• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
cuevas said:
He's talking about being able to tell who is good at cod, that has everything to do with what I quoted.

I meant your statement "that being good on consoles is easier." First, I have no idea what that really means. Secondly, I don't know how you're defining "good." Lastly, I'm not sure how one goes about proving that.

cuevas said:
If you want to play with the best go to the PC and join one of the pay to play leagues and try to get on a team. Yeah being good is easier on consoles get over it.

Bullshit. :lol You're doing a good job of making me regret taking you off my ignore list.

It's been real but I'm selling this game tomorrow. So many fixes yet still a messy and unsatisfying experience. I shall give no more time of my life to it.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
divisionbyzorro said:
Bullshit. :lol You're doing a good job of making me regret taking you off my ignore list.

Oh so this is a frequent occurrence? I was assuming him being a royal captain dudebro was just a coincidence when I was posting in this thread. :lol

cuevas said:
If you want to play with the best go to the PC and join one of the pay to play leagues and try to get on a team.

PC_Gaming_Master_Race.jpg

X26

Banned
does any of it really matter, I mean in mw2 I always checked my k/d and crap and now I don't remember shit about that stuff from the game, let alone years from now. None of this shit matters, just have fun

although having said that, I do rage sometimes in blops, hard habit to break

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
X26 said:
does any of it really matter, I mean in mw2 I always checked my k/d and crap and now I don't remember shit about that stuff from the game, let alone years from now. None of this shit matters, just have fun

although having said that, I do rage sometimes in blops, hard habit to break

COD mp in general lends itself so easily to pure and brutal nerd rage. /guilty

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
LeMaximilian said:
COD mp in general lends itself so easily to pure and brutal nerd rage. /guilty

I find Halo to be much more rage inducing, something about it is more competitive.

The only raging I've found myself doing in CoD games is to inbalanced weapons, and idiot teammates.

Alienshogun said:
I find Halo to be much more rage inducing, something about it is more competitive.

The only raging I've found myself doing in CoD games is to inbalanced weapons, and idiot teammates.

The phrase "useless fucking teammates" escapes my lips fairly frequently when playing solo. :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
divisionbyzorro said:
The phrase "useless fucking teammates" escapes my lips fairly frequently when playing solo. :lol

Yeah, I think that's a staple with any shooter. :lol At least in COD teammates are less of a necessity.

X26

Banned
Alienshogun said:
Yeah, I think that's a staple with any shooter. :lol At least in COD teammates are less of a necessity.

Depends on the mode. I play mainly domination and I just love when I'm capturing an objective and, despite having teammates nearby, not getting any help capturing it or getting any kind of covering fire for when the other team comes to defend it

The ones that are just camping get a smoke nade at their feet

divisionbyzorro said:
LeMaximilian said:
Oh so this is a frequent occurrence? I was assuming him being a royal captain dudebro was just a coincidence when I was posting in this thread. :lol

I play Blops exclusively on the 360.
and DBZ you never added me, I like to know the people I post with :)

X26 said:
The ones that are just camping get a smoke nade at their feet
Try a decoy!

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
cuevas said:
If you want to play with the best go to the PC and join one of the pay to play leagues and try to get on a team. Yeah being good is easier on consoles get over it.
What? how does playing on consoles have to do with anything? I notice you always post these silly theories without and legitimately decent proof. Are you a troll? I'm being 100% sincere here.

So lag issues still there, but we have a new menu option? The fuck?

Also, MP has turned into an AK74u fuck fest.

Galil with suppressor FTMFW

And have they put in quick scoping now?

Maffis

MarkMclovin said:
So lag issues still there, but we have a new menu option? The fuck?

Also, MP has turned into an AK74u fuck fest.

Galil with suppressor FTMFW

And have they put in quick scoping now?

Galil on its own is a beast. And not so many uses it :D

They have released a patch that increases the sniper zoom accuracy by a little. So yeah... I don't, however, think it's at MW2 levels yet.

snap0212

cuevas said:
Yeah being good is easier on consoles get over it.
There may even be some truth to that, but it would be helpful if you could at least give a couple of reasons why that is the case. I have a theory as to why you would think that way, but my theory gets destroyed as soon as we start talking about professional players (players who play to make money).

Compare the CoD PC and console vids. They basically all do the same things. They throw the grenades at the exact same spots, for example. The knowledge about the game (how it works, where the spawns are, which perks are best for gametype X, etc) is the same and everything works the same.

Sorry, but you didn't even try to tell anyone why it would be that way, you didn't define "good" or made an attept to take your post seriously.

snap0212 said:
There may even be some truth to that, but it would be helpful if you could at least give a couple of reasons why that is the case. I have a theory as to why you would think that way, but my theory gets destroyed as soon as we start talking about professional players (players who play to make money).

Compare the CoD PC and console vids. They basically all do the same things. They throw the grenades at the exact same spots, for example. The knowledge about the game (how it works, where the spawns are, which perks are best for gametype X, etc) is the same and everything works the same.

Sorry, but you didn't even try to tell anyone why it would be that way, you didn't define "good" or made an attept to take your post seriously.

If I posted my stats for COD4 on 360 vs PC would that help? And yes, I do agree it's much easier to be a "better" player on console.

snap0212

BloodySinner said:
If I posted my stats for COD4 on 360 vs PC would that help? And yes, I do agree it's much easier to be a "better" player on console.
No, it would not help. I'm way better on the 360 than on the PS3 (according to my stats). Is that proof that it's easier to be better on the 360?

snap0212 said:
No, it would not help. I'm way better on the 360 than on the PS3 (according to my stats). Is that proof that it's easier to be better on the 360?

One could argue that the 360 controller is better for console shooters, but that's another story. :lol

snap0212

BloodySinner said:
One could argue that the 360 controller is better for console shooters, but that's another story. :lol
I personally prefer the PS3 controller. Funny thing is that my stats for World at War are the opposite. Better on PS3 than on the Xbox.

My actual point was that you guys didn't provide any proof for what you've said. My reasoning would have been that people who own a gaming PC are more serious about what they do. More households have a gaming console capable of running a modern FPS than PCs that can do the same thing. That causes a situation where people buy CoD and play it for about an hour online to then stop. If you have played 200 hours you're just way better than they are. I don't know if you were having the same situation on the PC where people are more serious about what they do. I don't have any proof for that, of course, but that'd be my guess. If you don't provide any proof for what you present as a fact there's no need to discuss anything or take those comments seriously.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
BloodySinner said:
There is an option to play with the 360 pad in BLOPS. You will find it a very enlightening experience.

RSTEIN said:
Marathon, Hacker, and Ninja are all great. I don't run around. I don't really sneak up on people. I don't run into claymores. So I use Second Chance. I don't really know how one can say that this is "totally delusional."

Hacker is not just about keeping yourself from running into claymores. Knowing where explosives are pretty much tells you where to expect enemies.

divisionbyzorro said:

I only play the 360 version of BO, but based on my experience in TF2 and watching what some scouts can do in that game, he's right that PC takes more skill.

Are you guys really arguing that one platform takes more skill than another - and then backing up your argument with ancidotal evidence!?? :lol :lol :lol

Your K/D ratio on PC might be better/ worse than your K/D ratio on Xbox because of the fact your better/ worse at controlling the game on that platform - the general population probably has the same distribution of skill.

TestOfTide said:
I only play the 360 version of BO, but based on my experience in TF2 and watching what some scouts can do in that game, he's right that PC takes more skill.

Apples to oranges. TF2 in general just requires more skill.

And I've given up my goal of improving my W/L ratio while playing Lone Wolf. It just won't happen! I swear the game deliberately pits randoms against parties at times. I've changed my goal: I now just want to stay even when playing lone wolf, and then slowly bring down my W/L differential when playing with parties. Trying to actually win the game with randoms is just too infuriating.

Shit whatever you do, don't shoot someone in mid-air if they have SC. I've had quite a few people jump down from places and the invincibility frames last until they hit the ground. They don't die when they hit the ground either - I thought any fall was meant to kill them?

bobs99 ... said:
Are you guys really arguing that one platform takes more skill than another - and then backing up your argument with ancidotal evidence!?? :lol :lol :lol

Your K/D ratio on PC might be better/ worse than your K/D ratio on Xbox because of the fact your better/ worse at controlling the game on that platform - the general population probably has the same distribution of skill.
I disagree. I got WaW on the 360 first to play with friends. When I went back to the PC version (after like 15 days of playtime of the 360 version) and BO PC I definitely had to step my game up. I think the reason is that everyone and their mother plays the console version. From super nerds to casuals. It's just got a wider audience.

Mr Sandman said:
I disagree. I got WaW on the 360 first to play with friends. When I went back to the PC version (after like 15 days of playtime of the 360 version) and BO PC I definitely had to step my game up. I think the reason is that everyone and their mother plays the console version. From super nerds to casuals. It's just got a wider audience.
In the console version of the games there is auto-aim to compensate for the terrible joysticks you have to use. On PC you have full control of what you do, showing if you can really aim or are just getting carried by auto-aim. The competition on PC games is also going to be better because you don't have the very casual "I just want to play a couple matches because my grandma bought me this" gamers.

In my post I mentioned pay to play leagues, this will further eliminate terrible competition if you want to know if you are good. No more "lol I flanked and kill all's of yous noobs" because people will be paying attention.

And ill say again, I only play on the 360 because that's where my friends play.

Stantron

MarshMellow96 said:
Shit whatever you do, don't shoot someone in mid-air if they have SC. I've had quite a few people jump down from places and the invincibility frames last until they hit the ground. They don't die when they hit the ground either - I thought any fall was meant to kill them?
Uh, you sure about that? Maybe it was just bad hit detection and/or the guy had lightweight pro. I know that once you're already in last stand, falling down one step of stairs will kill you. :lol

I'm starting to feel like the last patch only had a temporary placebo effect on the lag situation. More and more the game seems to be worse then ever as far as shots not registering, emptying clips that don't appear on the killcam, etc. Is everybody else still noticing this? Or is it just me?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
divisionbyzorro said:
I'm starting to feel like the last patch only had a temporary placebo effect on the lag situation. More and more the game seems to be worse then ever as far as shots not registering, emptying clips that don't appear on the killcam, etc. Is everybody else still noticing this? Or is it just me?

Well, they didn't eliminate the lag. From what I can tell, what they got rid of was specifically the locational advantage. Being host for some is good until you start dropping frames like a mofo. But prior to patch, if you lived close to the host...you had a distinct advantage over anyone else who lives across the US or elsewhere. I don't feel like every corner I turn anymore could lead to instant death.

It's not perfect by any means, but it makes 3 bar-2 bar games actually playable. But I hear what you mean. In those situations, if you try to shoot a running enemy...you better be leading that sunnuvabitch by a good 5-10 feet if you want any of your shots to register.

cameltoe

divisionbyzorro said:

nope not just you....It feels much worse for me with 3 bars. You really need to "lead" now......ugh

I was really pleased with the patch for the PS3 from yesterday. I played for a couple hours and the host migrations always worked, never had any disconnects and in general I just found that my shots seemed to be registering better. Of course, maybe I lucked out on that last point and the enemy was having a horrible time of it with shooting me.

Meier

I don't think I have ever been more frustrated in a game than this Push NVA Back section. I clear out every enemy with the mounted gun, run to kick over a barrel and die every time by the time I can even try and get cover. It's so fucking obnoxious that I'm not sure I want to even play any more.

tsigo

Meier said:
I don't think I have ever been more frustrated in a game than this Push NVA Back section. I clear out every enemy with the mounted gun, run to kick over a barrel and die every time by the time I can even try and get cover. It's so fucking obnoxious that I'm not sure I want to even play any more.

Is this on Veteran? Cause yeah that part was retarded. I found it helped to stay at the top for a bit (don't follow Woods down directly), clear out what you can then move to Woods' position, then move down and left to the bunker with the mounted machine gun. Continue clearing out and make a desperate move to the barrels. It seemed like complete luck whether or not you'll complete the (completely fucking exposed) animation in time to not die.

Meier

tsigo said:
Is this on Veteran? Cause yeah that part was retarded. I found it helped to stay at the top for a bit (don't follow Woods down directly), clear out what you can then move to Woods' position, then move down and left to the bunker with the mounted machine gun. Continue clearing out and make a desperate move to the barrels. It seemed like complete luck whether or not you'll complete the (completely fucking exposed) animation in time to not die.
Yeah on Vet. I just can't get past that second barrel. An enemy apparently respawns and shoots me from the right side every god damn time. It's absolutely ludicrous.

I DID IT!

divisionbyzorro said:

And I've given up my goal of improving my W/L ratio while playing Lone Wolf. It just won't happen! I swear the game deliberately pits randoms against parties at times. I've changed my goal: I now just want to stay even when playing lone wolf, and then slowly bring down my W/L differential when playing with parties. Trying to actually win the game with randoms is just too infuriating.

I kno what you mean. I've had TDM games where I am in the village part of jungle, and everyone is still looking toward the one side, I TELL THEM EXPLICITLY TO CHECK THE BACK OF THE VILLAGE, and as I run into position to take out people coming from the ruins end, people have already gotten there and shoot me (I can't take out that many guys with an olympia, and I notice on my minimap that the whole time poeple where still not checking behind them.

And btw, you don't need to wait to respawn for grenades. It's just equipment that goes away as soon as you respawn.

Brian Fellows said:
Was it ever good?

Im a death machine @ 4 bars, a victim of circumstance @ 3. It's super frustrating. It also seems to be much, much worse whenever I play One in the Chamber. The online is basically broken in that mode. It doesn't make sense to include knife lunges and lightweight on top of a laggy net code : /

luoapp

divisionbyzorro said:

Lol, you can just play Merc TDM. And it's so much satisfying if you can single-handedly beat a team. Admittedly, you can't do that for the most of the time, but it still feels good when you are the one with most kills and the highest kdr on the scoreboard.

Stantron said:
Uh, you sure about that? Maybe it was just bad hit detection and/or the guy had lightweight pro. I know that once you're already in last stand, falling down one step of stairs will kill you. :lol

I think he was in last stand before he landed (at least it felt like he was
or should have been :lol
).

luoapp said:
Lol, you can just play Merc TDM. And it's so much satisfying if you can single-handedly beat a team. Admittedly, you can't do that for the most of the time, but it still feels good when you are the one with most kills and the highest kdr on the scoreboard.

When I posted that, I was still raging from two straight hours of solo Demolition (trying to get plants for Flak Jacket and Ninja Pro). You want to lose your voice screaming obscenities at your teammates? Try playing Demolition solo...

This game is often not good for my blood pressure. :lol

Mileena

Banned
Maffis said:
I agree. Or atleast on normal servers, pug servers. There you just spam explosives in the general direction of the enemy.
It's better in pugs/scrims because of class limitations and whatnot. Still, it's a game more about teamwork and less about skill. Quake 3 and CS1.6 are the two games that come to mind when talking about requiring raw skill.

Top Bottom