• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

cameltoe

framerate on numetown or whatever its called its horrible! Demolition was brutal!

ugh it feels too much like WaW for me....was hoping for MW1....nadda.

ZeroRay

cameltoe said:
framerate on numetown or whatever its called its horrible! Demolition was brutal!

What version do you have?

cameltoe said:
ok this is after an hour of playing

LAAAGG and lots of it. I changed it to search locally and got put into a game with 2 bars :/

Guns feel.....weird? IDK something feels off.

Skorpion takes LOTS of bullets to kill.....

It must all be lag related because when playing bots they drop quick with the mp5...no so online...

the goofy footsteps from WaW are back...when you are sprinting you foot steps go silent intermittently...i hated this with WaW..

Back to playing....
Until tuesday i'd not be surprised if no one in your local region was playing online so you were being paired up with oversea hosts.

Why do foot steps become quiet in a sprint? should they not get louder instead?

cameltoe

Diablohead said:
Until tuesday i'd not be surprised if no one in your local region was playing online so you were being paired up with oversea hosts.

Why do foot steps become quiet in a sprint? should they not get louder instead?

its weird....you hear some footsteps..then nothing..then they kick in again..

gillFTR

h0pper said:
just quit your job. that's what I did. not even joking.

I remember when a friend was working at best buy during the release for PS3 and the manager saw him in line(he was like 3rd)...then told him employees couldn't buy it(Im pretty sure he could of just let it go, but he was being a douche because he took that day off from work). Then he just quit right there in line LOL.

gillFTR said:
I remember when a friend was working at best buy during the release for PS3 and the manager saw him in line(he was like 3rd)...then told him employees couldn't buy it(Im pretty sure he could of just let it go, but he was being a douche because he took that day off from work). Then he just quit right there in line LOL.
:lol nice

KAL2006

Banned
I asked this question before but did not get a proper answer

Does the PC version have 360 controller support, if so are there aim assist and etc like console versions, basically when played with a controller will it play exactly like console versions. I know K+M is better, but I prefer controllers and I will only play single-player mode.

KAL2006 said:
I asked this question before but did not get a proper answer

Does the PC version have 360 controller support, if so are there aim assist and etc like console versions, basically when played with a controller will it play exactly like console versions. I know K+M is better, but I prefer controllers and I will only play single-player mode.

I can answer one of your questions for sure and that is yes it will have controller support. I am not sure if it will support aim assist.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42700/

Scroll down and the lower right side under the ESRB rating is proof of controller support.

Nizz

cameltoe said:

Which version are you playing if I can ask?

cameltoe said:

It's probably being affected by bad lag because there aren't enough people playing in your region. I'd hold off on giving final judgment until it releases.

Just wondering, is some enterprising soul going to set up a dedicated GAF server like they did on Bad Company 2? Or is the Black Ops crowd not that l33t?

Pandemic

I've been on the fence about this game, don't know whether to purchase it or not.

I might wait until the reviews pour in, but I'm sure they'll all be positive ones... :lol

snack

Bump for new page!

Black Ops (PC) for $45

http://www.direct2drive.com (IGN partner - it's safe)
Make an account or if you have an ign one, login.

Once in checkout, use PROMO CODE "bigsavings" - without the quotation marks.

One quick note, to complete the purchase, an automated machine will call you (input your number) and they'll give you a code to input (for safety reasons).

Then you can pre-download the game. You will get the key on November 9th.

NOTE: THIS GAME WILL WORK WITH (and only with) STEAM JUST LIKE THE DVD RETAIL/STEAM DOWNLOAD ONE.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Pandemic said:
I've been on the fence about this game, don't know whether to purchase it or not.

I might wait until the reviews pour in, but I'm sure they'll all be positive ones... :lol

I'm going to GameFly it and see how the multiplayer pans out. You don't know what you're getting until people start spamming exploits.

Fourman said:
I can answer one of your questions for sure and that is yes it will have controller support. I am not sure if it will support aim assist.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42700/

Scroll down and the lower right side under the ESRB rating is proof of controller support.

That's a first. Been waiting for controller support for the longest. Now I can finally kick back with PC quality graphics on my tv.

This is also the first reply I've seen to this question with a non-snobby remark :lol . Try to ask this question on gamefaqs and you get 2 pages of vile confrontational dipshits telling you to go buy the console version instead.

Rikyfree

I may buy this for the campaign (loved WAW campaign) and for the bots. I don't know, it's just that sometimes I don't like playing with real game abusing pricks like those found in the real world. Plus no lag with bots or 12 year olds trash talking.

Rikyfree said:
I may buy this for the campaign (loved WAW campaign) and for the bots. I don't know, it's just that sometimes I don't like playing with real game abusing pricks like those found in the real world. Plus no lag with bots or 12 year olds trash talking.
If the bots were offline and pretty decent, I might not go online at all. Maybe that's why they made them online only. I'll probably play against bots most of the time too if the userbase has so many shrieking children. And it will. :lol

Max

I am not Max
the_zombie_luke said:
If the bots were offline and pretty decent, I might not go online at all. Maybe that's why they made them online only. I'll probably play against bots most of the time too if the userbase has so many shrieking children. And it will. :lol
I've learned with PC gaming, that playing without hearing other people yelling is a much more enjoyable experience.

Honestly, if I had gotten it for the 360 chat settings would be mute.

Max said:
I've learned with PC gaming, that playing without hearing other people yelling is a much more enjoyable experience.

Honestly, if I had gotten it for the 360 chat settings would be mute.
Yeah, I kind of miss playing games online for PC. It's easier to ignore typed messages versus what sounds like dying animals that make racial slurs.

Top Bottom