• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

untitledcfst.png

w00tman

5 more fucking games and all of them dropped - I've played 2/15 games I've joined from the start so far in an hour.

EDIT: Well, that's it, I'm out now until it's fixed. 2 more games looked promising but both crashed before the end, the game is now unplayable on PS3. Open NAT type hasn't gone anything for me, that's for sure!

Lince

Banned
they should just roll back to the previous version until they find what's going on, or just try on a different PS3 model since according to Treyarch that could be part of the problem :lol :lol :lol

cuevas said:
They obviously didn't even test the game before release.

of course they tested it, but money talks and they released whatever they had since delays are a big no for the Call of Duty series.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Lince said:
they should just roll back to the previous version until they find what's going on, or just try on a different PS3 model since according to Treyarch that could be part of the problem :lol :lol :lol

dude, they obviously know that's not the problem.

Lince

Banned
RSTEIN said:
dude, they obviously know that's not the problem.

Hi there. Really sorry to hear you're having significantly more issues since the patch. It's frustrating, we know, and we're working hard now to narrow down what's happening for folks. For instance, have you deleted your game data and then reinstalled the patches to ensure there was not corrupted installation of 1.04?

If you're at all willing to give us some information:

What's your ISP? Upload/download speed?

What Playstation 3 do you own? (Classic/Slim, HD size)

In Multiplayer > Options > System Information Option at the bottom of the screen -

What's your NAT type as listed here?
Bandwidth (Kbps)?
Geographical Region?

Again, we truly appreciate anything you're able to give us to collect this data.

:lol

in-fucking-credible.

Lince said:

in-fucking-credible.

divisionbyzorro said:
That is a boilerplate response to a bug report. We do the same thing all the time in business software development; the first thing we need to know is what browser, what computer, what operating system, etc.

Don't read too much into that message from Treyarch.

jkanownik

There have been issues in the past where bugs where only present on certain versions of the consoles. Even though it is a problem caused by Microsoft/Sony the devs are stuck fixing it. I'd be curious to know how in depth Microsoft/Sony recommend games be tested against the different versions.

I know for a fact that Microsoft didn't use to test their peripheral hardware against all the different configurations of their hardware because I ran into all kinds of problems with their stuff on my launch system. I don't know if they've gotten better about this because I sold off my launch system awhile ago.

Gianny

Why can't they be suit? I mean we paid $60 for something that is not playable? MULTIPLAYER is the game, campaign is the freebie.

kuYuri

Played several matches of TDM, Domination, and FFA, didn't encounter any form of disconnects or host migrations. Don't really notice any changes, but I still need to play with a big party to test stability of parties. Only played with a party of 2-4 at most so far.

Xbox 360 version here.

divisionbyzorro said:
Stopping power forces you to neuter yourself to choose a more tactical perk. It's so much better than the other perks in that category it's ridiculous (exploitative kits and certain edge cases notwithstanding).

Stopping Power is just a crutch for terrible players. If you have it on all your classes, I think that says more for you than it does the perk. I wouldn't be surprised it you ran with Bling and Last Stand as well. :lol

With the exception of Danger Close, all tier 2 perks in MW2 are superior to Stopping Power, especially Cold-Blooded. If you just use simple tactics, and you know, common sense, you can out-think your enemies and not worry about getting into face-to-face encounters.

Hell, I run with Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro, and Sitrep Pro for TDM, and I'm always going 30-2 or some shit like that. Never do I feel like I'm at a disadvantage without Stopping Power. It just means I need one extra bullet to kill an enemy. Oh my.

Man, the game is unplayable right now. I've only been able to play all the way through three matches so far, and even then there was some serious lag issues. I love that they gave the PS3 the multiplayer auto load, but I don't know how much I'm going to be using it at this rate.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Jack Scofield said:

Stopping Power is just a crutch for terrible players. If you have it on all your classes, I think that says more for you than it does the perk. I wouldn't be surprised it you ran with Bling and Last Stand as well. :lol

With the exception of Danger Close, all tier 2 perks in MW2 are superior to Stopping Power, especially Cold-Blooded. If you just use simple tactics, and you know, common sense, you can out-think your enemies and not worry about getting into face-to-face encounters.

Hell, I run with Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro, and Sitrep Pro for TDM, and I'm always going 30-2 or some shit like that. Never do I feel like I'm at a disadvantage without Stopping Power. It just means I need one extra bullet to kill an enemy. Oh my.
I take it your K/D is somewhere around ~15 then? That's pretty good.

RSTEIN

Tkawsome said:
Man, the game is unplayable right now. I've only been able to play all the way through three matches so far, and even then there was some serious lag issues. I love that they gave the PS3 the multiplayer auto load, but I don't know how much I'm going to be using it at this rate.

That really sucks. 360 here. Post patch I haven't noticed a big change. If anything, the lag is slightly better... but maybe that's just my wishful thinking.

One interesting thing happened. Full room. Waiting for the countdown. 3... 2... 1... then I get the message "no suitable host found" and the lobby closed. I've never encountered that message before the patch.

kuYuri

This does sound like a PS3 specific thing. Sucks for them, cause so far the patch has been fine to me on 360 and I'm not really seeing complaints other than people whining about Re-rolls on SAM turrets and Sentries being fixed.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
360 side here, matchmaking is still broken.

Twice in a row I searched for a game mode.

Searching...searching...

Places me into a lobby, alone waiting for other players.

Wait 5 minutes. Try again.

Same thing happens.

Finally get into a game, play 2 games.

Get back into the lobby for the 3rd game, 7 people remain.

Lobby NEVER repopulates.

Thanks

RSTEIN said:
That really sucks. 360 here. Post patch I haven't noticed a big change. If anything, the lag is slightly better... but maybe that's just my wishful thinking.

It really does. Problems aside, I enjoy the hell out of this game, but it's not worth getting thrown into ten lobbies that will close for any random reason for the chance of actually starting a match that will end with a connection error. It's frustrating as hell.

RSTEIN

LeMaximilian said:

Searching...searching...

Same thing happens.

Lobby NEVER repopulates.

Thanks

I get a kick out of it.

SEARCHING... FOUND 50 GAMES
oh boy yes!
SEARCHING...
Um, 50 games were already found. You know, just put me into one?
LOBBY FOUND. WAITING FOR PLAYERS TO START MATCH
um, why am I alone in here?

I had a message telling me "Lobby Closed", and a second later it put me in the very match they said was closed. I really feel like there's a bug that's causing these problems to happen randomly. Giving you error messages when there really was no error.

The match still ended with a connection error though, so who knows.

Jack Scofield said:

There is so much fail in this post that it hurts. I can only hope that you're speaking from the perspective of Hardcore, because otherwise you're a complete lunatic. There's a case to be made for Hardline on a 5-7-9/11 setup, and there are certain specific kits which benefit from Lightweight or Cold-Blooded, but Stopping Power is the best red perk for over 90% of viable kits in MW2.

But back to Black Ops (which is indeed topic of this thread): lobby disconnects aside, we are still getting those shitty laggy games as well? In other words - we aren't seeing any improvement to the game? That's seriously disappointing. :/

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Holy shit at this thread from the official forums :lol :lol :lol

I've been on these forums for a little while now and I must say that I'm totally against banning people who mod there game to get and advantage online. We'll what really irritates me is the fact that Treyarch will Ban all those people who do that, then turn around and do it themselves. The people who work for TreyArch are hypocrite's for banning all those people who altered the game, then TreyArch turns around and does it to the whole xbox community.

I'm sorry, but I never paid $60 for the game to be modified, who knows in the end how much further this will go. I've never had a game get modified to this degree, most games only modify the game by adding things like maps or features, They never modified how an item worked. They had no right to modify the game to certain peoples liking. They designed the game, they released the game. They intended for the game to stay that way, then a small amount of people complain and TreyArch then modifies Major parts of the game. When you pay for a game you pay for the game AS-IS there is no changing major aspects of the game afterwords. If you make a mistake, don't make it on the NEXT COD, Do not fix this one! People who paid $60 for it paid for it to be AS-IS.

They Removed the Re-roll On Hardline and increased the Scoping speed of the sniper rifles, as well as put a delay in the aircrafts. These are 3 BIG GAME Changing Changed that affect the Rules and game-play drastically. The game should have been left as-is and never messed with. I don't know the Law, but for some reason I don't see how they have the right to modify the contents of our DISK to suit there needs after selling it to millions of people. They are doing exactly what they don't want people to do and banned a TON of modders and cheaters as well as glitcher's for doing it! I don't see how this can be legal.
I just love the rage over the fix to Hardline Pro. The way it worked before was not intended; it was an oversight, and it's fixed now, so fucking deal with it.

Also, I feel bad for the PS3 users. Treyarch are a bunch of fucking amateurs.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
vatstep said:
Holy shit at this thread from the official forums :lol :lol :lol

I just love the rage over the fix to Hardline Pro. The way it worked before was not intended; it was an oversight, and it's fixed now, so fucking deal with it.

Wow :lol

He must have been pretty angry when they fixed the carepack and javelin glitches in MW2.

vatstep said:

To be honest, I don't think it was that broken. The only one that I thought was a problem was re-rolling SAM turrets. Every other package is harder to get than the Care Package, so 60% of the time you're rolling to get something that's worse! There's a case for the SAM turret since it's one kill sooner than the CP, but the others (Sentry, Valkyrie) were fine in my book.

X26

Banned
in my experience lobby's not repopulating has been a problem even befoee this patch, happens constanly

going to go play some post-patch, see how it goes for me

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
divisionbyzorro said:
To be honest, I don't think it was that broken. The only one that I thought was a problem was re-rolling SAM turrets. Every other package is harder to get than the Care Package, so 60% of the time you're rolling to get something that's worse! There's a case for the SAM turret since it's one kill sooner than the CP, but the others (Sentry, Valkyrie) were fine in my book.
I don't think it was a big deal, either. But I'm not at all surprised they fixed it.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

Just got into my Gunship and guess what? I couldn't control it. I think the patch notes specifically say this was addressed and it's not. OH MY GOD DOES NOBODY TEST ANYTHING?!

Huggers

PS3 Gaf, don't get too excited, but I just played 3, yes 3 full games of domination and it didn't fuck up. Well there was 1 host migration but that aside, it was okay. Must have been a fluke. Also, they seem to have nerfed the under barrel grenade launcher

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Aside from the issues I've already presented, the games do feel better lag wise. No longer is having a 3 bar connection a total disability. From the 15 or so games I just played, I could only account my deaths to me fucking up, instead of the game killing me.

Bravo, that's one fix.

Spawning is still totally fucked tho :lol

tsigo

LeMaximilian said:
Aside from the issues I've already presented, the games do feel better lag wise. No longer is having a 3 bar connection a total disability. From the 15 or so games I just played, I could only account my deaths to me fucking up, instead of the game killing me.

Bravo, that's one fix.

Spawning is still totally fucked tho :lol

I played about 5 games earlier and it did feel better, lag-wise (360). Those were all four-bar games though.

HiResDes

Hey sorry for bumping this thread, but my rap group Bum Life just created this song for C.O.D. that I think myself turned out sicker than any of us had planned. :lol

th3dude

LeMaximilian said:

Searching...searching...

Same thing happens.

Lobby NEVER repopulates.

Thanks
This is pretty much how any BO session goes on my 360. I'm on a 30/30 fios line so that shouldn't be the problem. Also I opened NAT on my router but BO thinks it's still moderate.

So tired of this every time I want to play. Best part of MW2 is that if I wanted to jump in for 20 minutes I could and never eve had an issue. Now it literally takes me 20 minutes to get into a lobby.

LeMaximilian said:

Bravo, that's one fix.

That's my single biggest issue with this game. I'm still gonna keep letting it rest for a bit, but this is somewhat encouraging.

U2NUMB

Oh man my friends and I are really having a hard time with the adjustments they made. We used to have fun in this game but so far tonight it is just frustration all over the place.

tsigo

U2NUMB said:
Oh man my friends and I are really having a hard time with the adjustments they made. We used to have fun in this game but so far tonight it is just frustration all over the place.

Why, specifically? The actual gameplay tweaks seemed pretty minor unless you were exploiting the hell out of Hardline Pro or got a lot of Chopper Gunners.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
tsigo said:
Why, specifically? The actual gameplay tweaks seemed pretty minor unless you were exploiting the hell out of Hardline Pro or got a lot of Chopper Gunners.

I don't think they changed Gunner at all. Got a few of them earlier and saw no change. Maybe it's really minor, like 2 seconds until the red target shows.

U2NUMB

tsigo said:

We are trying to put our fingers on it but there are 5 of us.. all normally over 1.5 k/d and we normally do very well together and we are all just .. not having fun.. Some lag is in the way but something about hit detection is throwing us all off. We really loved Black Ops before today.. right now we just hope things get better.

I've had an incredibly unlucky day as far as care packages go. I've maybe gotten 30 of them. I'd estimate that 20 of those were ammo, 5 were counter spy planes, 3 were spy planes, 1 valkryie rocket, and 1 mortar strike.

Meanwhile, teammates only grabbed 5 of those. This is still such a culture shock to me, in MW2 people would be chomping at the bits to steal whatever you had. This is ridiculous.

RSTEIN

LeMaximilian said:
I don't think they changed Gunner at all. Got a few of them earlier and saw no change. Maybe it's really minor, like 2 seconds until the red target shows.

I've gotten approx 3 chopper gunners since the patch this morning and I haven't noticed anything different, either.

dope4goldrope said:
I've had an incredibly unlucky day as far as care packages go. I've maybe gotten 30 of them. I'd estimate that 20 of those were ammo, 5 were counter spy planes, 3 were spy planes, 1 valkryie rocket, and 1 mortar strike.

Do you have hardline pro? It's a must. I can't tell you how many ammo crates I've turned into attack helicopters, chopper gunners, gunships and dogs.

I don't think I'd roll with the care package if I didn't have hardline pro.

VALKYRAY

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:

• Stopping power forces you to neuter yourself to choose a more tactical perk. It's so much better than the other perks in that category it's ridiculous (exploitative kits and certain edge cases notwithstanding).
  • Danger Close increases the kill radius of all explosives. It removes the need to even pretend to have accuracy with the GL.
  • The ability to drop an infinite number of claymores, even if you can only have two at a time, is insane. It let's me constantly have a buddy watching my back; even if you take it out, I still get notification that you're there. Black Ops gets this right. The claymore watches my back and can get me one free kill. The motion sensor watches my back, but won't kill anything and has a perk to counter it. The Camera watches my back, but takes away my mini-map. Perfect balance.
  • I got 10 nukes legitimately for my emblem and then never equipped it again because it's fucking stupid. If you got a 25-streak in Blops, that's impressive. If you got a 25-streak in MW2, it's not; it just means that you got a 7-streak and your opponents are morons. Unless you're pulling off a killstreakless nuke, you're kidding yourself if you think it means you have skill.
  • OMA is hardly the only problem with that game. I didn't even touch on Commando, the UMP, the ACR, Akimbo G18s, spawn-tubing, the Intervention's wacky hit detection, etc. These are design decision baked into the core of the game specifically to make it a more casual "anyone can get some kills" experience.
you are full of shit dude.

- stopping power is good but it doesn't mean you can't use other tier 2 perks, you can find tons of cold blood snipers, danger close noobtubers, lightweight/hardline ump rushers. your point?
- there are so many ways to counter danger close noobtube, you can even use that kit yourself. learn your game, learn your maps.
- you can stun claymores just incase you didn't know
- if you think nuke is so easy to get, then why are you bitching about it? sandy ravage never bitch about the nuke
- commando increase knife range, but everybody is using it. the only ones who don't use it and complain about knife being overpowered are the dropshoters, sound whores, heartbeat sensor whores or it's simply because their reaction time is slow as shit. perhaps you are one of them.
- each weapon is unique in mw2, if you get bored with one, you can swith to another one and change your play style a bit. that's what make it fun. in black ops most assault riffles feels the same. the the AK74 is the only usable smgs, the rest are plain terrible. the shotguns and snipers are useless. and you are telling me black ops is more fun over modern warfare 2. you need to get you brain checked out son.

as I went on black ops after the patch. the game is totally unplayable now. it's extremely hard to find a match. and even if you do find one, the match will most likly to end in the middle. in my life, i have never ever played a multiplayer game this bad. black ops is complete garbage now

What pisses me off about their forum overload and complaints is that most of these people are throwing Youtube comment-quality complaints at them. "CHANGING MY DISC IS AGAINST THE LAW!" Wtf?

Treyarch needs to fix some stuff. There are valid complaints such as the lunge and everything about how the PS3 version performs. With all the "ahhhh I want to reroll MOAR not LESS1!!!1" it just distracts the real issues at hand and makes the community seem like a joke.

Top Bottom