• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

todahawk

aku:jiki said:
yer auto-aim blurb a few pages back

I'm assuming you were screwing with me the other day. I found and turned off aim-assist in the multiplayer options last night and set the sensitivity up to 7. Died a bit more than usual but had a couple of matches with my best k/d.

edit: and i did much, much better at long distances. lots more headshots.

moojito

Always-honest said:
Have they ever tried a multi player map that is just a large box? No cover, nothing.. just a floor and 4 walls. Image the chaos in such a map. Nuke Town would seem like a vacation paradise.
pave.gif

ctf-andaction.jpg

ctf-andaction. 1v1 UT instagib map. Good times!

SmokeMaxX

The Hug Dog said:
I honestly didn't know there was such a thing
Yeah, after WaW (never played 3), I realized that Treyarch was > than IW (at least in terms of community support). IW is more aesthetically pleasing (CoD4) and has great ideas, but Treyarch is better at providing things that people like (fun modes, game balance, feeling of not randomly dying, great maps, great support).
Like seriously, CoD's silenced G3 knife bug is STILL unfixed and honestly if something like that happened in BlOps, I think Treyarch would've already fixed it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Always-honest said:
i just noticed this now.. but you level up differently for each gamemode?
I'm level 32 for Free for All en level 30 for Team Deatmatch..??

No, it simply records your last rank when you played that game mode.

regs

moojito said:
ctf-andaction.jpg

ctf-andaction. 1v1 UT instagib map. Good times!

oh god, I used to play Instagib so much. Haha the chaos that would happen in this map, or even CTF-BarnBurner. Ah the memories.

Mik2121

Damn, this game is just so much fun when playing solo multiplayer without having to worry about connection issues.

Anyway, I just finished a match and recorded 3 small sequences put into a single clip, so hopefully it's soon available on Youtube.

EDIT - Wow! That was fast. It's on Youtube already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVOl12d5WzU

This game has some really funny moments thanks to the community (the people that takes this as a game and not as some srsbsns thing)

Mik2121 said:
Damn, this game is just so much fun when playing solo multiplayer without having to worry about connection issues.

Anyway, I just finished a match and recorded 3 small sequences put into a single clip, so hopefully it's soon available on Youtube.

EDIT - Wow! That was fast. It's on Youtube already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVOl12d5WzU

This game has some really funny moments thanks to the community (the people that takes this as a game and not as some srsbsns thing)
:lol that last climb on the ladder was great. Happens sometimes.

dorkimoe

probably going to beat single player then trade/sell this game in. Just cant get into the multiplayer anymore, i think its stale now. Not to mention the maps are to small to even call in care packages anymore it seems. Finally got a care package and then it was stolen the second it landed :(. im sure they are the same size as mw2, but they just seem so small now :(

I am absolutley loving this game. The mutiplayer really is just orders of magnitude better than MW2.

I think MW2 might stay healthy as at times this game seems to be harsh to players that enjoyed the crutches than MW2 offered to help their game.

Xux

Does Hacker (Pro) hide you from the motion sensor? Does anything? I've been wondering about the motion sensor and camera spike, but don't really use Hacker yet. Can they be countered?

Hacker Pro hides you from the Motion Sensor and the unhighlighting from IR part of Ghost Pro does the same with the Camera Spike.

I've recently made the switch to rolling with Flak Jacket all the time myself. It makes the game a much better experience, when you're not dying from RC's every 20 fucking seconds. :D

I like hip firing the ground in front of me so they panic and detonate out of the kill range for Flak Jacket which is, like, right on top you. :lol

I also ended up on the opposite team as my friends for some dumbass fucking reason while they were rediscovering tube in this game and tore them up. They were, like, "They need to remove that shit it's so unrealistic."

Xux

panda21 said:
i like how the spetsnaz helicopter is a cobra.

fucking treyarch :lol

I don't think any of the air support is dependent on faction. It's always U2s, Phantoms, B52s, Cobras, Hueys, and Hinds for their respective killstreaks.

panda21

well i guess for the things with no equivalent like the ac-130 they kind of have to, but i'm pretty sure in 4 when you called in helicopter support the model it used, if not the voice acting, was different depending on the team.

i dunno maybe i'm wrong but having the spetsnaz use a cobra when there are perfectly good russian helicopter models in the game seems dumb

NinjaKixx

Banned
The connection is still horrible on my 25MB line but getting sleight of hand pro has helped to decrease the frustration. I hate it when I'm shooting at someone and hits arent registering, then looking at the replay in theater and seeing my sights were a full inch off...:lol (PS3)

Xux said:
I don't think any of the air support is dependent on faction. It's always U2s, Phantoms, B52s, Cobras, Hueys, and Hinds for their respective killstreaks.

In MW2 depending on which faction you were, you'd get a different helicopter for the chopper killstreaks.

Example
- Havoc/Apache for chopper gunner(depending on the faction you either got a steady cycle of fire or a double tap fire, forgot which one did which)
- Hind/Cobra for attack chopper

kaizoku said:
As someone who reached a decent level on MW2 and spent like 12 Full days on it or something, I find this a lot harder to get into. It feels different and less accessible and it feels like the people who have played it loads have a higher advantage than those just starting.

I've always argued that on MW2 every starting loadout/weapon is just as useable as all the later weapons, they just require a different skillset or style of play to master. This doesn't feel the case with BO. I feel at a disadvantage to guys who have earnt more COD points and have spent it on cool stuff or perhaps spent theirs better instead of squandering them.

I also played a level where the other team just seemed to camp out in an area and made it real difficult for the other team to approach as we were coming from narrow alleys and their visibility was just massively superior to ours.

I haven't taken the same time to master the maps and everything yet but so far I don't really feel like I have as much incentive to bother.

Is everyone loving it then? Any tips on getting over the "this is not MW2, start again" syndrome?

I felt very similar to you at first, but once you adjust to the new feel its much more fun (in my opinion). But I agree 100% the latter weapons are so much more powerful than the early ones you cant really compete. :/

derder

Ok so I've had enough with the hit detection. I cannot play this game and have fun anymore. I'm going to have to sell it.

I bought this game to play with my xbox friends and I can't even get that to work half the time.

oes anyone know if the PC version is any better with the dedicated servers? Also, is the performance fixed? My HTPC gaming machine and 360 are on the same tv so the transition from subHD to 720p shouldn't be as jarring.

Really bums me out that when I start prestige I'm not going to have a lot of time with the G11 in my Blops career. That gun is just insanely easy to get kills with.

Nabs

derder said:
Ok so I've had enough with the hit detection. I cannot play this game and have fun anymore. I'm going to have to sell it.

I bought this game to play with my xbox friends and I can't even get that to work half the time.

oes anyone know if the PC version is any better with the dedicated servers? Also, is the performance fixed? My HTPC gaming machine and 360 are on the same tv so the transition from subHD to 720p shouldn't be as jarring.

What are your specs?

Chrange

Banned
Damn Theater mode...I continually find myself compelled to search clips/films/screens filtered by "includes me" just to see if I did anything interesting :lol

sturmdogg said:
After playing Black Ops the past couple of days, I just realized my K/D ratio is better than when I was playing MW2...like waaay better. On any given TDM I would usually get 1.x ratio, sometimes 2.x, but in MW2 I would consider getting 0.5 to be a good round. Anyone else experience this?

I don't know if it's the maps or what, but I'm definitely not complaining :D

Yeah, and during the first month after launch of SFIV I was actually able to win several random matches in a row. Now, not so much. The player base will evolve, the dedicated will get waaay better, and the crappier players will tend to get frustrated and stop playing (like me probably).

derder said:

Of course dedicated servers are better. As for performance, it's still not phenomenal, but if you have a strong quad core you should be fine.

Anerythristic said:
I decided against it finally last night. Feels good.

After three or 4 prestiges in MW 2 and many more in COD 4, I'm over that aspect of things. I want the extra class slots but I'll make do with 5. Once I unlock everything the first time I'm done with that.

SmokeMaxX

Patrick Bateman said:
Won my first "One in the Chamber"-match right now. Really nice.
One in the chamber is super fun unless you have people that just camp the entire match. One time on nuketown a guy camped right behind a spawn point and knifed me when I spawned <_<.

But yeah, for people who need tips for One in the Chamber, always be ready to aim and if the other person sees you first, start strafing to get them to miss. From there, you can take your time aiming if that person doesn't have any more bullets (which is likely). They'll have to either close the distance towards you, giving you an easy shot, or run away.

Top Bottom