• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Xux

Freezie KO said:
That is atrocious. Commando-levels of bad. But tbh, I've never experienced anything like that. Isn't the lag recorded into Theater Mode? Such as why you see people dying around corners? (and I don't mean to excuse the lag)

Yeah, the lunge is way shorter than lag makes it seem; that guy was probably a couple feet in front of the stairs when he melee'd.

.nimrod

Strider2K99 said:
Next update/patch list. Worth noting are the gameplay tunings:

[...]

PS3
I wonder why they removed the notes about a fix for the freezing issues on ps3 -.-

As for the knife:
I really have no idea why anybody would think a lunge+OHK knife would be a good idea for an fps. A knife should always be the last option after you burned through all your primary and secondary ammo and were stupid enough not to pick up another weapon, OR when you managed to sneak up on somebody and want to be silent/save ammo.
It should also take at least 2 stabs to kill someone, or 1 stab from behind coupled with a lengthy animation.

Patrick Bateman said:
No fix of the broken host immigration and connection? Yay...

Who the fuck cares about fixing rare gameplay shit when you're not even able to play the game?

Haha...

Played for about an hour and still got a lot of connection errors..

Why are they not fixing that?

bolbronx

Patrick Bateman said:
Are there any advantages of Prestige besides the extra slot?

I find that the game becomes kinda boring when everything is unlocked, that's the only reason i'm prestigeing (?).

But i was wondering, how about the "Lifetime"-challenges? Are they reset too?

eek5

Xux said:
Jeeze, I wonder how far the lunge is now, it's gotta be at least 75% of the COD4 lunge after these two nerfs.
Probably. I can't believe people are still complaining about it though. The knife is so unreliable from far away that I never even initiate the swipe until I'm almost touching the other player. I don't really mind them nerfing it though, it will just make things easier for me.

I think the better balance would be to change marathon pro from unlimited sprint to 4x the sprint duration.

Mully

sweetfish said:
I love the tomahawk in Sticks and Stones!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjxsgzItOKY

Oh, so it was you who took away my easy win in the final seconds two games in a row last night. I really don't understand why some people Tomahawk within the first few seconds of the game. Everyone is at zero, and you get the least amount of points. Same thing when people Tomahawk you immediately after you were just Tomahawked. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Stantron

* • Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
Booooooooo! It was fine as is. They shouldn't always listen to the whiners. If your gonna make a change at all, change the probabilities of rolling higher killstreaks for the non care package crates. Don't just remove them entirely.

Stantron said:
Booooooooo! It was fine as is. They shouldn't always listen to the whiners. If your gonna make a change at all, change the probabilities of rolling higher killstreaks for the non care package crates. Don't just remove them entirely.
The whiners? It doesn't seem like rolling on more than the care package was intended.

sweetfish

Gold Member
Mully said:
Oh, so it was you who took away my easy win in the final seconds two games in a row last night. I really don't understand why some people Tomahawk within the first few seconds of the game. Everyone is at zero, and you get the least amount of points. Same thing when people Tomahawk you immediately after you were just Tomahawked. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Haha, sorry about that. :lol I can't help it, the tomahawk is like an addiction.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
That is really stupid with the change to Hardline Pro.

And yes it WAS intended, it was even stated in the official guide.

Again, I don't use it, but devs need to set a limit to listening and giving in to whiners, same deal when they turned the anti-camping solution (a.k.a. Dual Model 1887's) to worthlessness, and now they are about to give in again.

People that abused Hardline Pro might get a chance to get something good, sure, but most of the time they got something worse, or better yet, got it stolen and/or booby-trapped by people by me - and more people doing that meant less time in action doing what they're supposed to be doing which was always good for me.

Thank GOD about the knife lunge reduction, so damn annoying whenever I hipfire someone and they teleport into me with a stab. Glad that they're finally fixing the Gunship as well, it's been glitched 4 times out of the 6 times I earned it.

Just finished a session with GAFer Saigoh (tsigo apparently - no wonder I didn't recognize the gamertag!). I tell you what - no offense to my real-life friends, but they suck at CoD! It was refreshing to play with someone with a higher K/D than me for a change. I've got to do this more often. :lol

tsigo

divisionbyzorro said:
Just finished a session with GAFer Saigoh. I tell you what - no offense to my real-life friends, but they suck at CoD! It was refreshing to play with someone with a higher K/D than me for a change. I've got to do this more often. :lol

With 3 people and basic communication we went undefeated for the five or six full games we played. Need a full team!

the requirements for some of the pro-perks are really annoying. forcing me to play CTF (a mode i hate) just so i can unlock marathon pro sucks.

Raiden

Banned
WickedLaharl said:
the requirements for some of the pro-perks are really annoying. forcing me to play CTF (a mode i hate) just so i can unlock marathon pro sucks.

Agreed, also if you're like me and only realised at lv 40 that you need to buy the pro versions kinda blows too.

cameltoe

divisionbyzorro said:
Just finished a session with GAFer Saigoh. I tell you what - no offense to my real-life friends, but they suck at CoD! It was refreshing to play with someone with a higher K/D than me for a change. I've got to do this more often. :lol

lets hook up! GT x smoothupinya

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
Skilotonn said:
That is really stupid with the change to Hardline Pro.

And yes it WAS intended, it was even stated in the official guide.

Again, I don't use it, but devs need to set a limit to listening and giving in to whiners, same deal when they turned the anti-camping solution (a.k.a. Dual Model 1887's) to worthlessness, and now they are about to give in again.

People that abused Hardline Pro might get a chance to get something good, sure, but most of the time they got something worse, or better yet, got it stolen and/or booby-trapped by people by me - and more people doing that meant less time in action doing what they're supposed to be doing which was always good for me.
It felt really unbalanced to me... Just the fact that they could get a gunship from a SAM turret is kind of bullshit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cMxAB3IYz4 is an example.
Especially in game like TDM, this can really unbalance the teams.
Also, I disagree that in most cases they get something worse or get it stolen. I've only gotten a very smal amount stolen and have only stolen one care package. And when you reroll a SAM turret, chances are pretty good that it WILL be something of a higher killstreak since it's so low. Of course you still have the chances of getting Spy Plane, or Ammo, but it's not as likely if you were rerolling a care package.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
OMGLOL A LLAMA said:
It felt really unbalanced to me... Just the fact that they could get a gunship from a SAM turret is kind of bullshit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cMxAB3IYz4 is an example.
Especially in game like TDM, this can really unbalance the teams.
Also, I disagree that in most cases they get something worse or get it stolen. I've only gotten a very smal amount stolen and have only stolen one care package. And when you reroll a SAM turret, chances are pretty good that it WILL be something of a higher killstreak since it's so low. Of course you still have the chances of getting Spy Plane, or Ammo, but it's not as likely if you were rerolling a care package.

Unprepared teams can get the unfortunate chance of getting stomped on, but once I get Ghost Pro & Strela I don't ever fear anything in the sky because even playing with randoms I can take down a CG/Gunship on my own before it gets five or so kills, and on top of that, the patch will now put a delay on getting shown on CG/Gunship radars so even non-Ghosts will get to shoot them down in no time.

Plus Black Ops has that limit of one killstreak in the sky at a time for both teams even, so it really wouldn't have been as disastrous as this perk would've been in MW2.

Only thing that sucks is when I'm the beginning of the next prestige and have to rely on teammates to shoot things down, but they made their decision already so there's nothing else to do but wait for the patch to come in.

God help me I decided to prestige. Back to the grind, but I did get one nice bonus. As soon as I got the create a class ability I bought Ghost, Warlord and Hacker. The very first game of Domination I saw a enemy sentry guy deployed on the map Radiation I believe, the one where the B flag is underground. Hopped down and knifed it....I had the biggest grin on my face. :D

Skilotonn said:
Unprepared teams can get the unfortunate chance of getting stomped on, but once I get Ghost Pro & Strela I don't ever fear anything in the sky because even playing with randoms I can take down a CG/Gunship on my own before it gets five or so kills, and on top of that, the patch will now put a delay on getting shown on CG/Gunship radars so even non-Ghosts will get to shoot them down in no time..

And the noobs running RC cars will still get their kills because the thing has bullet proof armor.

SECOND FUCKING CHANCE

corkscrewblow said:
It's quite easy to blow up RC cars. Bullet proof armor? :lol

If you're not host, or if you're not using a fully-auto weapon, shooting RC cars turns out to be ridiculously difficult. Mostly because of hit detection, not "bulletproof armor."

jedimike

VaLiancY said:
Commando called and said all other ARs are weaksauce. :p I love that damn AR, favorite gun in the game next to the MP5k. A bitch I won't see it again til later. <prestige button>

Yep, Commando was amazing... now I'm stuck with the Enfield. It sucks so bad... At least I have the Famas coming soon.

My new favorite class:

• SPAS-12 + Suppressor
  • Makarov Akimbo
  • Frag/Concussion/Claymore
  • Ghost
  • Sleight of Hand
  • Ninja

So much fun to use! Outside of FFA it's almost impossible to get insanely good scores with this, but you can definitely put up some good numbers and harass the enemy with it. You have to imagine that they're raging too. "That shotgun guy? Again?!" :lol

I know you guys like your Commando and FAMAS but for me it's all about the AUG. I just do wonderful things when playing with that.

AUG with:
RDS
Silencer
Red
Emblem & tag
large crosshairs in green.

Feels good man.

On a side note, I had an absolutely EPIC finish to a S&D match on Array today. It was down to me and an opponent. Our bomb was dropped by a fallen teammate in the main tower. I Threw a Nova gas into the room following the stairs and got a few hit markers, so the guy starts inside panics and starts shooting sporadically. I moved in to try and get a kill but he was jumping all over the place. Neither of us managed to hit each other :lol so we both had to reload, but I thought 'fuck it' and grabbed the bomb; legged it out of there leaving a claymore in my wake. I JUST got the bomb activated at A with the clock at under a second! From there I just waited it out for the noise of the guy defusing.. :lol

BigBlue1974 said:
God help me I decided to prestige. Back to the grind, but I did get one nice bonus. As soon as I got the create a class ability I bought Ghost, Warlord and Hacker. The very first game of Domination I saw a enemy sentry guy deployed on the map Radiation I believe, the one where the B flag is underground. Hopped down and knifed it....I had the biggest grin on my face. :D
I just made it over the hill, prestiged second time and regretted it until now that I have my ak74u back <3

I really like this game. And a lot of my issues have grown on me and are no longer issues. But this lost connection shit has got. To. End.

cameltoe

divisionbyzorro said:
You've only played MW2, MoH, and Blops? You do know there are other 360 games, right? :lol

Friend requests sent to both of you guys.

I played CS from 1999-2007 and nothing else! Im getting better....

Mileena

Banned
cuevas said:
Yeah it takes like 14.3 hits before I get a hit marker.
That's called this game having awful registry, not bulletproof armor :lol

The registry in this game is really bad though, sometimes I'll shoot somebody 4-5 times and they won't die then they kill me with (what it seems like) two bullets. RAGE.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
corkscrewblow said:

The registry in this game is really bad though, sometimes I'll shoot somebody 4-5 times and they won't die then they kill me with (what it seems like) two bullets. RAGE.

It's called lag, not hit detection, not hit registry. It's simply lag.

corkscrewblow said:

Lol I know, it was a joke. Cod games have always had a horrendous netcode.

Raiden

Banned
cuevas said:
Lol I know, it was a joke. Cod games have always had a horrendous netcode.

Edit: Nvm all that, just gonna provocate things :p

In short, i honestly have no idea how you people lag/play this game, i play with 2 friends of mine, put the search on local, and we have no fucking lag or bad hit detection.

Honestly most people that complain are just sucking in the game.

Raiden said:
Edit: Nvm all that, just gonna provocate things :p

In short, i honestly have no idea how you people lag/play this game, i play with 2 friends of mine, put the search on local, and we have no fucking lag or bad hit detection.

Honestly most people that complain are just sucking in the game.
No, its the good players who notice the lag. Bad players wont notice because its just another death from them sucking.

Top Bottom