• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Grisby

Wow, just started playing this tonight on Hardened and its pretty difficult. Anyone got any tips for where I'm at?

I'm in the Vietnam level and I have to head down a slope while 'pushing back the NVC'. I am dying left and right. Also, I think bearded man mentioned something about napalm.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Here I am sitting in another 4 v 3 game on Jungle thanks to Treyarch's broken matchmaking.

Nearly a month after release and this shit is still fucked. It seems like new players can't join games in progress which leads to uneven teams and low player counts on these big ass maps.

sigh

tsigo

Cerrius said:
Here I am sitting in another 4 v 3 game on Jungle thanks to Treyarch's broken matchmaking.

Nearly a month after release and this shit is still fucked. It seems like new players can't join games in progress which leads to uneven teams and low player counts on these big ass maps.

sigh

Yeeeeeeeeup. And it hasn't even been acknowledged by Treyarch, much less been in the latest patch notes, so this problem's here to stay for a while.

Cerrius said:

sigh
No it loves to put me in the end of games during a 54 game winning streak.

Grisby said:
Wow, just started playing this tonight on Hardened and its pretty difficult. Anyone got any tips for where I'm at?

I'm in the Vietnam level and I have to head down a slope while 'pushing back the NVC'. I am dying left and right. Also, I think bearded man mentioned something about napalm.

Run up to what look like regular-ass barrels about halfway down the hill. Stand in front of them until you see a button prompt. Press the button.

Mileena

Banned
Raiden said:
Honestly most people that complain are just sucking in the game.
yea, no.

I like this game, probably more than MW2 (though I miss the fuck out of the silenced UMP) but the lag can be atrocious at times.

I'm waiting till the next update, see if it drastically improves the gameplay and if not sell the whole shit. Fuck it, really, I gave it time and opportunity to grow on my, but you just get kicked in the face by this game the whole time. And if you are down on the ground the game walks away and just as it passes by your face, farts right into it...

Raiden

Banned
Patrick Bateman said:
I'm waiting till the next update, see if it drastically improves the gameplay and if not sell the whole shit. Fuck it, really, I gave it time and opportunity to grow on my, but you just get kicked in the face by this game the whole time. And if you are down on the ground the game walks away and just as it passes by your face, farts right into it...

So you're still in this thread complaining? :lol

Just go ahead and sell the copy and do us all a favor.

Nelo Ice

Banned
so just started 2nd prestige and started off 38-18 in domination(yes i was capping/defending blah blah) and speaking of which games where i go batshit insane in with kills usually lead to team wins since most times i nearly single handedly bring back my team from the brink of the defeat since i usually have a chopper gunner/attack dogs equipped so those usually hold the other team down giving my team time to defend and cap points and if not i just clean house myself :lol

also if anyones still having trouble killing a sentry i ended up killing 2 in the aforementioned match even though i couldnt make a class with ghost till after the match =( :lol

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I'm waiting for myself to appear in a new OMG TOMAHAWK PWNED video.

Playing on Villa. I spawn, run down the main outdoor corridor that runs below the sniper room (not the side corridor that is perpendicular to the villa but the one that runs parallel to it). So I'm turning the corner looking at the building that has a little window to the left that you'll usually find someone shooting from. Then I die. I was like "WTF?" And, of course, it's the last kill. So, in front of everyone, I get to see a replay of a guy throw a tomahawk from the second story window to the corner where I'm standing. The tomahawk flies through the air, banks off a wall, banks off the ground, then flies straight into my ankle. Everyone goes ballistic and I'm sitting there pretty embarrassed! :lol

Another good story: On Grid my first care package was a Chopper Gunner. My second care package was a Gunship :lol Went something like 37-4. :D

Man, yesterday I encountered the first quick-scopers I've seen in this game. One game had two guys doing it, and later on had another game with one guy.

These guys were running around with the L96A1 or whatever and pulling up the scope for like half a second and getting ridiculous one-hit kills with them. I thought the sway was supposed to fix this?

Don't exactly know what these guys were doing or how, but it was really starting to piss me off playing against them. I hope it doesn't spread.

GeekyDad

RSTEIN said:
...Then I die. I was like "WTF?" And, of course, it's the last kill. So, in front of everyone, I get to see a replay of a guy throw a tomahawk from the second story window to the corner where I'm standing....

I never mess with that thing. I'm just curious, what's the collision for the tomahawk? Is it a pretty wide hit box? I'm seeing a lot of these vids now, and it's starting to sound a bit like noobtubing spawns.

GeekyDad said:
I never mess with that thing. I'm just curious, what's the collision for the tomahawk? Is it a pretty wide hit box? I'm seeing a lot of these vids now, and it's starting to sound a bit like noobtubing spawns.

These people equip tomahawks and throw them randomly all the time, just hoping to get lucky. That's all it is. You throw enough of them and it's bound to happen.

lazytonberry said:
Man, yesterday I encountered the first quick-scopers I've seen in this game. One game had two guys doing it, and later on had another game with one guy.

These guys were running around with the L96A1 or whatever and pulling up the scope for like half a second and getting ridiculous one-hit kills with them. I thought the sway was supposed to fix this?

Don't exactly know what these guys were doing or how, but it was really starting to piss me off playing against them. I hope it doesn't spread.

According to Vonderhaar they are very slowly decreasing the nerf to get to a sweet spot. I'm wondering if people either have gotten really good at it or if its the fact of the slight de-nerfing. I guess well see. Still hardly ever seen snipers though.

Raiden

Banned
matt404au said:
Damn, I knew I'd been doing well since changing to the AUG, but I didn't realise how well until I just checked then:

http://i.imgur.com/Aaakb.png

I might be wrong, but those stats only imply the amount of kills you have with that weapon, and the number of times you have been killed by an AUG?

If so, im sorry but that means nothing, the AUG is not a very popular weapon ...thus the chances of being kileld by it are low to start with.

Unless they mean kills gotten by the AUG and being killed while using it... then i would say its impressive.

Hubba-EX

Neo Member
Raiden said:
I might be wrong, but those stats only imply the amount of kills you have with that weapon, and the number of times you have been killed by an AUG?

If so, im sorry but that means nothing, the AUG is not a very popular weapon ...thus the chances of being kileld by it are low to start with.

Unless they mean kills gotten by the AUG and being killed while using it... then i would say its impressive.

That is what it is.

rinse82

anybody else having issues online when the game is loading and gets stuck forever at "waiting for other players"?

PS3 doesnt lock up or anything, it just stays at that screen

glaurung

rinse82 said:
anybody else having issues online when the game is loading and gets stuck forever at "waiting for other players"?

Yes.

That happened twice to me tonight. But what is incomparably worse: I managed to get three proper game rounds out of 15 or so. The game either fails at matchmaking, the game fails at migrating hosts and the game just drops all players at random.

Shame on the assheads over at Activision and Treyarch, not being able to patch their sh** in due time. They are probably already hard at work on the next piece of crap with the CoD prefix. It is like the NBA games already...

iNvid02

just found out that because i'm playing on a US PSN account, Black Ops thought my geographical reigon was US - always pairing me up with players across the world.

Went on my UK PSN account, reigon showed as UK and i got host 4 bar immediatley

Rage1.png

iNvidious01 said:
just found out that because i'm playing on a US PSN account, Black Ops thought my geographical reigon was US - always pairing me up with players across the world.

Went on my UK PSN account, reigon showed as UK and i got host 4 bar immediatley

r93epy.gif

nomoment

GeekyDad said:
At close range, the hit box and general "stickiness" of the tomahawk seems to be a lot better than the throwing knife ever was in MW2. I think it's a viable option if you're 7-15 feet away.

Myomoto

nomoment said:
At close range, the hit box and general "stickiness" of the tomahawk seems to be a lot better than the throwing knife ever was in MW2. I think it's a viable option if you're 7-15 feet away.

It's awesome with a shotgun. It covers that awkward close-range, yet not close-range enough situation. It's also great for when you're stuck reloading, since it comes out so fast.

Ergh, terrible lag tonight. Combined with drop-shotters, TDM objective players and knife lunges I'm about done. I'll probably play it again tomorrow, but at 2nd prestige all these things are slowly starting to bug me. I just can't play well when the lag is this awful. I'd rather not play at all.

Also: What the fuck is with the claymores on this game? Whenever I use a claymore, I don't get a kill, the guy runs straight fucking through and shoots me. I get within a foot or two and I'm toast. Bullshit.

Grisby

divisionbyzorro said:
Run up to what look like regular-ass barrels about halfway down the hill. Stand in front of them until you see a button prompt. Press the button.

Thanks, got passed it.

i cannot render a video anymore for some reason. it just never shows up on callofduty.com even tho the game tells me the process was successful.

Cardigan

WickedLaharl said:
i cannot render a video anymore for some reason. it just never shows up on callofduty.com even tho the game tells me the process was successful.
I tried to render one today as well and the same thing happened.

jet1911

MarshMellow96 said:
Ergh, terrible lag tonight. Combined with drop-shotters, TDM objective players and knife lunges I'm about done. I'll probably play it again tomorrow, but at 2nd prestige all these things are slowly starting to bug me. I just can't play well when the lag is this awful. I'd rather not play at all.

Also: What the fuck is with the claymores on this game? Whenever I use a claymore, I don't get a kill, the guy runs straight fucking through and shoots me. I get within a foot or two and I'm toast. Bullshit.
It's called Flack Jacket and it's awesome. You should try it. :p

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
rinse82 said:

yeah happens to me all the time. this and not being able to join parties/accept invites has made made me stop playing.

Hopefully a patch comes out fixing it as I would like to jump back into the game.

Effect

I have to really wonder if Treyarch/Activision were completely ignorant of how this emblem system would be used in the end. Especially knowing full well how some players actually talk on Xbox Live and online in general when it comes to FPS? Did no one internally question this? Did none of their lawyers warn them?

Are they actually banning players when garbage like that is reported?

The guy gets an "A" for effort though. You know what ticks me off? He can get away with that emblem but I can't make any sort of clan tag because "grap3fruitman" contains "rape" in it.

grap3fruitman said:
The guy gets an "A" for effort though. You know what ticks me off? He can get away with that emblem but I can't make any sort of clan tag because "grap3fruitman" contains "rape" in it.

Seriously man, it's pretty silly how I can't name one of my classes 'Assault' because it picks up the 'ass'. The racist emblems are pretty bad, but the detail on some of the sexual(read: ejaculating penii) emblems have shocked me.

iNvid02

sw33tclyde said:
Seriously man, it's pretty silly how I can't name one of my classes 'Assault' because it picks up the 'ass'. The racist emblems are pretty bad, but the detail on some of the sexual(read: ejaculating penii) emblems have shocked me.

assholes penises vaginas - with incredible detail, no idea how long these weirdos spent making em but they're almost everywhere

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Is there some trick to insta killing dogs?
I just called them in on jungle and 30 seconds and zero kills later they are gone.

Top Bottom