• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

-viper-

Banned
Melhisedek said:
Damn I suck at this game :/
Any tips? I run and try to flank but most of the time get gunned down without even seeing anyone. If I try to play slower I get knifed.
Am level 12 right now and playing it on PC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
another thing:

hardline perk 1 and have UAV and counter UAV as your killstreaks. UAV really does get me half my kills.

Weenerz said:
They have put things into the game to encourage teamwork, you get bonus experience for capping flags and headquarters. Limiting killstreaks, while fun for you and a select group of other gamesr, might not be the right course for the majority. They like to have the chance to choose a less linear path.

But those aren't enough. In fact, it's typically far easier to just kill dudes and aim for big killstreaks than cap points when it comes to objective modes.

mcrae said:
just throw your packages near where teammates are and run off to go fight more. its really not hard at all and doesnt take more than 3, maybe 4 games, unless you suck and dont get 3/4 kill kill streaks very often

I got it but it definitely took me a lot longer than it should have. People would just run away from it even when I annouced free care package and was around them. The other team got just as many as my team did.

I feel like I owe Treyarch a bit of an apology. I kind of went out swinging criticism towards them the first couple days of release. Now that I've had it a week, unlocked some good stuff, unlocked the modes I actually want to play (Hardcore) and learned the maps a fair bit, I have begun to have a great time! I am finding the game to be much better balanced, even than CoD4. I could easily dominate a few of the maps in previous CoD games whenever I learned an exploitative strategy. I don't really see anyone doing that with Black Ops, at least not yet.

Also, the extra stuff like the theatre and stats I thought were totally fluff at first. However now that I have actually used them, I think that they are a great addition.

Good job Treyarch!

Now just make Veteran difficulty mode not so controller-breakingly-frustrating and I'll love you forever.

Max said:
Goddam these 24/7 Nuketown servers are ridiculous :lol
I got stuck in one earlier today. The kids kept voting Nuketown non-stop.

Normally I'd be pissed. But I was playing Domination on that map and really it was quite fun! :lol

Belfast

Wow, first time I've ever been ragekicked. Wonder if I should consider that a badge of honor or not.

WEST COAST PUB server on the PC, BTW. Must have some pussy admins.

Ive literally been in lobbys (xbox) where ive played nuketown 5 times in a row, to be fair I left after that but it probably lasted longer. I actually love playing on Nuketown though, so I would have stayed there longer if I didnt need to stop playing. :lol

-viper-

Banned
blindrocket said:
I feel like I owe Treyarch a bit of an apology. I kind of went out swinging criticism towards them the first couple days of release. Now that I've had it a week, unlocked some good stuff, unlocked the modes I actually want to play (Hardcore) and learned the maps a fair bit, I have begun to have a great time! I am finding the game to be much better balanced, even than CoD4. I could easily dominate a few of the maps in previous CoD games whenever I learned an exploitative strategy. I don't really see anyone doing that with Black Ops, at least not yet.

Also, the extra stuff like the theatre and stats I thought were totally fluff at first. However now that I have actually used them, I think that they are a great addition.

Good job Treyarch!

Now just make Veteran difficulty mode not so controller-breakingly-frustrating and I'll love you forever.
treyarch deserve criticism for not allowing a secondary PSN id to sign in the PS3 for split screen online.

Max

I am not Max
blindrocket said:
I got stuck in one earlier today. The kids kept voting Nuketown non-stop.

Normally I'd be pissed. But I was playing Domination on that map and really it was quite fun! :lol
Yea I was just racking up kills/challenges/streaks

Whats the playercount for ground war? Every populated server on PC has 18, even on Nuketown

Im really digging the multiplayer so far. I find myself getting a lot more kills than in MW2. I probably never exceeded 20 or so kills in MW2, just got 39 on Nuketown, and am getting tons of killstreaks. Maybe I'm just starting to figure out how to play better, or the game is easier or I'm using better weapons, but I'm really having a great time with it.

PSN is Apocalyptatron if anyone wants to add me.

Had some awesome games with GAF last night. Even managed to get Chopper Gunner a couple of times. Very rare for me. XD Seems like more people are making an effort to shoot them down. Every time I call one it gets shot down pretty fast.
Really wish these clips could be a minute long.
CHOPPA!

dwin45

Aggrotek said:
Hacker Pro is so awesome. Enemies just take the care package no matter what, every time.
It's a nice perk to have. Is there any way for an enemy to tell that it's been hacked?

Also, does anyone else feel like the shotguns aren't strong enough? They seem pretty much worthless because they aren't even a one shot kill from like 15 feet away.

Kyoufu

dwin45 said:
It's a nice perk to have. Is there any way for an enemy to tell that it's been hacked?

Also, does anyone else feel like the shotguns aren't strong enough? They seem pretty much worthless because they aren't even a one shot kill from like 15 feet away.

Can't remember the last time a shotgun didn't 1-shot me close range. They are pretty awesome in close range encounters.

I love Nova gas. Had a guy camping a second story sniper spot near A on Training Ground in Domination. I knew he was up their with Ghost on as he had killed me previously, so I waltzed over, tossed a canister of gas up with him and as I was walking away got "assisted suicide". :lol

dwin45 said:

Spas def needs work. Its weak as hell.

Jubbly

RJNavarrete said:
Spas def needs work. Its weak as hell.

Whaaaaaaaaaat??! Silenced SPAS-12 is a one-hit kill anywhere on the body in close range, and two from mid, and cannot be heard whatsoever. In fact, it is the quietest gun in the entire game, which is completely ridiculous.

jiien

-viper- said:
treyarch deserve criticism for not allowing a secondary PSN id to sign in the PS3 for split screen online.

You must be serious, since it would be a poor joke otherwise.

You do realize that has nothing to do with Treyarch? The XMB is "integrated" with these games, and the whole PS3/PSN system only allows you to sign into one PSN ID at a time on a single console. How would you expect to be able to sign into two IDs at once...? PSN ID authentication is through Sony, not through Treyarch.

Dresden

Shotguns are fine... it's just that lag will screw you over the most out of any weapon type. Nothing like putting two on the chest with the Olympia, only for them to "survive" and stab you.

I haven't noticed much difference now that we don't have stopping power. As it turns out, automatic weapons still kill so fast it's almost imperceptible. Snipers got hit the hardest by SP's removal, but the L96 still kills with a gutshot so it's fine. Just get rid of the initial scope-in sway.

I really wish the Wager Match modes were available as regular ranked matches. As it stands, there are hardly any PC servers in Australia running Wager matches, and the buy in is way too high if you haven't saved up heaps of CP.

Server-side hotfixes that went live for the 360 and PS3 versions on Tuesday:

· Prevention of killstreak selection getting disabled in Combat Training under rare conditions
· Array: Added collision to prevent players from partially clipping into a tree
· Launch: Added collision to prevent players from strafe jumping onto an invisible ledge at the base of the rocket near B3
· Summit: Added collision to prevent players from jumping to a location outside of the map boundary when in Custom Games where player speed is maxed out
· Havana: Added collision to prevent players from jumping onto an invisible ledge above a doorway at C2
· Nuketown: Adjusted a spawn point that would spawn players on top of a mannequin’s head when that mannequin was randomly spawned in that location

Kyoufu said:
I hope the patch improves the net code. The lag is killing me. Literally.
This is honestly the worst netcode in any game I've ever played online. I don't understand how they could have ignored something so significant to the experience. While MW2 was broken, at least it was consistent. =P

Lunchbox said:
yes they're gonna rewrite the code in a 4mb patch bruh
Since you're just being an ignorant dick to someone that didn't do anything to deserve it, I'll point out just how ignorant you are. This isn't textures, models or anything like that. It's just code and a 4MB patch would be huge. The executable for the multiplayer portion of BO isn't even 8.5MB. A patch that large would be the equivalent of them re-doing all the code for half the multiplayer game. I doubt they even touched that much from modifying it from WaW's code. Your daily programming lesson.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Quick question guys.

In some games I see two of the same gamertags but the second one has a 1 next to it. Are these players playing split-screen?
Yes. If you notice that when you're starting up multiplayer but before you search for a game, on the right side of your screen it'll say that you can turn on another controller for split-screen.

Dresden

Wow. G11 with the scope is superior to every sniper rifle. And the low-powered scope works with sleight of hand pro, since it's an assault rifle. :lol

Dresden said:
Wow. G11 with the scope is superior to every sniper rifle. And the low-powered scope works with sleight of hand pro, since it's an assault rifle. :lol
It seriously annoying that I can't snipe with a sniper rifle but people can pick me out with every other type of gun from far off like it's nothing. If I manage to get a hit, it's not even a one-shot half the time. Why'd they make snipers completely useless? I don't like it. =(

Also, I still can't make a clan tag. >=(

grap3fruitman said:
Yes. If you notice that when you're starting up multiplayer but before you search for a game, on the right side of your screen it'll say that you can turn on another controller for split-screen.
I know, I saw that. I just didn't know what gamertag would show up when you actually play online.

Now I know.

jiien said:

You do realize that has nothing to do with Treyarch? The XMB is "integrated" with these games, and the whole PS3/PSN system only allows you to sign into one PSN ID at a time on a single console. How would you expect to be able to sign into two IDs at once...? PSN ID authentication is through Sony, not through Treyarch.

Not sure where you got this information,but it's completely false. There are already released games that allow you to sign with two PSN IDs. Resistance 2 for example.

Chuckie

jiien said:

If I remember correctly you could sign in with two PSN's with little big planet.

Edit: Beaten hard.

Top Bottom