• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

SmokeMaxX said:
One in the chamber is super fun unless you have people that just camp the entire match. One time on nuketown a guy camped right behind a spawn point and knifed me when I spawned <_<.

But yeah, for people who need tips for One in the Chamber, always be ready to aim and if the other person sees you first, start strafing to get them to miss. From there, you can take your time aiming if that person doesn't have any more bullets (which is likely). They'll have to either close the distance towards you, giving you an easy shot, or run away.

Last round against 5 other player I had knifed 9 times. :lol

And no that wasn't from camping.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
For the folks on 360, has the lag/connectivity improved with live games/matchmaking?

And, here's another issue I'm curious if others have run into.

When you're the host, do you get SEVERE video lag sometimes? Like, the game drops to 10fps for no reason all the damn time. But it only happens when I'm the host...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
AndresON777 said:
thanks. yeah your were beasting with it. I want it lol

It's only better than the MPL if it has dual mags.

I'll find out later.

If you think that's beasting, you should some of my rampaging. :lol

Drastic

>When you're the host, do you get SEVERE video lag sometimes? Like, the game drops to 10fps for no reason all the damn time. But it only happens when I'm the host...

Happened to me once as host. Left and joined another game, same thing even though I wasn't host.

Had to power cycle the box to fix, thought it was dying.

I can't stop playing Combat Training. Sure, nothing carries over, but I have found the bots pretty much do what most players do. I started up a team deathmatch game with players, and they did the exact same thing the bots do: they split up and did their own thing, and since no one was talking, they might as well have been bots. :lol Combat training is fun because there's no lag, and it's surreal having games this smooth. I need the practice too.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Alienshogun said:
It's only better than the MPL if it has dual mags.

I'll find out later.

If you think that's beasting, you should some of my rampaging. :lol

yeah I only have the mpl5 right now I'm like a level 15. Think that's what the gun is

----yeah the combat training is funny cos it shows your friends list names as the bots. it kind of tripped me out the first time i got it, i was like 'damn dude you joined my game!'

X26

Banned
the_zombie_luke said:
I can't stop playing Combat Training. Sure, nothing carries over, but I have found the bots pretty much do what most players do. I started up a team deathmatch game with players, and they did the exact same thing the bots do: they split up and did their own thing, and since no one was talking, they might as well have been bots. :lol Combat training is fun because there's no lag, and it's surreal having games this smooth. I need the practice too.

love the mode myself for testing stuff out and just dicking around

SmokeMaxX

Patrick Bateman said:
Last round against 5 other player I had knifed 9 times. :lol

And no that wasn't from camping.
Oh shit, I forgot to mention to people who are new to OitC. Knifing is really good in One in the Chamber. If you have a choice, knife. It gives you an additional bullet. Also, at close range people just flat out die to kniving.

the_zombie_luke said:
I only play CT. I love it though. Mucking around with different difficulties and how many bots are on each team is a lot of fun.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
AndresON777 said:
yeah dude it's one of the first ones you get. thought it had 4 letters/numbers though. when is your gun unlocked?

Not sure, I'm level 40 right now, I didn't start using SMGs until last night, and they are pretty OP.

jiien

AndresON777 said:
yeah dude it's one of the first ones you get. thought it had 4 letters/numbers though. when is your gun unlocked?

MP5K is what you are using. MPL comes in at higher levels. Somewhere in the thirties, I think.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Matchmaking is still fucked on 360.

Once people start quitting in the lobby, I have to restart the search again since no new players join. Then it dumps me into a lobby with only me in it so I have to back out and search again, rinse repeat.

Treyarch, I am disappoint.

Say what you will about MW2 but the matchmaking speed was excellent.

KPunk

i haven't played much SP yet, but i am currently on the Vietnam stage where your running down the mountains, seriously impossible on harden difficulty level, i dropped it down to normal just to see what i do next as i just sit at the checkpoint for good 2 min and its still pretty difficult.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Cerrius said:
Matchmaking is still fucked on 360.

Once people start quitting in the lobby, I have to restart the search again since no new players join. Then it dumps me into a lobby with only me in it so I have to back out and search again, rinse repeat.

Treyarch, I am disappoint.

Say what you will about MW2 but the matchmaking speed was excellent.

So was the spawn to grenade impact ratio. :lol

LeMaximilian said:
For the folks on 360, has the lag/connectivity improved with live games/matchmaking?

When you're the host, do you get SEVERE video lag sometimes? Like, the game drops to 10fps for no reason all the damn time. But it only happens when I'm the host...

Nope...almost seems worse :/

Played sticks and stones earlier...had a dude not moving and I hit him with the ballistic knife, but it didn't register. Would have been fine if it happened once, but I couldn't get a single ballistic knife kill the whole match.

Lag seems to be better when I play pure playlists, though. Less bullshit in general, really.

I've noticed when I'm host that the screen can freeze every now and then for a second or so. I've had frame drops, too.

edit: oh, and also, under "locale only" search parameters, i was immediately put into a french match (i live in so. cal)

Hank The Tank

Neo Member
Drastic said:
>When you're the host, do you get SEVERE video lag sometimes? Like, the game drops to 10fps for no reason all the damn time. But it only happens when I'm the host...

Happened to me once as host. Left and joined another game, same thing even though I wasn't host.

Had to power cycle the box to fix, thought it was dying.

Yeah, I've had the slideshow happen to me too. Horrible.

aku:jiki

Tiduz said:
patch made things worse for me? i use ak74u and i swear i hit people but i dont see the hitmarker 70% of the time
Um...yeah. Me and my team have been yelling the same thing at our TV's all night. :(

aku:jiki said:
Um...yeah. Me and my team have been yelling the same thing at our TV's all night. :(

Same thing. And FUCK whose idea was it to spawn at dead ends, but a little forward? I'm getting camped by guys who can sit behind and rack 'em up and it's so fucking annoying.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
shichishito said:
edit: oh, and also, under "locale only" search parameters, i was immediately put into a french match (i live in so. cal)

that's funny dude. I live in Georgia let me give that a shot tonight see if I end up in an English (or Spainish) speaking country hopefully.

edit: yeah continually spawning under the same gunship that just killed you in nuketown drives me nuts.

KPunk said:
i haven't played much SP yet, but i am currently on the Vietnam stage where your running down the mountains, seriously impossible on harden difficulty level, i dropped it down to normal just to see what i do next as i just sit at the checkpoint for good 2 min and its still pretty difficult.
Did you go up to the barrels and interact with them? That may be your problem, the game doesn't do a good job of explaining that part.

X26

Banned
Nice update. Just noticed more spawn points, and a map can't be voted on to be played over and over and over again, there's a limit (no more infinite nuketown, wooo)

I don't know if the patch made it worse, or if it's just the fact that the disappointment over the fact that the patch didn't fix any bullet lag issues at all makes it feel worse, but the game is fucking unplayable and I've had it now. So very far beyond sick of every single encounter being a fucking joke of a coin toss.

Going back to MW2 and CoD4 for now.

Dresden

Oh god, Jungle. :lol I usually run spy plane-care package-chopper gunner--I get four kills with hardline on and get a Gunship on the first package. I go, yeah! I use it, predictably owned all the other team since they have no cover.

Then Gunship goes down, and I get a nice killstreak going and get my chopper gunner. I use that. They're all penned up at C by this point and I annihilate them. The host migrated twice while I was doing this.

So fucking absurd. But so fun.

Loxley

Are there any rumblings of another performance patch for the PC version in the works? BO still runs like ass on my machine (which can run MW2 on high settings with zero problems) :(

Chrange

Banned
Dresden said:
ezKJG.gif

:D

I don't know if the patch made it worse, or if it's just the fact that the disappointment over the fact that the patch didn't fix any bullet lag issues at all makes it feel worse, but the game is fucking unplayable and I've had it now. So very far beyond sick of every single encounter being a fucking joke of a coin toss.

LOL. MW2 has the same fucking bullet lag problems. Don't know what version of MW2 you're playing.

Tiduz said:
patch made things worse for me? i use ak74u and i swear i hit people but i dont see the hitmarker 70% of the time
This has been a Treyarch problem for a while now. Say what you want about IW but their netcode/hit detection was vastly superior to this.

Unless you are host or have fibre optic broadband you will be bullshitted on plenty of times due to lag/hit detection.

Admit it, you had a wang as your emblem and now you're mad because someone reported you.

LeMaximilian said:

I've never noticed, but how can you tell if you're the host?

AnEternalEnigma said:
LOL. MW2 has the same fucking bullet lag problems. Don't know what version of MW2 you're playing.
The one that got a patch for the bullet lag after you stopped playing it.

So sick of people who played MW2 for a month in 2009 telling me what it's like in november 2010. :(

Neuromancer said:
Admit it, you had a wang as your emblem and now you're mad because someone reported you.
Yes.

My emblem is an undead astronaut with sunglasses on.

Hank The Tank said:
Yeah, I've had the slideshow happen to me too. Horrible.
Happened to me too. The framerate in this game on MP is horrendous, but a couple of games struggled to reach 20. Everytime this happens I know I'm host and it SUCKS. Also, you'd think the hit detection would actually function properly if I were host. Nope, if anything it's worse. I've never screamed "I am shooting you. ACKNOWLEDGE my bullets!" so many times in my life.

Dresden

Bullet detection can be pretty bad at times. I remember sniping a guy down, he went into second chance, and I sighted on his chest, held breath, and nothing would hit him. Fired ten or so shots then a teammate stole the kill. It's a legitimate complaint, for sure.

But when everything is working I love the game, much more so than MW2. Mainly because I'm the one in the chopper, but whatever. :lol

KPunk

mw2 and cod4 seriously had the same damn issues. i dont know why people are complaining like this is something new. mw2 blows, cod4 was best. but imo this game is filled with content.

KPunk

Neuromancer said:
Did you go up to the barrels and interact with them? That may be your problem, the game doesn't do a good job of explaining that part.

nope! thanks i will look into that. seriously a very difficult level, especially when you compare this level to the others played so far.

X26

Banned
yea I've been getting killed behind cover just to see the killcam show me being out of it since cod4, I've just come to accept that the games will throw a lot of things like that your way

Top Bottom