• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

I finally got Flak Jacket pro. (I never throw back grenades so I had to train myself to do it so it took forever). Shit is pimp. I can mostly ignore fire now.

VaLiancY

Stoney Mason said:
I finally got Flak Jacket pro. (I never throw back grenades so I had to train myself to do it so it took forever). Shit is pimp. I can mostly ignore fire now.

Get ready to hear "He's in the fire! How'd the fuck did he kill me?! OMG Fuck this game."

Stoney Mason said:
The best thing about flack jacket is running through claymores and killing campers.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
tsigo said:
I followed through with my new rule of no reviving. Feels good! :lol
Feels even better if you run up to them and prone, as if you are going to revive them, only to run away.

Scarecrow

maybe a stupid question, but do they ever fill out empty slots with bots? I feel like sometimes I encounter a dude, and he just stands there shooting at me, as if I were playing Training.

X26

Banned
Been playing more TDM lately to get the new tdm related contracts that give exp, but it's just not worth it, camping is so ridiculous. Back to domination I go.

DRE Fei

Motion sensors and second chance need to be removed from this game. Also, fuck jungle TDM. So many games go to the time limit now due to camping. Can't they just change the killstreaks in classic TDM so they build on each other? I'd like to see the playlist numbers if that happened.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
X26 said:
Been playing more TDM lately to get the new tdm related contracts that give exp, but it's just not worth it, camping is so ridiculous. Back to domination I go.

This. The playstyle between TDM and a game mode like Domination is night and day in BO. TDM's extremely defensive, while Domination is almost all offense or get out.

I play TDM primarily and don't find camping to be anything ridiculous or games to go to time limit. I guess I run around and usually get mvp so I contribute to ending the game before the limit. If a lot of people play slower and defense I can see it happening.

DRE Fei said:
Motion sensors and second chance need to be removed from this game. Also, fuck jungle TDM. So many games go to the time limit now due to camping. Can't they just change the killstreaks in classic TDM so they build on each other? I'd like to see the playlist numbers if that happened.

What's wrong with motion sensors?

user_nat

jonnybryce said:
I play TDM primarily and don't find camping to be anything ridiculous or games to go to time limit. I guess I run around and usually get mvp so I contribute to ending the game before the limit. If a lot of people play slower and defense I can see it happening.
This.

Infact, I don't think I have ever seen a TDM game end due to time.

jonnybryce said:
What's wrong with motion sensors?

I too want to know what's wrong with motion sensors. I really like the equipment balance in this game:

• Claymores watch your back and can get you a free kill, but only have one use.
  • Motion Sensors watch your back and notify you of incoming enemies and can last forever; however, there is a perk to render them completely ineffective.
  • Camera Spikes watch your back, notify you of incoming enemies, last forever, and can't be countered; however, you lose your minimap.
  • All can be detected with Hacker, and can be hacked to be rendered useless.

divisionbyzorro said:
I too want to know what's wrong with motion sensors. I really like the equipment balance in this game:

• Claymores watch your back and can get you a free kill, but only have one use.
  • Motion Sensors watch your back and notify you of incoming enemies and can last forever; however, there is a perk to render them completely ineffective.
  • Camera Spikes watch your back, notify you of incoming enemies, last forever, and can't be countered; however, you lose your minimap.
  • All can be detected with Hacker, and can be hacked to be rendered useless.
Motion sensors make you stay in one spot to be effective, making you camp. If you keep re-planting it you will probably die a lot.

I use claymores and usually put em down a few seconds after I spawn if I remember then sprint away. If I get a kill, cool. Unless you are camping equipment isn't that useful.

RSTEIN said:
Having to call in the Sentry Gun is BS IMO. If I didn't have to wait for it to drop in I'd definitely use it. A well placed Sentry Gun is good for ~5 kills at least.

It's the only way to balance the thing out.

Just imagine:

- player has two waves coming at him
- kills first wave and earns a sentry gun
- immediately gets to place the sentry gun down to kill the next wave without them getting a warning about the sentry gun.

Even the chopper gunner still has a warning for other players so that they can try and stay inside and wait or take out their launchers.

X26

Banned
user_nat said:
This.

Infact, I don't think I have ever seen a TDM game end due to time.

yea can't stand that either

played a tdm on firing range and hanoi earlier and neither ended on time, that's ridiculous on those maps especially firing range. during the hanoi match it was nothing but a team full of ghost users and motion senors or claymores in one of the buildings, so stupid

and the problem is tdm rewards that kind of playstyle

LeMaximilian said:
This. The playstyle between TDM and a game mode like Domination is night and day in BO. TDM's extremely defensive, while Domination is almost all offense or get out.

I rush all the time and play TDM and Free-for-all.

If you are having trouble with campers, use more grenades, ESEPCIALLY the tactical grenades. I have lost count of the number of times that I knew someone was camping, threw a flashbang in, and killed them because they were relying on knowing when someone was coming in.

X26 said:

played a tdm on firing range and hanoi earlier and neither ended on time, that's ridiculous on those maps especially firing range. during the hanoi match it was nothing but a team full of ghost users and motion senors or claymores in one of the buildings, so stupid

hacker. Also grenades.

X26 said:

Hanoi just sucks for everything.

About the whole games going to time - what the hell are you guys talking about? The only time that games go to time for us is when we get put into 3v2 games or if they turn into 3v3 or something when people quit. I see people like Max saying tdm is so campy but most games I have seen from him he sits in one area all game and doesn't see half the map.

cuevas said:
Motion sensors make you stay in one spot to be effective, making you camp. If you keep re-planting it you will probably die a lot.

I use claymores and usually put em down a few seconds after I spawn if I remember then sprint away. If I get a kill, cool. Unless you are camping equipment isn't that useful.

I used motion sensors as a way to track what's going on around me at random times, not purely for camping. A way to see what direction to run in next. I get that most use it to camp though.

As far as Jammer, that thing is awesome. I often drop it in a high traffic area and enjoy knowing their maps are all messed up but it's extremely useful to run passed enemy equipment safely and kill a camper/pair of campers or hack things like an enemy turret before it becomes an issue. It adds a lot of strategy to the game imo.

cuevas said:

I rarely camp and love the motion sensor. I use it to clear corners and quickly pick it up again before moving on.

jonnybryce said:
I used motion sensors as a way to track what's going on around me at random times, not purely for camping. A way to see what direction to run in next. I get that most use it to camp though.

As far as Jammer, that thing is awesome. I often drop it in a high traffic area and enjoy knowing their maps are all messed up but it's extremely useful to run passed enemy equipment safely and kill a camper/pair of campers or hack things like an enemy turret before it becomes an issue. It adds a lot of strategy to the game imo.

I always want to use the jammer more than I currently do. I need to stick it in a few of my classes

jonnybryce said:

If I get to a high traffic area I'm likely to just run in but I'm impatient.

X26

Banned
Tkawsome said:
I rarely camp and love the motion sensor. I use it to clear corners and quickly pick it up again before moving on.

if I didn't like my claymores so much I'd use the sensor for that purpose

Repgnar

What's with people losing the game then calling the winning side try-hards? Been hearing that term thrown around a lot lately. Also, why aren't you guys reviving people using second chance pro? You guys aren't fans of the perk or something?

Dmorr07 said:
What's with people losing the game then calling the winning side try-hards? Been hearing that term thrown around a lot lately. Also, why aren't you guys reviving people using second chance pro? You guys aren't fans of the perk or something?

It's nothing more than a typical response from someone who has an insecure hang-up about losing. It's like the kids who make all C's and D's in school making fun of the "nerds" who make all A's.

There are a lot of people who think they're making some sort of statement by not reviving people in Second Chance pro. Like it's going to make a damn bit of difference.

user_nat

Dmorr07 said:
Seriously annoys me. Seems like every other time I try and revive someone, the enemy will spawn around the corner and come kill both of us.
In a close game I will revive them though.

user_nat said:
Seriously annoys me. Seems like every other time I try and revive someone, the enemy will spawn around the corner and come kill both of us.
In a close game I will revive them though.
I'd take the loss every time, fuck them.

Dmorr07 said:

Because I hate anyone that uses second chance, but that probably as to do with the fact that my main is the Olympia.

dLMN8R

Butt-hurt jackasses who ignore second-chancers out of spite for the perk need to grow a pair. It's plenty easy to kill someone who's using it, and it robs you of an extremely vital other perk that's far more useful like Hacker.

Play the game, shut the fuck up, and actually try to help your team win.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
dLMN8R said:
Butt-hurt jackasses who ignore second-chancers out of spite for the perk need to grow a pair. It's plenty easy to kill someone who's using it, and it robs you of an extremely vital other perk that's far more useful like Hacker.

QQ more.

I will never pick up a person off the ground.

dLMN8R said:

Yes! It's working.

I like how you say you could use a better perk which would help your team out but still cry about us not helping you.

dLMN8R

cuevas said:
Yes! It's working.

I like how you say you could use a better perk which would help your team out but still cry about us not helping you.
What? Where did my post imply that I use it?

I don't use it anymore, because I personally think that Hacker is more effective. But if I see a teammate laying on the floor, I'm not going to fucking ignore him like some 12 year old idiot on Xbox Live whose vocabulary consists of the word "faggot" and not much else.

What do you think is more helpful for your team? Ignoring an extra gun that could help your entire team survive? Or actually helping him so he can contribute, and maybe send a quick Steam/XBL/chat message after the fact telling him that other perks might be more helpful in the future?

God, people like you are why playing public multiplayer games suck fucking shit.

snack

Brian Fellows said:
I revive people if I can.
Speaking of revivals, some dude today was lying on the ground in the middle of the battlefield. I was half way from fully reviving him, but shit hit the fan when the opposing team flanked me, so I pussied off and ran away like a coward. That dude must've hated me so much after that... I'm such a bad teammate!

I don't mind Second Chance. It was the only really useful tier 3 perk (the others were just somewhat useful) in WaW and I have fond memories of baiting potential 'medics' on Search whilst watching them both in my Springfield's scope. :lol

And reviving buddies, too. The only bad thing is the invincible frames. Fuck those.

I don't use it because of the other awesome perks like Hacker Pro <3.

dLMN8R said:

I can't because I'm busy rushing the team with a shotgun which requires stealth, which requires I not go near people that have already been targeted.

Reviving you isn't nearly as helpful as successfully flanking 1 or 2 guys from behind and getting around 20 kills per game.

dLMN8R said:
What do you think is more helpful for your team? Ignoring an extra gun that could help your entire team survive? Or actually helping him so he can contribute, and maybe send a quick Steam/XBL/chat message after the fact telling him that other perks might be more helpful in the future?

God, people like you are why playing public multiplayer games suck fucking shit.

It's not that I'm ignoring him, it's that I know I can't defend myself when I revive someone specifically because of my primary weapon. If I revive you in the middle of a hot spot, which it is if you got into last stand there, then I'm more likely to just get killed before or right after I revive you, and then you get killed anyway because you were in said hot spot.

TestOfTide said:
I can't because I'm busy rushing the team with a shotgun which requires stealth, which requires I not go near people that have already been targeted.

Reviving you isn't nearly as helpful as successfully flanking 1 or 2 guys from behind and getting around 20 kills per game.

It's not that I'm ignoring him, it's that I know I can't defend myself when I revive someone specifically because of my primary weapon. If I revive you in the middle of a hot spot, which it is if you got into last stand there, then I'm more likely to just get killed before or right after I revive you, and then you get killed anyway because you were in said hot spot.

What if the guy who got downed killed the guy who put him down?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
snack said:
Speaking of revivals, some dude today was lying on the ground in the middle of the battlefield. I was half way from fully reviving him, but shit hit the fan when the opposing team flanked me, so I pussied off and ran away like a coward. That dude must've hated me so much after that... I'm such a bad teammate!

Oh something like that definitely qualifies as "I can't".

Stoney Mason said:
I always want to use the jammer more than I currently do. I need to stick it in a few of my classes

You should give it a shot! At first I wasn't sure what to do with it and didn't use it too much but now I find it instrumental and really satisfying. Plus you know the other side is freaking out thinking two claymores on the stairs = security and yet I just ran up and knifed them both. Good stuff.

Top Bottom