• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

MarshMellow96 said:
Also agreed. I definitely see more people running around with the G11 instead of the M16. It definitely needs to be knocked down a bit at close range. It's like a FAL that is good at CQC..

Pretty much.

When people get on top of me and up close when I have an M16 I feel slightly uncomfortable. With the G11 I feel like I still have a very good chance in the fight. Which is unusual for a long range weapon.

luoapp

divisionbyzorro said:

Not too much strategy, the other team is kinda pushed-over. I'd rather watch Max's 67-0 video:lol

Stoney Mason said:
Pretty much.

When people get on top of me and up close when I have an M16 I feel slightly uncomfortable. With the G11 I feel like I still have a very good chance in the fight. Which is unusual for a long range weapon.

That's why you should always look for a secondary, esp. when you're holding an M16. Speaking of which, I am having difficulty picking up a gun in BO. The problem is the gun isn't always on the body or nearby. Sometimes, can be a good 10 feet away.

luoapp said:
Not too much strategy, the other team is kinda pushed-over. I'd rather watch Max's 67-0 video:lol

That's why you should always look for a secondary, esp. when you're holding an M16. Speaking of which, I am having difficulty picking up a gun in BO. The problem is the gun isn't always on the body or nearby. Sometimes, can be a good 10 feet away.
Also, in Mw2 if you were walking around holding X [360], you would pick up any weapon you came across... In Blops, you have to pause on the weapon and actively press & hold X, which ruins my flow a lot of the time. :/

EDIT: What's everyone using as their equipment? I can't get away from the motion sensor in reg. It's sooooo good when you don't have to be watching your back 24/7.

luoapp

RJNavarrete said:
EDIT: What's everyone using as their equipment? I can't get away from the motion sensor in reg. It's sooooo good when you don't have to be watching your back 24/7.

Stationary -- motion sensor
Run and gun -- claymore

luoapp said:
That's why you should always look for a secondary, esp. when you're holding an M16.

While that's true that my point. That I don't need to use my secondary with a G11. It's really good at distance and its at least decent up close. Most guns aren't as balanced in either situation. I'm not knocking the M16. I'm more saying the G11 is better equiped for all around use.

luoapp said:
Camping noob -- motion sensor
Playing the game right and being a beast -- claymore
Pretty much

Stoney Mason said:
While that's true that my point. That I don't need to use my secondary with a G11. It's really good at distance and its at least decent up close. Most guns aren't as balanced in either situation. I'm not knocking the M16. I'm more saying the G11 is better equiped for all around use.
It is the new M16 since the m16 used to be good in all situations.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Stoney Mason said:

I'd still argue it's the best weapon in the game, and probably the most accurate AR next to the FAL. The only thing that doesn't make it overpowered is the lack of attachments.

Stoney Mason said:
I definitely think the AK74U is over powered. Especially up close and extending out to mid range it just rapes. Plus with warlord and extended mags and the grip its just beastly. Overall I think that gun needs some more recoil and bounce.
- Idle Sway
- AR hipfire accuracy when used with any other attachment besides ACOG or GL

Thats all that needs to be done to the AK74u to make it fair. Worked for MW2

The Galil is interesting. It's very good and it has some decent recoil already but its still accurate enough and has such a high rate of fire that its still beastly.
They need to do the following with the Galil:
- Add idle sway
OR
- Make the damage drop-off 40-20 instead of 40-30 when using a silencer.

The G11 is a really really interesting gun. It's sort of replaced the M16 as the burst fire gun of choice and unlike the M16 its actually pretty useful up close. I like the idea of it. An assualt rifle that is almost a counter sniper rifle with really long range. So maybe slightly less damage and reduce its effectiveness a little upclose.
They just need to increase the reload time to something like 4.5 seconds (as a way of balancing out the 48 round magazine) and increase the time in between bursts.

EDIT: Also maybe some idle sway...

TestOfTide said:
They just need to increase the reload time to something like 4.5 seconds (as a way of balancing out the 48 round magazine) and increase the time in between bursts.

Yeah you can definitely get off the bursts really fast which is part of what makes the gun so effective. Even If miss on the first salvo I'm already bursting into the next one. I get a decent number of headshots with that gun simply because I keep on bursting until I can place it on the head.

Scarecrow

I love being the instrumental tool for victory in a match. In my recent Ground war domination, I was able to grab the enemy's only control point when they were 2 points from winning. 30 seconds later, our team came back to win. Felt great being useful!

jedimike

The G11 is perfectly fine. After all, you should be getting better weapons as you level up. None of the weapons are game breaking. When I look at my stats, I get killed by the Famas far more often than any other weapon.

I had a cool game last night on Havana. I'm running Ghost Pro and I used up all my ammo in the Commando so I pick up the first gun I see and it is an Olympia. I never use shotties but I need a gun so I run with it. I got in behind the enemy spawn and cleaned house and they just kept spawning but they didn't recognize me as an enemy because my name is not red. After 18 kills I ran out of ammo again and died.

Heard about the hotfix and tried it out, PS3 COD runs a lot better now. No longer repulsed to the point of ignoring the game.

I prestiged again, 3rd time. It's only painful until I get my 74u back at level 17. Having the hardest time getting Hacker Pro back (fucking claymore kills). I've figured out how to get my Pros fast, what temporary guns to use (Mac11) and how to manage my funds better. My KD only went down .02 this time! :D Therefore I no longer hate/fear prestiging.

I want colored clan tags and a gold gun, damn it.

jedimike said:
The G11 is perfectly fine. After all, you should be getting better weapons as you level up. None of the weapons are game breaking. When I look at my stats, I get killed by the Famas far more often than any other weapon.

I think you balance based on all the weapons in the tool kit. Not on a progression system.

That being said, I will agree that the G11 while I think it is a bit overpowered isn't really used as much as people think it is. (Although that stuff changes over the life of a game as people gravitate to the best gun)

Here are my killed by top ten stats with something like 75 hours put in

Famas:692
Ak74u:658
Galil:527
M16: 462
Enfield:350
Commando:323
Aug:307
MP5K:288
Ak47:275
Stoner63:125

The G11 actually falls at #14 for me at 63.

Do people who just go around no scoping really enjoy it? These guys went like 5-20 and all they did was noscope...

Also ran into my first booster in the game..he just put a Guy with tactical insertion and got chopper gunner and Gunship..he got reported though.

Stk deathwish was his gamertag. Trojan man was the Guy getting killed.

eek5

Stoney Mason said:
I think you balance based on all the weapons in the tool kit. Not on a progression system.

That being said, I will agree that the G11 while I think it is a bit overpowered isn't really used as much as people think it is. (Although that stuff changes over the life of a game as people gravitate to the best gun)

Here are my killed by top ten stats with something like 75 hours put in

Famas:692
Ak74u:658
Galil:527
M16: 462
Enfield:350
Commando:323
Aug:307
MP5K:288
Ak47:275
Stoner63:125

here are mine: I have something like 11k deaths
killedby.png

kills.png

jedimike

Stoney Mason said:

You're right... things do change in the game over time. But there has to be some level of reward for progressing through the ranks. Otherwise you'd just open up everything at the start and call it good.

As long as the weapons don't break the game, I'm all for giving a little reward to those that get to level 44 and then have to purchase all AR's. And let's be honest... most people hate semi-auto AR's and wouldn't choose the G11 no matter how much better it was.

But the stats are great. A broken weapon should rise to the top as more and more people exploit it.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Has anyone else found other secondarys to be as useful as RPGs? I seriously am having a hard time removing them on any of my regular classes, besides Ghost pro/anti air.

LeMaximilian said:
Has anyone else found other secondarys to be as useful as RPGs? I seriously am having a hard time removing them on any of my regular classes, besides Ghost pro/anti air.
I pretty much just roll with a Strela-3 on all my classes. Having to change class just to take down something is kind of inconvenient.

LeMaximilian said:

I'll put a pistol on my Lightweight/SMG class, just in case I run out of ammo, but I also only use the RPG. The pistol secondary is good for the initial rush, but that's about it.

Oh, by the way: I finally reached my goal of a 2.0 K/D ratio. Nothing overly spectacular, I know, but it's quite the milestone for the guy who was struggling to go even in W@W a couple of years ago. :lol

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
divisionbyzorro said:
Oh, by the way: I finally reached my goal of a 2.0 K/D ratio. Nothing overly spectacular, I know, but it's quite the milestone for the guy who was struggling to go even in W@W a couple of years ago. :lol

Damn nice. The overall average of players seems to be around 1.3-1.4. Definitely getting up there. Now it's all about trying to maintain a steady increase in K/D and W/R every prestige. Shit's hard lol

LeMaximilian said:
Damn nice. The overall average of players seems to be around 1.3-1.4. Definitely getting up there. Now it's all about trying to maintain a steady increase in K/D and W/R every prestige. Shit's hard lol

My W/R is still trash; somewhere around 0.76 :/ I rarely play with friends though, which is my excuse. So my next milestone is to maintain a 2.0 K/D and bring my W/L up to 1.

I'm at the tipping point with prestiging. I just hit level 50 on my first prestige, and I've been telling myself all the way that I'm not going to do it again because it was so painful the first time. But I am just starting two weeks of Christmas vacation, and I should have plenty of time to rank back up to 50 before going back to work in January...and I hate seeing all that experience go to waste...:lol

divisionbyzorro said:
I hate seeing all that experience go to waste...:lol

Ever since COD4, this line of thought never made sense to me. "If I prestige, I could be using all this XP to buy weapons I already own!" When you prestige, all you're doing is re-earning weapons and perks. If there are no more weapons or perks to earn at level 50, your XP isn't going to waste. Why throw away everything just to earn it again? For some shitty emblem next to your rank?

I'd love to get the extra custom slots to play around with, but I'm sure not prestiging and giving up all the pro perks to do it. If it was up to me, everything gameplay-related would be unlocked when you purchase the game, and everything aesthetic and superfluous could be unlockable.

LeMaximilian said:
Where are you getting those numbers? Don't the rules of statistics necessitate lower KDR players to balance out the higher ones? Unless everybody is on a clear ramp upward...I may be wrong though.

I started paying attention to my KDR after 24 hours of play and I was around a .4. As I mentioned earlier I am just about to get to 1.1:1. It is steadily going up as I now regularly pull two to four times as many kills as deaths.

Also-ignore the haters. My skills have drastically improved by watching your (and others) vids.

Jack Scofield said:
Ever since COD4, this line of thought never made sense to me. "If I prestige, I could be using all this XP to buy weapons I already own!" When you prestige, all you're doing is re-earning weapons and perks. If there are no more weapons or perks to earn at level 50, your XP isn't going to waste. Why throw away everything just to earn it again? For some shitty emblem next to your rank?

Oh for sure. It's all in my head and ultimately means absolutely nothing. But I keep thinking "if I had prestiged, I'd almost be back to 50 by now!" :lol

I do like having the extra class slot though.

jedimike

TestOfTide said:
akimbo 1887.

Are you trying to imply the G11 is as broken as the 1887's? :lol

Prior to IW nerfing the 1887's, it was probably the most used weapon because people knew it was broken. I rarely see anyone using the G11... pull up your stats and see. It's just not an issue.

jedimike

divisionbyzorro said:
Oh for sure. It's all in my head and ultimately means absolutely nothing. But I keep thinking "if I had prestiged, I'd almost be back to 50 by now!" :lol

I do like having the extra class slot though.

I did it once and I'm currently sitting at Lv 50 1st Prestige. I'm not even tempted to do it again. I have one extra slot which is plenty and can participate in the Prestige boards if I really wanted. My K/D is climbing and it's funner for me to improve that than it is to go through the grind.

Emblems mean nothing to me because I'll never play the game enough to earn the higher prestiges anyway.

My quest for an even W/L got off to a rocky start. Won the first two matches, then had a close loss, then got thrown into a blowout (only team member with a positive K/D), then two disconnects in a row, and finally finished it off with a tough-fought win. Still, -1 on the session :(

My spread is currently -52. That's gonna take a while to erase. :/

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Its weird. When playing MW2 I'd get good connections when playing by myself and shitty ones when playing with friends. In Black Ops lately I've been getting my best connections when in a friends party and shitty ones when I'm by myself.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Saw a guy with a 5.1 win ratio earlier tonight, with about 500 games played. Thought that was pretty impressive. His KD was only 1.7ish though.

I feel like i win far more than i lose and only have a 2.7 win ratio.

snap0212

user_nat said:
Saw a guy with a 5.1 win ratio earlier tonight, with about 500 games played. Thought that was pretty impressive. His KD was only 1.7ish though.

I feel like i win far more than i lose and only have a 2.7 win ratio.
I have a negative ratio, because almost every game I play has some kind of connection error so I just quit. Counts as a lost game. I can only finish about 1/5 of the games I play. :/

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
LeMaximilian said:

I think it's much lower than that. In a 12 game room I'd say max 3 players have a k/d > 1.3. The rest are all around 1 or below.

snap0212 said:
I have a negative ratio, because almost every game I play has some kind of connection error so I just quit. Counts as a lost game. I can only finish about 1/5 of the games I play. :/

I have a negative win ratio because I pretty much always play Ground War or Domination, and pretty much always play alone. And I'm pretty selfish; if the team isn't playing smart, I'm not going to sacrifice myself to grab objectives.

I've started playing Merc TDM to try to bring up my win ratio. I don't know if that's really the best place for a lone wolf to get wins, but I couldn't think of anything better since FFA still requires a #1 finish to count as a win.

Maffis

I have a 2.01 win ratio, but I mostly only play TDM. I just can't be arsed to play objective based games and get spammed by explosives and being the only one in the team trying to capture/plant. I have played maybe a hundred objective based matches and it pretty much happened everytime.

RE: the average kd debate. I'd place the average at either 1 or just below. Most of the people I see have a .8 or so, and that's not even including the tag-along (1) players.

Got my weekly kd up to 3.1, which I think is a true indication of my COD skills. Overall kd is 1.8, but not for much longer, I hope. :lol Everything's clicking now. I've been wreaking havoc all night, and have had about 3 or 4 verbal arguments with bitter opponents (and even teammates :lol) following a few routs where my kd was 30.

I must say, this is the most balanced, strongly built COD since WaW. I'd still give the chocolates to WaW though for the unbeatable maps.

Nice job Treyarch.

RSTEIN said:
I think it's much lower than that. In a 12 game room I'd say max 3 players have a k/d > 1.3. The rest are all around 1 or below.
I'm no rocket surgeon but if I had to guess the average kd I would have to go with .96 because for every kill there's a death so that puts it at 1 but there's suicides so it would lower it to around that.

Has anyone been killed by their teammates via explosive barrel? Someone called mortars in and exploded a barrel that killed me and it counted as suicide.
RE: the average kd debate. I'd place the average at either 1 or just below. Most of the people I see have a .8 or so, and that's not even including the tag-along (1) players.

Got my weekly kd up to 3.1, which I think is a true indication of my COD skills. Overall kd is 1.8, but not for much longer, I hope. :lol Everything's clicking now. I've been wreaking havoc all night, and have had about 3 or 4 verbal arguments with bitter opponents (and even teammates :lol) following a few routs where my kd was 30.

I must say, this is the most balanced, strongly built COD since WaW. I'd still give the chocolates to WaW though for the unbeatable maps.

Nice job Treyarch.

It must be nice to only have played WaW and blops.

iam220

Oh man time to get back into this game, the PC patch gave me a steady 60 fps on my aging dual core. This is the way the game should have been released in the first place.

cuevas said:
It must be nice to only have played WaW and blops.

3/10. You gained 3 points for bothering to read it, but lost 7 for spouting a tiresome forum 101 response.

I've played a fair amount of COD2, a fuckload of COD4, a ridiculous amounts of WaW, about 3 days of MW2 (accumulative, before I cracked the shits and never played it again) and around 3 days of BO.

In my opinion, WaW had the best maps in the series. For me, that's all that matters.

Top Bottom