• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

corkscrewblow said:
It's better in pugs/scrims because of class limitations and whatnot. Still, it's a game more about teamwork and less about skill. Quake 3 and CS1.6 are the two games that come to mind when talking about requiring raw skill.
Cs combined strategy and skill so well, I haven't played it in a few months but its a game that's hard to jump back into.

cuevas said:
Cs combined strategy and skill so well, I haven't played it in a few months but its a game that's hard to jump back into.

I sucked at CounterStrike back in the day. :lol I tend to assume that if I'm good at a shooter, it doesn't require much skill (and vice versa).

Mileena

Banned
People are much better now, and it really is hard to get back into it. Most of the people playing competitively will just two-shot you the instant they see you. I used to rage pretty damn hard on MW2 for various reasons but it wasn't even close to my CS playing rage. I wish I still good at CS... but I'm not so I play easy CoD instead :lol

on a more relevant note, I'm finally picking up some Trittons tomorrow and getting back into BO. Just need to unlock Ninja pro and I'm set!

eek5

bobs99 ... said:
Are you guys really arguing that one platform takes more skill than another - and then backing up your argument with ancidotal evidence!?? :lol :lol :lol

Your K/D ratio on PC might be better/ worse than your K/D ratio on Xbox because of the fact your better/ worse at controlling the game on that platform - the general population probably has the same distribution of skill.

Are there people like this on PC?

whatisthis.jpg

kuYuri

divisionbyzorro said:
When I posted that, I was still raging from two straight hours of solo Demolition (trying to get plants for Flak Jacket and Ninja Pro). You want to lose your voice screaming obscenities at your teammates? Try playing Demolition solo...

This game is often not good for my blood pressure. :lol

Dude, you should just message me or something, I'd be down to play. I need to build my Ninja/Flack Jacket and especially Marathon. I need good teammates to play with so I can get those flag captures or bomb plants/defuse, I pretty much refuse to play objective types these days unless it's with people.

Strider2K99 said:
Dude, you should just message me or something, I'd be down to play. I need to build my Ninja/Flack Jacket and especially Marathon. I need good teammates to play with so I can get those flag captures or bomb plants/defuse, I pretty much refuse to play objective types these days unless it's with people.

Next time I see you, sure. I did finally finish up Ninja, and the only thing left for Flak Jacket is 5 tossbacks.

I actually got Scout Pro today as well. The PSG is a pretty effective sniper rifle; I've been having decent success (read: consistently going positive) with this kit:

• PSG-1 (no attachments)
  • Python + Speed Reloader
  • Concussion, Frag, Claymore
  • Hardline, Scout, Marathon

tsigo said:
There almost has to be to allow the 3+ K/D people to exist. Every game needs cannon fodder.

Today I had a teammate who had 36 hours played, was level 46, and had a .3 K/D ratio. In the game I was in, he went 0-20. How can he be having any fun? 36 hours is a lot of time to put into a game that you suck at...

spent several hours today getting hardline pro. i couldn't believe how difficult it was to get someone to take my crates.

i was tossing em down right in front of others and then running off and it still was a pain!

luoapp

WickedLaharl said:
spent several hours today getting hardline pro. i couldn't believe how difficult it was to get someone to take my crates.

i was tossing em down right in front of others and then running off and it still was a pain!

I changed my nametag to "Take my crate plz" for that. People are just too polite :lol

GeekyDad

WickedLaharl said:

Yeah, just wait 'til you want the greedy the fuckers to leave them alone. Then the roaches come crawling out the woodwork to steal it while you're standing right fucking next to it.

WickedLaharl said:

i gave up on that a while ago.

Does anyone know how many levels there are in dead ops arcade? Im currently on 31 and wondering when im gonna finish this

edit: well...died at 34...it gets unfair lol

divisionbyzorro said:
Today I had a teammate who had 36 hours played, was level 46, and had a .3 K/D ratio. In the game I was in, he went 0-20. How can he be having any fun? 36 hours is a lot of time to put into a game that you suck at...

It's all about perspective. He probably gets very excited just to get a kill. Meanwhile, I am competing with myself to have a 1:1 K/D. And then there are others striving to get a 2:1 and above K/D. Perspective. And maybe he is having fun in a party with a group of friends.

Bread

Banned
Sharpshooter might be my favorite game mode, nothing quite like a gun change while in the middle of a gun fight. So intense!

Just beat the campaign.

Pretty shitty if you ask me. I liked Modern Warfare 2's much better and that's not saying too much.
Really unfocused. No set themes or strong direction.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Maffis said:
Me :D Though that longest killstreak is glitched. I know I had a longer killstreak before but it hasn't saved.

Remember that the KS record is now for weapons only. Any kills granted through killstreak rewards wont go towards the record.

And holy shit, they added Villa to the Ground War rotation.

Maffis

LeMaximilian said:
Remember that the KS record is now for weapons only. Any kills granted through killstreak rewards wont go towards the record.

And holy shit, they added Villa to the Ground War rotation.

I see. That might explain it.

The sniper tower on Firing Range is cheap as shit! Next time you're playing Domination on Firing Range, try getting up there with Flak Jacket, Warlord, and Marathon. Take an M60 with a Grip and Extended Mags. You will rule the map, and nobody can take you down without a coordinated effort among teammates. :lol

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
divisionbyzorro said:
The sniper tower on Firing Range is cheap as shit! Next time you're playing Domination on Firing Range, try getting up there with Flak Jacket

Never thought about that before :O

X26

Banned
rezuth said:
How can people have positive if not many are negative?

and a lot of those players stop playing eventually and peoples kd's start going down as it gets more competitive

only reason my kd is relatively high (2.4X) is because I played so much at launch when so many terrible players were around, stat padding lololol.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
X26 said:
and a lot of those players stop playing eventually and peoples kd's start going down as it gets more competitive

only reason my kd is relatively high (2.4X) is because I played so much at launch when so many terrible players were around, stat padding lololol.

I started playing 4 days before launch but the pre-launch connections were so bad that I only managed a 1.2 in those 4 days. I'm also assuming the level of competition was probably a lot better then.

X26

Banned
Brian Fellows said:
I started playing 4 days before launch but the pre-launch connections were so bad that I only managed a 1.2 in those 4 days. I'm also assuming the level of competition was probably a lot better then.

pre-launch for sure I imagine

that reminds me, tomorrow should make for some easy pickings unless treyarch implements some sort of temporary holiday playlist (for those at rank 1-49 with no prestige)

X26 said:
pre-launch for sure I imagine

that reminds me, tomorrow should make for some easy pickings unless treyarch implements some sort of temporary holiday playlist (for those at rank 1-49 with no prestige)

Here's hoping the don't! :lol

RS4-

Whatever the recent patch did it makes my game unplayable; the game just locks up and I have to end the process every few games and it happens at random moments.

Starting to get more frustrated with the game. Here's The Ragequitter's Manifesto that I posted on the official boards:

Dear Lag Ops,

I've tried to be a defender of yours, but you're making it very difficult on me. So I am now going to quit games, even while hosting, and be completely guilt-free about it. I will be completely unabashed about leaving games.

I will quit your game the instant I lose a gunfight because my M16 inexplicably stutters in between shots of a single burst.

I will quit your game the instant I get my fifth hitmarker with an assault rifle within 20 meters.

I will quit your game when you once again spawn me directly into the line of fire of yet another player spraying their FAMAS.

I will quit your game when it takes me an entire clip of my assault rifle, aimed at the head, to down a stationary target that isn't even looking in my direction.

I will quit your game the second I see a hitmarker on a zoomed-in shot on a static player's upper body made from my L96 while I'm holding my breath.

I will quit your game when I lose a gunfight because the opponent I was aiming at teleports, rather than fluidly runs, to another spot.

I will quit your game the instant I drop more than two frames per second while hosting. I think I'm being generous here.

I will quit your game when you spawn anyone directly behind me. The exception being on Nuketown because that level sucks anyway, and its designer was hopefully castrated and prevented from procreating.

I will quit your game when, at the beginning of the game, you put me on a team of three against six other players.

My name is Freezie, and if you see me online, I'm probably just about to leave your game. Feel free to add your own.

Omiee

wtf is this bullshit i had 50.000 dollars or what ever u call them, i had this problem where the ps3 thought or black ops thought i was using a guest account and dident let me get into multiplayer so i restarted the game and now i lost all of my money :S wtf is this bullshit

Top Bottom