• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

The M.O.B

WTF Treyarch, the consoles version have gotten like 4-6 patches so far, while PC got 1 I think.

Take notes Treyarch, and follow this guide to make this game bearable again.

-Take out that Knife lunge BS, and that ballistic knife.

-Some sort of delay in drawing their gun for people who drop to prone in an instant.

-Re-Design the lame maps, a ton of these maps do not fit the gameplay modes Treyarch tried to force on them, and some are just terrible (Oh wait, they will just ^$%&$% us with $20 for 2 DLC maps or something.)

-Makeup your minds Treyarch, are you making COD a run-n-gun game or an all-around game? Because it feels like a run-n-gun game which puts people who like to use Snipers at a huge disadvantage. Also, most maps have obvious sniper spots, which make you the center of un-wanted attention. (Array being the only semi sniper friendly map)

-Please NUKE Nuketown for real, that map serves as nothing except a map to level up quickly on. And it is terrible no matter which mode you play it in.

-Stop rewarding people for not following the objectives. Don't give 1st place and the exp to somebody who just kills a ton in CTF, give it to the guy who is trying to defend and capture.

Yes these are redundant complaints, I cannot believe anybody at Treyarch didn't see all these flaws.

bolbronx

Okay i need to get something straight.

Why are people using ghost + suppressor?
Aren't they doing the same thing? Well, kinda?

I always thought the firing of the weapon is what you see on the minimap?

But with ghost you're already invisible on the minimap, so why go with the suppressor as well?

Just read through the shit i was trying to ask, and i don't understand it myself, so here's a recap:

What does ghost do?

What does the suppressor do?

Why are people combining them?

bolbronx said:
Okay i need to get something straight.

Why are people using ghost + suppressor?
Aren't they doing the same thing? Well, kinda?

I always thought the firing of the weapon is what you see on the minimap?

But with ghost you're already invisible on the minimap, so why go with the suppressor as well?

Just read through the shit i was trying to ask, and i don't understand it myself, so here's a recap:

What does ghost do?

Ghost only makes you invisible for spyplane, a blink on the minimap will still appear while shooting. Suppressor removes that blink.

Xux

bolbronx said:
What does ghost do?
You won't show up on the minimap when Spy Planes are up.
bolbronx said:
You won't show up on on the minimap when you fire your gun.
bolbronx said:
You won't show up on the minimap unless they have a Blackbird in the air.

eek5

The M.O.B said:
WTF Treyarch, the consoles version have gotten like 4-6 patches so far, while PC got 1 I think.

Take notes Treyarch, and follow this guide to make this game bearable again.

-Take out that Knife lunge BS, and that ballistic knife.

-Some sort of delay in drawing their gun for people who drop to prone in an instant.

-Re-Design the lame maps, a ton of these maps do not fit the gameplay modes Treyarch tried to force on them, and some are just terrible (Oh wait, they will just ^$%&$% us with $20 for 2 DLC maps or something.)

-Makeup your minds Treyarch, are you making COD a run-n-gun game or an all-around game? Because it feels like a run-n-gun game which puts people who like to use Snipers at a huge disadvantage. Also, most maps have obvious sniper spots, which make you the center of un-wanted attention. (Array being the only semi sniper friendly map)

-Please NUKE Nuketown for real, that map serves as nothing except a map to level up quickly on. And it is terrible no matter which mode you play it in.

-Stop rewarding people for not following the objectives. Don't give 1st place and the exp to somebody who just kills a ton in CTF, give it to the guy who is trying to defend and capture.

Yes these are redundant complaints, I cannot believe anybody at Treyarch didn't see all these flaws.

I disagree with everything here. Maybe you should be playing a different game?

aku:jiki said:
It also suppresses the muzzle flash so aiming and hitting gets easier. You don't just use it for stealth.
And also don't forget how satisfying it is to get in a fight with one guy, kill him and have his buddy standing right there, but turned away from you not even realize it until you finish him off as well. :lol

GeekyDad

To be honest, Black Ops is the first CoD I've invested any real time into with regards to multiplayer, and it's really surprising to me just how much it has in common with DotA. For every perk, there seems to be a piece of equipment or kill streak to counter it, etc. For instance, instead of using my tier-one perk on ghost to stay invisible, I can use flak jacket instead and arm myself with the counter spy plane to stay invisible. Instead of using the scavenger perk, I can attach extended mag to my gun -- instead of slight of hand, attach dual mag. I love the fact that you can still get an almost perfect build with only a little bit of compromise.

Just wish the game didn't have so many technical problems.

WoodWERD

If I rendered a clip (xbox) last night before I got registered on the cod site, do I need to go in and re-render? It's still not showing up online.

Mw182006 said:
If I rendered a clip (xbox) last night before I got registered on the cod site, do I need to go in and re-render? It's still not showing up online.

I'd say so. Sign up, link your YouTube account, and re-render.

Although sometimes it shows up right away, and sometimes it shows up five days later. :lol

hamchan

Yeah they need to release a patch for the PC already. My game keeps jumping between 30 and 60 fps so I have to lock it at 30 to make it stable and it seems like besides shadows, lowering the graphics doesn't make it better, so I just keep that on high now. I want to play CoD at 60 fps damn it.

yoopoo

Banned
Whats in the new upcoming patch, any news on the footsteps sound fix? I hate how no one produces and sound when running...everyone is ninja in this game.

yoopoo said:
Whats in the new upcoming patch, any news on the footsteps sound fix? I hate how no one produces and sound when running...everyone is ninja in this game.

That's not entirely true; when I run with Ninja I can hear people coming up on me in my Turtle Beaches. But if I don't use Ninja, my footsteps overpower everything else. It's certainly not up to MW2 levels, but it's still there.

cameltoe

divisionbyzorro said:
That's not entirely true; when I run with Ninja I can hear people coming up on me in my Turtle Beaches. But if I don't use Ninja, my footsteps overpower everything else. It's certainly not up to MW2 levels, but it's still there.

Well, all I hear are my teammates footsteps using ninja pro. I am using headphones as well. I had no issues with MW2 but with BO I cannot hear the enemy until its too late. You then watch the killcam and the dude is crazy loud running right up behind you.

yoopoo

Banned
New patch fixes...Ninja Pro fix yay!

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=313365&sid=u6s2nnfkvp1g7ojatk j5e1qcl3

Issues Addressed:
• Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.
• Additional measures to prevent the “Transmission error” and other disconnects. This was most likely to occur with large parties where party members had mixed NAT types.
• Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.
• Addressed an issue with VOIP icons not appearing when USB headsets were plugged in prior to game launch.
• Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.
• Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes.
• Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes.
• Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.
• Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.
• Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges.
• Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.
• Prevention of Gunship and Chopper Gunner failing to give player full control under rare conditions.
• Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances.
• Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities.

Gameplay Tuning:
• Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
• Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.
• Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.
• Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
• Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.
• Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
• Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.

cameltoe said:
Well, all I hear are my teammates footsteps using ninja pro. I am using headphones as well. I had no issues with MW2 but with BO I cannot hear the enemy until its too late. You then watch the killcam and the dude is crazy loud running right up behind you.

I never use Ninja in team modes, only in FFA. :lol

And yeah, he seems crazy loud because your footsteps are louder to you than to other people for some silly reason. In the killcam you hear what he heard.

aku:jiki

divisionbyzorro said:
And yeah, he seems crazy loud because your footsteps are louder to you than to other people for some silly reason.
I would think that that's so that you know what you're walking on without having to focus on it. You can just use the sounds in your speakers to know what kind of ruckus you're causing around you, and it's amped up so that you won't miss it and can focus on other things.

I'm ready to believe that this effect is entirely accidental though. :lol

I just went 32-9 on WMD Domination. I know it's not impressive, but it's easily the best I've ever done. I've never broken 30 kills with a respectable KDR before.

The simple habit of going around every corner with the sights up has changed everything for me. Way more successful.

Splinter

yoopoo said:
New patch fixes...Ninja Pro fix yay!

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=313365&sid=u6s2nnfkvp1g7ojatk j5e1qcl3

Issues Addressed:
• Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.
• Additional measures to prevent the “Transmission error” and other disconnects. This was most likely to occur with large parties where party members had mixed NAT types.
• Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.
• Addressed an issue with VOIP icons not appearing when USB headsets were plugged in prior to game launch.
• Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.
• Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes.
• Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes.
• Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.
• Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.
• Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges.
• Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.
• Prevention of Gunship and Chopper Gunner failing to give player full control under rare conditions.
• Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances.
• Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities.

Gameplay Tuning:
• Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
• Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.
• Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.
• Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
• Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.
• Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
• Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.

So does the patch make everyone hear footsteps better? Or just the people who use ninja pro?

uraldix

Splinter said:
So does the patch make everyone hear footsteps better? Or just the people who use ninja pro?

Ninja Pro. Instead of making enemy footsteps louder, they made everything else quieter (from what I read). After the patch, it should work as intended.

tsigo

Shrug, that's how 720p looks! Or, at least how it looks through the game's screenshot mode. It might clean it up since it's only one frame, or something.

LeMaximilian said:
That looks way to good to be the 360 version, lol. D-pad in the right is what confuses me.

JTagged consoles were able to send messages in MW2. Could the same be true here?

Of course, it could always be a 360 interface shopped over a PC shot. I'll wait to freak out if this becomes a widespread thing.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
tsigo said:
Guys. I was on the 360. I'm not lying, and I'm not imagining which console I own.

Let's make several more queries and posts in regards to us thinking it's a shoop, a hack, or a fib. I like where this is going...

tsigo
doesn't even own a 360
(Today, 04:01 PM)
Reply | Quote

tsigo said:
Guys. I was on the 360. I'm not lying, and I'm not imagining which console I own.

:lol I believe you, no worries!

And apparently you and I are cursed. We can't play Blops together unless we connect to a third person, and we can't party chat together either!

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
So the post mortem statistics of the Machinima 24-7 15th prestige run is up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiJV5HgJGII

:lol I don't know what to say really, lol.

I've got around 5d 20hr of play and I'm coming up on 9th prestige, W/R is around 2.56 and K/D setting around 3.91. Been hovering 3.88-3.9 for the last prestige n a half. Actually taken a bit of a break from the game, gonna put a video of a 70-0 match together with commentary about what's brutally wrong with BO.

LeMaximilian said:
So the post mortem statistics of the Machinima 24-7 15th prestige run is up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiJV5HgJGII

:lol I don't know what to say really, lol.

I've got around 5d 20hr of play and I'm coming up on 9th prestige, W/R is around 2.56 and K/D setting around 3.91. Been hovering 3.88-3.9 for the last prestige n a half. Actually taken a bit of a break from the game, gonna put a video of a 70-0 match together with commentary about what's brutally wrong with BO.

It took me 24h of playtime to get to one prestige. Not nearly as good as yours, but I still would beat Machinima by almost two days of playtime if I kept that pace. But that's what happens when you have people playing 24/7. They don't play particularly well, especially on those overnight shifts. :lol

The M.O.B

AnEternalEnigma said:
The console versions have only gotten one patch since launch.

-Okay, I feel a tad bit better now.

eek5 said:
I disagree with everything here. Maybe you should be playing a different game?

-You like the ridiculous knife lunge? The one that can teleport through walls?

-You don't mind everyone jumping to prone every time? The lamest thing I see all the time is two guys encounter each other and instantly jump to prone and start firing. Never have I encountered a game with such a stupid tactic.

-Do you honestly think the maps fit the game modes? They just don't. CTF for example needs the map to be COMPLETELY symmetrical on both sides, and none of the maps fit that bill.

-Wow, you disagree on the game not being fit for snipers??? I thought everybody would agree with this. I don't think you have ever used a sniper rifle before, you would know the feeling of people continuously bum-rushing you with rapid-fire smg's.

-Nuketown is fail, I did have fun with it during a 6-player match, but 18 people on that map is plain stupid.

-You do not agree that this game rewards people for not following the objective? I would love your rebuttal on this matter. The game seemingly values kills over all else.

Xux said:
What's wrong with the Ballistic Knife? Aside from it sucking so bad.

-It is too easy to abuse. People wait around a corner (Lightweight, marathon perks), and since it is so fast, unless you have radar at that moment, chances are they will get you. And what pisses me off is that a lot of these people are not playing to win, they are there to get their KD ratio up by camping and killing the occasional guys that walks by their camping spot.

Sorry if I sound a little mad in this post, game has the potential to be great. But for now, to me it is just a good game that isn't worth the $60 price tag yet.

tsigo

Quoting from their patch thread under LIVE FIXES: "Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby"

I was just in a game where everyone except the host had 3 or fewer bars. The game could have picked anyone else and it would have been a better host.

Top Bottom