• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

MarshMellow96 said:
I'm level 25 1st prestige and I've never got a pro perk. True story!
I got two, hacker and something else. One was an accident, hacker I tried deliberately to get, was excited to sabotage enemy turrets and ish but the oppurtunity never really came. Fuck it!

jonnybryce said:
I got two, hacker and something else. One was an accident, hacker I tried deliberately to get, was excited to sabotage enemy turrets and ish but the oppurtunity never really came. Fuck it!

Well I'm not telling the whole truth - I unlocked one (warlord). I didn't buy it though.

I dunno, I use hardline but I don't use care packages (takes you out of the game for too long). I don't like to sprint around the map. I don't like hiding bushes. I don't like to spray everywhere, I don't like being in last stand.

The only perks I would try to get are Warlord, SoH and Hacker. The rest I would never use...

Nelo Ice

Banned
MarshMellow96 said:
I'm level 25 1st prestige and I've never got a pro perk. True story!

im level 27 1st prestige and have gotten ghost pro and seight of hand pro

and im either a challenge or 2 away from getting hardline pro, warlord pro, and hacker pro :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Najaf said:
Semi-auto rifles become machine guns.

A lot of people blame others who shoot very fast for modded controllers, I've been blamed plenty. I think there are less modded controllers, and more people just blaming others.

Oh and Najaf! BACK TO STUDYING! :D

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Sucks ass that i can't get up and take a piss during a match without being KICKED inactivity.

Why doesnt everyone just use the AK74U , i'm always spraying across maps and taking down like 2,3 guys at a time with little effort

Hope this gun doesnt get NERFED.

AK74U FTW

Najaf

Alienshogun said:
A lot of people blame others who shoot very fast for modded controllers, I've been blamed plenty. I think there are less modded controllers, and more people just blaming others.

Oh and Najaf! BACK TO STUDYING! :D

Touché.

Kentpaul said:
Sucks ass that i can't get up and take a piss during a match without being KICKED inactivity.

Why doesnt everyone just use the AK74U , i'm always spraying across maps and taking down like 2,3 guys at a time with little effort

Hope this gun doesnt get NERFED.

AK74U FTW
For real. I use the m14 a lot but I switch off to the ak74u all the time...it slaughters. It tears people to shreds fast. I hope it never changes.

Glowingmonx said:
So I was able to change my clan tag color in local split screen mode and keep it in online multiplayer mode...

Speaking of which, I saw some guys who were level 30-odd (no prestige) with coloured clan tags. Hacks no?

Also, does anyone else have a problem with team name tags on players showing on opposition players? I've had a few occasions where I've seen a solitary player and gone 'oh, that's my buddy I'm good' only to be shot by them seconds later.

Loxley said:
I went back to both CoD4 and WaW for a bit today, and I realized something that I think is relatively special about the CoD franchise. Normally, in any sequel to an online multiplayer game, the assholes/griefers move on with the community at large to the new hot thing (in this case, Black Ops), while a hardcore dedicated community/pro players stay with the old game since it's what they're best at.

...but in the CoD franchise, at least in WaW and CoD4 (I can't speak for MW2 since I refuse to ever go back to that mess) all that seem to be left are the assholes :lol Based on my experience today (and today alone, for the record) 70% of the people still playing WaW are Juggernaut + MP40 w/Drum magazine users, and 70% of the people still playing CoD4 are the quick-scoping kids going for those 360 no-scope montage clips.

Granted, these are all in public matches, but I swear every other CoD4 game is a sniper lobby now o_O It's possible it was just a string of weird "luck" on my part, but it's almost laughable. It doesn't bother me all that much since I love Black Ops and have no intentions of going back to any previous CoD, but it's interesting to me to see the kinds of players that are still playing either WaW or CoD4.
Only way to play WaW is hardcore S&D or HC HQ. That's where 95% of my playtime was with my friends and it was amazing. Rifles shined in HC. SMGs were good, but you're way better off with a rifle given the openness of the maps. I haven't played BO on hardcore yet, rifles don't have a big focus in the game so most would be running around with 1 hit kill auto lasers of death I fear. :( I'll give it a whirl for S&D someday though.

Anyone got any tips for unlocking Scout Pro? Best guns and all that? I'm TERRIBLE at sniping and it's taking me for-ev-er to unlock this thing.

I usually just start the match sniping, and after making myself look like a complete moron attempting to get one shot kills for a few minutes I have to switch to a normal class just so I don't hold my team back, which means I'm only getting 1 or 2 one shot kill medals per game. At this rate I'll have the secondary kills way before I have the one shot requirements. I think I'm currently at 30/50 secondary, 17/50 one shots. And for the head shots, I'm probably going to have to use Scout with an assault rifle class even though it won't do anything just becuase I can actually head shot with those.

jlevel13

jersoc said:
amyone having lock up issues since the last pc patch? after like 15 mins my game will lock up. 4 times in a row now

yes - three hard crashes / lock-ups today (when before that it had never crashed). Other than the very first day 2 patch, somehow things seem to be getting worse - not better. sigh.

I was trying to get some flags to unlock Marathon pro and I guess everyone else was doing the same since nobody ever guards the flag. I was literally in line, waiting for my turn to grab the flag and run it back, while the enemy team was doing the same in our base. To make things worse, nobody ever helped me back to me flag, they always camped out at the enemies base waiting for it to eventually respawn.

I can understand wanting to tempt people into trying different modes through the challenges, but stuff like this really breaks the purpose of objective matches. Nobody wants to defend because they need to earn their pro perks, and the fact they'll need to earn it all over again when they prestige just means it's never going to end. It sucks, and because I really want Marathon Pro, I have to become part of the problem. :(

jonnybryce said:
14 kills strutting around with a death machine :lol

I HATE grim reaper though, sucks.

Yeah, I haven't really figured out how to use it yet. I guess you just wait until a chopper appears, but good luck surviving that long.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Why oh why am I ending up with unbalanced teams online?

Far too often games will end up 6 vs 3, or 3 v 3 because people quit and no new players join. Is this an intentional move by Treyarch? These matches are turning into Halo matches with quitters in every single one. I have to back out and research all the time because of this shit.

What's the furthest you guys have got in zombies? We got to round 23 today, holding up in one of the basement rooms.

It got to the stage where it too a few Pack-a-Punch Machine LAW rounds to take down a zombie... :lol Man, that thing is absolutely awesome. Imagine a LAW that can fire ten times without reloading, and there you have it.

I tried getting the Sacrificial Lamb achievement and failed miserably.. Ran into a group of zombies thinking 'aww yeah you guys are done', promptly exploded and got knocked down by all the zombies still standing around me...

Oh, and those monkeys are a fucking lifesaver!

Ellipsesss!

X-Frame said:
So basically, if I was to pick up this game, I would have to get it for the 360 because the PS3 version is crap (as usual)?

No. PS3 version is fine, most of the hate is just forum hyperbole. If you had to choose between the two it's probably a safe bet to go with 360 though.

aku:jiki said:
I feel stupid, I can't do it. :(

When I go to split screen and press up and a, I just open the killstreak screen... I want a pink tag to annoy people with! :lol

Did you highlight your gamercard in the multiplayer lobby? That's the key I think.
I just: highlight my gamercard in multiplayer lobby > press B > go to local splitscreen> press up on D-pad > press A > change clan tag

Tkawsome said:
I was trying to get some flags to unlock Marathon pro and I guess everyone else was doing the same since nobody ever guards the flag. I was literally in line, waiting for my turn to grab the flag and run it back, while the enemy team was doing the same in our base. To make things worse, nobody ever helped me back to me flag, they always camped out at the enemies base waiting for it to eventually respawn.

I can understand wanting to tempt people into trying different modes through the challenges, but stuff like this really breaks the purpose of objective matches. Nobody wants to defend because they need to earn their pro perks, and the fact they'll need to earn it all over again when they prestige just means it's never going to end. It sucks, and because I really want Marathon Pro, I have to become part of the problem. :(

I remember how most objective modes were broken in CoD4 and think, "well, at least they'll probably fix it in the next game and find ways to actually reward objective play."

Yet here we are four games later, and it's only gotten worse each game. Unreal.

Magik

They shouldn't have put the Chopper Gun as a 9-killstreak and made it a 11-killstreak instead. Its way to fucking easy for it to be abused with the shittiness of PSN.

KaYotiX

Banned
Just a heads up about the colored clan tag. Rumors have been going around that u may get a level reset if u do this. Not sure if you need to be reported or not. Just a rumor going around, it's the Internet so no idea if true or not.

This game is unplayable for me on the 360. 17 of my last 20 games ended in a failed host migration, while the lag and horrible spawns continue when I can play.

Time to put this one on the shelf.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Magik said:
They shouldn't have put the Chopper Gun as a 9-killstreak and made it a 11-killstreak instead. Its way to fucking easy for it to be abused with the shittiness of PSN.

2 rockets and it's dead.

It isn't OP, none of the kill streaks are.

1 man can take them out in under 5 seconds.

aku:jiki

Look at this bullshit buzzkill knife I just had in an FFA. Just look at it! His guy hasn't drawn the knife yet but my weapon is floating so I'm already dead. :(

screenshot.2047e45c9aaa5e431283010b04466423.675989674201_med.jpg

Magik

Alienshogun said:
2 rockets and it's dead.

The fuck is "OP"?

Anyways, its easy to say to shot it down when you're not on a team that:

1) Doesn't have Ghost Pro
2) Refuse to shot rockets
3) Is stuck on some bullshit spawn loop

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Alienshogun said:
2 rockets and it's dead.

Except that it takes until level 30 to get the Strela and no one else seems to give a shit about shooting choppers. :lol

ZZMitch

firehawk12 said:
Except that it takes until level 30 to get the Strela and no one else seems to give a shit about shooting choppers. :lol
Well thats really a problem with the community being made up of idiot nomads instead of a balance problem.

Jrmint

pete_townshend said:
This game is unplayable for me on the 360. 17 of my last 20 games ended in a failed host migration, while the lag and horrible spawns continue when I can play.

Time to put this one on the shelf.
That has never happened to me once in over 100 matches. I would check your connection issues instead of blaming the game.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
ZZMitch said:
Well thats really a problem with the community being made up of idiot nomads instead of a balance problem.

Well, yeah. It was a problem in MW2 as well. :lol

I just don't care about my secondary slot though, so I just use the launcher all the time. Free points!

Chrange

Banned
Magik said:
The fuck is "OP"?

Anyways, its easy to say to shot it down when you're not on a team that:

1) Doesn't have Ghost Pro
2) Refuse to shot rockets
3) Is stuck on some bullshit spawn loop

Basic guns are overpowered if you're on a team that:

1) Stands in the open
2) Has shitty aim
3) Got pushed into control area

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Just put a good string of games together where I dominated by rushing with my MP5K. Feels good man.

Spy Plane -- > Counter Spy Plane -- > Blackbird all day. Run this with hardline and it's pretty beastly.

Alright, Treyarch's lack of polish is beginning to show. Game is fucking unplayable with a three-bar a connection, I lose every single encounter.

Dresden

Although three bars could mean a whole fucking range of connections. I'd agree that anything on the low-end and on two bars is fucking unplayable. Had three games where I had two yellow bars last night, I was getting stabbed from twenty feet away because I wouldn't see them run up until it was too late. Not to mention people seemingly teleporting everywhere. Couldn't snipe at all because of how horrid it was.

Top Bottom