• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
TacticalFox88 said:
OMFG! These corner shots are pissing me off. I CLEARLY go around the corner after escaping from being shot from behind, yet a bullet STILL hits me. Fucking inexcusable.

It's the lag, and there is copious amounts of it.

It's beginning to grate on my nerves.

TheOddOne

Has anybody noticed that on Veteran if you reload enemies can't seem to hit you, the moment you have reloaded then they insta-kill you. Fuck kind of retarded shit is that?

What's with the 600MB patch for the single player application on Steam? I can understand them patching MP (which is also a 600MB file), but what was broken with SP?

1.2GB update... I really feel sorry for people on small monthly caps.

Max

I am not Max
lastplayed said:
What's with the 600MB patch for the single player application on Steam? I can understand them patching MP (which is also a 600MB file), but what was broken with SP?

7.6MB and 9MB for me :|

Nabs

lastplayed said:

yikes. both updates were under 10mb for me.

-viper- said:
in one match at nuketown, i got a chopper gunner AND gunship from a carepackage.

awesome.

I came so close to having 2 chopper gunners ready to call out at the same time, I got one from a care package and before I could call it out I had to defend myself from the enemies who rushed me trying to steal my package, I killed like 3 of them but the 4th got me.

1 Kill off my killstreak chopper gunner reward, it would be been beutiful. Nothing will beat the time I and a friend got chopper gunners out of care packages simultaneusly though, the opponents must have hated that game. :lol

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Okay BlopsGaf. I need your help pretty desperately.

So I've reached Rebirth and this sudden stealth gameplay is insultingly bad. So bad it's made me hate this entire game.
For three hours now I've followed Reznov between hiding spots and there is no way to avoid being spotted on the third hiding spot and getting one-shotted on recruit. Yeah I sacrificed my achievements for this fucking mission. I'm not spotted by the helicopter searchlight and I even hide behind the crate for protection on three sides. I always get caught. Does Reznov get swarmed too? Fucking no. Just like Woods, fucking Woods. Glad he's dead.

/sailor talk off

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Max said:
Anyone on PC up for some zombies? Now that it works and all, might as well play it.
Sure, but I don't have "Five" yet. Will send an invite.

-Winnie- said:
That really shouldn't be happening...
Just take your time and follow behind Reznov and stay close to him. I died a few times just because I was impatient and ran ahead, but if you follow Reznov you should be fine.
I should Fraps what's happening to me because I follow every move Reznov takes and it still happens. I park next to him too, crouched and proned. Still happens.

Xevren said:
Is that the mission where you get a hatchet at the beginning? What through me off is on the third time he stopped you have to kill the guy ahead, usually they say to kill someone but they didn't there. Once I did that everything else was just fine.
I think you got it. Thanks a million, will try in a few.

-Winnie-

Thnikkaman said:

So I've reached Rebirth and this sudden stealth gameplay is insultingly bad. So bad it's made me hate this entire game.
For three hours now I've followed Reznov between hiding spots and there is no way to avoid being spotted on the third hiding spot and getting one-shotted on recruit. Yeah I sacrificed my achievements for this fucking mission. I'm not spotted by the helicopter searchlight and I even hide behind the crate for protection on three sides. I always get caught. Does Reznov get swarmed too? Fucking no. Just like Woods, fucking Woods. Glad he's dead.

/sailor talk off

That really shouldn't be happening...
Just take your time and follow behind Reznov and stay close to him. I died a few times just because I was impatient and ran ahead, but if you follow Reznov you should be fine.

Xevren

Thnikkaman said:

/sailor talk off

Is that the mission where you get a hatchet at the beginning? What threw me off is on the third time he stopped you have to kill the guy ahead, usually they say to kill someone but they didn't there. Once I did that everything else was just fine.

-viper-

Banned
bobs99 ... said:
I came so close to having 2 chopper gunners ready to call out at the same time, I got one from a care package and before I could call it out I had to defend myself from the enemies who rushed me trying to steal my package, I killed like 3 of them but the 4th got me.

1 Kill off my killstreak chopper gunner reward, it would be been beutiful. Nothing will beat the time I and a friend got chopper gunners out of care packages simultaneusly though, the opponents must have hated that game. :lol
The gunship is easily the best perk for Nuketown if you get it.

You can immediately shoot your gun as soon as the killstreak starts, fire rockets and position yourself in the middle so you can attack both spawns if need be.

Jrmint

Ok the Skorpion is an absolute MONSTER.

So I used for the past hour or so:

Won the first 5 FFA's I played by 7-10 kills each time
Total record since I started playing with it is 154 kills/47 deaths

To put it simply, it is UNSTOPPABLE in close range. Even against AK74u, I killed many a user of that gun in close range. I know because I saw the pickup icon for it right when I ran over them.

In range the damage drops a bit, but almost 0 recoil, so you can still easily win a firefight if you know what you're doing.

I use extended mags only with it, to get the mag size up to 30, which I'd say is required so you can get 2-3 kills in a single mag if necessary in close range.

The best map for it I've found is Summit. The fewest kills I had in 4 matches there was 27, and the most deaths I had I think was 14.

Using Ghost Pro, SoH Pro, SC Pro if curious.

Finally decided to spend some time on an emblem and came up with this.

BLOPS.jpg

It's a work in progress as I unlock more layers/emblems, but I think it turned out pretty well.

Nabs said:
That's only the case if you don't bother respawning after changing your fov.
Holy shit Batman! I can see! Went from half to full; I definitely see a difference.
TacticalFox88 said:
OMFG! These corner shots are pissing me off. I CLEARLY go around the corner after escaping from being shot from behind, yet a bullet STILL hits me. Fucking inexcusable.
P2P baby!

Thnikkaman said:

/sailor talk off

You have to
knife the guy that is in the light, Reznov never says anything but there is a soldier standing with his back to you in between two big metal crates. I got so pissed at this part, too, kept getting caught.

TheUsual

Gold Member
So I just finished single player the other night, and I think I'm feeling Call of Duty fatigue. It just feels too much of the same heavily scripted stuff just with a new fresh coat of paint.

Multiplayer is solid, but I've already lost interest. Anyone else feeling this way?

I liked the story of the game, but that ending...argh.
The music and the jets flying by, just too corny for my taste. Also, I couldn't figure out who the interrogators were at first. I thought initially they were Bowman and Woods, but well, we all saw what happened in the game with that

Owzers

Just got the AK47 unlocked and i'm slightly disappointed. It has more recoil than the FAMAS i'm currently using and i suck at aiming as it is. I use Steady Aim though so i may still use it just because it's a bit better than the FAMAS in stats-ville. I finally started using the grenade launcher instead of the suppressor all the time and that's a lot of fun too.

Claymore + Grenade Launcher + Hardline = lots of spy planes :p

AcciDante

Theater mode is weirdly inconsistent. I've noticed it before, but actually had a good example just now. At the end of my clip when I was recording, I zoomed in on my buddy's face for a closing shot :lol Now when I watch the clip, the final zoom in is on his shoulder...

Jrmint

Alienshogun said:
Reach is the superior game though.
Not for me, I honestly think it is preference. I really enjoyed it at first, but then all I was doing was using 1 gun.

For me the customization in CoD is much more meaningful and fun to me, since it isn't just aesthetic.

I don't want to turn this into a Reach v. CoD debate, but I just think you shouldn't state that like a fact, when it is a matter of preference.

Owzers

Skel said:
Not for me, I honestly think it is preference. I really enjoyed it at first, but then all I was doing was using 1 gun.

For me the customization in CoD is much more meaningful and fun to me, since it isn't just aesthetic.

I don't want to turn this into a Reach v. CoD debate, but I just think you shouldn't state that like a fact, when it is a matter of preference.

100% preference, completely different games. I like how CoD let's me play the modes i want to play though, unlike when i rented Reach and was stuck playing Snipers only so many times because it's apparently really popular.

Skel said:

Same here. I honestly can't stand Reach, tis why I gave up after a month. I think the SP just left a VERY VERY sour taste that it carried over to the MP. *shrug* Who knows. Regardless I enjoyed BO.

TacticalFox88 said:
Same here. I honestly can't stand Reach, tis why I gave up after a month. I think the SP just left a VERY VERY sour taste that it carried over to the MP. *shrug* Who knows. Regardless I enjoyed BO.

2vsondi.gif

Anyway, I liked reach but I'm a sucker for a join mid match feature..

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Okay, we got Zombies to work and had some fun. Just noticed too that Tank Dempsey is Steve Blum, he sounds an awful lot like Oghren sometimes!

Thnikkaman said:
Okay, we got Zombies to work and had some fun. Just noticed too that Tank Dempsey is Steve Blum, he sounds an awful lot like Oghren sometimes!
Yeah, that was a lot of fun. DOA is nuts too, I wish we would have been able to gun down that
space gorilla
I wanted to see what he would drop.:lol

Smo21

ok so i think ive encountered a glitch is sp. I just
]killed Castro
and Woods wont move. I worked my way into this courtyard that has an rpg in it and 2 enemies just keep respawning behind this fence. Ive killed them over a 100 times and they just keep on coming back. Wtf is up and am I the only one this is happening to? I tried saving quiting and reloading but he just doesnt want to move.

pc patch definitely makes the game playable now. I now gave this eternal choice to make between AA, shadows on or off, and sync. Can o ly pick 2, vut never 3.

Guess it's a WIP.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Smo21 said:
ok so i think ive encountered a glitch is sp. I just
]killed Castro
and Woods wont move. I worked my way into this courtyard that has an rpg in it and 2 enemies just keep respawning behind this fence. Ive killed them over a 100 times and they just keep on coming back. Wtf is up and am I the only one this is happening to? I tried saving quiting and reloading but he just doesnt want to move.
This happened to me twice (360 version). I had to restart the whole mission over a couple of times, but it worked the third time.

ZZMitch

Loving the Commando, I think i like it over the Galill with a silencer.

Might be my second favorite gun behind the Ak-47. That thing is a tank.

survivor

Banned
So guys any suggestions for SMGs? Are AK74u and MP5 still the top tier SMGs or did the patch even them out? I have been using the MAC one and it's pretty fun, but I just can't aim with it mid range. It's only good for close quarter fights.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
That patch REALLY improved the matchmaking for me. I can now get into a game in about 15-20 seconds.

Also, is it me or does the game seem faster after the patch(360 version)? I was flying all over Cracked in FFA but I don't use Marathon.

I am really starting to appreciate Nuketown on TDM. It's a stupid fun map that is ok in small doses.

Dresden

survivor said:
So guys any suggestions for SMGs? Are AK74u and MP5 still the top tier SMGs or did the patch even them out? I have been using the MAC one and it's pretty fun, but I just can't aim with it mid range. It's only good for close quarter fights.
AK74u is at the top... then it's the MPL and the Spectre. Kiparis and MP5 round out the top half of the guns.

Every SMG other than the Uzi seems good, tbh. I just can't use that damn thing. Awful sights, bad recoil.

survivor

Banned
Dresden said:
AK74u is at the top... then it's the MPL and the Spectre. Kiparis and MP5 round out the top half of the guns.

Every SMG other than the Uzi seems good, tbh. I just can't use that damn thing. Awful sights, bad recoil.
Ya the Uzi is horrible. I tried it for one match, I couldn't get a single one on one kill.

Ughhh played 3 games tonight on my night off was shitting on kids and all of a sudden disconnected from Live. Ughh I hate that.

Internet still works fine too. No idea why this happens.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Smo21 said:
I just
killed Castro
and Woods wont move. I worked my way into this courtyard that has an rpg in it and 2 enemies just keep respawning behind this fence.
Dude, it's Woods. Guy's a dick.

Top Bottom