• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
kamspy said:
Seems like a good stand-in for nhancer. I haven't been able to run it for a while. Hopefully this thing works just as good.

Wasn't there Nvidia profiles for AO in the other CoDs? Pretty sure there was.
Yeah, Nhancer doesn't work with the drivers that have been released for the past couple months so I use that instead.

AO is supported through the drivers with the engine.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Jubbly said:
Getting the flag caps took me about two hours on a full PC server... You guys must really suck :lol :D :lol

im playing on 360...

unless im playing with friends its a pain in the ass to cap flags with randoms

mYm|17|

I'm seriously disappointed in the lack of a Vietnam flag for my playercard considering Vietnam is part of the game...........smh

ScrubJay said:
Something about this game that bothers me is the lack of explosions. I don't mean that in the MW2 way of getting tubed, I'm glad that is gone. But when I'm in a firefight and a car blows up to me, there's no boom at all to it, you just hear a bang and the car is suddenly ruined. MW2 car and gas tank explosions had such a pretty explosion to it. The napalm air strike is another offender, you can't even really see that bombs were dropped, you just hear planes in the air and a wall of flame sprouts from the ground with nothing in between. The little touches of polish here and there are distracting from the game in my opinion.
Just one more reason why Infinity Ward blows Treyarch out of the water.

Koroshi said:
Just one more reason why Infinity Ward blows Treyarch out of the water.

Infinity Ward in their prime, yes. Way better devs. I mean look at the Player Card stuff in COD:BO. Hahaha So generic.

It's going to be interesting to see how IW's next title comes out.

Alienshogun said:
Examples?

The inclusion of last stand. Considering they're wanting to remedy the annoyances found in MW2, the inclusion of it doesn't make sense. What makes it even worse is the fact there are so many frames of animation for the person to drop which are invulnerable. Doesn't really make sense.

I think the removal of stopping power is a mistake. I think player movement speed is too quick for the number of bullets it takes to kill someone. I have been frustrated with shooting someone only for him to turn a corner and escape. The amount of assists I get is laughable!

Because of the number of bullets it takes to kill someone, the number of times I just get knifed as increased a great deal as well. Leaving me incredibly frustrated.

The tweaks don't have to be that great, not a massive overhaul at all but it definitely needs one.

The spawn system is quite ridiculous and I believe it will lead to a more camping style of play as people are aiming to preserve killstreaks and are unsure of how to control a map.

Hixx

Digital-Hero said:
I miss the "Stopping Power" Perk. It better be in Modern Warfare 3. It takes too long to kill someone from a non-headshot.

No. No, no, no. No stopping power/juggernaut is why this game is so good.

connection interrupted ruined my evening.

what is the reason for this? servers? Losers who quit? whaaaat?. it's not my connection.

Just give me the points i had till that moment god-dammit. That way you at least get something for this sufering.

For the most part I'm really enjoying the game. There's a lot of stuff here that's really interesting and I'm digging the depth of customization the game allows. With that said, the lag and spawning is making this game almost unplayable lately. Right now I feel like there is no skill needed anymore, everything is based on luck. I can be playing really well but then the connection decided to crap out on me and putting a full clip into someones back isn't enough to kill them. I can clear the room of all enemies, but suddenly the game makes me the enemies spawn point, putting the entire team around me at every angle (it's actually worked to my advantage a couple of times).

I'm also curious, is anyone getting good results with the Light Machine Guns? Maybe it's the lag issue still at work, but I feel like they do less damage than the sub-machine guns. That, coupled with the weight, long reload, high recoil and slow aiming are really turning me off. A shame since I normally keep an alt class with heavy weapons.

I would like to also throw some love towards the decoy grenades, those things are great. It's so satisfying to lure people into an ambush, or throw them down an alternate path to loose whoever is trailing you.

rezuth

Heavy's Sandvich said:
The inclusion of last stand. Considering they're wanting to remedy the annoyances found in MW2, the inclusion of it doesn't make sense. What makes it even worse is the fact there are so many frames of animation for the person to drop which are invulnerable. Doesn't really make sense.

I think the removal of stopping power is a mistake. I think player movement speed is too quick for the number of bullets it takes to kill someone. I have been frustrated with shooting someone only for him to turn a corner and escape. The amount of assists I get is laughable!

Because of the number of bullets it takes to kill someone, the number of times I just get knifed as increased a great deal as well. Leaving me incredibly frustrated.

The tweaks don't have to be that great, not a massive overhaul at all but it definitely needs one.

The spawn system is quite ridiculous and I believe it will lead to a more camping style of play as people are aiming to preserve killstreaks and are unsure of how to control a map.
I gotta say that I have had the exact opposite problem, it seems no matter how far around a corner I got I always end up getting killed by someone who started shooting at me just as I turn a corner.

rezuth said:
I gotta say that I have had the exact opposite problem, it seems no matter how far around a corner I got I always end up getting killed by someone who started shooting at me just as I turn a corner.

Don't get me started on the lag!

Do you not find the same problem of getting around 5-6 hit markers and the guy just goes around the corner?

Weenerz

Banned
Don't feel like prestiging since I'll be dumping this game for Cataclysm, not feeling like leveling back up to 50 a second time.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Digital-Hero said:
Infinity Ward in their prime, yes. Way better devs. I mean look at the Player Card stuff in COD:BO. Hahaha So generic.

Custom emblems more than make up for the "stale" player cards. The freedom treyarch gave us is pretty awesome.
Digital-Hero said:
I miss the "Stopping Power" Perk. It better be in Modern Warfare 3. It takes too long to kill someone from a non-headshot.

BS. It's 3 shots with most rifles , 2 with semi auto rifles, 1 with snipers and I believe 3-4 with SMGs.

Basically everyone has stopping power now.

-viper-

Banned
HixxSAFC said:
No. No, no, no. No stopping power/juggernaut is why this game is so good.
Exactly. Same player health, same weapon damages.

MW2 was incredibly unbalanced. Black Ops feels great to play, when you find a lag free game. Too bad the game is a technical mess on the PS3. Feels so laggy online. The framerate turns to shit in some of the maps.

BTW is it me or does the Commando suck? It shoots like a bullet every second. The fire rate feels slow. Especially when I'm in a close quarters situation, I always seem to lose the firefight.

FAMAS rocks though.

Damn I suck at this game :/
Any tips? I run and try to flank but most of the time get gunned down without even seeing anyone. If I try to play slower I get knifed.
Am level 12 right now and playing it on PC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

-viper-

Banned
Melhisedek said:
Any tips? I run and try to flank but most of the time get gunned down without even seeing anyone. If I try to play slower I get knifed.

use a silencer with the FAMAS so its harder to detect you.

or stick with your team mates? sometimes when I run and gun on my own, I always get overwhelmed by 3/4 guys.

Digital-Hero said:

I quite liked MW 2 but stopping power and juggernaut should be gone period from the COD series. I don't want to ever see those perks return and would consider not buying any future editions that have them. They are just completely lazy and destabilize the perk variety. Just my personal take. And this game is more feature packed than any title IW ever did on the multiplayer. The stat tracking alone blows away the old games.

I don't really but into the Treyarch versus IW attitude that seems to permeate these threads.

Weenerz

Banned
Melhisedek said:

Stop running everywhere, take your time. Not saying camp, but you don't have to be in a hurry to get kills. Utilize lean, it is very helpful.

Weenerz said:
Stop running everywhere, take your time. Not saying camp, but you don't have to be in a hurry to get kills. Utilize lean, it is very helpful.

Yeah, this is something I need to get better at coming from MW2. You need to take things slower, especially on these maps where people you need to look 360 degrees before crossing, breathing, existing, etc.

Weenerz said:
There was a twitter post that said they had some guys working specifically on this issue. So hopefully soon.

I hope so! It's what's keeping me from getting the game now... especially when I hear all these spawn death/kill stories.

Heavy's Sandvich said:

Your firsy point makes me think you haven't played this game enough... I've killed people who are falling into last stand plenty of times. I love the way Treyarch handled Last Stand / Second Chance this time around.

At this point, anyone who chooses RC-XD over Spy Plane is a moron. I've getting depressed at how many times I'm the only guy putting up radar whereas the jagoffs on my teams drive the RC-XD around and usually get themselves killed with it.

RJNavarrete said:
Your firsy point makes me think you haven't played this game enough... I've killed people who are falling into last stand plenty of times. I love the way Treyarch handled Last Stand / Second Chance this time around.

I'd say I've played around 10-12 hours on pc, probably 4-6 on playstation 3.

Red Blaster said:
At this point, anyone who chooses RC-XD over Spy Plane is a moron. I've getting depressed at how many times I'm the only guy putting up radar whereas the jagoffs on my teams drive the RC-XD around and usually get themselves killed with it.

It's almost a guaranteed kill. The lag makes it very hard to shoot and the thing moves fast enough to always reach it's target. I don't use it, but I can't fault anyone who does.
I will say it has no business being a 3 kill streak though.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Red Blaster said:

I agree, on another note, if you have flak jacket and jump or dive when the rc gets near you it won't kill you.

Tkawsome said:
It's almost a guaranteed kill. The lag makes it very hard to shoot and the thing moves fast enough to always reach it's target. I don't use it, but I can't fault anyone who does.
I will say it has no business being a 3 kill streak though.

RC-XD further encourages selfish gameplay, Spy Plane should really be the only 3 killstreak available.

At the higher levels the gun selection is just TOO good. Ive only just painstakingly made the choice to use the Commando over the AK47, and now im wondering if I should use the G11.

I love it when my 'problems' with the game are this nice. :D

I think I've resigned myself to rearranging my den to get a wired connection in the hopes that it will reduce the networking errors I've been getting since launch. Obviously, a wired connection is better, but it means lugging all my networking shit, desk, PC and modem into my den. I liked my wireless set up, because I could have my PC stuff in my bedroom. My den is going to look like a dorm room at this point.

I'm guilty of using the RC sometimes because it's so damn fun to use. But the spy plane gets me more kills on average so I use that most of the time. Helps a lot in search as well.

But in modes where there is respawningyou gotta be a bit of a prick to choose the RC, lol.

Red Blaster said:
RC-XD further encourages selfish gameplay, Spy Plane should really be the only 3 killstreak available.

Call of Duty has always been about selfish gameplay. Sadly. That's why most of the tactical matches I've played end up being a small group of people accomplishing the mission with a majority of the rest just trying to up their kills. Even that small group of people attempting to score are still doing it by themselves. Heck, I just played a capture the flag match where one of my teammates complained about me scoring. He wanted the points for Marathon and got angry because I took the flag and won the match.

Hold on a second, im on the Xbox version of the game, and the tally reads at just over a million people playing the game. On a Tuesday night!?? That must be broken right?

iNvid02

bobs99 ... said:
Hold on a second, im on the Xbox version of the game, and the tally reads at just over a million people playing the game. On a Tuesday night!?? That must be broken right?

nope, the counter was off a few days ago but the latest playlist update is accurate. COD=POPULAR

Red Blaster said:

It's annoying when I find out I'm the only one on my team who uses Spy Planes (or shoots them down for that matter). On the plus side, whenever I hear that the enemy is using the cars I know that they won't be getting many Spy Planes up.

mcrae

Stoney Mason said:
This.

People are morons. I will tell people before I even throw down the care package that they can have it so I'm not cheating them or anything by leaving crappy stuff. And they still won't get it. But of course before this when I actually generally want what's in the care package everybody rushes it trying to get it before me. Frustrating. I could have had the pro version right now but a bunch of my care package just have been taken by the other team since nobody on my team will get them.

just throw your packages near where teammates are and run off to go fight more. its really not hard at all and doesnt take more than 3, maybe 4 games, unless you suck and dont get 3/4 kill kill streaks very often

Weenerz

Banned
bobs99 ... said:
At the higher levels the gun selection is just TOO good. Ive only just painstakingly made the choice to use the Commando over the AK47, and now im wondering if I should use the G11.

I love it when my 'problems' with the game are this nice. :D

Get the G11 you fool!

The M.O.B

Tkawsome said:
Call of Duty has always been about selfish gameplay. Sadly. That's why most of the tactical matches I've played end up being a small group of people accomplishing the mission with a majority of the rest just trying to up their kills. Even that small group of people attempting to score are still doing it by themselves. Heck, I just played a capture the flag match where one of my teammates complained about me scoring. He wanted the points for Marathon and got angry because I took the flag and won the match.

Pretty much, everybody is trying to up their e-penis err i mean K/d ratio, that this is exactly what you get 95% of the time with randoms.

The game doesn't reward people enough for doing the objectives. 1 Flag capture should be worth 10 kills, etc things like that. Make people want to do the objections and not just go for kills.

I know the law of the land in COD is a rush to get your best killstreak and anyone who tries to play the game correctly by capping points or planting bombs is a jerk :lol

That said, they could make changes that would encourage better teamwork, stuff like making the Spy Plane the only 3 killstreak available. I think the Blackbird should've been a 6 killstreak, only seen it once. They could also do things like making kills being worth basically nothing and having objectives being where all the major XP is.

Weenerz

Banned
Red Blaster said:
I know the law of the land in COD is a rush to get your best killstreak and anyone who tries to play the game correctly by capping points or planting bombs is a jerk :lol

That said, they could make changes that would encourage better teamwork, stuff like making the Spy Plane the only 3 killstreak available. I think the Blackbird should've been a 6 killstreak, only seen it once. They could also do things like making kills being worth basically nothing and having objectives being where all the major XP is.

They have put things into the game to encourage teamwork, you get bonus experience for capping flags and headquarters. Limiting killstreaks, while fun for you and a select group of other gamesr, might not be the right course for the majority. They like to have the chance to choose a less linear path.

Top Bottom