• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

I still don't get this game. Sometimes it's the purest joy you cold have and then (most of the time..) I want to rip my hair out, because of the whole bullshit (lag, connection errors, disconnects bla)...

aku:jiki

Holy shit, I just had my best game ever in CoD! Map was Hanoi, Demolition, score was 86-5 and I wasn't camping, wasn't ignoring the objectives or even spawn-trapping. I patrolled the areas around the bomb and for once the ping was on my side, I'd win every encounter instead of losing them. :D

Also had a pretty frustrating match where I was literally doing all the work. Just look at the killfeeds in these clips, the only one on my team doing anything at all is me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHgZMmxyNGk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDR00Q3Iz2s

I see now that I should've gone for a noscope when I jump backwards off the truck in the second clip, would've been fucking epic. :lol

I'm slowly, desperately, inching my way forward on my quest for a 2.0 K/D! I started yesterday at 1.73, dropped to 1.72 after one game, but clawed my way up to a 1.8 after a couple of hours of play. I've realized that my biggest problem is finishing game; after re-watching a few matches in theater, I've noticed that psychologically I stop playing smart if I get buzzkilled towards the end of the game. Rather than accept that I'm likely not getting any more streaks and just playing smart to preserve the match K/D, I play far too aggressively trying to squeeze something in before the end of the match, and it costs me.

On another note, Gun Game is an addictive drug! I've mostly only been playing the low-stakes games, but I managed to place in the money in every match I played (somewhere around 12). The other wager matches just aren't as interesting to me. Sticks and Stones is just a mess, Sharpshooter is okay for a palate cleanser but too random for regular play, and One in the Chamber is just a campfest.

Side note: you know what would fix One in the Chamber and make it awesome? Instead of putting the Spy Plane up when it goes to 1 v 1, put it up after about 30 seconds into the match and keep it up the entire time. Make it about being a good shot instead of being about camping corners and knifing people as they come around.​

Gun game might end up being the tipping point for me on prestige. I love playing that game; I could do it for hours. If I don't prestige then I don't have to feel guilty for playing it instead of leveling up, and I can play some of the higher-stakes wager matches without nerfing my "real" character if I lose a lot.

Great, now the game won't even go past the start-screen...
Normal loading, intros and music.

I play it on a PS3 slim, latest updates. There's no dirt or scratches on the disc.

Raiden

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
I'm slowly, desperately, inching my way forward on my quest for a 2.0 K/D! I started yesterday at 1.73, dropped to 1.72 after one game, but clawed my way up to a 1.8 after a couple of hours of play. I've realized that my biggest problem is finishing game; after re-watching a few matches in theater, I've noticed that psychologically I stop playing smart if I get buzzkilled towards the end of the game. Rather than accept that I'm likely not getting any more streaks and just playing smart to preserve the match K/D, I play far too aggressively trying to squeeze something in before the end of the match, and it costs me.

On another note, Gun Game is an addictive drug! I've mostly only been playing the low-stakes games, but I managed to place in the money in every match I played (somewhere around 12). The other wager matches just aren't as interesting to me. Sticks and Stones is just a mess, Sharpshooter is okay for a palate cleanser but too random for regular play, and One in the Chamber is just a campfest.

Side note: you know what would fix One in the Chamber and make it awesome? Instead of putting the Spy Plane up when it goes to 1 v 1, put it up after about 30 seconds into the match and keep it up the entire time. Make it about being a good shot instead of being about camping corners and knifing people as they come around.​

Gun game might end up being the tipping point for me on prestige. I love playing that game; I could do it for hours. If I don't prestige then I don't have to feel guilty for playing it instead of leveling up, and I can play some of the higher-stakes wager matches without nerfing my "real" character if I lose a lot.

Yes, the key is to keep control, even after you get 3 deaths before a kill. I have a 2.21 K/D ratio now from playing Team Deathmatch alone, last game i got 2.0 was Rainbow Six 3.

It feels great:D

I exclusively play with one class/build though=

Famas+reflex sight
Ghost
Sleight of Hand
Second Chance
+
Semtex and Claymore

WIN!

Raiden

Banned
aku:jiki said:
Holy shit, I just had my best game ever in CoD! Map was Hanoi, Demolition, score was 86-5 and I wasn't camping, wasn't ignoring the objectives or even spawn-trapping. I patrolled the areas around the bomb and for once the ping was on my side, I'd win every encounter instead of losing them. :D

Also had a pretty frustrating match where I was literally doing all the work. Just look at the killfeeds in these clips, the only one on my team doing anything at all is me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHgZMmxyNGk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDR00Q3Iz2s

I see now that I should've gone for a noscope when I jump backwards off the truck in the second clip, would've been fucking epic. :lol

*edit*

Yeah nevermind :p

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Man, I am loving the living shit out of this game on PC.

* Finding servers hosted in Australia is easy as pie.

* No lag.

* No Stuttering.

* Runs amazingly on an i7 + 295GTX setup with everything maxed.

* All the annoying shit from MW2 MP feels like it has been fixed.

I will say though if you are on PC and you're joining servers not in your country you may want to stop seeing as how bad the lag can get.

Really really happy I ended up buying this.

G11 = Best "sniper" in the game. :lol

bolbronx

Anyone on PC who succesfully uploaded a videoclip to Theater or YT?

Saved 4 clips ingame, but they are not showing up on the website nor my YT-account

I just had the most infuriating gun game ever. I was in the lead (the map was Launch), at the Grim Reaper phase of the match, when a host migration dropped three of the players out. One of the remaining players was on the WA2000, and the other was stuck way back at shotgun. Rather than actually play the match out, the final player ran circles around us constantly knifing. He never once fired his shotgun; he just repeatedly knifed whoever he came across. I ended up coming in second when it was all said and done, with five seconds left in the match. Both me and the winner had over 10 setbacks each; I've never been more angry at a multiplayer game before in my life! :lol

Raiden

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
Did you go third-person and fly in there and see if he was hiding behind something?

Thats what im wondering as well, for all you know there is some horribly misplaced turret or something like that in there :lol

Edit:

And wow, the theatre is working for me at last!

Testclip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz4Jsb4QErk

This is me jumping out of the window after a semtex nade was throwed in, and killing 2 guys on the fly.

And quality kinda blows :(

divisionbyzorro said:
Did you go third-person and fly in there and see if he was hiding behind something?
Though cover lets you take 1-3 more bullets or something, not like 15... That must've been multiple players or equpiment/turrets, that window is pretty popular.

Nizz

Patrick Bateman said:
I still don't get this game. Sometimes it's the purest joy you cold have and then (most of the time..) I want to rip my hair out, because of the whole bullshit (lag, connection errors, disconnects bla)...
This was me last night. I swear I wanted to take the disc out and snap it in half. WTF Treyarch? They need to fix the lag, disconnects, not keeping parties together, framerate...

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
i hope matchmaking gets fixed. time and time again i will try and join a friend's lobby only to be told i am unable to.

ps3 version here.

Dilly

Banned
Constantly using UAV's, got a Chopper Gunner which gave me quite a few kills and a napalm strike. Yet, my team still manages to lose.

Dilly said:
Constantly using UAV's, got a Chopper Gunner which gave me quite a few kills and a napalm strike. Yet, my team still manages to lose.
I lost a Demolition match today, when we had a guy who never died and kept camping our plant site the entire match. How did we lose? He called in a care package and stared at the package flare instead of where he'd been staring the whole match. Had he not done that, he would've caught the guy planting and won us the game. Are you fucking kidding me?!

beat the single player a few days back, was fairly impressed, much easier story to follow even if everything is still told thru between mission cutscenes

trying to get into the multi player, overall the interface is a step back from MW2, everything just seems less accesible. game seems more enjoyable then MW2, its not a mad rush to build killstreaks and such, plays much more like MW1. The graphics aren't quite as sharp as I'd like, can't really pinpoint the issue but I'm having a hard time seeing enemies, everything kind of washers together in a sea of brown and grey textures

i_am_ben said:
i hope matchmaking gets fixed. time and time again i will try and join a friend's lobby only to be told i am unable to.

ps3 version here.
Yeah that's the only issue I've had with the game. People claim there is a lotta lag and disconnections and all that. But I honestly have rarely seen any of that stuff. Yet this error I've run into a bunch of times.

So I just had a weird new (to me) glitch... It just went ahead and switched the blue perk on my SMG class to Hardline, even though I always have Ghost on it. The weirder parts were that I don't even have Hardline, so how could it equip it and not Pro, and the fact that the perk didn't even work! It was still 3 kills for spy plane.

Finished the match and my SMG class is, of course, back to Ghost. wat just happened? :lol

Game is finally clicking with me. I was pretty good at past CoD games, but I just couldn't manage to put together a successful run of good games on BLOPS. Last night, I had about 12 games where I went from 1.5 K/D to 4.0 without dipping into the negative once! I've been maining the Spas-12 with a Supressor on tighter maps, and using the Commando w/Supressor on all other maps. I've also been running SR-71, Door Gunner, and Gunship w/Hardline. My other mates were also running the SR-71, so we manage to keep the enemies alit almost the entire match. :lol :lol <3 the Blackbird

hayejin

Sorry if this has been answered before.
Is dead ops playable online coop? If so, how? Can't seem to send invite to game or join or anything.

Chrange

Banned
Had a weird glitch last night. Got the Valkyrie rockets and every time I'd fire them, it would blow up immediately and give me a 'mistakes were made'

But it wouldn't use the rockets up, so I decided to keep trying. 17 deaths later, I gave up.

Next match I got them again and they worked fine. I don't get it...

Eric WK

Chrange said:
Had a weird glitch last night. Got the Valkyrie rockets and every time I'd fire them, it would blow up immediately and give me a 'mistakes were made'

But it wouldn't use the rockets up, so I decided to keep trying. 17 deaths later, I gave up.

Next match I got them again and they worked fine. I don't get it...

Known bug.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I hardly ever post in here, to keep it short I've had lots of enjoyable matches, but oh boy have I had some moments where I wanted to strangle someone - especially the lag delays, shit man.

Oh, and don't call something "Host Migration" when it'll just dump us back into the lobby most of the time anyways Treyarch, especially when I'm on a roll or big killstreak.

I've gotten a few booby-trap kills with Hacker Pro including a nice triple kill but they never made it to my recent games list, but this is one I got last night - made it to where the other team was, killed them all, booby-trapped and snatched a Counter-Spy Plane, a Grim Reaper and something else, bounced, and got four kills - too bad I had to chop it so much though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1_JrLQe5Ew

todahawk

RJNavarrete said:
Game is finally clicking with me. I was pretty good at past CoD games, but I just couldn't manage to put together a successful run of good games on BLOPS. Last night, I had about 12 games where I went from 1.5 K/D to 4.0 without dipping into the negative once! I've been maining the Spas-12 with a Supressor on tighter maps, and using the Commando w/Supressor on all other maps. I've also been running SR-71, Door Gunner, and Gunship w/Hardline. My other mates were also running the SR-71, so we manage to keep the enemies alit almost the entire match. :lol :lol <3 the Blackbird

same here, played a ton of FFA and only went into the negative once. Some games I was only 12-6 but had some nice 24-8 games. I got in the top 3 a lot but most of the guys winning were 30-28 or 28-22 (time limit). I'm trying to focus on good routes, checking corners, fields of fire and staying alive.

running spy plane/counter spy/care package.

I've seriously fucking had it with people playing TDM in the objective modes... It's so much worse than it ever was in MW2 because of the fucking Pro perks! The Pro perks should mean that there's much more objective play going on, but there so isn't! All they do is mad dash in to make a retarded plant that's going to be defused immediately (because that's a more efficient way of getting the pro perks, immediate defuses mean you have infinite plant attempts) and when they get bored of that and/or finish, they just stick around and play TDM and completely ruin the match.

I am so not feeling like I'm getting my money's worth right now; why do they have the right to ruin my game like that? It's not like I can grief them back by planting, they don't give a fuck. New map to play TDM on, yay! There needs to start being bannings for this kind of shit.

I bet this is where GAF tries to claim I'm one of them because of some of my previous posts. There's a difference between locking down a plant site and straight-up playing TDM!

I've seriously fucking had it with people playing TDM in the objective modes... It's so much worse than it ever was in MW2 because of the fucking Pro perks! The Pro perks should mean that there's much more objective play going on, but there so isn't! All they do is mad dash in to make a retarded plant that's going to be defused immediately (because that's a more efficient way of getting the pro perks, immediate defuses mean you have infinite plant attempts) and when they get bored of that and/or finish, they just stick around and play TDM and completely ruin the match.

I am so not feeling like I'm getting my money's worth right now; why do they have the right to ruin my game like that? It's not like I can grief them back by planting, they don't give a fuck. New map to play TDM on, yay! There needs to start being bannings for this kind of shit.

I bet this is where GAF tries to claim I'm one of them because of some of my previous posts. There's a difference between locking down a plant site and straight-up playing TDM!
Is your second paragraph serious?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
[/SPOILER]

That is what I have been doing in demolition lately. :D Though once I get my 10 plants I won't be coming back. Plus my team has won all but one demo match I've played.

Top Bottom