• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

VALKYRAY

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
Oh yes, One Man Army Danger Close tubes and Nuke campers were so much better.
say that after the next call of duty comes out and see how soon peole will stop playing black ops.

it will be fast

VALKYRAY said:
say that after the next call of duty comes out and see how soon peole will stop playing black ops.

it will be fast

You speak as if it's unheard of that a game's mass audience moves on to the next game when it comes out. You'd be really surprised how many people that play these games don't know/care that these games aren't developed by the same people every year.

dLMN8R

When you get a contract that's "score x headshots without dying", do those need to be killing-blow headshots? I keep hearing the "pang" of me hitting a guy's helmet with my SMG, but it seems to not count since it wasn't the killing blow and I also didn't get the extra 50xp for getting a headshot.

DRE Fei

I think they just need to remove the rapid fire attachment from the ak74u and it will be fine. Rapid fire + grip on that gun is just too good! Without rapid fire, the gun is balanced. Most of the other smgs IMO aren't that great. The MP5K and the Spectre are ok, but why put myself at a disadvantage when everyone else is using the ak74u and famas? The smg class just doesn't have much to compete with the assault rifles, but I imagine it's a very difficult job balancing this stuff. I have faith that they will keep updating the game though, since they've done a good job talking to the community.

I really think that MW2 on a technical level is superior to this game. It looked better and ran smoother, but had bad design decisions such as OMA, commando and danger close. Black ops has great design decisions, but fundamental things such as the hit detection frustrates me a lot when I play. A 3 bar connection in this game seems so random most of the time. It could be decently playable, or absolute shit and I have no idea why. Even when I'm the host, it still seems laggy sometimes. How the fuck do you get lag when you're the host?

I'm having less fun in black ops right now than I had in the beginning of MW2. I think that will eventually change though, due to the good support the developer is giving the game.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
for fucks sake! Why why whyyyyyyyy does it ALWAYS crash as soon as I choose the "Leave Game" option....

boom black screen and I have to ctrl alt del to the task manager fucking bullshit piece of shit pisses me off soo much, every time every time

edit : make that crashes between games , after games, when I leave games, but never ever during a game.... ffs

Effect said:
Does anyone have any experience at all with the Nintendo DS versions of the Call of Duty games? Especailly Black Ops?

I tried the DS World at War game. It was awful. Haven't tried any since.

EDIT: On the Blops emblem front, yesterday I made what I think is my favorite emblem so far. It's my attempt at recreating the "Toon Price" emblem from MM2:

user_nat said:
I think (and hope) most of the knife lunging is a result of latency. So you might not think that you do it to other people, but from their end you probably are.
Whoa...I was a lunger all along?

That's some twist ending ish.

Was in the lobby last night, decided to put on my headset - I normally have it turned on and muted, sitting on the couch beside me.

Was greeted with the following:

"Awww man, I hate handy"

Back off goes the headset.

tsigo

divisionbyzorro said:
I tried the DS World at War game. It was awful. Haven't tried any since.

EDIT: On the Blops emblem front, yesterday I made what I think is my favorite emblem so far. It's my attempt at recreating the "Toon Price" emblem from MM2:

...I may have to steal that. In MW2 I always ran with the 8-bit Price on a UK background, but that's close enough.

tsigo said:
...I may have to steal that. In MW2 I always ran with the 8-bit Price on a UK background, but that's close enough.

Feel free! I publish those for public consumption. And I've tried building the 8-bit price at least a dozen times, and each time I run out of layers.

I love the emblem editor. I just wish we could save emblems to use later. :/

Wonder if I am gonna get banned.

15 prestige in Combat Training.

Now I am running around Xbox Live with a golden AK-74u merking kids.

:lol

EDIT*** Picture of it.

2010-12-12150240.jpg

divisionbyzorro said:
If you managed to get your combat training record to transfer into regular multiplayer, then yes, you're going to get all your stats reset.

No it's just a glitch where you act like you're buying the Gold Camo in Combat Training and then the host switches it to Player Match and you're able to buy the Gold Camo for your gun of choice in Player Match.

MidnightRider said:
Wonder if I am gonna get banned.

15 prestige in Combat Training.

Now I am running around Xbox Live with a golden AK-74u merking kids.

EDIT*** Picture of it.

2010-12-12150240.jpg

MidnightRider said:
No it's just a glitch where you act like you're buying the Gold Camo in Combat Training and then the host switches it to Player Match and you're able to buy the Gold Camo for your gun of choice in Player Match.

All of your stats are going to be reset to level 1/no prestige.

MidnightRider said:

Ahhh. If they can detect that's all you've done, I'd guess you're probably safe then. But you still might be in trouble.

I guess that how I've seen the 15th prestige background on a 1st prestige player before!

MidnightRider said:

So yeah your going to get your shit reset. If it was like, "I bought the gold camo in CT then when I went over to Matchmaking and it was still there." You might be able to get away with it.

People were getting their stats reset for figuring out how to get the colored clan tags before they were supposed to.

Treyarch is being very vigilant about this. Unlike Infinity Ward, who just let everyone do whatever they wanted.

AnEternalEnigma said:
People were getting their stats reset for figuring out how to get the colored clan tags before they were supposed to.

Treyarch is being very vigilant about this. Unlike Infinity Ward, who just let everyone do whatever they wanted.

I had color clan tags. No stats reset.

***EDIT**** oh well... if they reset i guess i won't be hitting the prestige button again. haha.

I will be able to hit it tonight to go to the 3rd prestige

AnEternalEnigma said:

And I've been reporting people for cheating when I see them with that sort of shit ahead of time. I bet others have been too :lol I guess he really is screwed!

you actually take the time to report people? lame

Guess I'm screwed. Oh well. It's not like I will lose sleep over losing my stats.

Now I guess I just get to have BEAST stats. so all in all I would be happy if my stats reset. Now I know the guns i like and all of the maps so I guess my KDR and win ratio will be amazing.

Maffis

Just got called a cheater from 2 guys (non-prestige) for totally pwning their asses, but one guy on the enemy team said 'maybe he's just good'. Some people you just want to hug.

No, I don't cheat.

tsigo

MidnightRider said:
you actually take the time to report people? lame

Considering it takes all of two seconds, abso-fucking-lutely. If it gets a single moron off of XBL for even 24 hours it's worth it.

DRE Fei said:
I think they just need to remove the rapid fire attachment from the ak74u and it will be fine. Rapid fire + grip on that gun is just too good! Without rapid fire, the gun is balanced.

Or at the very least they could learn from CoD4 and make it so that in exchange for the predictable recoil of the 74u you get assault rifle hipfire accuracy depending on what attachment(s) you use.

ALso they need to fix shotguns in this game. If a gun only has two bullets a worse reload time than most assault rifles, it should at least have the range of the mw2 spas per shell if not a two shell range of akimbo 1887s.

tsigo said:
Considering it takes all of two seconds, abso-fucking-lutely. If it gets a single moron off of XBL for even 24 hours it's worth it.

Good luck with that. 1 down. 12364367243472437171717147535623235625613561 to go.

I would report more people if more games had a built-in reporting system. I definitely report all the offensive emblems I see since it only takes about 3 seconds. Trying to report someone mid-game using the dashboard is a miserable experience.

AnEternalEnigma said:
I would report more people if more games had a built-in reporting system. I definitely report all the offensive emblems I see since it only takes about 3 seconds. Trying to report someone mid-game using the dashboard is a miserable experience.

I never even knew you could report so easily..... :lol

Guess i've got better things to do with my 3 seconds. like reload my Stoner so I can shoot more people.

MidnightRider said:

Guess i've got better things to do with my 3 seconds. like reload my Stoner so I can shoot more people.
I don't get why you act like there's such a huge oppurtunity cost when reporting someone. You're in lobbies with these players for minutes at a time with nothing to do.

MidnightRider said:

Your passive aggresiveness towards people that actually use the report feature (read: people that don't enjoy being around douchebag tools) is pretty transparent.

Oh and by the way, please explain to me how you manage to reload your Stoner during the 65-second post/pre game lobby.

VALKYRAY said:
no, like everyone went back to mw2 soon after blackops release.

You're living in fantasy land if you truly believe that.

BO usually has around 500,000 players online at midnight Australian time. You show me where MW2 matches those numbers, and I'll stop believing you're a bitter little troll.

MW2 was a broken mess.

Even with BO's problems, after only 4 weeks it surpasses MW2 in every way.

AnEternalEnigma said:

I will, however, reporting people using the dashboard if they have a modded gamertag. I kid you not, the other day I played a game who had a gamertag of "FUCK NIGG(A)RS," where the "A" was the 360 A button. You bet I reported his ass for tampering straight away.

rezuth

I gotta say that even though there are some issues with spawn and hitmarks I still enjoy it about a thousand times more than MW2. Not because of the art direction, I think it is subpar MW2 on this point but because of the overall game. I rarely feel cheated when I die, it feels like its more about skill in this game and not about putting as many random killstreaks as possible.

It also helps that the maps are about a thousand times better than anyone in MW2, its a shame when the best maps in MW2 is from MW.

rezuth said:
I gotta say that even though there are some issues with spawn and hitmarks I still enjoy it about a thousand times more than MW2. Not because of the art direction, I think it is subpar MW2 on this point but because of the overall game. I rarely feel cheated when I die, it feels like its more about skill in this game and not about putting as many random killstreaks as possible.

Which is why it's so much more frustrating when the hit detection and lag issues spike. I never much cared about K/D in MW2; to me that game was about screwing around and goofing off with random wacky kits. But I actually really care about it in Black Ops, which I think is why I've been raging so much at those issues lately.

yoopoo

Banned
This game is not better than MW2. For making a multiplayer shooting game, Treyarch got the most important things wrong:

- Hit detection
- Stable framerate (at least on PS3) - Ground War runs at sub 20 fps
- Stable connection - its too laggy. Either you're half a second behind someone or they're half a second behind you. Kill cam shows a completely different story compared to what actually happen.

In MW2 when you shot at someone, and bullets connected...they died.
Game always ran at 60fps
It had no connection issues besides people disconnecting.

tsigo

Seeing a bunch of non-15th prestigers with the 15th background emblem today. Must be some new cheat going around.

Also seeing fucking ridiculous framerate dips, even when I'm not hosting.

Top Bottom