• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Dark FaZe said:
Black Ops is the better game but this CoD train has at least one big stop left in it. Gamers will be clawing at the bit to get back to modern combat, and I think IW will find a way to bring back some of the depth and excitement of MW2 while retaining the balance of something like Black Ops.

Allowing you to build your ultimate load out so early will definitely deter some of the long term players. No stacking killstreaks solidifies it for me though-that's the reason I gave up MW2. I got a 9 kill streak in BLOPS this morning and I felt amazing. I know it's not great, but I legitimately earned it.

Hanmik said:
:lol the hitmarkers are all over the place in this game.. hitboxes are all over the place because of LAG and framerate issues.. I really cannot understand how people can live with shit like this..? is it because you are camping in a corner and do not move around the maps, so you never notice lag or framerate issues..?

Yeah they don't notice it because they stare at a door and when someone walks through it there is nowhere else for the bullets to go.

jonnybryce said:
I'm not saying I'm the best COD player in the world or that the game is garbage, but people seem to get "lucky" a lot and I remain a member of team last-stand-is-bullshit. I shouldn't have to wait for you to be ready to take more damage imo.
I agree that Second Chance is extremely irritating, but nothing in that video looks like bad hit direction. It's just the guy being extremely lucky and Second Chance being ridiculous as usual.

Drastic

Hanmik said:
did you not see the Screenshot he posted..? the hitmarker is IN THE AIR.. it´s not even on the player he kills..

Do you understand what spread is? The hit marker is always centered on the reticle. The spread is not.

jonnybryce said:
...I remain a member of team last-stand-is-bullshit. I shouldn't have to wait for you to be ready to take more damage imo.

Totally understand the perk hate, but that's what it is, not something broken.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
eh I only like last stand on TDM. On free for all I rather roll ninja. i have crappy surround sound and I always think someone's behind me in ffa but it's actually me but ninja fixes that.

Raiden

Banned
zero margin said:
Anyone else having games crash to the lobby mid-match because of getting the 'too many disconnect paths' error? This happened a couple times to me last night.

I think "locale" is the exact word and I still get laggy games using that.

Yeah that was the word! :p

I honestly get very clean matches 98% of the time, and honestly if this one laggy match does come up, i instantly quit it. Because lag fucks you over in so many retarded ways, just like seen in that video.

MechDX

Think I am done with this game already. Games last night were a course in frustration.

I was just getting my ass handed to me and then BOOM! I got 23-9 in a match. Then it went back downhill. The final straw was in a game I went 4-12 the winning kill-cam, on me, shot about 10 feet to my right yet shot me in the head. I was unloading half clips into people and they just wouldnt die and they shoot 1-3 shots and get me in the head everytime. Shit is ridiculous.

I popped in MW2 and first game went 18-5 and I dont run around with stupid perks on either. Just hope I can trade my Hardened Edition.

Hanmik

I agree that Second Chance is extremely irritating, but nothing in that video looks like bad hit direction. It's just the guy being extremely lucky and Second Chance being ridiculous as usual.

jonnybryce said:
eZl0D.png

really bad hit detection... :lol

Do you understand what spread is? The hit marker is always centered on the reticle. The spread is not.

Of course I understand what spread is (I´m writing your posts down in a spreadshet
just kidding
)... but Hitmarkers should not appear in Midair.. He only fires once If I´m not wrong, and the shot kills him. But the hitmarker is not on the target he kills..

jonnybryce said:
I don't ask anything of you except that you watch this 27 second video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlAawHlBWRY

I am very fond of BO. But this kind of shit happens so many times in so many games I play. 3 clean shots, he lives. He shoots the wall next to my leg and I die in one shot.

In what world.

Hard to see much of anything as choppy as that video is but Second Chance/Last Stand has ALWAYS given you a brief moment where you won't die until you hit the ground and are actually in the position. Plus it looks like you already took a good amount of damage before he shot you so you didn't really die in "one shot". If you see people falling and you don't get the kill then wait a second and spray them when they hit the ground. Problem solved.

aku:jiki

Always-honest said:
well, that is the challenge in that map. Not bad, just designed for you to figure out how to deal with it.
That's some of the most broken logic I've ever heard. Why would you ever waste 40% of your map design when you could actually design that space in interesting ways? Why would you waste resources and processing power rendering an area that's not meant to be used? That would be incredibly dumb.

Raiden said:
If you're playing on Xbox 360 press the "back" button in the lobby, and set the search function to regional, i never ever have laggy matches, and no im not hosting most of them.
Locale search doesn't work in BO, and it never worked in WaW either. It's not strict enough and puts you in matches that have foreign players constantly.

MW2's locale search patch was much stricter and is more consistent. Really wish Treyarch could just cut+paste that code. :/

Drastic said:
Do you? That's not at all how the spread works in CoD. The spread is within the reticle, which is why Steady Aim adjusts the reticle size. It's not "aim here and your bullet might go ANYWHERE ON THE ENTIRE SCREEN." That would be fucking retarded.

Edit: Wait, why the fuck are we even talking about spread? The kid in the clip is ADS'ing that handgun, spread doesn't apply. Also, re-read your post and realized I misread, but uh, even if he was hipfiring the handgun, the opponent is not within the reticle size for a handgun. Either way, that shot was a definite miss.

Drastic

Hanmik said:

Of course I understand what spread is (I´m writning your posts down in a spreadshet
just kidding
)... but Hitmarkers should not appear in Midair.. He only fires once If I´m not wrong, and the shot kills him. But the hitmarker is not on the target he kills..
Ok, so if you understand spread, which means the round strays from the sights/reticle and may or may not hit something. If it randomly (yes, lucky) does hit the opponent, you get a hit marker.

You expect the hit marker to move somewhere else on the screen away from the reticle? That's not how the game works.

Raiden

Banned
Hanmik said:

Of course I understand what spread is (I´m writing your posts down in a spreadshet
just kidding

That hitmarker hangs around half a second or so? When my claymore explodes a mile away i also get a hitmarker thingie. You really should not focus on the hitmarker, it is only a way to show that the bullet has hit target.

Geoff9920

Hanmik said:

just kidding
The hit marker will always be in the center of the screen even when you're hip firing and bullet spread gives a lucky hit.

In that screenshot the crosshair is still over his body. The bullet can hit anywhere within the crosshair- the dude just got really lucky and the bullet happened to hit to the extreme left.

Raiden

Banned
aku:jiki said:
That's some of the most broken logic I've ever heard. Why would you ever waste 40% of your map design when you could actually design that space in interesting ways? Why would you waste resources and processing power rendering an area that's not meant to be used? That would be incredibly dumb.

Locale search doesn't work in BO, and it never worked in WaW either. It's not strict enough and puts you in matches that have foreign players constantly.

MW2's locale search patch was much stricter and is more consistent. Really wish Treyarch could just cut+paste that code. :/

Do you? That's not at all how the spread works in CoD. The spread is within the reticle, which is why Steady Aim adjusts the reticle size. It's not "aim here and your bullet might go ANYWHERE ON THE ENTIRE SCREEN." That would be fucking retarded.

Edit: Wait, why the fuck are we even talking about spread? The kid in the clip is ADS'ing that handgun, spread doesn't apply. Also, re-read your post and realized I misread, but uh, even if he was hipfiring the handgun, the opponent is not within the reticle size for a handgun. Either way, that shot was a definite miss.
:lol It is broken? Why? Because you say so and it was broken in the last game?

I was having regular laggy matches before that option, matchmaking was pretty fast, but laggy. Ever since i turn that option on, the wait is a bit longer, i also get in more matches that are halfway done, but honestly the lag is waaaaay less, my 2 non biased/hating friends that i play with can confirm this(not that anyone cares)

But saying that it is broken is a pretty bold statement, maybe the lag was in my head?

Raiden said:
:lol It is broken? Why? Because you say so and it was broken in the last game?

I was having regular laggy matches before that option, matchmaking was pretty fast, but laggy. Ever since i turn that option on, the wait is a bit longer, i also get in more matches that are halfway done, but honestly the lag is waaaaay less, my 2 non biased/hating friends that i play with can confirm this(not that anyone cares)

But saying that it is broken is a pretty bold statement, maybe the lag was in my head?
:lol It works? Why? Because you say so and have had a few lucky matches?

hamchan

Matchmaking is more often than not for most games shit, especially when you live in Australia. That's why I was so happy dedicated servers are back in the PC version.

:lol , dude...just stop, it's obvious you can't hack it and are making excuses. This isn't the game for you, back to MW2 with you, don't worry, be happy.

ok I give up.. you guys obviously really do not belive there is Lag or framerate issues in this game..

so this video is just because we all are bad players..

Yes your right. It does happen on rare occasion. We get it. What would you have us do? It rarely effects my game. I play with three bars all the time and am usually in the top 2 players for TDM? How upset should I be? Maybe I adjusted well.

Should I play I dying MW1 on console. Should I play MW2 where every single fucking death is a cheap one?

Raiden

Banned

It works, because i have less lag, and since im in europe and the chatroom is filled with french/dutch people it seems to be very withing my range(Belgium here). Otherwise i would get rooms with people from all over the world. Also a few lucky matches, more like 7-8 days of lucky matches, all the time.

But yeah, im sure you're right.

Yea his crosshairs implied a leg or body shot could happen within that region sure it was lucky but it happened, the hit marker is always placed in the center of the screen...the fact you had jelly on your screen means you were already damaged I assume from a claymore that camper had down? You were probably weak and his one lucky pistol shot killed you. Sorry game made sense you lost.

That makes you think wtf bad hit detection, but its not! That's you failing to understand the way the game works.

Hanmik said:
ok I give up.. you guys obviously really do not believe there is Lag or framerate issues in this game..

so this video is just because we all are bad players..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6T9JUvawBk

:lol

I don't think anyone is arguing against the fact LAG exists in this game. LAG is basically physics of the internet. Information has to travel across the world and that takes time in the form of lag. Framerate issues do exist, and hopefully they will be addressed.

What I am saying is generally the game works pretty decent on the average connection. The large amount of players playing probably reinforces that statement because I can't imagine so many people would tune into a game that plays laggy everytime.

Also the argument of "your experience doesn't equate to everyones" argument works both ways... ya know?

Anerythristic said:
:lol , dude...just stop, it's obvious you can't hack it and are making excuses. This isn't the game for you, back to MW2 with you, don't worry, be happy.
:lol Bitch please. Want the real answer? Here you go:

I can assert that the locale only option is broken because, first of all, the feature was not news to me when I came home with Black Ops. I didn't discover it last night and it was the very first thing I did when I came home with the game. On top of that, I actually consistently check where my opponents are from. I don't just play matches, kill guys and assume that they were all from my region, I check every time a larger batch of players join (won't check like just one guy coming in, but if a party comes in I definitely check).

You guys want to assume that I don't understand how the feature works, that I tried it for like 2 matches and that I just want to talk shit about this game for no reason, which is patently ridiculous. I'm a grown ass man, I have zero desire to make shit up about a video game on an internet message board. I'm just trying to express my opinions on the game, just like you guys are.

I live in Australia and mw2 was fucked up matchmaking wise before they patched. My friends list was full of Aussies I didn't know just so hopefully one of them would be in an Aus hosted game. WaW always got me green games with locale only and black ops does too. Works perfectly for me.

butts

In that clip he pops the shot off just before he goes into ADS, he wasn't fully in ADS yet before he shoots. Also, the hit markers always show in the center of your screen, not where the hit took place. It was a "bullshit" kill in that he got lucky with the shot, nothing more.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Are you guys seriously defending last stand? It has been the dumbest fucking feature of the series since MW1. They need to change it so that the person drops to the ground and then just sticks the pistol in his mouth and blows his brains out. That should teach the people who use it a lesson.

Stallion Free said:
Are you guys seriously defending last stand? It has been the dumbest fucking feature of the series since MW1. They need to change it so that the person drops to the ground and then just sticks the pistol in his mouth and blows his brains out. That should teach the people who use it a lesson.
:lol I love that idea.

But seriously, they need to fix it so that shooting someone on their way down can kill them, rendering the perk ineffective. There's no reason that someone that should have been killed should have an advantage over the person who killed them. Stupid.

Raiden

Banned
:lol Bitch please. Want the real answer? Here you go:

I can assert that the locale only option is broken because, first of all, the feature was not news to me when I came home with Black Ops. I didn't discover it last night and it was the very first thing I did when I came home with the game. On top of that, I actually consistently check where my opponents are from. I don't just play matches, kill guys and assume that they were all from my region, I check every time a larger batch of players join (won't check like just one guy coming in, but if a party comes in I definitely check).

You guys want to assume that I don't understand how the feature works, that I tried it for like 2 matches and that I just want to talk shit about this game for no reason, which is patently ridiculous. I'm a grown ass man, I have zero desire to make shit up about a video game on an internet message board. I'm just trying to express my opinions on the game, just like you guys are.

What makes you think i/we dont?

Im pretty sure you're not trying to talk shit, and just proving your point. And believe, when you live in Europe, Belgium to be specific, German people to the right, French to the left... etc. It is pretty easy to tell and hear which part of Europe they come from. That and no lag pretty much proves to me that my connections improved with turning that shit on. Also, im usually the party-leader, this one rare time where my friend lobbied us we're all of the sudden having regular laggy matches, also because he did not turn the option on.

Im not saying it is perfect, like i said it takes a while longer, we get in more matches that are like 3200-4500(TDM) or something like that. But yeah, it is not broken :p

:lol Bitch please.

No you. Then what the hell do you want me to do? I am not having issues and I dont look at charts and mo-caps for every one of my deaths. All I know is I am enjoying this game much more.

Lets be constructive, do you want GAF to post on the Treyarch boards to complain about the lag and hit detection issues?

Do you want us to all play MW2 together so you can Danger Close us up?

Stallion Free said:

Oh so you are the guy I killed while in Last Stand last night. Seriously though in MW2 did you ever use Danger Close, Commando or OMA? Cause I didn't even have those unlocked Pro.

Raiden

Banned
Stallion Free said:

Im one of those annoying guys:lol

Honestly i only use it because of the awesome revive option, playing hardcore team deathmatch, it saved my life lots of times :p

Edit: And to be honest, you sacrifice some great perk options when using second chance though.

butts said:
In that clip he pops the shot off just before he goes into ADS, he wasn't fully in ADS yet before he shoots.
That means it's even less clear. The grey area between hipfire and ADS is still a mystery to us as far as the specifics of it go, as far as I know. That "gray area" was an issue with the sniper rifles in MW2, where people could use it to do a sort of half-quickscope, half-noscope kind of shot where they begin to ADS but fire before the scope comes up.

I do know that the reticle shrinks and the spread changes as you go ADS, through this "gray area," though, so it's not as clear-cut as you want to make it out to be.

Raiden said:
Im one of those annoying guys:lol

Honestly i only use it because of the awesome revive option, playing hardcore team deathmatch, it saved my life lots of times :p

Edit: And to be honest, you sacrifice some great perk options when using second chance though.

People don't think about the balance of things when they are raging because some dude on the ground with a pistol took them out.

backflip10019 said:
But seriously, they need to fix it so that shooting someone on their way down can kill them, rendering the perk ineffective. There's no reason that someone that should have been killed should have an advantage over the person who killed them. Stupid.

This, this, this.

It wouldn't render the perk ineffective, but it would punish sloppy finishers.

I hate last stand because it makes surviving 2 on 1 encounters all but impossible. That half a second putting the other bullet in him ensures his teammate will finish you off.

Drastic

Stallion Free said:
Are you guys seriously defending last stand?

Not defending it, just saying it is what it is, not something broken. That said, there was way more annoying stuff in the last game. With this being the most annoying in this one, I'm quite happy.

That means it's even less clear. The grey area between hipfire and ADS is still a mystery to us as far as the specifics of it go, as far as I know. That "gray area" was an issue with the sniper rifles in MW2, where people could use it to do a sort of half-quickscope, half-noscope kind of shot where they begin to ADS but fire before the scope comes up.

I do know that the reticle shrinks and the spread changes as you go ADS, through this "gray area," though, so it's not as clear-cut as you want to make it out to be.

Actually there is a delay when going into ADS before you get the accuracy benefit. Generally a quarter second or so. reference

backflip10019 said:

Fair enough

Raiden

Banned
Bumblebeetuna said:
People don't think about the balance of things when they are raging because some dude on the ground with a pistol took them out.

Indeed:lol

And i can relate, i used to be one of those guys in my younger nerdraging days :p

zero margin said:
if ninja is fixed I might switch out for that at times but yeah the revive option intrigues me.

The revive option really is great, especially in hardcore modes, if you're looking through a window, and some dude sprays you from anywhere, 1-2 bullets and you're down, first and only thing you need to do is crawl away and ask for a revive. I kid you not i got my chopper gunner(9-killstreak) because my friend revived me 4 fucking times:lol

cuevas said:
Yeah be one of the those guys laying on the ground that everyone runs by.

If it has been possible for me to be revived I have never not been revived, it is literally 100%. People run to revive me on LIVE of all places from halfway across the map.

Anerythristic said:
Lets be constructive, do you want GAF to post on the Treyarch boards to complain about the lag and hit detection issues?
What am I supposed to say to that? Do those of you who post positive comments expect those of us with concerns to go suck Treyarch's dick? Of course I'm not expecting you to do a damn thing, I just want the same right as everyone else to post what I'm thinking about the game.

Raiden said:
Im pretty sure you're not trying to talk shit, and just proving your point. And believe, when you live in Europe, Belgium to be specific, German people to the right, French to the left... etc. It is pretty easy to tell and hear which part of Europe they come from.
I'm a swede living in the Netherlands. All I ever hear in lobbies is americans and brits, with locale only on. The brits should be there, the americans should not. I've never actually heard any dutch at all in BO, while I play with dutchies all the time in MW2.

Which sucks because the dutch people have some kind of national perversion for the noobtube. It's like these fuckers are born with it! :lol

Bumblebeetuna said:
Because the existance of Last Stand, in itself, is not a part of the balance. Mmmhm.

cuevas said:
Yeah be one of the those guys laying on the ground that everyone runs by.

Hopefully I'll play with people who can read.

Raiden said:
The revive option really is great, especially in hardcore modes, if you're looking through a window, and some dude sprays you from anywhere, 1-2 bullets and you're down, first and only thing you need to do is crawl away and ask for a revive. I kid you not i got my chopper gunner(9-killstreak) because my friend revived me 4 fucking times :lol

That does sound pretty useful. :lol

Anerythristic said:
If it has been possible for me to be revived I have never not been revived, it is literally 100%. People run to revive me on LIVE of all places from halfway across the map.

Yep-I've had good luck with it too. It's a rare perk though, I've only had the chance to revive 2-3 players in 20+ hours of play.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure it's old news but the hidden top-down zombie game is great. They should stick co-op in it and release it on XBLA.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
backflip10019 said:

I stopped using it because I rarely ever made it into the last stand position. I also kill people during the animation all the time.

Top Bottom