• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Mirimar

Rainy Dog said:
Flak Jacket looks to be extremely effective going by this video from robocho on the denkirson boards. Two successive grenades from a launcher and he's still standing :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtuGH_ZeCgw

I think it needed to be this effective though, otherwise wouldn't have been worth a perk 1 slot.

That same channel now has a video detailing the next commando class involving the Ballistic Knife :lol Looks pretty broken

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2tJ4Qag3xE

Mirimar

Mr. B Natural said:
Shoulda gave tactical insertion streamers and balloons cause it isn't obvious enough.
Yea, not sure how you're supposed to hide that blinking red light anywhere. So much for the "tactical" part

Repgnar

Enjoyed that commercial a lot more than the 'Everyone's doing it' commercials. Kobe with the mamba grenade launcher. :lol

Mr. B Natural said:
Pretty nice commercial. Definitely grin inducing.

I loved it. Im pretty suprised no one else has done that before (?) that kind of ad would fit so perfectly with just about every multiplayer game.

Noob Tube made me sad though.

That bladerunner perk loadout looks like they realized how fun the care package/knife bug was and made a way for it to exist in game in a more balanced state.

LabouredSubterfuge said:
What's that?

Basically in MW2 used to be that you got a speed boost when holding the care packages smoke grenade, and it stacked with lightweight and marathon pro, gave you like twice the default running speed and turned you into a velicoraptor. Awesome fun.

I am fucking pissed beyond belief right now. I put in for vacation time next week since my sister is getting married next Friday and I figured I'd take the whole week off to play some Black Ops while I was at it. Turns my old boss forgot to sign off on the request before she left for her new job. I put the request in like three fucking months ago. I only get 10 vacation days a year that you lose if you don't take them. I have 5 left I was saving for next week. I can only take one next week since someone else is on vacation. That means I'll only have four left that god knows when I'll be able to use because everyone requests time off during the holidays. God fucking damnit I'm pissed.

Snapshot King said:
Basically in MW2 used to be that you got a speed boost when holding the care packages smoke grenade, and it stacked with lightweight and marathon pro, gave you like twice the default running speed and turned you into a velicoraptor. Awesome fun.

I remember now. It got patched out though (thank fuck).

Nizz

GillianSeed79 said:
I am fucking pissed beyond belief right now. I put in for vacation time next week since my sister is getting married next Friday and I figured I'd take the whole week off to play some Black Ops while I was at it. Turns my old boss forgot to sign off on the request before she left for her new job. I put the request in like three fucking months ago. I only get 10 vacation days a year that you lose if you don't take them. I have 5 left I was saving for next week. I can only take one next week since someone else is on vacation. That means I'll only have four left that god knows when I'll be able to use because everyone requests time off during the holidays. God fucking damnit I'm pissed.
It'll be ok, man! There's still weekends, evenings. Maybe you can put in for around Thanksgiving time.

Risette

A Good Citizen
.nimrod said:
smh, I really don't get why they put in a knife lunge again. It wasn't in WaW, right? It certainly wasn't in COD4 and it was perfectly balanced that way.
Didn't the bayonet have a little bit of lunge to it? Or did it have a quick recovery. Can't remember.

Aigis said:
Didn't the bayonet have a little bit of lunge to it? Or did it have a quick recovery. Can't remember.
Yeah I'm pretty sure it had some lunge. Not ridiculous commando shit. I miss the bayonet. I was hoping they'd bring it back, but it would probably be paired with the ML shit.

Mush

From the Kotaku comments section:
blehbleh13 said:
If this were real, Kobe would be the only one shooting and everyone else would either be watching him or defending.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Nemic77

coolcole93 said:
Saw this posted on the official forums. All the gold guns and one or two CHROME guns as well. I didn't even realise chrome was in the game - they all look fantastic..

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=2N4QndAVs1I

EDIT: well, it seems as if the game has been hacked. Some scumbags playing zombies using shotugns with never-ending ammo.

Please Treyarch no. http://www.justin.tv/atomsk220#/w/523898816

Chrome appears to be an error, not a buyable cammo. Looked nice though...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
coolcole93 said:
Saw this posted on the official forums. All the gold guns and one or two CHROME guns as well. I didn't even realise chrome was in the game - they all look fantastic..

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=2N4QndAVs1I
This is what the guy that created the video said about the Chrome guns. Looks like we can't actually get it. :(
Chrome isn't a hoax, the game didn't load properly for some reason, and it loaded the reflective part of the gold camo, but not color, hence the disc read error. 

Mush

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Mush said:
Why does nearly every AR seem to have the same Iron sights?

They look like attachable ironsights, which I don't know if they were used at the time (pretty sure they weren't), but WOULD appear identical. Especially if the weapon has a rail mount.

But I'm talking realism in a COD game, so yeah, nevermind. :lol

RoboPlato said:
This is what the guy that created the video said about the Chrome guns. Looks like we can't actually get it. :(

Damn, that's a shame. Treyarch, if you're still prowling this thread looking for videos to remove, let me tell you that Chrome guns would be EPIC. Accidentally or not, everything needed for them is apparently already on the disc anyway :p

Also, while you're making the Chrome camo could you ban those hacking wankers? Stop the problem before it spreads to online..

coolcole93 said:
Damn, that's a shame. Treyarch, if you're still prowling this thread looking for videos to remove, let me tell you that Chrome guns would be EPIC. Accidentally or not, everything needed for them is apparently already on the disc anyway :p

Also, while you're making the Chrome camo could you ban those hacking wankers? Stop the problem before it spreads to online..

I remember reporting a bunch of kids for using the Javelin glitch in MW2.

feelsgoodman.jpg

LabouredSubterfuge said:
I remember reporting a bunch of kids for using the Javelin glitch in MW2.

feelsgoodman.jpg

This time last year I'd have just lol'd at MW2 failing and moved on. But Treyarch have out so much effort into this year's COD and fixed so much shit that they don't deserve their game to be hacked. If it turns into a mess I'll feel kinda bad for them. And pissed off as I go 0-100 against a guy with a fully automatic exploding tip sniper rifle with homing bullets.

coolcole93 said:
This time last year I'd have just lol'd at MW2 failing and moved on. But Treyarch have out so much effort into this year's COD and fixed so much shit that they don't deserve their game to be hacked. If it turns into a mess I'll feel kinda bad for them. And pissed off as I go 0-100 against a guy with a fully automatic exploding tip sniper rifle with homing bullets.

Be thankful it's a big enough game that that level of hacking won't be prevalent on consoles. That shit will get patched out very quickly if they've learned anything from the MW2 debacle.

Repgnar

Is the only requirement for gold camo being 14th prestige and having the required level for camos? That's pretty lame if so, there should be challenges for each gun or else everyone at 14th prestige or higher will have a whole loadout of gold guns.

Top Bottom