• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

firehawk12 said:
Oh WoR. Camping videos are so fun to watch!

Oh hah, someone made him rage quit and got a rage message from the guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiOu6MhGJ4g

from the comments:

ZeroFireEmblem
funny thing is that wings didn't even put up a uav so ghost did not matter 

Lets just hope that the next CoD will have a proper competitive ranking system because playing for ranks in blops feels pointless and like a huge waste of time to me.

aku:jiki

Just saw the 310-13 game on Nuketown, holy shit. :lol

Don't know if it's old news, but I thought GAF would love it because the kid actually plays the shit out of the objective too. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9fObgFAvqM

firehawk12 said:
Oh WoR. Camping videos are so fun to watch!

Oh hah, someone made him rage quit and got a rage message from the guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiOu6MhGJ4g
:lol How does he not know that ends up on YouTube?

The guy makes a pretty confused point though. ColdBlooded and Ghost are different perks because they're in different games! If you had CB on, you were at a disadvantage since everyone else had SP on but you're not if you have Ghost, as there is no SP. Not sure why he thinks this is illogical...

aku:jiki said:

Don't know if it's old news, but I thought GAF would love it because the kid actually plays the shit out of the objective too. :D

Holy shit! :lol :lol It's not like it's that hard to shoot down a Chopper Gunner on Nuketown. I've done it a number of times by myself! :lol

I love the comments about how the guys he's killing are terrible. Of course they're terrible! How else do you think he got that score?

The guy makes a pretty confused point though. ColdBlooded and Ghost are different perks because they're in different games! If you had CB on, you were at a disadvantage since everyone else had SP on but you're not if you have Ghost, as there is no SP. Not sure why he thinks this is illogical...

It doesn't mean that Ghost is somehow cheap though. In its non-pro form it does nothing but counter a killstreak reward which your opponents may or may not be using. Its existence keeps you from being able to use the Spy Plane as a crutch.

The simple fact is that this guy enjoyed rubbing it in Wings' face, and Wings didn't keep his cool (no surprise there).

EDIT: Oh, and the other thing. If Wings really rage quit and that caused the match to end, more than likely that means that he dashboarded. Host migration usually works if the host straight-up quits; it only fails when you can't download the necessary information from the host before he quits. I'm not going to make accusations without knowing all the facts, but if you're dashboarding regularly, you're not allowed to brag about your K/D (since dashboarding erases the game from your history).

That is a damn impressive video

Effect

The map is way to damn small for that chopper. Do you at least get any heads up that someone is activating that thing or is your first realization when you end up getting killed out of nowhere over and over again? I honestly think that would cause me to rage quit a game.

Effect said:
The map is way to damn small for that chopper. Do you at least get any heads up that someone is activating that thing or is your first realization when you end up getting killed out of nowhere over and over again? I honestly think that would cause me to rage quit a game.

You get a heads up before the chopper ever comes into the airspace. I typically run with anti-air whenever I play Nuketown; they're not that hard to take down. Of course, I typically play Ground War these days, so I don't see Nuketown or Firing Range anymore (yay!).

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!

I said wow.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
divisionbyzorro said:
You get a heads up before the chopper ever comes into the airspace. I typically run with anti-air whenever I play Nuketown; they're not that hard to take down. Of course, I typically play Ground War these days, so I don't see Nuketown or Firing Range anymore (yay!).
The length of time between the "incoming enemy air support" message and when it actually gets above the map is like two or three times as long as it was in MW2, and it's still throwing me off. I'll get my launcher ready sometimes, looking for the thing, and it takes like ten seconds for it to show up! It's a good thing, really, I just haven't gotten used to it yet.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Alright Black Ops...

I got a BIG FUCKIN PROBLEM with me killing an enemy and they enter Second Chance but I still die. How the fuck does that even work?

Step 1 Bullet Exchange between players, I put in enough bullets to KILL an enemy.

Step 2 They enter last stand because all their life has been diminished.

Step 3 I should still be alive since they entered Second Chance and died, entering the SC animation to end what remaining SC life he has...correct?

WRONG, I die, and they live on in Second Chance?!?!

This isn't fuckin' HALO, you can't exchange gunfire between an opponent and kill each-other. Never has this happened in ANY COD during multiplayer. Is the netcode that horrible...where it can't determine that my bullets reached his body?

Also, STOP GIVING ME THE HEADSHOT SOUND IF I DON'T GET A HEADSHOT. All the satisfaction of getting a headshot is lost when you hear it 5 times before one enemy dies.

Voltron64

LeMaximilian said:
Also, STOP GIVING ME THE HEADSHOT SOUND IF I DON'T GET A HEADSHOT. All the satisfaction of getting a headshot is lost when you hear it 5 times before one enemy dies.
Seriously. Why is this happening? I hate it.

snack

PC Community Update 11/29

JD_2020 said:
Hey guys,

I wanted to reassure you we're still here and listening, and working on a patch. As always, I don't like to give ETA's because through the 'telephone game', that turns into expected deadlines that may not be hit due to the complexities of game development.

That said, I will be providing a thorough update to the "PC Community Update" sticky atop this forum later this week (hopefully tomorrow). It will be an update to the "IN PROGRESS" list of fixes, which will include a very large number of the "LIVE FIXES" from the respective console Stickies you may have seen. Many of the items on that list don't apply to the PC version, and all of the issues we've addressed to-date on the PC took higher priority over the other fixes the consoles received that the PC hasn't yet.

I'll post that list as soon as it's finalized, but in the meantime it's safe to assume that any problems you guys experienced that have been fixed on the consoles will be included in a future patch for the PC as well. The first week or two, though, we had much more pressing PC-specific issues to address which the teams focused on first. Any additional PC-specific issues that you're experiencing will continue to be addressed in a manner consistent with the Black Ops Patching Process I posted earlier today:

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=346952

Stay tuned for future updates, and we appreciate your continued support!

Regards,
-JD

LeMaximilian said:
Alright Black Ops...

I got a BIG FUCKIN PROBLEM with me killing an enemy and they enter Second Chance but I still die. How the fuck does that even work?

Step 1 Bullet Exchange between players, I put in enough bullets to KILL an enemy.

Step 3 I should still be alive since they entered Second Chance and died, entering the SC animation to end what remaining SC life he has...correct?

This isn't fuckin' HALO, you can't exchange gunfire between an opponent and kill each-other. Never has this happened in ANY COD during multiplayer. Is the netcode that horrible...where it can't determine that my bullets reached his body?

I've noticed this myself, although I absolutely saw this happen in MW2 as well. There were multiple occasions when challenge-hunting where I would get Last Stand kills in MW2 without ever firing a bullet from my pistol.

Obviously you know this, but in any online shooter, the laws of latency mean that there are going to be ties in 1-on-1 situations. Halo just throws its hands up and says "screw it you both died!" It feels like COD arbitrarily resolves the ties at times, but it definitely seems that Second Chance/Last Stand breaks the tie in your favor.

LeMaximilian said:

But you are getting headshots. They just aren't lethal headshots. I take it you mean that you only want to hear the headshot sound for lethal headshots? I actually like getting feedback that I'm landing headshots regardless of when it happens.

tsigo

LeMaximilian said:

Design director said on Twitter that that's by design. Yeah. Pretty stupid. You actually are getting a headshot, but somehow that's not a kill.

The headshot sound is playing on any headshot, not just ones that result in death.

tsigo said:
Design director said on Twitter that that's by design. Yeah. Pretty stupid. You actually are getting a headshot, but somehow that's not a kill.

Headshots are never guaranteed kills except for hardcore and sniper rifles. A headshot is just a 1.4x multiplier on top of the normal damage per bullet, which means basically nothing if only one of your shots is a headshot.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
tsigo said:

In COD multiplayer, generally...when you deal damage to an enemy, then shoot them in the head anywhere, they die. If you hit them in the head with any weapon but a sniper, you don't get a headshot kill until they are hit in the head after being dealt damage. I don't understand why it needed to be changed for BO?

tsigo

divisionbyzorro said:
Headshots are never guaranteed kills except for hardcore and sniper rifles. A headshot is just a 1.4x multiplier on top of the normal damage per bullet, which means basically nothing if only one of your shots is a headshot.

Yeah, I'm just so used to MW2 with "headshot sound, guy's dead".

kuYuri

LeMaximilian said:
In COD multiplayer, generally...when you deal damage to an enemy, then shoot them in the head anywhere, they die. If you hit them in the head with any weapon but a sniper, you don't get a headshot kill until they are hit in the head after being dealt damage. I don't understand why it needed to be changed for BO?

It's probably just to let people know they are actually hitting people in the head.

I'm sure you'll get used to it eventually. You're already what, 7th prestige? :lol

Just played 3 games.

1. Did incredibly well. But I was the top scorer on the losing team. So I suck.
2. I tried Max's loadout with the Blackbird and Chopper Gunner (don't have enough cash to get Dogs yet) I ended up getting the two of them pretty early-but my team inexplicably loses the game by like 10 kills.
3. Got my ass handed to me by fucking campers. These guys would just hole up behind some wall, get a kill and then move to another corner. Drove me fucking crazy.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
LeMaximilian said:
Wow. I honestly never feel the reason to ragequit, unless the very beginning of the game is a horrid connection. Sometimes you just get beat, deal with it.

K/D is hovering around 3.88 right now, planning on hitting 7th prestige tonight.

Same here, even when I, or me and friends run into annoying delayed-shot matches we never quit - we'll leave at the end of the match, but we'll fight that fight in whatever lag because we usually win anyways despite our K/D ratios taking huge plunges. This game enrages me so much when I'm hit someone and get feedback, die, then watch the replay and see that the guy had such a huge jump on me that I never even shot on his end.

And I've been sitting on 1st Prestige max rank for so long with all Killstreaks unlocked, all the perks I love at Pro (about 2/3rds of them) all the weapons and attachments at my disposal and crazy amounts of cash to use - had I prestiged right away I'd definitely be on my next prestige, solely because I don't get to play as much as I'd like to - but a friend convinced me to just go for it even though I'm enjoying sitting pretty right now, shooting everything down before they get to do any damage with my Strela, sabotaging crates and rolling with Ghost Pro - but screw it, first thing tomorrow I'm going to prestige and continue to do so.

I know very well the first 20 levels go crazy fast, but I liked being comfortable like this, but I do seriously miss the ranking up - I just hope I didn't blow my chances to rank up even faster, because every other match I'm completing challenges that give me 5000-10000 XP.

I'll miss you for a lil bit Ghost Pro.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
LeMaximilian said:
Alright Black Ops...

Haha, that was actually how I got my Second Chance Pro challenge completed. I died while still firing, so I got the kill while it was animating.

So we decided to break the TDM-fest and go into some domination. Everyone is still awful but now we have some Ghost-hero's in this. We played 3 games against a guy who would camp with Ghost pro and motion detector and try and get a chopper gunner. We mostly ignored him but our teammates would give him the kill streaks, problem is we won most of those games 200-50 or something. He got his 5 k/d but didn't contribute anything. I like having my decent K/D but I much prefer my 300-75 record in games.

tsigo said:
I'm used to headshots killing people...

I just discovered a SERIOUS GAMEBREAKER.

Like holy shit I can't believe they missed this.

You can acquire two of whatever killstreaks you desire when playing matches with rounds in them. What you do is wear Hardline for the first round, get to whatever killstreak you want two of, but don't call it in. Go and hide somewhere for the remainder of the round. In between rounds switch to a class WITHOUT Hardline on it. Call you KS in, then kill one more person and you'll get the exact same killstreak again. I did it with the blackbird just now. OP'ed just a bit?! Hahahaha. Just remember who told you first :D

RJNavarrete said:

You can acquire two of whatever killstreaks you desire when playing matches with rounds in them. What you do is wear Hardline for the first round, get to whatever killstreak you want two of, but don't call it in. Go and hide somewhere for the remainder of the round. In between rounds switch to a class WITHOUT Hardline on it. Call you KS in, then kill one more person and you'll get the exact same killstreak again. I did it with the blackbird just now. OP'ed just a bit?! Hahahaha. Just remember who told you first :D

:lol

I don't know about game-breaking, but that's pretty bad.

Mileena

Banned
I really want to know the thought process of some of the complete fucktards that play this game. Hardcore Search, match starts, they just go prone in their spawn the whole round waiting to kill people that rush their spawn or wait till time expires. What the fuck are you doing? Why bother playing? Seriously, fuck all the morons that play hardcore SD when they should be in combat training.

aku:jiki

cuevas said:
I'm used to headshots killing people...
Not in CoD you're not. One-shot headshots have no place in CoD.

RJNavarrate said:

You can acquire two of whatever killstreaks you desire when playing matches with rounds in them. What you do is wear Hardline for the first round, get to whatever killstreak you want two of, but don't call it in. Go and hide somewhere for the remainder of the round. In between rounds switch to a class WITHOUT Hardline on it. Call you KS in, then kill one more person and you'll get the exact same killstreak again. I did it with the blackbird just now. OP'ed just a bit?! Hahahaha. Just remember who told you first
:lol Fucked up.

Worst part is that the whole code for keeping your killstreak into next round seems completely instable. Not only the logical flaw you found, but it can just act so glitchy and weird... Sometimes it'll forget my killstreak, other times I'll start the next round with no killstreaks in my inventory and have to die to get them back (only when you switch class but still). There's probably more exploits to be found there. :/

zlatko

Banned
Played last night and tonight for about 2 hours with friends in Headquarters. I hadn't touched that game type probably since MW1, and holy crap the amount of kills/points/money you get is ridiculous. I almost feel like I'm cheating the game it's so damn easy. :lol

Edit: Wow! Elpresador just put up his BEST commentary ever. I died laughing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdJDWjOf_Ww

zlatko said:
Played last night and tonight for about 2 hours with friends in Headquarters. I hadn't touched that game type probably since MW1, and holy crap the amount of kills/points/money you get is ridiculous. I almost feel like I'm cheating the game it's so damn easy. :lol

That guy's hilarious.

"I'm getting close to the fire, 'cause I don't give a fuck!".

That heartattack-sentence at 3:12. :lol :lol :lol :lol

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

Woooooow - is there any way to slow the video down?

turned it off when the second chance pro comment came up.

Also why is it that whenever I get 1 chopper gunner most of the other team quits? This guy has everyone stay after like 40 of them go up? C'mon man!

cameltoe

I dont know what to do with this game!

I had a great connection for one day, got the KDR up to 3.2...then it all came crashing down! The past 2 days have been brutal! KDR now 2.8....acc down from 23% to 20.5...nothing registers any more! Its the most frustrating experience Ive had with a game ever! MW2 had its connection issues but nothing like this.

Whats up with the fucking framerate? When I aim down the sights and start shooting at someone, the frame drop is more then noticable (360 version) My 360 dying?

Between that and the lag...ugh!

Anyone notice when ninja is equipped you are silent until you crouch walk. You are loud as fuck when crouch walking. How did they fuck that up?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
divisionbyzorro said:
I eat second chance kids for breakfast. If he wants to neuter himself like that, he's welcome to.
Oh wow, you are so cool.
I kill teammates lying there on the ground begging for revives

Myomoto

zlatko said:

I'm so glad I'm not that guy's neighbour :lol

KJTB

Patrick Bateman said:
Finally got Ghost Pro. Nobody uses Sentry Guns in this game...

Yeah, I got ghost pro purely by luck. I guess I threw a nade and it destroyed one without me noticing or something. I didn't even know that I destroyed the sentry gun until the match was over :lol

I wont get ghost pro till I decide to stay at a prestige because I hate shooting shit down. I try every time a cod game comes out

Not in CoD you're not. One-shot headshots have no place in CoD.
I hope this was sarcasm because I love my call of duty 1 shots.

Elprasador's little ditty :lol The guy makes me laugh like a fucking drain.

Anyway, here's a video of a moron who didn't notice me standing right next to him, whilst I was in Chopper Gunner view :lol Look what happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk9onKcx90g

RE: the headshot debate

In WaW, a headshot was an instant kill, even if it were the first bullet to connect. It also made that wondrous *DINK* noise that warmed the cockles of my heart.

zlatko said:

Remember, when you unsubscribe because ten more subscribe. So I don't give a fuck :lol

Stantron

cameltoe said:
I dont know what to do with this game!

I had a great connection for one day, got the KDR up to 3.2...then it all came crashing down! The past 2 days have been brutal! KDR now 2.8....acc down from 23% to 20.5...nothing registers any more! Its the most frustrating experience Ive had with a game ever! MW2 had its connection issues but nothing like this.

Whats up with the fucking framerate? When I aim down the sights and start shooting at someone, the frame drop is more then noticable (360 version) My 360 dying?

Between that and the lag...ugh!
I'm on 360 as well. I'm not noticing any major framerate problems in MP, but the lag and hit detection is a serious problem for me too. Dying behind corners, kill cam discrepancies, all that BS. A few times, I noticed that I put several shots into an enemy as my magazine emptied, yet the guy doesn't die until I've already started my reload animation. It's subtle, but this leads me to believe that I'm probably spending more than necessary shots to take dudes out normally.

I'm considering to upgrade my 20Mbps Comcast to 50Mbps for an extra $50 for a month just to test out if my experience improves. Maybe the game will pick me as host more often? Anyone have any insights if this would help, or is the game's net code is just shitty and your connection doesn't really matter???

I gotta say though, 2.8 KD is nothing to complain about

Top Bottom