• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
Apparently there's a launch party going on in LA or somewhere like that right now?

I get the feeling $1mil is a drop in the bucket for Activision, but that's still a pretty hefty amount going to a good cause.
cr0uchingjew seems like a great guy..

Yeah, region matching matters a lot more to people outside of the U.S.

I remember all the Australian rage after Modern Warfare 2 came out because it had no region matching like World at War had.

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
Apparently there's a launch party going on in LA or somewhere like that right now?

I get the feeling $1mil is a drop in the bucket for Activision, but that's still a pretty hefty amount going to a good cause.

does the military really need a million?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
kai3345 said:
UOMlR.jpg

lolwut

Source: Amazon.com
:lol

Tiduz said:
no regional mm on ps3?

what a bunch of bs.
Makes no sense. I thought they had confirmed this already. Oh well, MW2 didn't have it till about 2 weeks after launch. If they can beat that then it's a-ok as far as I'm concerned.

I don't get it. Why don't they just make a separate custom game mode like in Halo where you can change the running speeds, gravity and all that? Then we wouldn't have so many of these hacks infiltrating regular matches.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
I NEED SCISSORS said:
Just watched the awesome trailer again. I know Gimme Shelter is the better song, but wouldn't Paint It Black be the more obvious choice?

ALWAYS PICK GIMME SHELTER OVER PAINT IT BLACK

ALWAYS

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Just watched the awesome trailer again. I know Gimme Shelter is the better song, but wouldn't Paint It Black be the more obvious choice?

Too dark for the vibe the commercial was going for. Gimme Shelter worked perfectly.

DoomGyver

I can't wait for that feeling, you know the one where everyone is new to the game and playing fair. Give me three weeks of that please.

then shit goes downhill fast :/

Mully

This is my first time doing the release day delivery thing through Amazon. Should I expect it on the actual release day or use common sense and expect it to come the following day?

Mully said:
This is my first time doing the release day delivery thing through Amazon. Should I expect it on the actual release day or use common sense and expect it to come the following day?

It'll be there on November 9.

Mully said:

Release date.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Man you can really feel the weight of the guns in this game. Switching from an AR to a LMG feels like you just put on lead boots.

amar212

Brian Fellows said:
Man you can really feel the weight of the guns in this game. Switching from an AR to a LMG feels like you just put on lead boots.

Lack of MW-style recoil feel strange to me. AK-47 most noticable, but I guess I just have to use to it.

Hanmik

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010..._medium=social&utm_campaign=cod_blkops_102710

Little-Known Facts: Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer

Hello! I’m Josh Olin (aka JD_2020), and thank you for the opportunity to highlight some of the features that Call of Duty: Black Ops will deliver to PS3 fans when it launches on November 9th. A number of these features are ones that I think the community has been wanting for a long time, which is why we’ve worked really hard to deliver. So let’s get started!

Multiplayer Online Split-Screen SupportLet’s get started with what I believe is the most unknown, yet confirmed, aspect to Call of Duty: Black Ops multiplayer – the online split-screen support we’ve re-introduced to the franchise!

The Facts:
•You can connect a second controller and bring a guest online (i.e. “JD_2020” & “JD_2020(1)”).
•Guests can rank up, earn unlocks, etc – all guest progress goes away once signed out.

Custom Games Editor
Allow me to introduce the Black Ops Custom Games Editor! Private matches have never been this customizable. Players will have the ability to structure their games at all new levels of granularity. From variables as simple as Time Limit and Score Limit, or as deep as which weapons, Perks, and gear are available. You want a Pistols Only match? Make one! No longer do custom game modes rely on the “honor system.”

Furthermore, any Custom Game you create and configure can be placed in your File Share, for friends and the community to browse, download, and enjoy. You just might create the most addictive new game mode of all time from the comfort of your own living room!

In-Game Friends List
We’ve integrated a built-in Friends List into the in game user interface. You’ll be able to browse Recent Players, Friends, navigate their File Shares, Recent Games, Combat Records – all within this in-game menu system designed to streamline the social process within the game. Sending game invites and joining Friends’ games has never been simpler than in Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Regional Matchmaking & Party Privacy
Call of Duty: Black Ops will support regional matchmaking filters on a global scale. So, no matter where you’re at in the world, you will have the ability to specify whether you want to match with players from other geographical regions, or only those local to you. This will make communication and lag a much less intrusive variable on your gameplay experience.

Additionally, given Black Ops will support joining games in progress via an even simpler built-in in-game Friends List interface, we’ll allow a Party leader to lock down his lobby to Invite Only, Friends Only, or even Close it altogether if he wants to be in complete control over who enters and exits the Party Lobby.

Emblems Do NOT Reset with Prestige
This one is pretty cut-and-dried. A frequently asked question is, “Will my kickass emblem I spent hours perfecting be lost when I prestige?” The answer is “NO!” Emblems are one of the only aspects of Black Ops MP that do not get a full reset upon entering Prestige. Things that will reset when you Prestige are: XP, COD Points, Challenge progressions, Loadouts, and so forth.

So that’s just a few of the lesser-known components to Call of Duty: Black Ops multiplayer, confirmed for the first time here on the official PlayStation.Blog! For more information regarding Black Ops, and all the new features included in multiplayer, head over to our official YouTube channel and watch all the different trailers we have highlighted from the game. Additionally, you can follow me on Twitter (@JD_2020) for more news and updates.

Just reposted this.. because.. he stated regional matchmaking in there..

Mully

amar212 said:
Lack of MW-style recoil feel strange to me. AK-47 most noticable, but I guess I just have to use to it.

I loved the AK in COD4, hated it in MW2. They royally screwed up the guns in MW2.

jlai

I always hated how in Spec Ops co-op for MW2 and W@W they didn't change the aspect ratio and instead made the screens smaller and had those black bars. Wonder if it'll be the same for online multiplayer split screen

Just going to throw it in here that this is the first CoD I have owned day 1, the first original game I bought because a house mate played it, i've played 2, 3 mw2 at a cousins house and a friend lent me his mw2 a few times and I had good fun with it even if some stuff was cheap :p

Hopefully black ops serves me well, I mainly want it for the multi.

amar212

Maffis said:
lightweight + ballistic knife = abuse incoming

oh god, why treyarch?

We can all safely presume they'll patch it as soon as real complaint begin.

Lack of propper beta - since WaW - is making all this things pretty annoying.

rezuth said:
You can on the PS3
Actually from everything I've read this is incorrect.

On the 360, you can use two profiles and they both level up and retain all ranks. On the PS3 it makes a copy of the main profile in terms of ranks/classes etc and the 2nd player levels up and makes whatever changes, but once that session is over, the 2nd player profile goes away.

PS3 it only does everything....except that. :D

Top Bottom