• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

I've been playing the PS3 version but tonight thought I'd get the 360 version too, since my colleague just picked this game up. Should be interesting to see if I experience the same lag issues.

Mileena

Banned
Holy shit the Uzi has the worst fucking iron sights now. It was so fun to use in MW2 with a silencer but now it's absolutely worthless.

edit: crisis averted, MAC 10 is awesome.

jlevel13

I went 29-1 in TDM on Radiation tonight, best match result I've ever had in a CoD game. Felt pretty good, especially because, in general, I've actually been having a harder time with Black Ops. Finally getting to use that chopper gunner kill streak was holy cow fun.

Always-honest said:
A shitty map = a map you suck on, right?

No. It's means it's a crappy map. IW had some crappy maps as well. I'm an equal opportunity offender. I'm glad that connecting with a party seems to be better but hit detection seems to still be off. It would happen on occasion in MW2 but it's more pronounced here; I'd see an enemy in the distance and knowing that I won't have time to aim down sights to take them out I'd move behind my cover (most times a wall) to try and take another route. Oddly enough I'll die after taking several steps behind cover. Clearly it's a lag issue.

I'm not the best player out there but I can still have an above 2.0 k/d ratio and still not be impressed by the game. I don't get why you're acting like I insulted you directly. Are you on Treyarch's payroll?

kuYuri

corkscrewblow said:
Holy shit the Uzi has the worst fucking iron sights now. It was so fun to use in MW2 with a silencer but now it's absolutely worthless.

edit: crisis averted, MAC 10 is awesome.

Yep, I found the MAC11 to be pretty much the Mini-Uzi from MW series but with a smaller clip.

Dresden

Bah, my bro and I said fuck it and prestiged. I think I got about thirty levels on the account to his twenty.

Decided to go for Hardened Pro right from the start... also Hacker Pro and Flak Jacket Pro, all three perks I've never used before. I still haven't come across a loose frag. I'm almost done with Hardened Pro--just need one hundred more shots in an aircraft, problem is no one gets a chopper up--and I don't have money for a motion sensor or claymore, or C4's, right now.

Is my connection poor or is it normal for me to shoot someone, be killed, and on the killcam see that I never actually shot the person? Having to shelve this game for awhile, at level 45 but, damn, the hit detection and lag is putting me off.

Xux said:
Couple videos showing the glory and awesomesaucedness of Flak Jacket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_zVGIdaBHY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ENfcsPWqlg
Flack Jacket really is amazing. It rocks for HQ and Demolition. It has even saved me from cars blowing up. I haven't tried for Pro, but I imagine it would be fucking awesome to re-use all those nades you run over. Oh and being able to walk through napalm, which always kills me (invisible fire? how come my napalm strikes do dick, also?), would be nice, too.

Vormund

Saren is Bad said:
Is my connection poor or is it normal for me to shoot someone, be killed, and on the killcam see that I never actually shot the person? Having to shelve this game for awhile, at level 45 but, damn, the hit detection and lag is putting me off.

Yeah I mentioned that earlier. :/ My connection isn't really that bad either.

Dresden said:
Bah, my bro and I said fuck it and prestiged. I think I got about thirty levels on the account to his twenty.

Decided to go for Hardened Pro right from the start... also Hacker Pro and Flak Jacket Pro, all three perks I've never used before. I still haven't come across a loose frag. I'm almost done with Hardened Pro--just need one hundred more shots in an aircraft, problem is no one gets a chopper up--and I don't have money for a motion sensor or claymore, or C4's, right now.

Play demolition; nades aplenty for FJ pro, usually a number of killstreaks for Hardened pro, and people always use claymores/equipment. Lots of points as well.

Dresden

sw33tclyde said:
Play demolition; nades aplenty for FJ pro, usually a number of killstreaks for Hardened pro, and people always use claymores/equipment. Lots of points as well.
I'll try that, thanks.

Xux

Gosh darnit, my friend keeps getting bad lag and now hates this game while I don't notice much more than MW2 and hate playing alone. :(

tsigo

Just got the game tonight on a whim.

What's the counter to Camera Spikes and Motion Sensors (in the vein of flashes/stuns on Claymores)? I only saw one camera spike and didn't get to try anything on it.

One negative thing I've already noticed is that if one player is dominating a game and a bunch of people ragequit, the game isn't likely to fill back up like it did for MW2. Is this their counter to people complaining about joining games mid-round? Cause I'm not sure having to finish games with half a lobby is much better.

Loxley

Quick question about the PC version; has Treyarch mentioned anything with regards to further performance-related patches coming down the pipe? Only asking because while the game is far from optimal, it's literally a hair away from being playable on medium settings while maintaining 60 FPS : /

legend166

So I'm about half way through the single player. This is essentially the first Call of Duty game I've played extensively (I think I played the first mission or so in MW1 and MW2).

I don't get the appeal. I mean, it's just so mindless. I see what they're going for, the whole balls to the wall non-stop action thing. But the supposed 'wow' moments are so common that nothing actually wows you. It seems strange to say it with the sensory overload, but it's just boring.

I cant begin to describe the diffence playing on 360 is compared to PS3....vie been playing on 360 tonight and It plays like it should...i shoot someone, they die- unlike my experience on PS3, where it was a total crapshoot as to if my bullets would actually register...

Dresden

Strider2K99 said:
I am really hating the RPK. Hopefully, the Stoner takes away the bad taste of the RPK.
RPK has crazy recoil. Disappointed me since I wanted another RPD, and the RPK has excellent iron sights. The Stoner is basically HK-21 on steroids, though. Feels like the M249 from MW1.

Xux

For shits and giggles:

Most kills with:

RPK (429)
Enfield (316)
AK47 (304)
MP5K (261)
M14 (225)

Most times killed by:

AK74u (388)
Famas (357)
MP5K (158)
Galil (156)
Enfield (141)

Never been killed by the China Lake.

Griffith

Banned
FUCK. Playing through Khe sanh on veteran and got to the part near the end where you have to take out the tanks with the TOW(?) missiles, I destroy 3 tanks and all of a sudden I get a glitch where I get stuck with the guidance screen after firing a missile, I can't do anything and it throws me out of the jeep and I have no HUD, no weapons, the sound is messed up and all I can do is walk around until I die.

The worst part is it gave me a checkpoint right after that so I have to restart from the beginning of the fucking level.

tsigo

So yeah, this game's matchmaking is fucking broken. I start a FFA game with 8 people, start winning, 4 of them leave early in the game, and then it stays 4 people for the rest of the game. Boring as fuck. Back to the lobby and 4 people immediately join. Joining games that already started wasn't that big of a problem.

Edit: And again. 6 on 6 for Demolition, 2 people on one team leave, rest of the match is 6-4. Fun!

Jrmint

Anyone else have awesome results with the Skorpion, or is it just me?

As I said last page, that thing is unstoppable close range.

Johnlenham said:
Yeah people just run past, dickbags :lol
Ill revive if we're losing and its close. Other than that I'm not going to waste time that I could be getting kills and then leave myself vulnerable to being shot to help you because you died! No sir.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Yay MP fun, mainly cause im getting whats going on........ finding campers etc. Averaging 15+ kill a match now on TDM.

Stole someones chopper gunner and ran away loling and got shot in the back, was worth it though.

chapel

Banned
I love the G11. I have been seriously disappointed with the M16, which was my favorite weapon in MW1/2, because of how many shots it seems to take to kill. I feel like I am at a disadvantage using it against SMGs or other ARs. The G11 though, it just rocks. Rarely does it take 3 shots, and sometimes I get an awesome one shot headshot due to great aim. Only downside is lack of good attachments, I haven't tried the variable scope, but the low powered scope sucks and I got annoyed of using it, so I am using iron sights.

Quick question, does your choice of secondary affect your movement speed? Having a launcher on my back when going for Ghost Pro really annoyed me, it felt like it slowed me down so much. I havent felt this with the Crossbow, but since its a bulky secondary I assume it must do something to your movement speed?

Maybe its just in my head? I swear I felt sluggish when trying to run and gun with a launcher on my back.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
bobs99 ... said:
Quick question, does your choice of secondary affect your movement speed? Having a launcher on my back when going for Ghost Pro really annoyed me, it felt like it slowed me down so much. I havent felt this with the Crossbow, but since its a bulky secondary I assume it must do something to your movement speed?

Maybe its just in my head? I swear I felt sluggish when trying to run and gun with a launcher on my back.

Nah im pretty sure it does. Launchers and the big ol' machine guns slow you down.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
bobs99 ... said:

Pretty sure that only the gun in your hand affects your speed.

Top Bottom