• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Omiee said:
wtf is this bullshit i had 50.000 dollars or what ever u call them, i had this problem where the ps3 thought or black ops thought i was using a guest account and dident let me get into multiplayer so i restarted the game and now i lost all of my money :S wtf is this bullshit
pick pocket perk. I stole your monies.

RSTEIN said:
yes, I'm saying the killstreaks may cancel out the suicides!
You're not fully grasping what's going on...

A suicide gives you a death without someone killing you. With a killstreak person A is getting a kill, while person B is getting a death, thus maintaining a 1.0 global k/d balance. Since suicides only add deaths without there being someone getting a kill, the global or avg k/d will gravitate closer to 0.9ish.

RSTEIN

RJNavarrete said:
You're not fully grasping what's going on...

A suicide gives you a death without someone killing you. With a killstreak person A is getting a kill, while person B is getting a death, thus maintaining a 1.0 global k/d balance. Since suicides only add deaths without there being someone getting a kill, the global or avg k/d will gravitate closer to 0.9ish.

Yes I realize that I'm saying that the distribution is probably more leptokurtotic compared to first person shooters without killstreaks.

Are you guys ready for the arrival of the Christmas meat? :lol

dZxO3.gif

So many fucking disconnections lately. Pissing me off to no end.

Host migrations sucks in this game. It sucked in MW2 and it sucks just as much now.

RSTEIN said:
Yes I realize that I'm saying that the distribution is probably more leptokurtotic compared to first person shooters without killstreaks.
No. You still don't realize what's going on. For EVERY SINGLE KILL in the game there must be someone dying. That's a direct 1:1 ratio. Killstreaks have nothing to do with it. Call of Duty KDs are no different than any other FPS, as all games give you one kill for getting a kill, and one death for dying once... As previously stated, though, suicides involve nobody getting a kill; therefore, the ratio will be leaning towards .90 or so rather than 1.0, and that applies to any and all FPS.

Whoring the shit out of Second Chance on a 24/7 HC Nuketown server and it feels so dirty. :p Nothing in tier 3 matters much on NT, especially when you're rocking Flak Jacket (negates Claymores). Still I only get a kill maybe 1/7 times.

Also, lots of fresh meat! :D

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My first game of the morning. I started out 10-1 and had #11 in my sights when the game ended due to a connection error. My team was winning and only had 30 kills total. I was in for a big game.

ThirstyFly said:
:lol

I hope I can finally crack a 2.0 kdr now. It'll be my first for a CoD and I'm so close~

I cracked it last week, and then decided to try sniping... :lol

I've managed to move it back up to a 1.98 though. Shouldn't be too much longer before I get back to 2.

hopefully the fresh meat means that I can get that steady aim quick knife challenge

btw, divisionbyzorro, you still haven't confirmed the friend request on xbl.

TestOfTide said:
hopefully the fresh meat means that I can get that steady aim quick knife challenge

btw, divisionbyzorro, you still haven't confirmed the friend request on xbl.

If I haven't, it's because I haven't noticed it yet. I'll check now.

MrCompletely said:
best hunting day of the season and I have to go to my inlaws :(

My inlaws are coming here. Even more aggravating. :lol

I'll find some time today though. And the hunting should still be good for the next couple of days.

divisionbyzorro said:
My inlaws are coming here. Even more aggravating. :lol

I'll find some time today though. And the hunting should still be good for the next couple of days.

Last year I brought my Xbox with me to cash in on the MW2 meat. My wife didn't let me live that down for awhile. No way I'm making that mistake again.

RSTEIN

RJNavarrete said:
No. You still don't realize what's going on. For EVERY SINGLE KILL in the game there must be someone dying. That's a direct 1:1 ratio. Killstreaks have nothing to do with it. Call of Duty KDs are no different than any other FPS, as all games give you one kill for getting a kill, and one death for dying once... As previously stated, though, suicides involve nobody getting a kill; therefore, the ratio will be leaning towards .90 or so rather than 1.0, and that applies to any and all FPS.

It appears I cannot discuss how statistics work with you so I'm going to move on from this conversation. Have a good and Merry Christmas.

Brian Fellows said:
I'm about 30-1 in games I've been disconnected from today.

I managed to sneak away to try to get in a quick game or two. First game was a Ground War Domination on WMD. I got a quick 7-streak for a Blackbird, and the host immediately dashboarded. The next three games had me being put into the middle of blowouts, and the fourth was so laggy I watched multiple bursts go right through the enemy players. Disappointing.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
divisionbyzorro said:
I managed to sneak away to try to get in a quick game or two. First game was a Ground War Domination on WMD. I got a quick 7-streak for a Blackbird, and the host immediately dashboarded. The next three games had me being put into the middle of blowouts, and the fourth was so laggy I watched multiple bursts go right through the enemy players. Disappointing.

I finally gave up after 4 disconnects and my PS3 freezing up.

vhfive

Brian Fellows said:
I finally gave up after 4 disconnects and my PS3 freezing up.
I can't play at my parents house the internet here is terrible (they live in the middle of nowhere in NH). I tried playing three games today and I was red bar in everyone :/

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Is this game still a mess on PC? I had heard people with dual cores were having issues, which is what I have. I don't mind if I have to keep my settings in check, but I don't want to load up the MP and find that everything's unplayable, obviously.

Maffis

GuiltybyAssociation said:
Is this game still a mess on PC? I had heard people with dual cores were having issues, which is what I have. I don't mind if I have to keep my settings in check, but I don't want to load up the MP and find that everything's unplayable, obviously.

I had problems before, but I run a E8500 and it runs very well now after the patch.

I might be done with this game. I can go 40-1 and be upset because the 1 death was from some guy with ghost pro and a silencer sitting a bush. This game takes too little skill to get kills, I will probably be going back to halo. In reach I would say 90%+ of the 1v1's are won by the better player, in Blops it is totally up in the air. I might return to see what the patches bring.

RSTEIN - We know it will be closer to 1K-D spread compared to other games but that doesn't change the fact that it will still always be negative.

Maffis

AgentOtaku said:
Can I expect this to run well on:

Radeon5850
Q8400
4gb

Thanks and how is the community online?

Who knows. People with all kinds of different specs report different performance. I've seen people with e8500 say they got problems while I no longer do.

yoopoo

Banned
TacticalFox88 said:
I'm loving all these Christmas noobs. :lol
Me too, I had two of my best games ever back to back. Had 38 kills and then 40 kills. All I did was run around like a monkey with the Famas.

yoopoo said:
Me too, I had two of my best games ever back to back. Had 38 kills and then 40 kills. All I did was run around like a monkey with the Famas.

I chucked Hardline on and got the pro version within a few games. It's just ridiculous, so many new players running around aimlessly, I almost felt bad for them. Almost.

RSTEIN

Noobs... glorious noobs. Just a hundred kills or so away from 2.0.

The problem with noobs is they're unpredictable. They don't follow the natural flow/rhythm of the maps. They'll often be hiding off in some corner where you don't expect them. Or they'll run around with a rocket launcher.

bridegur

I'm not big on FPS games in general, but I've now been exposed to Black Ops for two extended periods of time, and I just need to express what an absolute, joyless, bland mess of shit this thing is. A more engaging game could be developed by a team of Wonder Bread loaves. That's all I'll say.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I received Black Ops as a Christmas gift. The game was was sealed in plastic, complete with the bar code sticker that goes over the top of the case. So naturally, I didn't think anything of it. I opened it up and all that was there was a blank CDR. Anyone heard about this happening?

TimeLike

cuevas said:
I might be done with this game. I can go 40-1 and be upset because the 1 death was from some guy with ghost pro and a silencer sitting a bush. This game takes too little skill to get kills, I will probably be going back to halo. In reach I would say 90%+ of the 1v1's are won by the better player, in Blops it is totally up in the air. I might return to see what the patches bring.

RSTEIN - We know it will be closer to 1K-D spread compared to other games but that doesn't change the fact that it will still always be negative.

If I ever go 40-1 in this game, I'll hire a freakin giant billboard on Hollywood Blvd advertising the fact.

As for the KD thing, I don't see why it has to be overall negative. If only people who have positive ratios die, then everyone is positive! For every kill there is a death, but the person who died isn't necessarily negative. The average can still be positive.

TimeLike said:
As for the KD thing, I don't see why it has to be overall negative. If only people who have positive ratios die, then everyone is positive! For every kill there is a death, but the person who died isn't necessarily negative. The average can still be positive.

The weighted average of K/D ratios in this game mathematically has to be negative. This should be obvious.

MCX

Banned
Gouty said:
I received Black Ops as a Christmas gift. The game was was sealed in plastic, complete with the bar code sticker that goes over the top of the case. So naturally, I didn't think anything of it. I opened it up and all that was there was a blank CDR. Anyone heard about this happening?
Sounds like a Walmart-ed game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
TacticalFox88 said:
I wish they would at least give you points on the screen. I feel like don't get the kill at times. :/
Well chances are you did because it takes like 2 bullets. Unless they are one of those last stand bitches.

Add two more 100+ games from last night. <3 Christmas noobs plus hardline, blackbird, chopper gunner, and dogs. I call it the "Nowhere to hide" setup. :D

Top Bottom