• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere but patch 1.04 added the "Load Multiplayer By Default" option that was previously missing on PS3.

Nizz

wonderdung said:
I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere but patch 1.04 added the "Load Multiplayer By Default" option that was previously missing on PS3.
Yeah, they added that but in return they made everything else worse. :(

purple cobra said:
Yeah, they added that but in return they made everything else worse. :(
It was one of the stipulations from Microsoft. "Ok you can give them the default loading, buuuuutttt, you have to make at least 50% of their games drop or have issues."

Nabs

The PC patch has been pretty good so far.

kamspy said:
Hey PC owners, delete your MP config file and let the game build a new one from scratch post patch. It worked for me.

I gained about 10fps after doing this. Do this if you're having issues. It will reset your gfx and button settings. It'll also rename your custom classes, but your loadout will still be the same.

AcciDante

wonderdung said:

Whaaaaaaat, is this an option on 360? This is the first I've heard of it...

LordAlu

AcciDante said:
Whaaaaaaat, is this an option on 360? This is the first I've heard of it...
Yup, go to the options menu and it's the one at the bottom. It should really tell you about it when you complete Single Player or something :p

kuYuri

So I've been playing the campaign again, but on Veteran. It's definitely a huge improvement over WaW's Veteran. No more grenade spam and less occasions of infinite respawning enemies.

So I'm looking up story details and there's a ton of story not covered in the game. Alot of it comes through if you read up the computer terminal in the back of the interrogation room. Using the computer for example, you can access the CIA's database and then gain access to different characters emails, such as Mason by default and even Hudson.

Actually for the 360 version of Black Ops, if you access Hudson's account, you unlock a gamer picture of Hudson.

I highly recommend checking it out and even reading up on it online. There's alot of material here for a sequel to the story.

LeMaximilian said:
tumblr_kyvqslUyhl1qzv7h6o1_500.gif

So tiresome. :lol

I'm sure you're a good player, but your attitude is irritating to say the least.

3ur4zn said:

I'm sure you're a good player, but your attitude is irritating to say the least.

:lol You're taking him way too seriously.

EDIT: When are we finally going to get to 20k posts? I can't wait to make "CoD Black Ops |OT2| Once You Go Black..."

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Nabs said:
I gained about 10fps after doing this. Do this if you're having issues. It will reset your gfx and button settings. It'll also rename your custom classes, but your loadout will still be the same.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

From 85 fps average to the 91 fps lock. Feels damn good.

LordAlu

3ur4zn said:

I look forward to seeing new videos myself, as it is helping my own game. My overall K/D for example has now reached 1.1 when it's almost always been nearer 0.7, and i'm starting to get used to hanging back a bit, checking corners, not rushing into areas, and all of this comes from watching Max's videos.

Besides, if he's that good (which he clearly is), he's allowed to boast a bit :D

NYR

Patch is working a bit better for me, but it's too spotty for me to invest any more time into the game.

This weekend will be my last with this game for some time. Had a lot of fun with it, though.

Effect

I've been curious about something. What happens to your K/D rating if you have a low number of kills or none at all, some deaths, but a high number of assist? Do the assist just not matter?

Effect said:
I've been curious about something. What happens to your K/D rating if you have a low number of kills or none at all, some deaths, but a high number of assist? Do the assist just not matter?

Assists don't matter.
Fuck second chance users.

I only sniped with a pistol combo all evening in TDM. Definitely more usable. I was top on my team sometimes and generally went positive with only a few real stinkers thrown in there.

I did this same thing a few weeks ago and it was absolutely brutal.

I seem to do better with the PSG1 and the WA2000 because of the lower recoil. I stink with the L96A1 because of the high kick. Didn't try the Dragunov that much. Still a little bit of inconsistency sometimes where it feels like a chest shot in some situations is a one shot kill and some other times it isn't but that's just me saying that in the heat of the moment. I didn't go into the theater and really check out any of the games to check out the impact.

I'm still play better with other guns like the Famas, G11, Galil, etc but I can at least mix in the sniping now if I want to which I couldn't do before.

Also this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItBHRhKOwSA

tsigo

divisionbyzorro said:
Assists don't matter.
Fuck second chance users.

I revive people on my team. Sometimes I go out of my way to do it. I'm kind of feeling like I should start ignoring them, though, because fuck Second Chance. They probably only survived because they were invincible for a second, anyway.

luoapp

tsigo said:
I revive people on my team. Sometimes I go out of my way to do it. I'm kind of feeling like I should start ignoring them, though, because fuck Second Chance. They probably only survived because they were invincible for a second, anyway.

There was one time I put one down into Second Chance, and I camped there shooting his teammates trying to revive him.

Not sure how I feel about it, now I think about it. :S

tsigo said:

You don't get enough experience to make it worthwhile. However, I will do it if we're playing TDM and it's not too far out of my way. No reason not to keep a point off the board for the other team.

Just once though, I would love to get a full party together, all running Second Chance Pro, just to completely piss off the competition. Just once.

Nabs

tsigo said:

I love playing with Stallion because he will team kill you if he finds you on the ground.

luoapp said:
There was one time I put one down into Second Chance, and I camped there shooting his teammates trying to revive him.

Not sure how I feel about it, now I think about it. :S

That's a lot of times why I don't revive. People can charge out of nowhere really quickly and kill you while you are trying to do it. Especially the guy who originally put someone into second chance. So unless the person was shot around me and I know the situation, I tend to not revive people for that reason.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Nabs said:
I love playing with Stallion because he will team kill you if he finds you on the ground.
As do Midnight and Panda :lol

I love in hardcore when you accidentally shoot a friendly and it turns out they had second chance. Then I just leave the bitch there for the enemy.

tsigo

Lead designer response to reload cancel removal (emphasis mine):
Modded controllers exploit it to cancel animations. Will evaluate, but no short term changes plannned so get used to it.

That's some bullshit.

What percentage of the playerbase even uses a modded controller? 1%? 5%, max? I'd rather deal with that than have them remove a legitimate gameplay mechanic.

tsigo said:
Lead designer response to reload cancel removal (emphasis mine):

That's some bullshit.

What percentage of the playerbase even uses a modded controller? 1%? 5%, max? I'd rather deal with that than have them remove a legitimate gameplay mechanic.

Way less than that. I'm fine with their fixes for cheating on semi-auto guns, but this is just dumb. And it's not gamebreaking even if it is on a modded controller, although I doubt it was ever an intentional mechanic.

Just got to 3rd prestige. I feel like if I don't run around with either a G11, a Galil or an AK74U in a non-hardcore mode I will die.. :lol

Is a nerf worth asking for or what?

MarshMellow96 said:
Just got to 3rd prestige. I feel like if I don't run around with either a G11, a Galil or an AK74U in a non-hardcore mode I will die.. :lol

Is a nerf worth asking for or what?

They are looking into the overpowered versus over used issue on some weapons. I don't personally feel that way like in your post. There are definitely an assortment of weapons that I feel like I can use that are pretty good but certainly there is a god tier of weapons like in any game that are better than other weapons that people will gravitate towards

Personally I'm very happy with the way Treyarch is responding to a lot of the balance stuff. They've already done more than was ever done for MW 2 on that front (maybe IW would have done more if they hadn't imploded but still it was frustrating that some really simple balance changes were never done for that title). Vondehaar might sometimes come off like an ass but actually if you read his tweets and his responses on the forum overall he is pretty damn open and reasonable when it comes to feedback. I actually really appreciate that. Treyarch in general has really impressed me in that regard.

Stoney Mason said:
They are looking into the overpowered versus over used issue on some weapons. I don't personally feel that way like in your post. There are definitely an assortment of weapons that I feel like I can use that are pretty good but certainly there is a god tier of weapons like in any game that are better than other weapons that people will gravitate towards

Personally I'm very happy with the way Treyarch is responding to a lot of the balance stuff. They've already done more than was ever done for MW 2 on that front (maybe IW would have done more if they hadn't imploded but still it was frustrating that some really simple balance changes were never done for that title). Vondehaar might sometimes come of like an ass but actually if you read his tweets and his responses on the forum overall he is pretty damn open when it comes to feedback. I actually really appreciate that. Treyarch in general has really impressed me in that regard.

I definitely agree with you there. They've made a much more balanced game than MW2 ever was in my opinion. In spite of that I still have a few issues with those weapons. The Galil isn't that annoying, but the G11 is a laser gun. You don't need a sight for it and (looking at a lot of killcams) you don't need to aim either. AK74U might be a little better if putting RF on knocked the accuracy. I feel like I get out-ARed by the 74 an awful lot more than I should.

It's a really nice game with a few issues that sour the milk every so often.

MarshMellow96 said:
I definitely agree with you there. They've made a much more balanced game than MW2 ever was in my opinion. In spite of that I still have a few issues with those weapons. The Galil isn't that annoying, but the G11 is a laser gun. You don't need a sight for it and (looking at a lot of killcams) you don't need to aim either. AK74U might be a little better if putting RF on knocked the accuracy. I feel like I get out-ARed by the 74 an awful lot more than I should.

It's a really nice game with a few issues that sour the milk every so often.

I definitely think the AK74U is over powered. Especially up close and extending out to mid range it just rapes. Plus with warlord and extended mags and the grip its just beastly. Overall I think that gun needs some more recoil and bounce.

The Galil is interesting. It's very good and it has some decent recoil already but its still accurate enough and has such a high rate of fire that its still beastly.

The G11 is a really really interesting gun. It's sort of replaced the M16 as the burst fire gun of choice and unlike the M16 its actually pretty useful up close. I like the idea of it. An assualt rifle that is almost a counter sniper rifle with really long range. So maybe slightly less damage and reduce its effectiveness a little upclose.

First I played a FFA match where everyone but me and one other guy lagged out. What makes it even stranger is the game refused to every let anyone else join, it was me and him the entire match until about a minute before time was going to end, and he lagged out.

Then I jumped into a Hardcore TDM and it assigns me as a spectator. It wouldn't let me spawn, so I'm just sitting there watching these people play. I have the worst luck with this game.

tsigo

Tkawsome said:
First I played a FFA match where everyone but me and one other guy lagged out. What makes it even stranger is the game refused to every let anyone else join, it was me and him the entire match until about a minute before time was going to end, and he lagged out.

Then I jumped into a Hardcore TDM and it assigns me as a spectator. It wouldn't let me spawn, so I'm just sitting there watching these people play. I have the worst luck with this game.

Not refilling empty slots has existed since day one, and I still have yet to see them say anything, not even "yep, we know". It's a problem.

I've seen the spectating bug one time. I had to keep switching classes until it finally put me in. Not sure what's up with that.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Clip I edited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYsMUg5TDWs

But man the quality turns to shit when you render through the PS3. Not to mention limited and clunky controls/options and you're only able to upload 30 seconds or less. Video editing is a great idea but their implementation sucks, and I have a feeling they're not going to change any of it.

Stoney Mason said:
I definitely think the AK74U is over powered. Especially up close and extending out to mid range it just rapes. Plus with warlord and extended mags and the grip its just beastly. Overall I think that gun needs some more recoil and bounce.

The Galil is interesting. It's very good and it has some decent recoil already but its still accurate enough and has such a high rate of fire that its still beastly.

The G11 is a really really interesting gun. It's sort of replaced the M16 as the burst fire gun of choice and unlike the M16 its actually pretty useful up close. I like the idea of it. An assualt rifle that is almost a counter sniper rifle with really long range. So maybe slightly less damage and reduce its effectiveness a little upclose.

Agreed. Rapid fire/grip is what I find fucks me over most of the time. IIRC, there's no downside to having it either (loss of range, accuracy etc). If you put RF on the 74U, then the grip should be a way of retaining accuracy, not a way to increase it and at the same time increase your rate of fire.

Galil is probably the best non-overpowered gun (if that makes any sense).

Also agreed. I definitely see more people running around with the G11 instead of the M16. It definitely needs to be knocked down a bit at close range. It's like a FAL that is good at CQC..

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
LordAlu said:
I look forward to seeing new videos myself, as it is helping my own game. My overall K/D for example has now reached 1.1 when it's almost always been nearer 0.7, and i'm starting to get used to hanging back a bit, checking corners, not rushing into areas, and all of this comes from watching Max's videos.

This and this. I'm not here to judge anyone else by their skill whatsoever. In fact, I get the most annoyed when people directly complain about specific other playstyles and they don't do something about it. Honestly, deal with it.

I'm extremely glad to hear my play has had an influence on some players, like you Lord. Because if I add commentary to my videos, it's not all "Oh dawg I'm straight BEASTIN DES FOOLS", I'd actually prefer to add a little bit of education to the overall process.

But to be honest...in the end it's a COD game. So, lol.

Oh who am I kidding. I'm really trying to become the new El Pressador.

Top Bottom