• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Turns out the PS3 version does NOT have regional search.

Someone called out Vahn on Twitter about it.

Vahn, the people who got a version of PS3 B.O. have shown us there is no regional search, why has Treyarch lied to us?

Vahn's response:

Platform considerations always a tough issue never explained well in 140 characters. People make mistakes. They don't lie.

Nizz

AnEternalEnigma said:
Turns out the PS3 version does NOT have regional search.

Someone called out Vahn on Twitter about it.

Vahn's response:
I don't understand, didn't W@W have regional search on PS3? Seems weird to leave it out, for whatever reason...

Kyoufu

Alienshogun said:
So only 360 can choose who to MM with on a nation scale?

:lol

You can choose who you want to MM with, outside your country.

Oh I don't remember ever having that feature on CoD4 or WaW.

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
So the servers are locked by the region of the disk? I really don't want to play people in America. I live in Japan. When I played MW1 it was fine, but MW2 was laggy as hell (on 360), so I was hoping to go with it on my PS3 this time. I really don't want it listen to Japanese voices so I'd like to avoid the SE version here and still connect to Asian servers.

I didn't notice it in any game so I probably won't notice again. Sucks for people who thought it would be in and were looking forward to it though.

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
if there is one thing I don't understand about this generation of consoles, its how they've turned online play into a console specific service.

Not having regional search is not a big issue. MW2 does a low-ping search, and ever since they patched it to search in 10 ms increments, I rarely ran into any bad games. Hell, Halo Reach has regional search and I never use it; I just trust the game to find me low-pig games without me telling it what to do.

I also remember that turning regional search on in W@W had an adverse effect if you ragequit. I remember multiple times quitting out of severely lopsided matches and then being repeatedly dropped right back into the same game when I started searching for games again.

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
Stallion Free said:
really the dlc timed exclusive didn't give it away??????????

or every promotional video that features the blue 'X' button to pick up a weapon

And Microsoft is paying them scads of money in the process.

I wonder if Microsoft actually sees a return on all of the money they throw at Activision for these games?

divisionbyzorro said:
True.

Wait, so my XBL subscription is going into Activision's pocket as bribe money? I feel...dirty... :lol
At least us PC/PS3 people are fighting the power while you're pointing Ms. Parks to the back of the bus =p

-Pyromaniac- said:
At least us PC/PS3 people are fighting the power while you're pointing Ms. Parks to the back of the bus =p
You realize it takes two companies to make a deal right? Us PS3 guys sure are sticking it to Activision by buying it day 1. I've never had any major issues playing the games on 360 or PS3 so this one isn't that big of a deal. It does kinda suck about not being able to play with 2 accounts on PS3. My wife said she'll play split screen but it would have been nice if she could level up while I am as well.

BigBlue1974 said:
You realize it takes two companies to make a deal right? Us PS3 guys sure are sticking it to Activision by buying it day 1. I've never had any major issues playing the games on 360 or PS3 so this one isn't that big of a deal. It does kinda suck about not being able to play with 2 accounts on PS3. My wife said she'll play split screen but it would have been nice if she could level up while I am as well.
I meant sticking it to Microsoft. Our love for COD makes sticking it to Activision impossible :D

I'm excited to play this but the more garbage I hear about Activision's business makes me happy my wonderful boss is hooking me up with his free copy. Every time Bobby's wallet gets heavier a kitten is killed by a semi. That's a lot of kittens.

Xux

BigBlue1974 said:

I'm probably repeating stuff you've heard for no reason but, from what I make of it, when you activate a second player, it copy pastas your unlocks and you level up separately until you turn the system off.

What's the best place to preorder COD Black Ops from? Amazon or Kmart?

I'm a little confused on what both retailers offer for preordering the game. Can someone tell me what this point business is all about? Oh and this is for the 360 version. I'm already preordering the Wii version at Amazon, cause they're the only retailer with a preorder bonus for that version.

Thanks in advance.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Regional Search doesn't mean you can't play with people on your FL who happen to not live in your region, rather you can't choose to search for games from a certain region, right?

DMeisterJ said:
Regional Search doesn't mean you can't play with people on your FL who happen to not live in your region, rather you can't choose to search for games from a certain region, right?

Regional Search just means that the matchmaking system will give preference to playing against players physically near you.

M_A_C said:
How gives a crap abut that? I'd rather have it search via pings.

It basically ensures that Americans won't get paired with Europeans, and vice versa. I imagine it makes a bigger difference to people who aren't in the US.

Xux

M_A_C said:
How gives a crap abut that? I'd rather have it search via pings.

My friend's convinced that Mexico and Africa have really shitty internet and shouldn't get to use it against him.

kai3345

Banned
UOMlR.jpg

lolwut

Source: Amazon.com

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Just like Jeff Gerstmann says, these games are made for the 360, but they also come out on the PS3. Not a slight against the PS3, it's more of a slight against devs who clearly make these games with the 360 in mind and the PS3 is more of an afterthought.

Fourman said:
So many people are going to be shitting themselves November 9th that they need some new underwear.

:lol :lol

Top Bottom