• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
TacticalFox88 said:
And do a version that's an even worse train wreck? :lol
Idk, I play Black ops at 85-91 fps, 1080p, 16x AA, and rarely a ping over 40.

If that's a trainwreck, well shit I need to ride trains more.

KiKaL

Stallion Free said:

Same boat for me, I have PC and 360 version. PC I'm on 35 of first Prestige. 360 I'm lvl 14 :lol PC is my goto version

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
divisionbyzorro said:
O_O Mind blown!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9eUT6hkADw#t=0m35s (skip to 35 seconds if the ad plays for you)

How did I not know you can enter the building from this direction? In all of my time playing I've never done this and I've never seen anyone do it. And yet it's so obvious!
You aren't the only one, I probably get a kill every game on the map due to people not knowing about that entry point. There is a way in on the other side also.

Stallion Free said:

Runs pretty great for me too. Even on my 9800GT it ran great (just had to rebuild my config file for my 460).

divisionbyzorro said:
O_O Mind blown!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9eUT6hkADw#t=0m35s (skip to 35 seconds if the ad plays for you)

How did I not know you can enter the building from this direction? In all of my time playing I've never done this and I've never seen anyone do it. And yet it's so obvious!
I did know about this one, but only because I watch my brother-in-law(16 years old) play. I learn so many things from him in terms of different routes etc.

Another one that I can't be bothered to find a video of, but on Cracked, there's a building right next to the "C" flag on Domination with some stairs leading up. It's a popular camping spot for guys as it also has a window facing the "B" flag. Well on the opposite side there's a big truck. You can run, jump and get on the truck then make a jump to the window and pull yourself up into the room. Most of the guys camping that room of course put a claymore by the stairs so are totally not expecting someone to come in the window...such an easy kill.

You guys also know you can climb the front of one of the houses on nuketown to gain entry upstairs right? Might even be both. All you gotta do is approach it from the side and sprint jump.

RSTEIN said:
My problem with Black Ops is that it's like having sex with hooker. There's no feeling to it. It's just... blah. I'm not talking about just the scripted events but the actual game play. You shoot at the enemies and there's no real feedback. There's no satisfaction to it. Most encounters involve a bunch of enemies clustered in a hallway and you just close your eyes and shoot. A beautiful woman can be quite boring if she just lies there with no emotion.

In Gears the feedback is so amazing. Same with Reach. The action is fast and furious but you feel every kill. Every kill--even the lowest enemies--means something. There's no one thing that makes them better. It's the sum of all the little things: the way the enemies react to the bullets, AI, weapon design. There's just a feeling to it. I'm not describing it properly, hopefully others who feel the same can articulate it better.
Game is easier than those other games so its not as satisfying.

divisionbyzorro said:
O_O Mind blown!

I've not long figured out that you can jump over the ledge on the birdhouse and you'll have some cover facing the building at the bottom.

divisionbyzorro said:
O_O Mind blown!

I love finding out stuff like that in these games. The game is so hectic, most people don't really have a chance to play around with the levels and find new hiding spots/or alternate entrances.
Here's another cool one I stumbled onto a while back in Summit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO5ntTiVOBw#t=37s

It's a great spot, but once they find out where you are it's hard to defend yourself.

Tkawsome said:
I love finding out stuff like that in these games. The game is so hectic, most people don't really have a chance to play around with the levels and find new hiding spots/or alternate entrances.

It's a great spot, but once they find out where you are it's hard to defend yourself.
I've gotten bombers and single-handedly defended B from that spot (cut off the bridge flank + watched B from the catwalk) on Domination. It was hardcore and I was using an M14 (1 shot 1 kill) so they never could find me. :lol

tsigo

Tkawsome said:

Now that one I did not know. I saw a guy up in that tower before but never bothered to check it out in theater.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
cuevas said:
Got six kills with three chopper gunners because people were just staring at the sky to shoot shit down.

So, it's funny why?

They didn't need Ghost to negate his killstreak, in fact, they made him waste it all while having any perk they wanted.

Alienshogun said:
So, it's funny why?

They didn't need Ghost to negate his killstreak, in fact, they made him waste it all while having any perk they wanted.

They need to shoot down aircrafts to get ghost pro... :|

I started pretty much going UAV/Counter/Blackbird after this happened because I don't particularly enjoy being taken off the ground and out my soldier.
ever since cod4 if a team shoots stuff down like that they are guaranteed to be awful.

cuevas said:
Got six kills with three chopper gunners because people were just staring at the sky to shoot shit down.
It's bad on the PC version. It's why I don't even bother with Cobra, Huey or the gunship. I got a Hind shot down before I could even get a shot off. Never again.

tsigo

Just went 30-1 in a Ground War TDM, no camping, with Spy Plane, Counter Spy Plane and Blackbird. Guess what killed me? RC-XD at 9500 points.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Just had to quit out of 4 straight games. Worst lag I've encountered yet.

By the way, who has the tag newmanizer?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
corkscrewblow said:
Ground War needs to be changed to Demolition/Domination. I wanna play it but I can't stand TDM.

I'm the opposite. I hate it when we have more than people in our party because then we have to play Ground War and I can't stand Domination.....or any other objective mode for that matter.

Magik

OMFG the netcode in this game is driving me crazy! Far to many times I land the first few bullets and end up dieing just to see on the kill cam that I didn't even hit him at all. Whats even more annoying is that it happens a lot when I have full 4-bars on my connection.

Mileena

Banned
Since I know we have a ton of 74u haters ITT, just for the lulz:

2UpLX.jpg

I just got spawn camped by an attack dog. He killed me, sat next to my tactical insertion, and killed me again when I respawned. I waited a while to avoid getting killed by the same dog too, thinking he would run off after I died, but no. That son of a bitch didn't move until I came back.

Yeah, I think I'm about done with this game.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Tkawsome said:
I just got spawn camped by an attack dog. He killed me, sat next to my tactical insertion, and killed me again when I respawned. I waited a while to avoid getting killed by the same dog too, thinking he would run off after I died, but no. That son of a bitch didn't move until I came back.

Yeah, I think I'm abuut done with this game.

More proof that dogs > cats

X26

Banned
corkscrewblow said:
I got nothing else to use on my Galil :(

Don't need dots to aim, don't need silencer, don't need extended mags.

dual mag?

it's all I use most of the time on any gun

Effect

The more I play Bad Company 2 online (PC version) the more I wish the price for this game would drop. Some games I do great in (came out top score a few times) and others poorly but I'm really more comfortable then I've ever been playing against others. A combination of this game, Oblivion, and Half-Life 2 have done wonders. Though I still suck as a sniper. The only class in BFBC2 I haven't maxed. The $60 price tag and on going issues I keep reading about when it comes the PC version keeps giving me pause.

What's the likelihood of the price dropping? At least the PC version as it hasn't and most likely won't do the same numbers as the PS3/360 versions?

yoopoo

Banned
Fuck I lost my aim..I've been playing the game too much. Use to be able to pick people off with any AR across the map, now I'm missing them at point blank range. I keep aiming to the right.

Need to take a break from the game.

_Alkaline_ said:
These guys are noobs?

I think it's wonderful that so many in the Black Ops community are willing to shoot shit down. It's a godsend, even.

Why should they stop to shoot anything? If you stop moving, you're camping.

Top Bottom