• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Mik2121 said:
Holy mother of god, I just finished a game where we lost because two of my teammates (playing on the same console) ended with scores of 1-16 and 0-16. Seriously, how can you be so fucking awful at this game? For fuck's sake...

right there with you pal. It's happening to me all the time. I thought that maybe they were boosting-so I went into theater mode and watched them. They just sucked Big time.

aku:jiki

Nooooooooooooooo!! I got the most insane Chopper Gunner I've ever seen, and theater didn't save it! Noooooooo! :(

I was sniping on Jungle and by some ridiculous miracle, I actually managed to snipe my way to an 11 killstreak... Launched the dogs and the chopper at the same time and scored literally 50+ kills in a minute!

MDavis360 said:
i'm getting really tired of being the highest scoring person in the game and on the losing team. Seriously getting tired of it.
Yeah, something seems to messed up in the matchmaking... Did anyone else notice? I find that the game puts me and all the other prestigers in the lobby on one team, then it puts all the newbies who are level 25 non-prestige in the other. The newbie team gets completely fucking demolished, obviously. Where's the team balance?

I'm finding that "locale only" search option just doesn't work at all either. I'm playing against more americans than I am brits or dutch, and that's just all kinds of wrong. I like playing americans, don't get me wrong, but that's just not correct for a "locale only" setting. I should basically never be seeing americans, not have them in every single match I play. MW2 was much better at this after the matchmaking patch, it will never put you with people across the atlantic unless it absolutely has to (i.e. when you're playing at 4:30AM).

Minamu

Just finished the Khe Sanh level on Hardened. The game glitched out at the end as we parked the car after destroying the tanks with the TOW (?) missiles. My body left the car with the other dudes but my view point didn't so I ended up watching the conversation from on top of the jeep in infra-red mode since I never got out of it after destroying the 6th tank. So there I was, looking down upon my own headless body, standing around like it was the most normal thing in the world :lol The camera kept swaying around as if Mason was turning his head to look at different people during the conversation. Pretty damn weird.

Choppahawk

I was going for Hardened Pro earlier tonight and had just put the last 90 bullets I needed into an Attack Heli. I pulled out Skrela to blast that fool out of the sky when I thought the better of it. Said 'gimme dat neck' to Chopper Dave and took that shit with a well placed Tomahawk throw.

I was yelling so much when it happened and my roommate(who was splitscreen w/ me) was like what the fuck man? So I immediately went to the theater and played it for him. We then smoked a celebratory blunt.. and now I'm just getting finished playing. Blops is ruining my sleep schedule.

Myomoto

MDavis360 said:
i'm getting really tired of being the highest scoring person in the game and on the losing team. Seriously getting tired of it.

2hdmr6h.jpg

cameltoe

sw33tclyde said:
Choppahawk

I was going for Hardened Pro earlier tonight and had just put the last 90 bullets I needed into an Attack Heli. I pulled out Skrela to blast that fool out of the sky when I thought the better of it. Said 'gimme dat neck' to Chopper Dave and took that shit with a well placed Tomahawk throw.

I was yelling so much when it happened and my roommate(who was splitscreen w/ me) was like what the fuck man? So I immediately went to the theater and played it for him. We then smoked a celebratory blunt.. and now I'm just getting finished playing. Blops is ruining my sleep schedule.

It doesnt hit the chopper at all....

ahhh it hits then bounces off.....

NYR

Maffis said:
Just switched from MP5 with rapid fire to AK74 with rapid fire, and holy shit, you don't even have to try anymore. No wonder everybody is using that gun.
Goddamn, just tried this, my KDR increased more in one day using this setup then in the last week. Insane.

Finally got Ghost Pro - had to really grind for it, don't know why, I only equip launchers as my secondary, just took me forever. The grind was pretty tedious, especially since the first lock-on launcher you get only gets one round.

And just for shits and giggles, I replaced Ninja Pro (sound whoring is gone in this game, I guess? Pretty useless if so, for the most part) with Second Chance - not only did I Pro it out in a night, I find it terribly unbalanced and unfair. I lost the gunfight, I should be dead...

NYR

Patrick Bateman said:
Any date of the next patch known?
They've been doing hot fixes a lot, don't know if a "big" patch is coming soon, but hot fixes come through all the time.

snap0212

Haha, Treyarch now completely ignore the PS3 section of their Forums? :lol They don't even delete all these "Treyarch Sucks"-Threads. Not that they'd ever respond, but they could at least try to keep it clean.

tsigo

NYR said:
And just for shits and giggles, I replaced Ninja Pro (sound whoring is gone in this game, I guess? Pretty useless if so, for the most part) with Second Chance - not only did I Pro it out in a night, I find it terribly unbalanced and unfair. I lost the gunfight, I should be dead...

Yeah, sound whoring is totally gone. I would never dream of playing MW2 without listening closely to the game sounds, but in Black Ops I can have music blasting in the background and it makes no difference.

And that's my biggest problem with the knife lunge in this game. I wasn't one of the people who complained about Commando in MW2. I hated dying to it, sure, but it was balanced because you could hear them coming from a mile away.

-Yeti said:
Is there a way to check what fixes they have already made?

In addition to the official thread, I like this thread because it summarizes the community managers' responses on Twitter.

dakster

Neo Member
I haven't had a game for a couple of days now, had one tonight. Was hoping some of the issues I had would be fixed by now. I play on PS3.

Still freezing, having to reset PS3.
Still being shot around corners.
Still seeing ridiculous knife kills.
Still being disconnected during host migration.
Hit detection, very random.

These where my biggest issues and non of them seem to have been resolved. Having said that, I do enjoy this game and am going to persevere with it. The game can be very frustrating at times though.

How are xbox gamers finding the game, are there many issues with it on the 360?

i just started playing the singleplayer over the weekend and holy shit! how the hell do you pass the vietnam mission? sometimes i wonder if the devs play test some of these missions themselves? or am i the only one think the vietnam mission is crazy hard?

tsigo

macfoshizzle said:
i just started playing the singleplayer over the weekend and holy shit! how the hell do you pass the vietnam mission? sometimes i wonder if the devs play test some of these missions themselves? or am i the only one think the vietnam mission is crazy hard?

Which? There are like four "Vietnam mission"s

tsigo said:
Which? There are like four "Vietnam mission"s

wait are they all insanely difficult?

i'm on the first one right before you reach the hill where you have to go down into the trenches. you got vc's coming at you all over the place.

macfoshizzle said:

Run up to the barrels. Press X.

macfoshizzle said:
i think right pass that one. the one you have to go down hill

The barrels section happens as you go down hill. Look for three inconspicuous barrels about halfway down the hill. Run up to them, wait for the prompt, and press X.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
jeffpm said:
Do any GAFers get together to play BLOPS? Not many people on my friends list have the game and I want to play with a group.

I'm on your friend's list dude but I mainly play free for all. Maybe we can do some tdm or something some time.

snap0212

I was just wondering something: Is it even possible to react to the enemies on Veteran difficulty? It always seems like I'm just playing the same part over and over again until I know where they're coming from to kill them all before they kill me. I'm having fun, but it seems to me like there's no skill involved at all. It's just patience...

dakster

Neo Member
AndresON777 said:
I'm on your friend's list dude but I mainly play free for all. Maybe we can do some tdm or something some time.

I play free for all too, mind sharing your perks and any helpful tips? I have a K/D of 1.74 just now, but it's a struggle.

Great video Maximillian.

tsigo

snap0212 said:
I was just wondering something: Is it even possible to react to the enemies on Veteran difficulty? It always seems like I'm just playing the same part over and over again until I know where they're coming from to kill them all before they kill me. I'm having fun, but it seems to me like there's no skill involved at all. It's just patience...

Yeah, you pretty much poke your head out, immediately get hit, go prone behind cover, regen, hope they're still in the same spot when you pop out again and shoot them.

This installment is particularly bad about giving you a false sense of security with the AI "partners". You would think that if Woods is up ahead of you, it's clear up to his position. But nope. I've seen an enemy stand literally back-to-back with Woods and they just ignore each other.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
dakster said:
I play free for all too, mind sharing your perks and any helpful tips? I have a K/D of 1.74 just now, but it's a struggle.

Great video Maximillian.

lol dude my kdr is way lower than that, I need tips from you.

Any deals on this anywhere besides the bundle?

I need it on 360 since my brother and cousin are playing nightly and I'm trying to keep in touch with them after moving down here to Orlando.

Cardigan

krypt0nian said:

I need it on 360 since my brother and cousin are playing nightly and I'm trying to keep in touch with them after moving down here to Orlando.
I think you'll be hard pressed to find a deal for Black Ops until the next iteration of COD arrives.

krypt0nian said:

Amazon is selling it for $55 plus a $10 game credit. Not sure what shipping will be like for you though.

aku:jiki

Man, it's insane the kind of bad luck you can have in CoD... What are the odds that when you kill someone, he respawns at the other end of the map, lifts his camera up and towards your general direction and tosses an uncooked frag and actually gets you? What are the odds that this happens three times in a single play session, with three different opponents, all of the deaths being buzzkills right before or right after getting a Blackbird?

How much slimmer are the odds when you're actually not a camper so he really didn't know where you'd be, and you did indeed move after killing these guys? I mean, honestly, gods of CoD... cut me some slack here! Three times! Three fucking times! Who do I have to service to get a chopper gunner around here?

NYR

divisionbyzorro said:
The barrels section happens as you go down hill. Look for three inconspicuous barrels about halfway down the hill. Run up to them, wait for the prompt, and press X.
DA FUCK??

I forced my way to a checkpoint by passing that part by getting past the infinite spawns, took me hours after dying so many times! I suck! lol

On another note, a WingsofRedemption response about the Beast Mode video he posted with the terrible player. What a douche nozzle. Love the highest rated comment: "I can't believe your job is to make Call of Duty videos, pretty pathetic. Next year I'll probably be going to Cambridge university and you'll be making COD videos. lol at your fail life."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sga2I5mNRdU

NYR said:
DA FUCK??

I forced my way to a checkpoint by passing that part by getting past the infinite spawns, took me hours after dying so many times! I suck! lol

No, it's just incredibly poorly designed. It's actually rather impressive that you made it past that checkpoint like that.

tsigo

divisionbyzorro said:
No, it's just incredibly poorly designed. It's actually rather impressive that you made it past that checkpoint like that.

My favorite bad design decision is when you're sneaking into a place with Reznov and he tells you explicitly to stay out of the light, and then "tells" you to kill a guy standing in a spotlight with nothing more than a hand gesture. If you don't do it you "get seen" and fail the mission.

NYR

divisionbyzorro said:
Thanks! But honestly, not being sarcastic when I say that one downhill section took me hours - sunk in at least 3 hours forcing my way down the hill....at the bottom of the hill, I just ran to the right and that "Checkpoint Reached" showed up...definitely a "fuck yeaaaah!" moment for me!

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
NYR said:
On another note, a WingsofRedemption response about the Beast Mode video he posted with the terrible player. What a douche nozzle. Love the highest rated comment: "I can't believe your job is to make Call of Duty videos, pretty pathetic. Next year I'll probably be going to Cambridge university and you'll be making COD videos. lol at your fail life."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sga2I5mNRdU

Jesus fucking christ. Do I really need to hear you clear your throat for HALF THE GODDAM VIDEO? Honestly, some commentators need to get the decency to edit out their shit portions.

NYR said:
DA FUCK??

Wait what? That's what I did too. It took me hours to get past that one part of killing the endless VC... and you could just push some barrels? What is this?

Also, anyone sport the M16 with Acog? I feel like I would be screwed in close quarters with it.

tsigo

LeMaximilian said:
Jesus fucking christ. Do I really need to hear you clear your throat for HALF THE GODDAM VIDEO? Honestly, some commentators need to get the decency to edit out their shit portions.

That's the reason I stopped watching it. I'm sure had I made it past that I would have stopped watching because of the actual content, too.

tsigo said:
My favorite bad design decision is when you're sneaking into a place with Reznov and he tells you explicitly to stay out of the light, and then "tells" you to kill a guy standing in a spotlight with nothing more than a hand gesture. If you don't do it you "get seen" and fail the mission.

Yep! Definitely failed that one about five times. And each time you have to start all the way from the beginning. :lol

Those two specific moments are the only ones that stick out to me as being bad though. On the whole, I enjoyed the campaign and I thought it told a pretty good story. Definitely better than MW2 and W@W.

tsigo

firehawk12 said:
Oh WoR. Camping videos are so fun to watch!

Oh hah, someone made him rage quit and got a rage message from the guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiOu6MhGJ4g

Good on that guy.

My take on Ghost is that because killstreaks no longer chain, there's less incentive to take high killstreaks for most people, so there's more people using Spy Plane than used UAV in MW2. This greatly increases the value of Ghost and, I think, makes it the best Perk 1.

Fuck WoR.

Myomoto

LeMaximilian said:

"FuckinHolidaZe: @0:42 were you choking on dick?"

I love youtube comments :lol

Top Bottom