• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

yoopoo

Banned
Alienshogun said:
Decent at? It's essentially the M16/famas from other iterations, the 3 round burst is near instant with no gaps. It's laser gun.
I was considerably better with M16/Famas in the previous game compared to G11...this game not running at 60 fps is fucking up my aim.

sdornan

Just finished the campaign. It was decidedly mediocre. The ending was fucking dumb.

"It's too late to back out now... slam it in!"

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Ramirez said:
Spawning and lag are just as bad in MW2, I really don't know what game some of you are playing.

This games TDM spawning in 100x worse than MW2's ever was. Have you not seen any of the videos of people from opposite teams spawning behind each other over and over again? Have you not been in a match where the game keeps spawning both teams on the same side of the map 50 feet apart when the other side of the map seems to be completely empty?

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that I've been killed within a few steps of my respawn more times in the last week than in all 40 or so days of play I put into the previous 3 COD's.

Dresden

Why are the smgs asides from mp5/ak74u/skorpion so garbage. :lol I dumped some cash and played around with them, and they're like peashooters.

Also nabbed a death machine and went on a six kill streak to end a match. Got the game winning killcam challenge w/ death machine done. I've never gotten a grim reaper though, I have no idea how good that thing is.

Chopper gunner is so hilariously awesome in Jungle.

aristotle

Ok seriously. Why do NO console games (save for KZ2) have the ability to filter servers from different countries? I can't play a single damn game without the host being in EU or Brazil (wtf?!) and it kicking me. It's not that damn hard to give me an option to ONLY play with people in my country. It's 2010 already. Lazy devs.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
aristotle said:
Ok seriously. Why do NO console games (save for KZ2) have the ability to filter servers from different countries? I can't play a single damn game without the host being in EU or Brazil (wtf?!) and it kicking me. It's not that damn hard to give me an option to ONLY play with people in my country. It's 2010 already. Lazy devs.
There is a local option only..

Works for me.

aristotle

user_nat said:
There is a local option only..

Works for me.

I don't see that in the PS3 version. We also don't have the load MP as default option.

Edit: NM. It's hidden not in the options menu (wth?) but in another menu. That makes no sense.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Accidentus said:
Man, Chopper gunner + Domination + Nuketown = not fun for the other team. It's not even fair really.

Nuketown is fucked on every mode except ffa. Domination has the worst spawns on that map even without chopper gunner lockdown.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
aristotle said:
I don't see that in the PS3 version. We also don't have the load MP as default option.

Can't see why they wouldn't include it in the PS3 version.

On 360 you press back (select on PS3) before searching and it brings up a couple of options.

The FN FAL with a thermal scope is probably the best sniper rifle in the game. After getting frustrated a bit in Hanoi I switched a class with this gun and didn't die the rest of the match. It's ridiculous how easily it kills at long range.

ZeroRay

I think this game is better than MW2 in terms of multiplayer. If they fix the problems mentioned in this thread, we can have something great.

Too bad the inconsistent multiplayer framerate on PS3 is killing my desire to keep playing for more than a match. Gonna trade my copy in for GT5 and get the 360 version somewhere down the line.

Nelo Ice

Banned
sigh tdm seemed like so much fun until the last 3 games where enemies kept spawning behind or me or the other team was just camping to high hell by rotating corners around the same building

G-Fex

I got my ass kicked hard in SP, in that hong kong level with the rooftops. I haven't been beaten this bad since the Washington level in MW2.

I also tried the M16 contracts today. Didn't work out so good. I can't seem to win a fire fight against an automatic weapon. Hit detection is another thing that's bothering me. I could land one burst from the M16 then miss the second, even though the guy isn't moving that much. Seems like I'll be sticking to full auto. :/

Also, has anybody else had this problem with the semi-auto weapons not firing correctly? It also seems to happen with the M16 too. I can fire 2-3 shots/bursts no problem, but it seems to skip a shot sometimes. Never had that problem with the FAL in MW2.

dwin45

JaysGamePlex said:
they need to fix spawns and the stutter, then this will be a great game.
Pretty much. As it stands right now, the game is a lot more balanced than MW2 (weapons, perks, killstreaks). If they can fix the spawn and lag/framerate, the game would be almost perfect.

bdouble said:
this this this. BO >>>>MW2 because spawns and lag can be tweaked. Getting killed by constant killstreaks and one man armies in MW2 was never going to be fixed.

This is a better core game and more fun to me.
Of course those things could be tweaked, that doesn't mean it will. They tweaked a lot of other stuff too. And I'm getting killed constantly by kill-streaks in BO and, I'm sorry, but good hit detection is a big must for these types of titles and while MW2's could have used some improvement, BO's could use a lot. I don't know how they managed to play this game for two years and not notice some of these things.

Dresden

Man, the WA2000 surprised me. Went 31-3 on WMD, tdm.

Also played around with Second Chance Pro a bit, it feels kinda cheap--got sniped, went down, but before he could take a second shot I ADS'd his head poking out of a window and gunned him down. Then someone came by and revived me. :lol

Got Into some ps3 games tonight. Had by far my longest session playing since I picked it up and I am enjoying it more than any of the previous cod gems this gen. I looooooove the contracts and it seems like there re so many interesting gem types (like one bullet, and the wagering stuff).

Flunkie

Banned
Just played a hacked match with guys zipping around everywhere mega-fast, score limit was ridiculous (got to 7500 and the little meter in the bottom was like barely moved), you got an RC car with one kill, dogs with two, and a Huey with three.

Fucking insanity. It was more funny than anything though. Ended up getting disconnected about 15 minutes in. 360 btw.

Rainy Dog

Dresden said:
Why are the smgs asides from mp5/ak74u/skorpion so garbage. :lol I dumped some cash and played around with them, and they're like peashooters.

Also nabbed a death machine and went on a six kill streak to end a match. Got the game winning killcam challenge w/ death machine done. I've never gotten a grim reaper though, I have no idea how good that thing is.

Chopper gunner is so hilariously awesome in Jungle.

The Spectre and MPL are both miles better than the MP5 and Scorpion and at least on par with the AK47u.

Everdred

Flunkie said:
Just played a hacked match with guys zipping around everywhere mega-fast, score limit was ridiculous (got to 7500 and the little meter in the bottom was like barely moved), you got an RC car with one kill, dogs with two, and a Huey with three.

Fucking insanity. It was more funny than anything though. Ended up getting disconnected about 15 minutes in. 360 btw.
Wow, can't wait for more of this garbage.

Salsa

Finished the campaign on Hardened, PC version.

Guess what ? it was fuckin great! granted not as good as the MW ones, but still.

Story is the usual excuse to let you do cool set piece shit, but it works for its purpose, even if the "twist" was too obvious. Its the same tough B-movie (disguised as a AAA budget film) that its just enough for these games.

I really enjoyed it, you COD campaign haters are really missing out in some of the most over the top silly fun to have on an Single Player FPS. I might jumping on the Multiplayer fun, but im having my doubts since performance on my rig wasnt top-notch. We'll see.

edit: you know what i really didnt like about the campaign though ? the times it takes you out of the first person view to do some cinematic crap. Way to fuck up the immersion :/

I like this game but I am getting so frustrated at the lag. Shooting people is just a big fucking tossup. Who knows, maybe that rifle burst or 7-10 SMG bullets will register, maybe the game will just decide you weren't shooting after all, who knows?

the game just feels incredibly random with any type of close quarters stuff. The way you aim and choose to shoot seems to have very little effect upon if you get the kill/point or not.

zlatko

Banned
I was just watching a YT video of Elpresador play for laughs when I noticed something 100% different for his killstreaks than my own.

When he used a chopper and mortar team he didn't have to pick spots on the map for them. It just auto did it and racked up kills.

When I get those kill streaks I have to tell the chopper where to go and the mortars I have to place all 3 shooting spots manually.

How do you make it auto ?

zlatko said:
I was just watching a YT video of Elpresador play for laughs when I noticed something 100% different for his killstreaks than my own.

When he used a chopper and mortar team he didn't have to pick spots on the map for them. It just auto did it and racked up kills.

When I get those kill streaks I have to tell the chopper where to go and the mortars I have to place all 3 shooting spots manually.

How do you make it auto ?
I noticed that too, I think it's because he was in theater mode and it doesn't show up in that mode.

zlatko

Banned
Mr Sandman said:
I noticed that too, I think it's because he was in theater mode and it doesn't show up in that mode.

Oh okay. He was still moving really fast after calling them in was what threw me off, but that does make sense.

Top Bottom