• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mr Sandman said:
Nice. I assume the days of free map packs on the PC CoDs are over, so I'm prepared to take it in the ass. Shame there's no WaW remakes (would have loved that), but 4 original maps sounds even better. Stadium already sounds big; hope it's the biggest BO map yet.

PC/PS3/Wii: 2 weeks after Xbox?
Yes, they are without a doubt over. I'm sure they ended the second Activision saw them top the Steam top sellers.

And I think the map packs drop a month later.

The M.O.B

And once again I am done with this game until another patch. Game still freezes up on me randomly. Nothing pisses me off more when its freezes while i'm in a very close competitive match. No way i'm buying a mappack until they fix the original BS in this game. These punks shouldn't even be thinking about raping us for more money until they fix this crap.

PC version btw.

Worse Developer of the Year: Treyarch.

EDIT: Activison is the main problem, but Treyarch isn't doing anything good either.

The M.O.B said:
And once again I am done with this game until another patch. Game still freezes up on me randomly. Nothing pisses me off more when its freezes while i'm in a very close competitive match. No way i'm buying a mappack until they fix the original BS in this game. These punks shouldn't even be thinking about raping us for more money until they fix this crap.

PC version btw.

Worse Developer of the Year: Treyarch.

EDIT: Activison is the main problem, but Treyarch isn't doing anything good either.
It freezes on me after 3-6 games of Search. It never froze on my 9800GT--in fact it ran perfect on that (fixed my 460).

Seriously, what gives.

Erasus

I still get random fps drops, even after the patch. Can be at 50fps and then BAM goes to 9fps and then back up. Also stutters everytime I turn around, shader warming is on.

Its the same engine as WaW, how did they mess up PC performance this bad??

X26 said:
Firing range is the best map

...that's pretty much all I have to add
:lol That's all there is. I said it when I got the game and it hasn't changed - I dislike most of the maps in this game, but Grid and Firing Range are great. They're all too open, they're all too big, too many rooms and windows to camp from and too many hills and objects breaking up good flow of traffic. It's messy and with little reason. "Let's just put a camp back here, stairs over here, a house here and a big hill up here! And to get to any of these safe places you have to cross the middle pit where anyone in this camping spots will kill you every time!"

divisionbyzorro said:
And I got my first booby-trapped care package kill tonight! :lol I didn't realize that the booby trap lasts even after you die. Does anyone know what the max lifetime of a booby-trapped care package is?
I'm actually pretty sure it's until it's grabbed. Same reason if you see a teammate's care package sitting for a good amount of time, it's safe to assume it's been booby trapped.

I was playing on Jungle yesterday and killed a guy waiting for his care package. Got in and stole a blackbird just as he was coming back and tried to shoot me. I finished capturing just as he killed me, but I got the last laugh as I saw the satisfying 50 points come up on my screen and then proceed to call in his blackbird. :D

bolbronx

So i'm trying to get something straight here.

I risk being called a n00b if i do any of the following things:

- Use Second Chance (Pro or non-Pro, doesn't matter)

- Use "Gaymore"

- Use AK74

- Use Famas

- Rc-XD kills

- Knife people

- Stun people and the proceed to kill them

Anything else i'm forgetting?

iNvid02

bolbronx said:

- Use "Gaymore"

- Use AK74

- Use Famas

- Rc-XD kills

- Knife people

probably a lot more - people act as though they've been given a set of COD commandments.
Everyone must follow these rules or be labelled a noob. In reality its babies crying like bitches.

Fuck them, use whatever you want, keep getting kills and frustrating them

Biff

bolbronx said:

- Rc-XD kills
I only have a problem with those two. And not because of the people using them, but because Treyarch was retarded in their implementation.

1. You should not be rewarded with a half second of invincibility if you lose a firefight.
2. You should not be rewarded with a selfish offensive killstreak with only 3 kills (2 with hardline pro).

If you can be killed while falling into last stand mode, I would be 100% ok with everyone using it.
If RC-XD was a 5 killstreak, I would be 100% ok with everyone using it. Early killstreaks should be defensive/useful for the entire team.

ChefRamsay said:
I only have a problem with those two. And not because of the people using them, but because Treyarch was retarded in their implementation.

1. You should not be rewarded with a half second of invincibility if you lose a firefight.
2. You should not be rewarded with a selfish offensive killstreak with only 3 kills (2 with hardline pro).

If you can be killed while falling into last stand mode, I would be 100% ok with everyone using it.
If RC-XD was a 5 killstreak, I would be 100% ok with everyone using it. Early killstreaks should be defensive/useful for the entire team.

That's why I think second chance is cheap. People only use it to try to get the advantage in a firefight. "Follow them to the ground with your fire! It's not hard" is often the comment used to justify it but there's a chance my clip will empty before your whack perk decides to allow you to take damage again. Then you win. When I should have. Thus, it's fucking cheap.

Everything else is ok. Even RCXDs. I don't care that it's a "selfish" perk. There are too many of them for sure but if someone wants to be vulnerable for 2 minutes so they can get one kill so be it.

Bought the game from amazon for 40 bucks...sold it back to amazon for 39. As bad as this game is I think I got my dollar's worth out of it. Good riddance.

And one last comment on this game - last stand is fine if it wasn't for the lag. Invincible frames seem to increase as lag does. I've shot down plenty of people in last stand before they hit the ground and I've been pistol killed by people before I shot them to the ground. Like everything about this game...it's random. And not interesting random that's chosen by the player, but pure uncontrollable, uncounterable, determined by nothing of you or your opponent's chosing random.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mr. B Natural said:
Bought the game from amazon for 40 bucks...sold it back to amazon for 39. As bad as this game is I think I got my dollar's worth out of it. Good riddance.
The funny thing is that you could buy PC version now like I told you too from the start and a lot of your issues would be fixed right off the bat.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
ChefRamsay said:

The RC-XD is overpowered when compared to the Valkyrie missile killstreak. The Valkyrie doesn't even work that great on some maps where everyone is primarily inside. It's very hard to control and see where everyone is. When I get them in a care package if I'm lucky one out of two will end up hitting someone. The RC-XD is very easy to control and a you're basically guaranteed a kill. It lasts long, too (I think even longer than the Valkyrie missile). One is unlocked after 2 kills (with hardline) and the other is 6 or 7 (I forget). Doesn't make sense.

Stallion Free said:
The funny thing is that you could buy PC version now like I told you too from the start and a lot of your issues would be fixed right off the bat.

I always liked COD on 360...until this game. This game sucks performance wise, which is still blowing my mind about a COD game post 4. But, alas, you're right. Still would have found it dull, uncreative and uninteresting gameplay wise no matter the platform, but at least on PC I presumably wouldn't have to deal with the other crap.

bolbronx

ChefRamsay said:

I only use the Second chance perk to get revived, i dont get much "after"-kills with it.

And most of the time i get killed before i even get the gun in my hand.

The thing that upsets me is that if i down an enemy (who's using SC) and a teammate finishes him of while im reloading or some shit, he gets the kill and i get an assist.

And i can't stand if i'm the only one getting spyplanes for the team, while everyone else is busy playing with their toys. I'm fucking blind here, help out you cunts. Useful in domination though.

bolbronx said:

Am I the only one who's XBL profile is set to mute all strangers? I have no idea if I'm getting called any names and it's a great experience.

RSTEIN

PalaceBrother said:
Am I the only one who's XBL profile is set to mute all strangers? I have no idea if I'm getting called any names and it's a great experience.

I'm calling you names right now.

Yeah the RC car is one of the only really annoying perks to me. I've become better at shooting them, but they can be so frustrating when you are in the middle of a firefight and one sneaks up behind you. I really think that for one it should have been at least 4 and probably 5 kills to earn one and secondly that there should be some kind of equipment counter to it such as Hacker Pro disrupting it or some such thing. Even the fact that you get it instantly at the 2 kills with hardline versus other killstreaks where you first have to call in the package like a Sentry gun or SAM turret.

DRE Fei

I've had some decent games since I set my search preference to locale only, but the framerate still suffers for me whenever I'm host even after the patch (360). I hope this stuff gets addressed before the map pack on February 1st because I'm starting to get exhausted with this game.

RSTEIN

BigBlue1974 said:
Yeah the RC car is one of the only really annoying perks to me. I've become better at shooting them, but they can be so frustrating when you are in the middle of a firefight and one sneaks up behind you. I really think that for one it should have been at least 4 and probably 5 kills to earn one and secondly that there should be some kind of equipment counter to it such as Hacker Pro disrupting it or some such thing. Even the fact that you get it instantly at the 2 kills with hardline versus other killstreaks where you first have to call in the package like a Sentry gun or SAM turret.

Having to call in the Sentry Gun is BS IMO. If I didn't have to wait for it to drop in I'd definitely use it. A well placed Sentry Gun is good for ~5 kills at least.

RSTEIN said:
Having to call in the Sentry Gun is BS IMO. If I didn't have to wait for it to drop in I'd definitely use it. A well placed Sentry Gun is good for ~5 kills at least.
Yeah I like it too, but if they made it instant, I think it'd actually be TOO powerful for the kills needed to get it. Like you said, a nicely placed sentry gun can do a decent amount of damage. I usually rock care package as a killstreak and if I get a sentry gun I don't reroll it with Hardline Pro. I figure that it'll at least get me a couple kills plus it'll make someone on the opposing team's day if they are using Ghost and don't have the Pro version yet.

tsigo

jonnybryce said:
Why doesn't jammer interfere with RCXD at all? That's annoying, at least it would help combat the frequency and power of them.

I posted about this a few pages back. There's a ton of ways they could potentially better balance the RC-XD while leaving it at 3.

Here's another one without bringing a jammer into it. Implement a fuse timer where after the trigger is pulled, the car can't be controlled anymore. Even a ~1 second fuse where the car couldn't move would still be deadly while allowing alert players to dive out of the kill radius.

cuevas said:
Do you have a learning disability or something? Pretty much every map I disliked in the first week of getting the game I still dislike. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to recognize a bad map.

Are you that self-important? What convinces you that you're the barometer on map-making quality? Your comments suggest you have little appreciation of why a map is well-designed in the first place. And spare me your attempts to appear to possess the ultimate viewpoint. You're not convincing anyone.

You enjoy Hanoi. That says it all.

Again, tiresome criticism but no substance? Explain to me why Hanoi is a bad map. Please, let the inarguable truth spout freely. I'm eager to lap up your wisdom! :lol

3ur4zn said:
Are you that self-important? What convinces you that you're the barometer on map-making quality? Your comments suggest you have little appreciation of why a map is well-designed in the first place. And spare me your attempts to appear to possess the ultimate viewpoint. You're not convincing anyone.

Again, tiresome criticism but no substance? Explain to me why Hanoi is a bad map. Please, let the inarguable truth spout freely. I'm eager to lap up your wisdom! :lol

Can we stop this now?

Cornbread78

ChefRamsay said:

Funniest example of teh "Last Stand" crap:

1)Were were doing a Gamebattle against another clan (4v4), were were in the tie breaker round of S&D, the other team takes 3 guys really quickly and leaves my buddy as teh only one left (we were defending) he takes out 2 of the three remaining guys on their team, and the last guys living comes running at him, he blasts him down, so he is in last stand, the guys was facign the opposite direction, so he runs up to shoot him and the Jeep in Nuketown blows up on it's own and kills my buddy and the other team gets the win, WTF....Such horsecrap!!!!! Screw Last stand!

PalaceBrother said:
Can we stop this now?
:lol No kidding, just agree to disagree and move on.

Going to post my PS3 ID again as I've yet to play with anybody from GAF that I don't actually
already know: CerebusArdvark (Bonus marks if you know who that is).

I've played quite a bit on both the PS3 and 360 and although the PS3 does have a lot more connection issues and the 360 has a better overall feel, I still wind up less frustrated on the PS3 because I encounter WAY more campers on the 360.

3ur4zn said:
3ur4zn said:
Firstly, when did I say it was a good map?

I should have realized it was a joke character earlier, I need to get better at spotting these fuckers.

PalaceBrother said:

I'm always in a party but it has the same effect. Most people I play with don't have a mic or I see them in a party too.

dLMN8R

So I get that my dislike of Nuketown might be a taste thing or something, and that some other people might really like it, but WHAT THE FUCK is up with 20% of the servers I'm finding being 18-person servers and Nuketown ONLY??

Is there something I'm missing here? That map is a fucking piece of shit.

dLMN8R said:
So I get that my dislike of Nuketown might be a taste thing or something, and that some other people might really like it, but WHAT THE FUCK is up with 20% of the servers I'm finding being 18-person servers and Nuketown ONLY??

I hated it until I started spending more time in the houses. The center area is a cluster****, but if you plan careful routes inside and around the house you can rack up some great streaks.

Mind you this strategy works in Domination where you can protect two points. I can't speak to other modes.

dLMN8R said:

I think its an awful map also in anything outside of free for all's or wager matches but its very popular on the console version also. It always gets voted for when it comes up and always twice.

I always back out of the lobby when it comes up.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Alienshogun said:
That was one of the main issues I had.

I love your avatar so much.
9061_v.gif
9061_v.gif
9061_v.gif
9061_v.gif

edit: omg where did Hudson go? nuuuuuuuu

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Stoney Mason said:
I think its an awful map also in anything outside of free for all's or wager matches but its very popular on the console version also. It always gets voted for when it comes up and always twice.

I always back out of the lobby when it comes up.
Treyarch decreased the frequency that it pops up in MM, so I can't really blame people who vote for it when it comes up. A small map can be a nice change of pace; I haven't played on it in quite a while.

cameltoe

bolbronx said:

- Use "Gaymore"

- Use AK74

- Use Famas

- Rc-XD kills

- Knife people

I was called a try-hard.....I guess trying to aim at, then shoot the enemy means you are trying to hard...

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
cameltoe said:
I was called a try-hard.....I guess trying to aim at, then shoot the enemy means you are trying to hard...

In any event you go 10-0 Kill death ratio, you are a also a 'no life'. There is no escape verbal bashing in online shooters.

Stantron

tsigo said:
I posted about this a few pages back. There's a ton of ways they could potentially better balance the RC-XD while leaving it at 3.

Here's another one without bringing a jammer into it. Implement a fuse timer where after the trigger is pulled, the car can't be controlled anymore. Even a ~1 second fuse where the car couldn't move would still be deadly while allowing alert players to dive out of the kill radius.
I really like this idea a lot. I think this change would make the killstreak more in line with the original intent of killing campers who are cramped up in the corner of a building... makes the RCXD tough to avoid. Yet, a person in the open would have a good chance to keep running when the fuse was initiated. It would also make the chase a little more fun since the outcome has a good chance to go either way, rather than heavily swayed in favor of the RCXD user. And the RCXD user would need to actually be tactful since he would need to anticipate where the enemy will be when the explosive detonates. Now, it feels like skill-less cheap kills.

Other things they can do:
- make the hit box on the damn thing bigger, if for nothing else but to compensate for the shitty hit detection.
- make the RCXD user shown on enemy radar. If your within a certain radius, RCXD user shows up as if black bird was up...further away, he shows his general location. Would give the killstreak a bit more risk/reward.
- if RCXD user is killed his damn killstreak should end immediately with no explosion.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
ChefRamsay said:

You can be killed while falling into last stand mode. I do it to people using Last Stand about 75% of the time it seems. When I tried the perk I almost never made it to Last Stand. I quit using it because it was completely worthless for me.

Brian Fellows said:
You can be killed while falling into last stand mode. I do it to people using Last Stand about 75% of the time it seems. When I tried the perk I almost never made it to Last Stand. I quit using it because it was completely worthless for me.
I don't even mind people using last stand that much as I'm so used to it that I just track them down and fire the extra bullet or two to finish them off. The less people using hacker just means more kills for me with my claymores. Only time I really hate it is when I get in a firefight with two guys, both of who have last stand. I've been killed a few times that way because I will drop them both, but they both fall into last stand and finish me first.

aaannnddd as of 6pm last night I am officially CODed out. No hate, just done. I found myself yawning and turning the game off after a match, coming back to it an hour later quitting mid match and turning it off . Honestly weird feeling.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Anerythristic said:
aaannnddd as of 6pm last night I am officially CODed out. No hate, just done. I found myself yawning and turning the game off after a match, coming back to it an hour later quitting mid match and turning it off . Honestly weird feeling.

I didn't even think about the game for a little over 2 weeks. Now I'm back and addicted as ever.

dLMN8R

luoapp said:
Two fallen Last Stand guys, can they revive each other?
Nope, that happened to me a couple weeks ago. We just stared at each other, I typed "LOL", his longing eyes waiting, hoping for a second chance, and....nothing. We died pointing guns at each other, hunched up on the ground, tragically unable to do anything but bleed out slowly.

RSTEIN

Anerythristic said:

I'm at this point right now.

I'm not prestiging so there's no point to continue the grind. My k/d is high so every game feels like work to keep it up rather than fun.

Top Bottom