• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Theater mode can really accentuate the lag issues in this game (which have been present in every single one of the CoD games to date, to be fair). Check out this clip I made last week of a quick little tear I went on back when I was in love with the AUG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVEaKYu2-G4

Notice how garbage the final kill looks. I guarantee you that this kill looked completely legit on my screen during the game, but during the theater playback, it looks like I'm shooting a few feet behind him. It's the infamous "corner kill" scenario, and it's kinda sad that they haven't been able to fix it after four iterations. :(

Still love this game though!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
divisionbyzorro said:
Theater mode can really accentuate the lag issues in this game (which have been present in every single one of the CoD games to date, to be fair). Check out this clip I made last week of a quick little tear I went on back when I was in love with the AUG:

Notice how garbage the final kill looks. I guarantee you that this kill looked completely legit on my screen during the game, but during the theater playback, it looks like I'm shooting a few feet behind him. It's the infamous "corner kill" scenario, and it's kinda sad that they haven't been able to fix it after four iterations. :(

I find the theater version of things is usually closer to "reality" than what I see on my screen.

chapel

Banned
I don't see the problem with prestiging and getting the pro perks over again. First run through, I got Ghost/Warlord/Ninja pro. 2nd go around, I only got warlord and ghost pro. Third one, at level 28 I had all three pros. I really have those three perks down.

Biff

divisionbyzorro said:

Even at 0:10 when you run around the corner... Those two guys didn't have a CHANCE to shoot you. You had at least a half-second head start on them.

Blops netcode is so hideous :(

Magik

ChefRamsay said:
Even at 0:10 when you run around the corner... Those two guys didn't have a CHANCE to shoot you. You had at least a half-second head start on them.

Blops netcode is so hideous :(

Indeed it is. There just seems to be a huge disconnect between everybody including the host. Its as if some players are going at least half a second faster than everybody else which would kind of explain why I sometimes die from what looks to be a single shot when in fact the opposing player unloaded 3+ shots on his side. Throw in the choppy framerate on the PS3 version and you have a recipe for disaster.

Mileena

Banned
Stats time!

INZKD.jpg

Finally unlocked Hardline Pro after I was put on a team who actually wanted my free Valkarye missiles, Attack Helicopters and Napalm Strike! :lol

So I then played a game on WMD-which I think I may dislike more than Nuketown at this point-it's just swarming with campers. You know that little two story in the back that has a little "loft" overlooking the two tankers? Campers always just sit in that area, and I make it my goal to just fuck with them. With Hacker-I'll just see motion sensors, claymores, etc all in that stairwell/room. So I call in a Care Package, it's ammo-reroll....Grim Reaper! :D I take that back to Camper HQ and blow those fuckers away.

Scarecrow

anyone have tips for aiming? I swear I'm aiming right at dudes from far away, but none of my shots hit, whereas they can take me out from their position with two shots.

eek5

Scarecrow said:
anyone have tips for aiming? I swear I'm aiming right at dudes from far away, but none of my shots hit, whereas they can take me out from their position with two shots.

I get in the general area with RS then aim with LS by strafing. I play on 8 sensitivity right now so it is pretty hard to aim precisely with RS

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
So after waiting for 10 fucking minutes to join a game in any mode when I could have been playing Goldeneye, I decided that I'm shelving this game until treyarch gets their shit together. Hopefully I'll still give a shit about this game by the time they do.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Guts Of Thor said:
So after waiting for 10 fucking minutes to join a game in any mode when I could have been playing Goldeneye, I decided that I'm shelving this game until treyarch gets their shit together. Hopefully I'll still give a shit about this game by the time they do.

updates/fixes incoming...

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
I might upload my Napalm Strike, seen one dude on the maps and targeted him............. his whole team died and spawned on him, got 6 or 7 kills :lol :lol

Well finally made sense of the zombie map five, but can never get too much farther with stupid unkowing randoms. Me and Mr Sandman are tired of dumbasses :lol. Would anybody on gaf be up for some zombie killing? Preferably people with mics? I use a mic, and sandman doesn't have a working pc mic, so him and I use party chat on xbox live. So please help us lol :lol

Steam ID is: micheal355

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, Tactical Mask Pro is really annoying to get. I'm just spamming grenades and hoping I hit something. All I typically get is a bunch of assists though. It also doesn't help that Nova gas sucks fierce out in the open.

snack

cdyhybrid said:
Can't believe they still haven't fixed the spawns. What a waste of $60.
Treyarch is relaxing, swimming in pools of one hundred dollar bills while we're getting spawn killed left, right, and center. How cool is that?

aku:jiki

cdyhybrid said:
I'm not at all defending the spawn system, but there is a tool that allows you to completely take the spawn system out of the equation. Tactical insertion, use it.

firehawk12 said:
Man, Tactical Mask Pro is really annoying to get. I'm just spamming grenades and hoping I hit something. All I typically get is a bunch of assists though. It also doesn't help that Nova gas sucks fierce out in the open.
You're supposed to toss your tactical and then move in for the kill with your gun dude. :lol

Just toss them in front of guys you're chasing. TacMask really doesn't take that long, you just have to remember to do it!

TheOddOne

snack said:
Treyarch is relaxing, swimming in pools of one hundred dollar bills while we're getting spawn killed left, right, and center. How cool is that?
I doubt they are swimming in pools of money. If you said their overlords are swimming in a pool of millions then I'd believe you.

Wow, fuck who ever made Five so difficult. Is there a better strat other than camp the elevator? Every time round 12 comes around we get fucked. We can't even get it going with pack and punch and shit. Pretty pathetic, got to level 32 (legit) on Der Riese. Ugh.

Level 12.

Fucking sad.

PS: Excuse the frequent f-word. I am tired and pissed. Oh and Tac Mask Pro is the best perk no one uses. <3

firehawk12

Subete no aware
aku:jiki said:
You're supposed to toss your tactical and then move in for the kill with your gun dude. :lol

Just toss them in front of guys you're chasing. TacMask really doesn't take that long, you just have to remember to do it!

I know. :lol
But most of the time I "luck out" and run into a bunch of guys, in which case I'm always killed first or I'm with someone and they get the kill before I can get my shots off.

Maybe I should just play it slow instead of going insane with my SMG/scavenger class. I like the idea of being able to constantly spam concussion grenades if I can find dead bodies though. :lol

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Mr Sandman said:
Wow, fuck who ever made Five so difficult. Is there a better strat other than camp the elevator? Every time round 12 comes around we get fucked. We can't even get it going with pack and punch and shit. Pretty pathetic, got to level 32 (legit) on Der Riese. Ugh.

Level 12.

Fucking sad.

There is a pack a punch machine?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
cdyhybrid said:

They certainly aren't perfect but they seem slightly improved in TDM. Seems like there are a few more places to spawn in each level now.

tsigo

Does anyone know what the green minimap dots mean? They look just like the enemy dots when you have a Spy Plane up, but they're green. I thought it was a teammate with Second Chance Pro needing revive, but it's not.

tsigo said:
Does anyone know what the green minimap dots mean? They look just like the enemy dots when you have a Spy Plane up, but they're green. I thought it was a teammate with Second Chance Pro needing revive, but it's not.
They're friendly decoy grenades.

SMZC

MarshMellow96 said:
I've been purposely trying to shoot guys in the head recently, only to find it takes two shots to kill? lolwhut

That's how it's always been in COD, and I like it that way. Most headshots in multiplayer FPS games are lucky shots, anyways, and in a game where there are already a lot of lucky kills to begin with, one hit kill headshots would have only added more randomness to the whole thing. No one likes getting killed with one shot by someone who was spraying and praying.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
MarshMellow96 said:
I've been purposely trying to shoot guys in the head recently, only to find it takes two shots to kill? lolwhut

Headshots are woeful. I have had games where the head was the only body part showing, hit it multiple times without a kill.

Does it take a while for a rendered clip to show up on the Theatre site?

cuevas said:
2-17 isn't about lag...unless you are on 56k

Pff, i can make up a whole bunch of clips that show I don't even get a round off according to the replay of the guy I AM shooting at.

This is the only game I have lag/hit detection/fuck knows what else, issues. Granted, it's not everyday, which is even more of a point that the netcode is shit.

Maffis

Where are you supposed to aim when using ACOG with a Sniper Rifle? I can't seem to hit anything at long ranges. Is it the little white dot at the top? Or more in the middle?

Maffis said:
Where are you supposed to aim when using ACOG with a Sniper Rifle? I can't seem to hit anything at long ranges. Is it the little white dot at the top? Or more in the middle?

I think that's the part where you're going wrong.

I tried using the PGS-1 with an ACOG and just got sniped across the map by ARs. Try using the FAL. It's got a better rate of fire for close range, although you'll still get smashed every so often.

Top Bottom