• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

aku:jiki

aesop said:
I meant one shot kill. Most of the snipers in MW2 were semi-auto. You'd didn't have to manually load one into the chamber to get off the second shot.
You can't both quickscope and spam semi-auto at the same time, so what the hell is your point?

Dresden

Intervention was the quick-scope weapon, and I blame montage XBL kiddies for proliferating that shit. Sleight of Hand Pro, Stopping Power, and liberal aim-assist was what made quick scoping so easy--not possible anymore in BLOPS--and quick scoping wasn't a problem at all in COD4 or WaW! It's bullshit what they did to snipers. My KDR is barely above a 2.0 now after finally getting used to sniping, but even now my kills double if I grab an AR or a LMG. Get rid of the initial sway upon scope-in. Right now it's just frustrating.

aesop

aku:jiki said:
You can't both quickscope and spam semi-auto at the same time, so what the hell is your point?

My initial point was that I would rather not have quick scoping, how it was in MW2 thanks to aggressive aim assist, to come back. That's it.

U2NUMB

BlinkGT said:
One gun bullet from nowhere killed this poor guy, and it was not a headshot like you can see in this screens. With the M16, in the same match (4 green bars for almost everyone), i had to fire two or three burst to kill an enemy. I don't get anything with this game, seriously.

How do you know that guy coming up the hill wasnt already injured? One bullet may have been all he needed to die.

SmokeMaxX

aesop said:
My initial point was that I would rather not have quick scoping, how it was in MW2 thanks to aggressive aim assist, to come back. That's it.
It'd never come back for a combination of reasons...
People who bitch about quick scoping need to realize... oh hell I'll spell out SOME of the reason's it won't come back.
1) Auto-aim is less in this game than in previous games
2) SoH Pro doesn't work on Snipers
3) No stopping power makes snipers weaker
4) Even if you hit, if they have last stand pro (likely), then not only do you die, but you don't get a kill.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
You really, really need to work on your reading comprehension. You see, skipping over words in other people's posts just so you can have an easier time making your point is considered a pretty lame way to debate.

I said "much bigger advantage," not "an advantage at all." Read, son.

Again, when it is YOU who does not understand, you act like its the other person.

Nothing in my post has any implication of what you just said.

Let me break it down for you yet again.

AlienShogun said:
Think about that for a second.

The guy, who is ALREADY ADSing at a door, waiting for you to walk through SHOULDN'T be at an advantage?

The first part implies that you should take a second and think, so I will allow time for that.

Ok, enough time has passed.

The second part is stating that you are a moron to believe that a person sitting in the door, behind cover, will not be at an advantage. If, as I stated, you walked into the room in ADS, sweeping the room for hostiles, the advantage you are so concerned with becomes moot. However, if you just charge in, he will be at an advantage over you, since you have yet to ADS.

What YOU implied is that since a guy is already in ADS and is behind cover is looking where you will be coming through it will be "unfair," since you still have yet to ADS and are thus subject to the SAME delay in which he has.

Now, if he WASN'T in ADS and you both scoped in at the same time, and he DIDN'T have slight of hand pro, YOU would be at an advantage.

See how that works? It's a uniform game play decision, his placement and tactical positioning (I.E camping) has no bearing on your complaint over the "delay" from which ADS transitions from hip fire to aimed fire. It's a balance decision, and effects everyone in a uniform manner, aside from those like YOU who are at an advantage with a quicker scope in.

Dresden said:
not possible anymore in BLOPS
Since you missed it on the last page:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcyl9QteQ38

He also made a quickscope tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v--VVYAyPAY
(They use variable scope and pre-zoom right when they spawn. This pre-zoom stays until they die.)

Dresden said:
Had ACOG which made quickscoping even easier than Sleight of Hand Pro. Observe how ridiculously fast an ACOG scopes up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUkFiikkpGk

Do not go anywhere near CoD4 today if you hate quickscoping. It's all everybody does.

Dresden said:
Yup, this one too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0-yYdw-ThQ

(Though I agree that not too many people bothered doing it. Most people ran around with an MP40.)

Alienshogun said:
The second part is stating that you are a moron to believe that a person sitting in the door, behind cover, will not be at an advantage. If, as I stated, you walked into the room in ADS, sweeping the room for hostiles, the advantage you are so concerned with becomes moot. However, if you just charge in, he will be at an advantage with you, since you have yet to ADS.
I really can't believe that you seriously don't understand the difference between "much bigger advantage" and "an advantage." I am honestly speechless.

If he is already ADS, and there is a delay before my bullets hit where I'm aiming if I ADS, then that is a much bigger advantage than he should have. Because it will mean that I'll die even if I aim better. If there was no delay when you ADS, he would have the proper amount of advantage over me given his position and strategy. I can't believe I had to spell this out, to someone who thinks he's an expert at the game no less.

Dresden said:
Intervention was the quick-scope weapon, and I blame montage XBL kiddies for proliferating that shit. Sleight of Hand Pro, Stopping Power, and liberal aim-assist was what made quick scoping so easy--not possible anymore in BLOPS--and quick scoping wasn't a problem at all in COD4 or WaW! It's bullshit what they did to snipers. My KDR is barely above a 2.0 now after finally getting used to sniping, but even now my kills double if I grab an AR or a LMG. Get rid of the initial sway upon scope-in. Right now it's just frustrating.
My problem with snipers in BO isn't that they nerfed quick-scoping, it's that they punished actual players and made snipers completely useless. The swaying is so bad, the recoil is ridiculous and I'm lucky to get hit markers. More often than not I'll snipe someone and if I'm lucky I'll get a hit marker but more likely not and either way they see me on the radar and by the time I get to aim my scope again, because it's such a slow process now, they've already pointed at me and sniped me with their assault rifle, LMG or SMG. I've been sniped by SMGs but I'll be lucky to get a hit marker with an actual sniper. How is that even remotely fair?

I totally get why Treyarch made the decision they made. Quick Scoping could be very annoying in MW 2. I wasn't a quickscoper but the skill level required to do it was somewhat lower than in previous games. So as consquence the percentage of people learning that skill increased tremedously. So instead of it truly being this high end level skill, it became something a lot of normal people could do. That's where the problem came in. And then suddenly it became a badge of honor where if you didn't do it, you were considered garbage. And that attitude started to effect the game and the quality of play.

You don't know how many times I've seen people pass up the easy kill in MW 2 in Search and Destroy to try a fancy ass kill and then miss. And then get killed themselves. It just has a bad effect. So I get why they were anti-quickscoping as something that everybody shouldn't be doing. Because then it really does start to effect the quality of the experience. Everybody shouldn't be doing it.

True Quick Scoping should be more difficult. But what I call quickly scoping in and killing people shouldn't be effected. That's the balance you want to achieve. You want most of your population to actually be scoping in and trying to get a kill and if a high level of player wants to truly be able to quick scope, it should be pretty damn hard so that less skilled players get punished for doing it and decide it isn't for them.

The current fix for sniping in the game doesn't do this. It sort of handicaps snipers in general no matter what you do. And there are a lot more effective full automatic assault rifles and smgs in this game that are pretty accurate. So snipers are getting creamed left and right. You have to be able to kill quickly with a sniper rifle. COD is a very fast paced game. So snipers have to be able to scope and kill quickly to compete with other weapons.

The good thing of course is that Treyarch seems logical and open to feedback so I have confidence they will address this. They have made a lot of great balance tweaks from MW 2 to Black Ops. So many in fact that I find it impossible to go back to MW 2. But the sniping wasn't one of them.

grap3fruitman said:
My problem with snipers in BO isn't that they nerfed quick-scoping, it's that they punished actual players and made snipers completely useless.

More than that, there are approximately four maps in BO where sniping might actually be viable to use. The other ten maps you're just hindering yourself.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I really can't believe that you seriously don't understand the difference between "much bigger advantage" and "an advantage." I am honestly speechless.

I can't believe how big of a moron you are being. I figured it was limited to your appeal to authority fallacies, but it extends much deeper.

Nothing I said implies "no advantage," I'm pointing out how stupid your argument is, which is a trend in this thread. However, rationalize my argument so that you can seem right in your head champ, keep fighting the good fight, "Bro". :lol

If he is already ADS, and there is a delay before my bullets hit where I'm aiming if I ADS, then that is a much bigger advantage than he should have. Because it will mean that I'll die even if I aim better. If there was no delay when you ADS, he would have the proper amount of advantage over me given his position and strategy. I can't believe I had to spell this out, to someone who thinks he's an expert at the game no less.

:lol :lol :lol I explained that in my post. :lol :lol :lol

The delay is uniform, it effects everyone equally. Again, like I said, people like YOU who use slight of hand pro actually have the advantage over everyone else. By your logic a guy who is coming around a corner already looking down his sights has "too much of an advantage" over you if you aren't already scoped in too. :lol :lol :lol

It's called being good at the game, my god you're dense.

Alienshogun said:
Nothing I said implies "no advantage," I'm pointing out how stupid your argument is, which is a trend in this thread. However, rationalize my argument so that you can seem right in your head champ, keep fighting the good fight, "Bro". :lol
What? You've got to be trolling me right now. :lol :lol

Nowhere did any of my posts state that I think you're implying that he should have "no advantage," my posts say that you're equating "much bigger advantage" with "an advantage" and I am replying that they're different things.

I also love how you accuse me of customizing your posts in my head to better fit my needs, while you're the one who completely disregarded my clarification. Excellent work, sir. :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
What? You've got to be trolling me right now. :lol :lol

Nowhere did any of my posts state that I think you're implying that he should have "no advantage," my posts say that you're equating "much bigger advantage" with "an advantage" and I am replying that they're different things.

I also love how you accuse me of customizing your posts in my head to better fit my needs, while you're the one who completely disregarded my clarification. Excellent work, sir. :lol

:lol

Do you go through your whole life with these same blinders on?

You simply aren't "understanding."

Maybe someday you will understand, until then, keep acting like you do, and disregarding everyone else.

Alienshogun said:
The delay is uniform, it effects everyone equally.
Are you seriously braindead?!

We are talking about an ADS delay that apparently occurs as you lift your weapon. For a split second or so after lifting, your accuracy will need to "stabilize" before your shots will hit correctly. If you stay ADS after stabilizing, all your shots will be accurate until you drop your weapon again. If someone is camping and already ADS, and I come around the corner non-ADS, I will be at a bigger disadvantage than in previous games because his weapon is already stabilized while mine will need to stabilize.

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

Konig94

Neo Member
lazytonberry said:
Care Package Bomb!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_GWu28Z3z8

My first upload from Theater to Youtube. Also first Youtube video ever!

I couldn't find many or any videos showing Hacker Pro and the enemy care package.

So here's me sabotaging the enemy care package on Summit. I did it a few times last night, and it's so awesome and hilarious when you get the chance to do it.

Nice, I just got a crate triple kill last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5effvlQ6WM&NR=1.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

We are talking about an ADS delay that apparently occurs as you lift your weapon. For a split second or so after lifting, your accuracy will need to "stabilize" before your shots will hit correctly. If you stay ADS after stabilizing, all your shots will be accurate until you drop your weapon again. If someone is camping and already ADS, and I come around the corner non-ADS, I will be at a bigger disadvantage than in previous games because his weapon is already stabilized while mine will need to stabilize.

Wow, you are seriously wasting my time.

Do yourself a favor and reread my posts until it sinks in.

Not that I should be surprised since you're the guy who thinks showing others your balls or pictures of someone else's genitalia is a fundamental human right.

I'm going to do everyone else a favor and just put you on ignore till someone lets me know you're no longer a dumbass or till you forget to breath and the situation fixes itself.

Konig94 said:
Nice, I just got a crate triple kill last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5effvlQ6WM&NR=1.

How did you even manage to get to their crate in nuketown?

Nice work!

zam

Once you have lifted your gun up the shots should be accurate, having a delay giving you hip-fire accuracy for a short time, even when you are ADSing sounds very stupid, however short the period is.

And what I think aku:jiki is trying to say is that the guy camping an area being constantly ADS:ed is going to have a bigger advantage because of that delay, when even if the guy coming round the corner reacts faster and is better at aiming is going to be gimped to a degree because even if he gets the sights up and starts shooting first the delay is still giving him hip-fire accuracy (even though his sights are all the way up), potentially causing him to lose a fight he would have won if the delay wasn't there.

Also the delay really decreases the effectiveness of Sleight of Hand Pro, cause even if you can get your sights up quicker, you still aren't shooting with ADS accuracy as soon as the sights are up.

Edit: Disclaimer: I haven't played Blops in a couple days (been busy with school and AC:Brotherhood) so I don't even know for certain that the delay exists, but it sounds like a really stupid idea to me.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

In what way is this a bad thing (other than it would be better to have the gun actually sway rather than have the bullets become arbitrarily inaccurate)? You should be at a major disadvantage after just switching to ADS, otherwise you may as well just take hip firing out of the game.

D4Danger said:
I'm sure it's old news but the hidden top-down zombie game is great. They should stick co-op in it and release it on XBLA.

It does have co-op, you just need to start the game from the Zombie Playlist.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
zam said:
Once you have lifted your gun up the shots should be accurate, having a delay giving you hip-fire accuracy for a short time, even when you are ADSing sounds very stupid, however short the period is.

And what I think aku:jiki is trying to say is that the guy camping an area being constantly ADS:ed is going to have a bigger advantage because of that delay, when even if the guy coming round the corner reacts faster and is better at aiming is going to be gimped to a degree because even if he gets the sights up and starts shooting first the delay is still giving him hip-fire accuracy (even though his sights are all the way up), potentially causing him to lose a fight he would have won if the delay wasn't there.

Also the delay really decreases the effectiveness of Sleight of Hand Pro, cause even if you can get your sights up quicker, you still aren't shooting with ADS accuracy as soon as the sights are up.

Edit: Disclaimer: I haven't played Blops in a couple days (been busy with school and AC:Brotherhood) so I don't even know for certain that the delay exists, but it sounds like a really stupid idea to me.

Listen, in Black ops the delay is uniform. Everyone is effected equally, forget other games, there is nothing with the delay that makes one person benefit over another, with the exception of slight of hand pro, which lets you scope in faster, thus making the "delay" end quicker.

The same argument could be said (as I stated before) of a guy who checks corners in ADS, now if he sees a guy as he rounds the corner NOT in ADS, but they see each other at the same time, the guy already in ADS will still have that same "advantage," there is no argument here. Everyone is effected the same, want to have accurate shots? Be in ADS when you don't know if someone is there or not or have slight of hand pro and have your aim be accurate faster.

That's the last time I'm going to address the topic or repeat myself on the subject, I only reiterated because someone other else brought it up.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Anerythristic said:
I don't think thats it. The sniper rifles do need a slight damage adjustment. Quick scoping with their current power output would do nothing.

I'm perfectly fine with that. If you make them harder to use they should do really big damage.

TheOddOne

AX9GH.png

BLACK OPS MASTER

Yes, finally got it (for Veteran). Now on to Zombies and Dead Ops.

demolitio

Is it sad that I find diving through windows so extremely satisfying? I usually just jumped and crouched at the same time to get through most windows but now I go for the dive as I feel like a stuntman... :lol

Don't tell me as I already know, I'm easily entertained.

eek5

Brian Fellows said:
I stopped using it because I rarely ever made it into the last stand position. I also kill people during the animation all the time.
I also kill people during the drop down animation all the time. I've stolen people's kills shooting at the normal chest area while players are dropping before too

Alienshogun said:
The second part is stating that you are a moron to believe that a person sitting in the door, behind cover, will not be at an advantage. If, as I stated, you walked into the room in ADS, sweeping the room for hostiles, the advantage you are so concerned with becomes moot. However, if you just charge in, he will be at an advantage over you, since you have yet to ADS.

What YOU implied is that since a guy is already in ADS and is behind cover is looking where you will be coming through it will be "unfair," since you still have yet to ADS and are thus subject to the SAME delay in which he has.

Now, if he WASN'T in ADS and you both scoped in at the same time, and he DIDN'T have slight of hand pro, YOU would be at an advantage.

See how that works? It's a uniform game play decision, his placement and tactical positioning (I.E camping) has no bearing on your complaint over the "delay" from which ADS transitions from hip fire to aimed fire. It's a balance decision, and effects everyone in a uniform manner, aside from those like YOU who are at an advantage with a quicker scope in.

Sorry, I know you said you were done with the topic, but I keep reading this, and reading what aku:jiki is saying, and it really feels like you (Alienshogun) are the one who is misunderstanding/misreading/misinterpreting/mis-whatever aku:jiki's statements.

Aku:jiki says the person who is already ADSing has a much bigger advantage over a person who has to pull up ADS after spotting the enemy, compared to how it used to be without a delay. He knows the person who is camping and looking at a position already in ADS has an advantage, that's not the point. The point is how much of an advantage he has, because of the arbitrary delay in accuracy that hurts the non-ADS guy more than it would have if there was no delay.

There was never a single mention of saying the guy who is already in ADS should not have a single advantage, until your language introduced that idea. I think the disconnect here is that you are downplaying the importance of the delay and how it factors into gunfights, because everyone is subject to the delay. Whereas aku:jiki is saying that it's fine if someone has an advantage because they're already looking at an area in ADS, but it's not cool with him that there's even MORE of a disadvantage to not already being in ADS all the time, compared to how it used to be.

It's just a matter of when you decide to compensate for that delay, and the relative valuation of how "fair" it is to force you to change how and when you ADS with the addition of this delay in comparison to how it used to be.

To aku:jiki, it's obviously an issue, but to you, it's not. However, I think in this case, the arguing and talking past each other could have been avoided if you had not introduced different language to argue against him, or simply replied to his specific words.

Konig94

Neo Member
Alienshogun said:
Wow, you are seriously wasting my time.

Do yourself a favor and reread my posts until it sinks in.

Not that I should be surprised since you're the guy who thinks showing others your balls or pictures of someone else's genitalia is a fundamental human right.

I'm going to do everyone else a favor and just put you on ignore till someone lets me know you're no longer a dumbass or till you forget to breath and the situation fixes itself.

How did you even manage to get to their crate in nuketown?

Nice work!

I got there just as it dropped and my team and I were clearing out that side (so, luck). Also, you shouldn't be ADS while walking into rooms or watching an entrance, unless it's really narrow, (I don't know if this has anything to do with what you guys are bickering about, but that part about it bugged me :p).

Edit:

demolitio said:
Is it sad that I find diving through windows so extremely satisfying? I usually just jumped and crouched at the same time to get through most windows but now I go for the dive as I feel like a stuntman... :lol

Don't tell me as I already know, I'm easily entertained.

I love doing this too, and it feels like I can navigate a map faster in some places (the low windows in villa next to the pool).

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
zero margin said:
I'm done with this I think already, trying to play against people with better connections is pointless. Lose almost every encounter.
They said they patched some lag issues, here's hoping that wasn't the extent of lag fixes we will see.

Alienshogun said:
They said they patched some lag issues, here's hoping that wasn't the extent of lag fixes we will see.

I'll give it some time since there aint a damn thing else to play, when I can barely even get the gun raised (with sleight of hand pro!) before I'm dead there is a problem. Of course in the killcam I was in their view for a couple seconds but on my screen they had literally just come around the corner.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
zero margin said:
I'll give it some time since there aint a damn thing else to play, when I can barely even get the gun raised (with sleight of hand pro!) before I'm dead there is a problem. Of course in the killcam I was in their view for a couple seconds but on my screen they had literally just come around the corner.

Yeah, it's definitely noticeable when lag is in a game. It can be pretty damn frustrating.

Nizz

zero margin said:
This happens often to me. Sometimes it makes me want to throw my controller. On the other hand, last night I had a great night. Went positive in K/D in all but maybe 2 games. I even had some matches where I went 20 something kills and deaths in the single digits.

I think a lot had to do with unlocking the AK-47. Damn, I'm loving that assault rifle. :D My go-to before that was the Galil silenced with red dot sight. That's still one of my loadouts but my other assault rifle class is the AK, and it'll be that way for a looong time for me.

Jrmint

Is the PM63 worth using? I just unlocked it, and as good as they are I am getting tired of using the Galil and AK74u over and over.

Can someone recommend me some underused, underrated guns?

Dresden

Skel said:
Is the PM63 worth using? I just unlocked it, and as good as they are I am getting tired of using the Galil and AK74u over and over.

stakeout

L96A1

Konig94

Neo Member
Skel said:

I don't know if they're underrated, but I really like the MPL and the Spectre.

Kyoufu said:
C4 being thrown on someone. They die from the throw. How...does that happen

Oh, I don't know. Is that a glitch ? There are other videos of people dying from taking a direct hit of unexploded C4 to the head as well. :lol Does it do damage? Maybe if your close to death it actually does a point value damage from just hitting you?

So....

Is this lag?

That is major bullshit. That would upset me as well.

Top Bottom