• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Jrmint

Dresden said:
stakeout

L96A1
I should mention I don't really use LMGs or Shotguns :)

I don't know if they're underrated, but I really like the MPL and the Spectre.
Thanks, I'll try those.

Asking again for new page:

Is the PM63 any good?

Also, any underrated, underused guns you guys recommend? (AR's and SMG's)

Najaf said:
I'm not seeing the problem here.

The problem is the theatre mode unfortunetly wont be in the next COD because the community is using to complain about every "cheap" death :lol (and yes some of them are bad)

Is the PM63 any good?

I didn't like it. Its like using a machune pistol from MW2 as a main.

CozMick

Banned
Anyone else having problems seeing there uploaded videos on CallofDuty.com?

My screenshots are viewable but my vids ain't nowhere to be seen :(

Kyoufu said:
C4 being thrown on someone. They die from the throw. How...does that happen
Since CoD4 (maybe before?) the impact of an undetonated smoke/flashbang/concussion grenade can hurt you or even kill you if you're hurt enough. So suddenly they add C4 to the mix and that is bad...

I don't see the problem and why that has anything to do with talent.

Anerythristic said:
The problem is the theatre mode unfortunetly wont be in the next COD because the community is using to complain about every "cheap" death :lol (and yes some of them are bad)

That's not even a cheap death. The guy was basically dead from the first c4 blast and had no health left. Technically that shouldn't kill you but for game purposes who cares.

Dresden

zero margin said:
He was on the brink of death. I've hit someone with a thrown grenade and had the same thing happen.
I've had a frag roll down the stairs to clip my foot and kill me, after I got shot a couple of time and retreated down the stairs.

Loxley

Anerythristic said:
I didn't like it. Its like using a machune pistol from MW2 as a main.

Pretty much. The PM63 feels like running around with the TMP, plus you can't fit it with dual/extended mag or any sort of RDS :/

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Worst lag ever tonight. Just terrible, people seemingly teleporting 10' at a time, getting killed around corners and by people who aren't even there. That patch really sorted things out, thanks Treyarch!!

demolitio

Skel said:
I should mention I don't really use LMGs or Shotguns :)

Thanks, I'll try those.

Asking again for new page:

Is the PM63 any good?

Also, any underrated, underused guns you guys recommend? (AR's and SMG's)

Spectre with a grip and rapid fire is my favorite weapon in the game. Then I have the Spectre with a grip and suppressor for my stealth class. Best gun ever...

Hixx

Minigun room on Vorkuta on Vet needs to FUCK OFF. Putting fucking super soldiers in a fucking CoD game. It should never, ever take 30 rounds to kill any enemy who can one shot you. Never. And to have them infinitely respawn is beyond a joke.

smik

NinjaFridge said:
Worst lag ever tonight. Just terrible, people seemingly teleporting 10' at a time, getting killed around corners and by people who aren't even there. That patch really sorted things out, thanks Treyarch!!

no lag for me.

are you using local search only in your preference options?

mcrae

canadian crowe said:
Does anybody revive in this game? I feel like I revive people constantly, but nobody does the same for me.

i played a couple games with a buddy where we both used headsets, but were playing with randoms team deathmatch on ps3. when i was downed i would just ask for a teamate to revive and say my location and 80% of the time someone would come

Jrmint

demolitio said:
Spectre with a grip and rapid fire is my favorite weapon in the game. Then I have the Spectre with a grip and suppressor for my stealth class. Best gun ever...
Good to hear, I'll look forward to trying that out.

Thanks!

mcrae

HixxSAFC said:
Minigun room on Vorkuta on Vet needs to FUCK OFF. Putting fucking super soldiers in a fucking CoD game. It should never, ever take 30 rounds to kill any enemy who can one shot you. Never. And to have them infinitely respawn is beyond a joke.

i never understand why people complain about the hardest setting on a game. complain the easiest setting is too hard, fine, but dont complain that the hardest setting is too hard.

if your argument is that the other settings are too easy and therefore not fun, but the hardest setting is hard in stupid ways and therefore not fun, well then i think you need to shelve the game and play something else.

otherwise people need to mostly stfu about vet difficulty.

For anyone who is just starting, avoid spending money on the following weapons:

MAC11: You will need to use an entire clip just to kill one guy.
Olympia (though you have no way to anyway): Completely inconsistent.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
smik said:
no lag for me.

are you using local search only in your preference options?

I've had it set to locale for the past few nights. It was actually starting to get decent before the patch but i haven't had a decent game since.
There was a noticeable delay between me pressing the fire button and my gun actually firing, i apparently need to see into the future to play COD now.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Has anyone else on PS3 noticed the framerate being a bit worse after the patch? Before I only noticed it on Firing Range and Jungle but I'm frequently noticing it on other maps that I know were smoother before.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
RoboPlato said:
Has anyone else on PS3 noticed the framerate being a bit worse after the patch? Before I only noticed it on Firing Range and Jungle but I'm frequently noticing it on other maps that I know were smoother before.

Yeah, this too. Hanoi with lag and a worse framerate than before was a disaster.

Jrmint

By the way, what about the Skorpion? I've seen it has the highest damage numbers of any SMG up close, but does its medium range potential make it not worth it?

TestOfTide said:

Dual MACs with steady aim are pretty good for running and gunning.

aristotle

I haven't noticed anything bad after the patch on PS3. It runs much better for me.

Question: how do you know it's bad framerate and not lag? They seem to be interchangeable to me in most of this thread.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Skel said:
By the way, what about the Skorpion? I've seen it has the highest damage numbers of any SMG up close, but does its medium range potential make it not worth it?

Skorpion is a beast on NukeTown. It has poor range but you can hit someone in the opposite house in NukeTown if you take your time to aim.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
aristotle said:
I haven't noticed anythign bad after the patch on PS3. It runs much better for me.

Question: how do you know it's bad framerate and not lag? They seem to be interchangeable to me in most of this thread.
My connection has been pretty steady before and after the patch and I even noticed the difference in combat training so I'm pretty sure it's a framerate thing and not a lag issue. Here's hoping that if they changed something it gets fixed relatively soon.

.nimrod

Ugh, wager matches are awful with the current netcode situation, especially One In The Chamber.
No game has ever made me rage so much due to lag >:|

Dresden

Skel said:

It doesn't have much recoil, so yes, it's fine in range.

TestOfTide said:

I'm other worldly with this thing. If I get a below 2.00 K/D using it on any map I'm honestly surprised. I use Grip/Stock - Extended Mags.

aristotle

RoboPlato said:
My connection has been pretty steady before and after the patch and I even noticed the difference in combat training so I'm pretty sure it's a framerate thing and not a lag issue. Here's hoping that if they changed something it gets fixed relatively soon.

That makes sense. I have never noticed the framerate issues many on here are talking about though even in CT. Mine seems to run fine for the most part (not counting the lag). The patch has made the game faster for me. I am running on a slim model though upgraded to 300 gig with about 85 or so gigs free.

aristotle

Jarate said:
why do people only use AK74u with supressors in this game

it's fucking annoying

Because it works? That's why I use it. People don't see me when I kill their buddy so I'm able to get several others usually.

i'm not a massive COD fan but i've been feeling the itch lately so i'm thinking of getting Black Ops... but is it full of problems on PS3? is the framerate clearly worse than in previous games? one of the main reasons why i want to play COD is the smoothness compared to other games, so if that aspect is broken in Black Ops i don't want it.

is it a fairly constant 40-60fps like the previous games, or..?

bdouble

Anerythristic said:
I'm other worldly with this thing. If I get a below 2.00 K/D using it on any map I'm honestly surprised. I use Grip/Stock - Extended Mags.
I agree with this. First SMG I've used and slap this setup with SOH and Scavenger. Its great. I'm rotating through that and Famas/extended mags/flack jacket and M16/silencer/stealth setups.

Mileena

Banned
It performs and looks worse than every previous CoD on PS3 aside maybe CoD3. That doesn't stop me from destroying most of the people I play against.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
sneaky77 said:
so this is my first COD since COD4, so far I am having fun although I suck, but can anyone explain what contracts do?

You can win COD points if you complete them, which you can then use to buy new weapons, attachments etc.

Jarate

Banned
AK74u with supressors + ghost make almost all game types unplayable for me

honestly, the gun should be moved to assault rifles considering it is one.

aristotle

sneaky77 said:
so this is my first COD since COD4, so far I am having fun although I suck, but can anyone explain what contracts do?

You pay for them. If you fulfill the requirements you get more money than you invested (usually about 5x) and sometimes XP for the "harder" ones.

astroturfing said:
i'm not a massive COD fan but i've been feeling the itch lately so i'm thinking of getting Black Ops... but is it full of problems on PS3? is the framerate clearly worse than in previous games? one of the main reasons why i want to play COD is the smoothness compared to other games, so if that aspect is broken in Black Ops i don't want it.

It seems to be anecdotal at this point. DF said the PS3 is slightly better than the 360 (unless I'm thinking of a different game). It runs smooth for me, but others have problems for some reason. Rent it maybe and see before you plunk down the cash?

THis game can be so unplesent, 6 of us in a party want to play, takes 10+ minutes/tries to find that every time the lobby will close or kick half of us, in the end we had to find a game and anyone who was kicked had to the press y to bring up the friends list and quick join before the match started, this also ment sometimes we were split between both teams.

Then there's still the case of terrible net code, I can shoot 5 ak47 rounds into a sniper to see on the kill cam I did nothing of the sort as he snipes me in the chest for a 1hit kill, this is with full green ping too :/ no other game I have played on live in this shitty apart from gears of war's shotgun dances :(

It's rather depressing.

Mileena

Banned
Jarate said:
AK74u with supressors + ghost make almost all game types unplayable for me

honestly, the gun should be moved to assault rifles considering it is one.
M5Ski.jpg

Jarate

Banned
corkscrewblow said:

Last night I played domination against a bunch of people

the whole entire team used ak74u's with supressors and ghost. I understand you guys like the gun, but that doesn't mean it's not a cheap POS

and yes, I am mad

.nimrod

astroturfing said:

No.

If you want to play it for the 60fps experience, get the 360 version or the PC version if you have a quad core cpu. The PS3 version performs awful, it's more like Assassins Creed 1 on PS3 when it was released: The framerate is almost never at 60fps (feels like 20-30fps in mp), it crashes several times a day and on top of that is the lowest resolution of all versions (960x544).

A lot of people, myself included, are extremely disappointed since it's way worse than the last 3 games.

Jarate said:
Last night I played domination against a bunch of people

the whole entire team used ak74u's with supressors and ghost. I understand you guys like the gun, but that doesn't mean it's not a cheap POS

and yes, I am mad

Dude what are you using? The AK74u is what I pick up as a secondary after I kill the guy wielding it.

Jarate

Banned
Anerythristic said:
Dude what are you using? The AK74u is what I pick up as a secondary after I kill the guy wielding it.
Famas/Galil/G11/Spas/Olympia/Enfield/M60/AUG

I use a bunch of different guns in the game, why does no one else

Jarate said:
Famas/Galil/G11/Spas/Olympia/Enfield/M60/AUG

I use a bunch of different guns in the game, why does no one else

I feel you, I no longer use the AK74u just because there are better guns.

AUG I have experience with. It should eat an AK74u alive gun on gun.

Fire rate beats power (excluding sniper and shotty of course) gun on gun.

I know for a fact with actual playtesting that the MAC 11 also beats the AK74u gun to gun consistantly.

Top Bottom