• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Najaf said:
Equip a turret, play FFA, let enemy steal turret, follow them, knife turret. Easy. I did it on my first attempt though your mileage may vary. Why rely on others to bring in a turret when you can guarantee one?

My wife actually gave me this idea yesterday. I'm on my second prestige and I was bitching about the turret "issue". So I lobbed the turret drop into enemy hands, and presto! Done and done.

Starting to get really good again. Something just kind of clicked tonight and I ended up somehow going more than a 2.0 K/D every match. The last match that I played, I managed to go 20-1. Having a lot of fun now.

aku:jiki

The theater upload is a random pain in the ass... I've been messing around with making little clips all day and only 3 have made it up since like 12 hours. Now my file share is full and I don't want to play more in case I get more clip material! :lol

Some flanking on Firing Range:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCSoQH7IYRs

Two noscopes out of two shots isn't bad!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjuwVLDlT1I

Got my first ever quickscope/noscope montage coming up. Bet GAF is excited! :lol

MarshMellow96 said:
Demolition is full of bloody idiots. That is all.
Feels like both Demolition and CTF took a huge hit because of the pro perks...

Or, actually, everybody being pushed toward the objective is great for Demo, it's just that everyone sucks at it right now. :lol

Cobra84

See You Next Wednesday said:
The Pro perks are such a pain in the ass to get even once that it is not worth going prestige.
They are even a pain in the ass while boosting with splitscreen or recruit level bots in Combat Training. Most are just needless grinding or odd random occurrences. I really don't want to do them online.

aku:jiki said:
Feels like both Demolition and CTF took a huge hit because of the pro perks...

Or, actually, everybody being pushed toward the objective is great for Demo, it's just that everyone sucks at it right now. :lol

I'm just hoping that in a few months the people who aren't playing it properly leave us alone!

And I'm totally anti-pro perks. I don't need them!

Dresden

aristotle said:
Holy crap. Treyarch really needs to give you a way to keep your "team mates" from stealing your crates. I hate that shit.
I had to shout into the mic to get people to take my crates, when I was getting Hardline Pro. "No, really, it's okay, go on, TAKE IT PLEASE GODDAMN IT DON'T JUST RUN PAST IT FFFFFUUU"

aristotle said:
Holy crap. Treyarch really needs to give you a way to keep your "team mates" from stealing your crates. I hate that shit.

I honestly don't really have much of a problem with this. As long as you drop it in a secure place and don't get killed, I've never ever lost one.

Yeah, I think I'll just do the first prestige and be done with it. Although I have to say that Hardline Pro is *VERY* easy. No joke, I unlocked it in one match of Domination. Had SAM Turret/Care Package/Sentry Gun equipped and every time I'd get my needed kills I'd call all 3 packages in by our flag and tell people over the mike to come and get em and then I'd run off and get killed and start over except for once when I needed to get the 7 kills without dying.

I tried out the pro version the next game...and never used it again. I got bored waiting around for the packages. :lol

aristotle

I have never once had an issue with anyone taking my crates before today. In fact I had to beg people to take them to get pro. Now it has happened all day/night. In one game alone I had 4 crates stolen from me. It's pure bullshit. There should either be a timer or a command to keep the crate from being taken. Even if you do it in a secure area, when they die and respawn, first thing they see is your crate and beeline for it. There is absolutely no way for you to take it from them.

i wish spy planes were only for me and not my team :lol , yeah i'm selfish but i've been playing games where everyone on my team has that damn RC-car.

campers gonna camp these last few games.

so close to the ak-47 :D

aristotle said:
I have never once had an issue with anyone taking my crates before today. In fact I had to beg people to take them to get pro. Now it has happened all day/night. In one game alone I had 4 crates stolen from me. It's pure bullshit. There should either be a timer or a command to keep the crate from being taken. Even if you do it in a secure area, when they die and respawn, first thing they see is your crate and beeline for it. There is absolutely no way for you to take it from them.

How far away are you getting from your crate? I don't know. As long as I don't die, like I said I'm always able to capture it before other people. And if you are getting very far away from it, some people may just be assuming its been there for awhile.

-viper-

Banned
hate the RC car.

but at least no one else is using the spy plane. none of the opposition uses it.

it's easily my favourite perk. its the only perk where the kills actually count :p

Made a big mistake... I didn't play Call of Duty on my PS3 for a while so I used MW2 to train before receiving BOps. I've played for two weeks before trying COD 2010 and... Ouch! What a huge disappointment. MW2 is far from perfect but BOps PS3 is such a failure in comparison :eek:/
Weapons, framerate, lag, graphics, map design... Everything seems downgraded to me to the point I'm back to MW2 now. What a stupid situation... :eek:/

I'm not even sure a patch could fix all the problems BOps PS3 has :eek:/

Dresden

Man, I can't believe I never used flak jacket before. This is saving my life at least five, six times a match, from all the RC cars and frags, mainly. The RC cars won't kill unless they're right up against you, and so long as you start sprinting away they usually just blow it up nearby thinking they have you. So good.

Dartastic

76324_10150094669405477_501945476_7291652_1470121_n.jpg

Awwww.

X-Frame said:
So basically, if I was to pick up this game, I would have to get it for the 360 because the PS3 version is crap (as usual)?
I have both versions and in my experience, the 360 one has less lag (none in my opinion), but matchmaking takes longer. The PS3 version gave me major issues with hit detection and lag, but matchmaking was superquick.

Mik2121

-viper- said:
It looks like the G11 is killing in one burst. It looks fantastic.
Depending on where you hit, yeah, with one burst you can kill the enemies. It's pretty damn strong and it has almost no recoil (ala ACR in MW2).

Pretty good weapon if you ask me :)

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
BigBlue1974 said:
Yeah, I think I'll just do the first prestige and be done with it. Although I have to say that Hardline Pro is *VERY* easy. No joke, I unlocked it in one match of Domination. Had SAM Turret/Care Package/Sentry Gun equipped and every time I'd get my needed kills I'd call all 3 packages in by our flag and tell people over the mike to come and get em and then I'd run off and get killed and start over except for once when I needed to get the 7 kills without dying.

I tried out the pro version the next game...and never used it again. I got bored waiting around for the packages. :lol
Holy shit, didn't even think of doing this — for some reason I was thinking that only care packages counted. Knowing this, it should be much easier to get a bunch of crates called in per match.

Wow, fuck the bullshit knife. So much Commando bullshit all of a sudden. One guy somehow managed to knife me by warping around the hood of a car. WTF? Almost every time I got a few shots off before this teleporting crap too. With a SPAS. I usually keep my distance but that's kind of hard with the play style of a shotgun.

If there was a perk that took all three slots and made it take 2 knife attacks to kill you, I would have equipped it tonight. No fucking joke.

Remind me why this garbage is in the PC version? With a mouse the knifing has no challenge at all. These LSM Ballistic knife whores always do shit, but it's cheap kills so they keep doing it.

Combine that with the bunny-hopping dopshotters and I'm about to go back to BC2. :\

AcciDante said:
RC Cars and exploding crossbows are so obnoxious in objective modes.
One round of Demolition the entire opposing team was using RC cars. The announcer literally kept repeating "Enemy RC car incoming" over and over again. I don't know what was more annoying, that or the constant waves of them.

Cobra84

Mr Sandman said:
If there was a perk that took all three slots and made it take 2 knife attacks to kill you, I would have equipped it tonight. No fucking joke.
I would too, even if were just for the point of a 7.62mm round between the eyes not being weaker than a wimpy knife slash.
AcciDante said:
Killstreaks and explosives have always ruined CoD's objective modes.

X-Frame

MDavis360 said:
I have both versions and in my experience, the 360 one has less lag (none in my opinion), but matchmaking takes longer. The PS3 version gave me major issues with hit detection and lag, but matchmaking was superquick.

Curious why the matchmaking would take longer on the 360, since I assume there's more 360 players. Still, I would be glad to wait the extra few seconds to find a match on the 360 and enjoy less lag/frame-rate problems than vice versa.

Jeff-DSA

AcciDante said:

No kidding. I play a lot of Domination and these two things are the worst part of the game by far. I hate them in any mode, to be honest. They need to nerf these a bit.

Jeff-DSA said:
No kidding. I play a lot of Domination and these two things are the worst part of the game by far. I hate them in any mode, to be honest. They need to nerf these a bit.
Yeah or just make them easier to shoot somehow. They're all over the place in objective games.

Dresden

RC cars should be about a four- or five- killstreak, tbh. They're more effective than Predators were.

I think exploding crossbows are fine though. The blast radius is tiny and it takes time to blow up, giving you plenty of time to move away.

They really need to have a dedicated team of beta testers that have the job of just being dicks and abusing everything possible so those items are fixed before release.

Dresden said:
RC cars should be about a four- or five- killstreak, tbh. They're more effective than Predators were.

I think exploding crossbows are fine though. The blast radius is tiny and it takes time to blow up, giving you plenty of time to move away.

I actually think the crossbows are pretty bad. Since the arrows don't do damage it's really hard to hit someone without getting yourself killed. Plus they're really slow to load.

KaYotiX

Banned
MarshMellow96 said:
I'm just hoping that in a few months the people who aren't playing it properly leave us alone!

And I'm totally anti-pro perks. I don't need them!

same even though i have most of them, did ghost pro totally on accident by just playing normal

Nelo Ice

Banned
damn u contracts ending before the match ends!

i had domination colossus(play 2 games and have the highest score in domination) in the bag but the contract expired before my 2nd match ended =(

well i guess damn me for taking so long to get 2/2 matches :lol

Top Bottom