks like trailing or laggy hit boxes? I swear, you'll take cover behind a corner and then get killed. When you see the kill-cam, you'll see that you died behind cover while his crosshair is still shooting at your original location. On top of that, it's through objects that should not be penetrable like a brick wall.

RedSwirl

RedSwirl said:
At least I won't have to deal with it in 32 player games anymore. Jesus Christ.

No seriously. Try playing Shipment with 49 other grenade spammers. After that shit I'm okay with whatever I get.

itsgreen

DennisK4 said:
AND AGAIN AND AGAIN WITH THE GRENADES

Seriously, this how controllers get broken.

For me it is when I'm basically just out of my spawn in MP... Covering a threshold or an area, knowing they can't come from behind.

And suddenly they switch spawn places and enemies are spawned 10 meters behind me. Destroying my killstreaks...

bdouble

itsgreen said:
For me it is when I'm basically just out of my spawn in MP... Covering a threshold or an area, knowing they can't come from behind.

And suddenly they switch spawn places and enemies are spawned 10 meters behind me. Destroying my killstreaks...
yeah seems likek this happens more in this game than others. I guess its ok. Before you could predict where they were going to spawn as your team was just sweeping the whole map.

DennisK4 said:
AND AGAIN AND AGAIN WITH THE GRENADES

Seriously, this how controllers get broken.
I'm playing the game on Veteran (for the trophies) and it is insanely stupidly frustratingly hard. There's no joy in playing it on that difficulty.
I thought this had a short campaign. I've been playing for hours and I wonder if I'm half way through. :lol

UFRA

In MW2 my KDR was 1.79.

In this game it's 1.19......

I think it solely has to do with the spawn points. I swear people spawn behind me, I'm shot in the back half of the time in games like Domination, TDM, etc... where there are infinite spawns.

In games like Search and Destroy, all is well since we all get 1 life and spawn on opposite sides of the map.

With Sleight of Hand Pro it won't make you scope in quicker with a thermal scope on an M16, since it's a scope, right? Or it just doesn't work for sniper rifle scopes?

Core is the shit, this has to be the best addition to any cod game ever. It still bothers me that they included Napalm as a killstreak when it is so detrimental to gameplay.

Note: I don't get why everyone loves this campaign, it has to be the most boring pile of poop to come from a call of duty game. (unless it really steps it up after the first third)

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Got my first Tomahawk kill today. Hit him right in the foot for the insta-death :lol

Thought I'd show it in screenshots since I can't upload clips right now.

Looking out the window
6nfQG.jpg

I saw someone, tomahawk time!
OYNf0.jpg

Incoming!
amnpt.jpg

Watch your foot!
MOFfu.jpg

Rest in peace friend
RthSm.jpg

For the win :D
myhrY.jpg

cuevas said:
Core is the shit, this has to be the best addition to any cod game ever. It still bothers me that they included Napalm as a killstreak when it is so detrimental to gameplay.

Note: I don't get why everyone loves this campaign, it has to be the most boring pile of poop to come from a call of duty game. (unless it really steps it up after the first third)

Yeah, well it steps up in the last 3rd and ends pretty quick after it gets good. From a gameplay perspective its probably the weakest CoD campaign so far, but from a story perspective I was kinda hooked.

I'm going to prestige all the way [currently 1st prestige, level 26], and the way I see it... Once I'm at the end of my prestige, I'm just going to spend all of my CoDPs unlocking all the nameplate / emblem layers and graphics. I mean.... it's all going down the drain the second I hit the prestige button anyway. Treyarch should have left your money alone, IMO.

Belfast

AFAIK, you keep your emblems/nameplates, you just don't get the option to change them again until you unlock each individual piece.

AcciDante

I seem to have a shitty connection in this game a lot of the time. Are their some settings I could configure on my router to make it any better? I normally never have this problem :/

jlevel13

SUPARSTARX said:
How do I take screenshots during games? Printscreen? Where do the files go to afterward?

F12

they go to Program Files / Steam / steamapps / common / call of duty black ops / main / screenshots

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Beat it today. It was alright, no GOTY for me.
I saw the Fight Club ending coming because of some of the dialogue. With the "Mason, what the fuck are you doing". That made it pretty obvious."

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Aigis said:
Tried flak jacket? It's really effective against grenades.

Ding Ding Ding, it's all I use. It's come into its own now that a bunch of people are using launchers and tubes again, but me, I'm not scared, I'm immune to fire!

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
is there anyway to enlarge text? cos due to shitty wireless i have to play my ps3 online using an SDTV with an Ethernet cord. Most of the text is unreadable.

secondly, it feels as though in multiplayer i pump a lot of bullets into people and they dont go down then they nick me 3 times and i die straight away. I know i'm shit but i've never experienced it to this extent before.

They have seriously GOT to fucking fix the party issues. My party of 4 have played a total of 2 games in an hour when we're not getting randomly booted.

And then when we finish a game, people leave the lobby and we sit there watching no one else join.

How does a fucking game ship like this.

Belfast said:
AFAIK, you keep your emblems/nameplates, you just don't get the option to change them again until you unlock each individual piece.
That's what I'm saying... Since your emblems, callsigns, and other graphics stay, but your money goes down the drain, you might as well buy that last layer, new callsign, etc. once you reach the final level of the prestige you're currently on.

AnEternalEnigma said:
They have seriously GOT to fucking fix the party issues. My party of 4 have played a total of 2 games in an hour when we're not getting randomly booted.

And then when we finish a game, people leave the lobby and we sit there watching no one else join.

How does a fucking game ship like this.

Yeah, it's not good at all. My clan is really struggling to get games together which is pretty frustrating.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I went back to playing MW2. I couldn't stand how long it took me to find games, spawn issues, and lag. MMmm I love clusterfuck.

Ramirez

Y2Kev said:
I went back to playing MW2. I couldn't stand how long it took me to find games, spawn issues, and lag. MMmm I love clusterfuck.

Spawning and lag are just as bad in MW2, I really don't know what game some of you are playing.

IceMarker

The only things I want Treyarch to fix is A) Spawning and B) Sniping, as in increase sniper damage so that it's actually worth it to snipe in maps that don't have many positions to snipe from. Oh and increase ranked player count to 24 and unranked to 28/32... and fix Zombie mode lobbies.

Ramirez

So, I got a Valkyrie rocket last night on Jungle and every time I would fire it, it would blow up in my face. I'd respawn and still have 2 shots in it, I did this about 5-6 more times before giving up. It stayed in my inventory the whole match as well, which I'm pretty sure it's supposed to go away after a death or a set amount of time no? Anyone else had this happen to them? I was trying to see if it was like the old Javelin glitch, but I never could get anyone close enough to me to test it out. :lol

Jrmint

Haven't beat the single player yet, but I think that
escape from the Russian labor camp
mission was the best CoD mission I've ever played.

What do you guys think?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ramirez said:
So, I got a Valkyrie rocket last night on Jungle and every time I would fire it, it would blow up in my face. I'd respawn and still have 2 shots in it, I did this about 5-6 more times before giving up. It stayed in my inventory the whole match as well, which I'm pretty sure it's supposed to go away after a death or a set amount of time no? Anyone else had this happen to them? I was trying to see if it was like the old Javelin glitch, but I never could get anyone close enough to me to test it out. :lol

Either pull the trigger and immediately release then pull again to detonate, or hold it down then release when you want it to explode.

You're effectively detonating it in your face.

As for it still being there, I believe it death machine, and grim reaper are all ones you keepm until you use up.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Ramirez said:
Spawning and lag are just as bad in MW2, I really don't know what game some of you are playing.
I don't play for a ton of time, so my sample is small, but I never spawned in front of the person who just killed me in MW2. This happens regularly to me in BO. Especially (well, primarily, since i get it ALL THE TIME) on Array.

Top Bottom