• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

w00tman

The netcode for this game is fucking atrocious. I've played 5 games this morning, and 4 of them have quit due to being unable to migrate hosts and 1 due to a transmission error. I'm nearing prestige 2 now, and it feels like the number of these errors is getting worse, not better. My connection is rock solid 10meg fibre-optic, so this isn't the cause of it.

Been playing around with the Theater mode some more. Here is a double kill off a blind Simtex throw on WMD. Nothing too fancy, but I think I got a pretty good view of it in Free camera mode. :D

Xux

aku:jiki said:
Did they really? I feel like the blast radius is the biggest it's ever been, feels like if there's an indicator on my screen in Blops, I WILL die, where in MW2 it was at least sometimes possible to run away.

Has DenKirson or anyone done the research on the nades? Maybe it's just the lag that's making it harder to escape.

He has the stats for them on his page. It's the same damage radius as COD4 and WaW (they never got the stats for the MW2 version apparently) and the kill radius is a couple more feet than the WaW version (he says in a post on his forums that the kill radius is 5m) and that the semtex explosion is the same as the WaW frag explosion.

divisionbyzorro said:
(the Enfield is a piece of complete shit).
divisionbyzorro said:
And if things go bad, I switch for a Galil

Kinda ironic considering how identical the two are. Shit, unless you're playing Hardcore, the Enfield should be better in a few ways that probably don't really matter.

Maffis

Just switched from MP5 with rapid fire to AK74 with rapid fire, and holy shit, you don't even have to try anymore. No wonder everybody is using that gun.

Raiden

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
beast mode engaged

WingsOfRedemption "analyzes" some gameplay from a guy who went 4-20 in a Team Deathmatch. :lol

What a fucking douche, you know footage like this would happen if i could finally convince my girlfriend to try play some Call of Duty online with me. Ofc you have your occasional douche that likes to bash on random people.

About a week ago my brother in law gave the Xbox a shot at my place, i told him how to reload and move and i swear to god he could not move and aim at the same time, for a PC user only controllers are a nightmare, im pretty sure he forgot how it was like to play with a controller in the beginning.

zam

AnEternalEnigma said:
beast mode engaged

WingsOfRedemption "analyzes" some gameplay from a guy who went 4-20 in a Team Deathmatch. :lol
That video is pure, concentrated douche, with extra douche-pulp. sure the player was very bad, but to make a youtube vid just ragging on the guy cause he is new to the game or just isn't good at it is just douchey.

I never play Demolition, but I started tonight to unlock my Ninja and Flak Jacket pro perks-and I did awesome!! I was basically the only person planting/defusing the bombs for whatever reason-but in the end I planted the bomb and had to defend it BY MYSELF-I got 7 kills in under 30 seconds trying to defend that fucker!

Intense Bomb Defense

.nimrod

Raiden said:
What a fucking douche, you know footage like this would happen if i could finally convince my girlfriend to try play some Call of Duty online with me. Ofc you have your occasional douche that likes to bash on random people.

About a week ago my brother in law gave the Xbox a shot at my place, i told him how to reload and move and i swear to god he could not move and aim at the same time, for a PC user only controllers are a nightmare, im pretty sure he forgot how it was like to play with a controller in the beginning.
And it seems kinda strange that they're playing in a party together :lol

zam said:
That video is pure, concentrated douche, with extra douche-pulp. sure the player was very bad, but to make a youtube vid just ragging on the guy cause he is new to the game or just isn't good at it is just douchey.

Guy was what, level 30-40? Hardly someone I'd call new to the game. If it wasn't for how carefully he was sneaking around corners and shit I would've thought he was lagging bad. I'm not a good player by a long shot (a very long shot), but I'd have been embarrassed to have done so badly at level 5 while lagging my ass off. It's not like tools to play any of the maps with bots isn't in the game, you could easily get familiar with how things work and the map layouts without making others have to suffer through carrying you through match after match. Going into a team mode when you're that unprepared is what's douchey, IMO.

Xux said:
Kinda ironic considering how identical the two are. Shit, unless you're playing Hardcore, the Enfield should be better in a few ways that probably don't really matter.

According to DenKirson, the Galil technically does more damage and has larger clip. But we know it's all about weapon feel, and something about the Enfield has just never felt right to me.

Oh, and can we discuss how pointless the weapon damage differences are in this game? If DenKirson is right, and the fully-auto ARs either go 40-30 or 35-25, those differences don't matter in a 1-on-1 situation - it's still 3-4 bullets. In fact, on paper most of the fully-auto ARs are pretty much exactly the same; the same damage drop-off, similar recoils, etc. Either Treyarch is really lazy, or they're doing something inside the game code that DenKirson's numbers can't catch.

Raiden said:
While people complaing about knife lunge etc in general, i have been more annoyed with how explosions work in this game :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNquAmoq2G8

That nade is like 1 feet away from his face on a wooden desk lol.

I can't tell from the player model, but is it possible he has Flak Jacket?

SUPARSTARX said:
ooo, so console version has no server browsing eh? Another reason to pick up PC version guys!

Have you been living under a rock? I bet you could count the number of console games with server browsers on your hands.

aku:jiki

I've been messing around with the Scavenger/Warlord/TacMask kit with a FAMAS reflex+silencer today and, man, it's really nice! Been getting very high KD's defending our bombs in Demo, while raining explosives towards their spawn. I feel like a total bastard when I toss grenades everywhere, but fuck it, it's what everybody else does anyway. :lol

Weird how it resupplies the crossbow though. I thought the rule was no explosives but nades? I think they could let us resupply the LAW and claymores anyway, it really wouldn't break the game now that Hacker is so useful.

Tossing nades everywhere led to me blowing up a valkyrie mid-air -- apparently there's a medal for destroying a valkyrie :lol -- but I forgot to save it. :/

Effect

Anyone still playing or has gone back to playing the PC (or any other version but PC really in this case) version of CoD: Modern Warfare 1? Population still good? Any comments from players after playing Black Ops?

Raiden

Banned
Lonewolf_92 said:
It's funny that didn't kill him. If you look at the clip I posted earlier, the Semtex I threw landed between and killed two people who were way farther away from it than that one guy is from yours.

Indeed, and also you're playing normal TDM as well, my game was in hardcore lol.

divisionbyzorro said:
I can't tell from the player model, but is it possible he has Flak Jacket?

No idea i should check that out, but even so it is in hardcore mode you get kileld by nades from a mile away, no way in hell he should be able to survive that right? Im guessing it was just a weird clipping glitch.

Disguises

UGH. What the fuck is up with the game suddenly running at sub 30fps randomly? It's only done it yesterday and today. I'm this close to giving up on this game...

aku:jiki said:
I've been messing around with the Scavenger/Warlord/TacMask kit with a FAMAS reflex+silencer today and, man, it's really nice! Been getting very high KD's defending our bombs in Demo, while raining explosives towards their spawn. I feel like a total bastard when I toss grenades everywhere, but fuck it, it's what everybody else does anyway. :lol

Weird how it resupplies the crossbow though. I thought the rule was no explosives but nades? I think they could let us resupply the LAW and claymores anyway, it really wouldn't break the game now that Hacker is so useful.

Tossing nades everywhere led to me blowing up a valkyrie mid-air -- apparently there's a medal for destroying a valkyrie :lol -- but I forgot to save it. :/

I was using that combo too, but with an SMG-it totally dominates on Demolition. Oh-and bring Nova Gas-with Warlord Pro, you get an extra one-toss two of those at the bomb site, and whoever is planting/defusing will almost instantly die.

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
What's the fastest killing assault rifle?
Not necessarily the best, just the one with the fastest killing speed?
I would have guessed Galil or Commando, but everyone on Gamebattles is using the FAMAS or M16 :/

Im tempted to do a wings of redemption style video for a guy I just played with now. This guy killed me when I was on a pretty good spree by literally camping in the weirdest corner of Hanoi ever. I watched the video back and out of an 11 minuite video he killed me twice, once when I wasnt expecting it and once when I went back for revenge. Apart from that he only got 3 more kills, and I killed him like 3 times. HE did die a fourth time to a random teammate :lol

Really, in an 11 minuite match you find it fun to sit there and only play out 9 encounters, half of those being deaths! :lol

The first time I killed him was with a Napalm strike to his weird little camping spot, after that he tried getting back to his spot and I killed him again. He then kept trying weird camping spots around the map, but he didnt seem content until he got back to the furthest corner of the map again. How this is fun for him I dont know, he literally kept looking back and forth while sitting there, but had HUGE periods of not seeing anyone, literally 5 minuites+ at one point, it was quite frankly boring enough to watch. It sucked dieing to him.

Eric WK

zam said:

The real irony is that the video does a better job of making fun of WoR himself, by exposing the extent to which he's an uneducated asshole.

OMGLOL A LLAMA said:
I would have guessed Galil or Commando, but everyone on Gamebattles is using the FAMAS or M16 :/
I would say the Galil. It's powerful. The Famas only kills quickly because of it's high rate of fire.

Eric WK said:
The real irony is that the video does a better job of making fun of WoR himself, by exposing the extent to which he's an uneducated asshole.

the real irony is that the guy getting his ass kicked in the game is probably less of a loser in life than some guy who makes CoD training videos on the internet, memorizes the names of all the weapons and uses terms like "rage quit".

Some people just play shit like CoD for fun, and yes it can be fun even if you are getting your ass killed over and over again, I can attest to that.

*sigh* playing on 360, saw a glitcher. Told him not to glitch or he's gonna get banned. He told me "Grow a pair, man! It's just a game. They only ban you for hacking, not glitching."

After the game, him and his friend joined me in my lobby and they started to act all tough to which I said not to threaten me or they'll be crying this Christmas that their 360 doesn't work anymore.

Oh well, I'll make sure they're gone! :lol

Glitcher: Bad Wolf 168
Threatening kiddo: MaFiA xLeGaCy

eek5

shagg_187 said:
*sigh* playing on 360, saw a glitcher. Told him not to glitch or he's gonna get banned. He told me "Grow a pair, man! It's just a game. They only ban you for hacking, not glitching."

After the game, him and his friend joined me in my lobby and they started to act all tough to which I said not to threaten me or they'll be crying this Christmas that their 360 doesn't work anymore.

Oh well, I'll make sure they're gone! :lol

Glitcher: Bad Wolf 168
Threatening kiddo: MaFiA xLeGaCy
how was he glitching?

eek5

OMGLOL A LLAMA said:
G11 and M16 are both one burst kills close range. M16 goes out a bit further but I think the bullet spread is not as good as the G11.

survivor

Banned
MDavis360 said:
I never play Demolition, but I started tonight to unlock my Ninja and Flak Jacket pro perks-and I did awesome!! I was basically the only person planting/defusing the bombs for whatever reason-but in the end I planted the bomb and had to defend it BY MYSELF-I got 7 kills in under 30 seconds trying to defend that fucker!

Intense Bomb Defense
I wish I had more people like you on my team when I play demolition. Instead I get stuck with a team that doesn't even know where the bomb site is.

survivor said:
I wish I had more people like you on my team when I play demolition. Instead I get stuck with a team that doesn't even know where the bomb site is.

I have the game for both 360 and PS3-add me MDavis360 is my name on both. I am a team player. :)

Karish

I just finished the campaign and I have a couple questions:

What is the significance of what he sees in the film strip at the end? What is the meaning that Mason was in the frame with Kennedy and his wife? Why does Dragovich respond "tried?" when Mason says "you made me try to kill my president"

Blakero said:

What is the significance of what he sees in the film strip at the end? What is the meaning that Mason was in the frame with Kennedy and his wife? Why does Dragovich respond "tried?" when Mason says "you made me try to kill my president"

I think it means exactly what you think it means.

The M.O.B

Forget this Game

Back to back in FFA, im leading and about to win, boom, I get disconnected.

And what makes it worse is that none of my kills are on my playercard, and I cant even view the game in Theater.

SMH MP is terrible

tsigo

Blakero said:

The game isn't being subtle here. The implication is that Mason assassinated Kennedy because he was brainwashed by Dragovich. And Reznov didn't exist in any part of the game except Vorkuta and the flashback-in-a-flashback story telling and mission.

eek5

-Winnie- said:
So how does the Local matchmaking work exactly?
Is it by IP, or by the region your game is from?
If you go to MP options menu and hit back you can see region there and that's where it is matchmaking you

spermatic cord said:
UFnVY.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlBwBwxdikQ

I must do this. Do you need to weaken the chopper first or does it kill it instantly?

Xux

divisionbyzorro said:
According to DenKirson, the Galil technically does more damage and has larger clip. But we know it's all about weapon feel, and something about the Enfield has just never felt right to me.

Also according to DenKirson, the Enfield has less recoil with the ACOG and Infrared Scopes, a faster reload time except with Dual Mags (which is the same unless reload canceled which the Galil does a tenth of a second faster), a faster ADS speed, and switches from a secondary weapon faster. It feels the same to me; heck it feels like I can switch between the Enfield, Galil, AK47, and Commando without noticing much difference.

divisionbyzorro said:
Oh, and can we discuss how pointless the weapon damage differences are in this game? If DenKirson is right, and the fully-auto ARs either go 40-30 or 35-25, those differences don't matter in a 1-on-1 situation - it's still 3-4 bullets. In fact, on paper most of the fully-auto ARs are pretty much exactly the same; the same damage drop-off, similar recoils, etc. Either Treyarch is really lazy, or they're doing something inside the game code that DenKirson's numbers can't catch.

Well, the difference between 30 and 25 damage in Hardcore determines whether or not a gun kills in one bullet or two; it also impacts bullet penetration and stuff like three long range shots only needing one pistol round to finish them off if the gun's doing 30 damage and two if it does 25.

But yeah, pretty pointless under most circumstances.

OMGLOL A LLAMA said:

Fastest: G11, M14, and FAL though you'd have to be shooting the semi-auto ones at their RoF cap.
Second Fastest: M16, Famas, and AUG (same number of bullets to kill + higher rate of fire = faster kill time)
Slowest: Enfield, Galil, AK47, and Commando.

That's all within range.

If you're curious, ignoring one-hit kills, Skorpion Rapid Fire's the fastest gun overall when you're within range and the MP5k and AK74u are the slowest out of their range.

Mik2121

Holy mother of god, I just finished a game where we lost because two of my teammates (playing on the same console) ended with scores of 1-16 and 0-16. Seriously, how can you be so fucking awful at this game? For fuck's sake...

They have seriously got to fix the matchmaking. I can't stand playing games with my party where just about the entire other team quits out and the game doesn't fill up, staying 6v2 or 6v1.

Top Bottom